Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

2seaoat wrote:http://www.today.com/moms/support-pours-mom-accused-leaving-kids-hot-car-2D79536366

We have all but succeeded in criminalizing poverty and desperation.  The real crime is why a mother with two children has to be so desperate while seeking a job that she has no day care options......no safety net.   Our people are better than this.  This mother made a mistake.   These children could have died, but when we allow 17 trillion of the new wealth in this country to aggregate in the top 7% of our population, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize this is the new reality.  The real crime is not returning our tax rates to where they were and creating jobs where this mother could support her family......safely.   Eight years in jail for trying.....and I have to hear the poison on this forum of how people choose this lifestyle and their inherited wealth is based on merit......how perverse and totally corrupt are we going to allow before we stop this?

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

Since you're so concerned why don't you offer her a job in your business so that she can support herself and her family?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

Dreamsglore wrote:You're not going to find any compassion for any human beings from the last two posters,Seaoat. It's simply not there and that's the mindset of the conservatives. It's all about them and the money they can't take w/ them. The mother made a mistake and it could have ended tragically but it didn't and she was in a bad situation.Everything is not black and white. I think as a society some segments have lost any semblance of humanity. If I were Queen all these soulless people would be cast on an island unto themselves so they could live their selfish lives together worshiping their money.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

You're free to offer her employment too. Perhaps you can hire her to clean your house so she can watch her kids at the same time.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

Dreamsglore wrote:Let's see who's left? I know you're perfect and never make mistakes. All of the conservatives are.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4gNfbDInvCS72DwlCtpfv1hjimPREtnfT9QStKQENnd7GIUIq

I'm not left but I am conservative and while we're talking about perfection.. If you think you're so perfect then why don't you open your own purse, and maybe even drain your retirement account, to help this poor woman that you're so concerned about yourself?..... Or is it that you're not willing to do it because you're a pathetically selfish individual who only wishes to have it her way because you're unwilling to do it yourself?

I think it's the latter and the same applies to Seaoat, FT, and all the rest of you supposedly enlightened progressive liberals.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Smile 

Dreamsglore wrote:

She made a mistake. Believe it or not everyone isn't the smartest person in the world. She will pay dearly for it or is right now. I see dumb things all the time so get your knives sharpened. It's expected.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4gNfbDInvCS72DwlCtpfv1hjimPREtnfT9QStKQENnd7GIUIq

Well that's obvious! All anyone has to do is read what you, FT, and any other supposedly enlightened progressive liberal has to post to realize none of you progressives are the sharpest tool in the shed.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing 

2seaoat

I just tested the water.......I now want our resident racists to tell us what happened to the white mother who left her children in the hot parking lot at the doctor's office? Sure is a coincident that every time a black person drops a bubble gum wrapper is charged with littering, and is scolded by the usual suspects, but when that same white person drops the bubble gum wrapper......it is big government who is oppressing someone. A black kid runs out of a convenience store with candy not paid for and it is his lazy nature and poor parenting, but a white rancher who steals a million dollars from the government is a rock star, and evil big government is overstepping it's authority.......coincidence......when I see one of our usual suspects show any variation from the racist roots of their opinions.....I will concede that this woman should serve eight years in jail......stupid is what stupid does, racist is what racist does.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sorry to disappoint you Seaoat......I had no idea what color she was. I didn't read the link and not one person, other than you, mentioned race.

I follow Northwest Fl daily news and post there.....My comments and opinions regarding this woman are the same as the mother who was charged and sentenced for the drowning of her 14 month old. The child drowned in the neighbors fish pond. The mom was previously charged with neglect and abuse. Her children were removed from the home and she had just regained custody shortly before the child died. The home was filty and had feces all over.........children deserved to be loved and cared for .......not treated as if they didn't matter.

2seaoat wrote:I just tested the water.......I now want our resident racists to tell us what happened to the white mother who left her children in the hot parking lot at the doctor's office?   Sure is a coincident that every time a black person drops a bubble gum wrapper is charged with littering, and is scolded by the usual suspects, but when that same white person drops the bubble gum wrapper......it is big government who is oppressing someone.   A black kid runs out of a convenience store with candy not paid for and it is his lazy nature and poor parenting, but a white rancher who steals a million dollars from the government is a rock star, and evil big government is overstepping it's authority.......coincidence......when I see one of our usual suspects show any variation from the racist roots of their opinions.....I will concede that this woman should serve eight years in jail......stupid is what stupid does, racist is what racist does.

I see... You're a racist who isn't willing to open the doors to your business to help this poor woman even though you're complaining how she needs help and you have the means, after all your bragging all these years of how well off you are and how well you've run your business.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/17/2014, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5cGgCd_xIyZldXJFX49PNs187dUqkRpRqGKenEUvPmy6ykU9-

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzJNYYkkhzc

Smile 

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:I just tested the water.......I now want our resident racists to tell us what happened to the white mother who left her children in the hot parking lot at the doctor's office?   Sure is a coincident that every time a black person drops a bubble gum wrapper is charged with littering, and is scolded by the usual suspects, but when that same white person drops the bubble gum wrapper......it is big government who is oppressing someone.   A black kid runs out of a convenience store with candy not paid for and it is his lazy nature and poor parenting, but a white rancher who steals a million dollars from the government is a rock star, and evil big government is overstepping it's authority.......coincidence......when I see one of our usual suspects show any variation from the racist roots of their opinions.....I will concede that this woman should serve eight years in jail......stupid is what stupid does, racist is what racist does.
Ah the ole racecard....when you cant excuse and defend a woman making potroast out of her kids always pull it as the last resort. Its also the sign that the argument has been lost.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Gunz wrote:
Ah the ole racecard....when you cant excuse and defend a woman making potroast out of her kids always pull it as the last resort.    Its also the sign that the argument has been lost.

cheers cheers 

The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

2seaoat

The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

A bit judgmental without knowing a thing about her. I left the kids in the car when I went in to pay for gas........if something happened to them would I be a terrible father? Tell me how long being separated from your kids in the car makes you a terrible parent......is it thirty seconds.....two minutes.....five minutes.....ten minutes......because I must have been a terrible father. I just got lucky I guess......somebody could have abducted them when I dropped off a check at the insurance man, and I might have someone judging me.....naw.....I am a white man..............we rarely get judged....we are special.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

A bit judgmental without knowing a thing about her.  I left the kids in the car when I went in to pay for gas........if something happened to them would I be a terrible father?    Tell me how long being separated from your kids in the car makes you a terrible parent......is it thirty seconds.....two minutes.....five minutes.....ten minutes......because I must have been a terrible father.  I just got lucky I guess......somebody could have abducted them when I dropped off a check at the insurance man, and I might have someone judging me.....naw.....I am a white man..............we rarely get judged....we are special.

What kind of job interview takes less than 1 minute? What gas station does not have pump visibility? How long does it take to pull up in front of an office and drop off a check?
.....You can do better.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gunz wrote:And heres FlTx with her usual cut and paste horseshit that doesn't have anything at all to do with a mom cooking her kids in a hot car.   Yeah tex, women need jobs ...we get it.   Doesn't mean you can make potroast out of your children.

Look, POS, I have personally turned a woman in to store security for leaving her infant in a hot car while she SHOPPED. I have also reported people for child abuse and neglect...exactly 2, so don't act like I'm some crank. Explain to me WHERE I posted anything about women and jobs...that was Markle's contribution. I just called him on it, just as I will continue to do, because 90% of what he spews here is lies. Please show me where I expressed sympathy for this woman...although I do actually feel sorry for her because she's apparently STUPID. She should have taken her children to the interview if she couldn't find a sitter or had no one else to watch them. And YOU can KMA.

2seaoat wrote:The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

A bit judgmental without knowing a thing about her.  I left the kids in the car when I went in to pay for gas........if something happened to them would I be a terrible father?    Tell me how long being separated from your kids in the car makes you a terrible parent......is it thirty seconds.....two minutes.....five minutes.....ten minutes......because I must have been a terrible father.  I just got lucky I guess......somebody could have abducted them when I dropped off a check at the insurance man, and I might have someone judging me.....naw.....I am a white man..............we rarely get judged....we are special.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfNA08qfHJfrnBPQy-8g_RTZrnIfguRfnBBLSq8_uqaJ-fl8gG

If you're feeling guilty and have a pressing need to assuage some abstract sense of culpability for your past crimes why don't you fly out there and pay for her defense. Seems like you have the cash to do so if you can sit around and play poker all the time. Put your cash where your mouth/posts are. Otherwise all you appear to be able to do is whine about how everyone else should be responsible but not yourself... or her.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/17/2014, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

I don’t condemn her for wanting to get a job, to provide for her children.

What I find objectionable is her lack of judgment in leaving her kids in the hot car.

Also, there are many “safety nets” already in place for a woman in her situation, provided for by local, state, and federal agencies. And, if her town is similar to Pensacola, there are numerous non-governmental entities, which are available to her.

2seaoat

What I find objectionable is her lack of judgment in leaving her kids in the hot car.

Eight years in prison, and her children losing their mother.......because society wants to protect them......yet the bankers and wall street crooks never saw one day in jail as this country had ten trillion dollars stolen.....yep if only our judgment was consistent.

2seaoat wrote:What I find objectionable is her lack of judgment in leaving her kids in the hot car.

Eight years in prison, and her children losing their mother.......because society wants to protect them......yet the bankers and wall street crooks never saw one day in jail as this country had ten trillion dollars stolen.....yep if only our judgment was consistent.

I'm not talking about the court's judment against the mother. I'm talking about the judgment used by the woman. Where in our society is it espoused that leaving your children (or pets) in a hot car is ok? The answer is it's not. The poor may always be with us, but being poor is not an excuse for not caring responsibly for her kids.

2seaoat

A child left in any car for any period of time carries a risk. At what point is that risk converted to the children being taken away from their parent and the parent being put in jail for eight years......to what end? Is my five minute drop a check of at the insurance office an eight year sentence because the temp was 90........or is 88 the threshold, or maybe it is six minutes in the car......or is there zero tolerance on a child being in the car. Until some people walk in the shoe's of desperation, they should perhaps not advocate that this police state make to hasty of judgments. My mother would still be in prison being a widow raising two boys.....but then again she was white, and the nanny state had not completely lost its fricking mind.......if the children were not harmed by the crime.....they certainly will be scarred the rest of their lives by the cure.......stupid is what stupid does.......

colaguy wrote:I don’t condemn her for wanting to get a job, to provide for her children.

Also, there are many “safety nets” already in place for a woman in her situation, provided for by local, state, and federal agencies. And, if her town is similar to Pensacola, there are numerous non-governmental entities, which are available to her.

Ok this is where the rubber meets the road and ignorance keeps marching on. There is NO and I repeat NO services available to babysit your children unless you can pay for it. You are very ill informed as to what is available to a woman in her situation. You can get subsidized childcare if you have a job but the waiting list is very long and depends on funds available.

2seaoat wrote:A child left in any car for any period of time carries a risk.   At what point is that risk converted to the children being taken away from their parent and the parent being put in jail for eight years......to what end?  Is my five minute drop a check of at the insurance office an eight year sentence because the temp was 90........or is 88 the threshold, or maybe it is six minutes in the car......or is there zero tolerance on a child being in the car.  Until some people walk in the shoe's of desperation, they should perhaps not advocate that this police state make to hasty of judgments.  My mother would still be in prison being a widow raising two boys.....but then again she was white, and the nanny state had not completely lost its fricking mind.......if the children were not harmed by the crime.....they certainly will be scarred the rest of their lives by the cure.......stupid is what stupid does.......

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPsFtWQQDu3yj_kA7tixwWptqjgqfjPlrjm864nn7sd7tnc3LeWQ

You're one of the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals who's always promoting more and more government solutions.

What's the matter is your bigger and better government agenda and solutions biting you in the a@@?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, I'm judging her, just like you judge forum members here that you don't personally know.    ANY time that babies that young are left in a car alone is TOO long!

2seaoat

Yes, I'm judging her, just like you judge forum members here that you don't personally know. ANY time that babies that young are left in a car alone is TOO long!

Then my daughter who is a SA, and my wife who was a teacher are criminals.....sorry this is over zealous prosecution of a black woman where our white lady going to a doc appointment who left the kids in the car right here in Pensacola never saw a day of jail and NEVER had her kids taken away.......systemic bias....nothing more or less. These woman who are deep in poverty and with children get very little help, and often extended family cannot provide the support.......alone and without resources they attempt to survive.......her poor judgment does not deserve an eight year prison sentence and loss of her children. The cure causes more damage than the poor judgment.....but it makes racist judgmental people happy because it reinforces a sense of superiority and belief that THOSE people are incapable of being good parents......scrape the surface and we are in the 1950s where hate and bigotry abound.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Whatever, Seaoat....you are one of the most judgmental people on this forum.

My standard is: don't leave babies in a car alone. Period. Not only because of the heat (although that is reason enough in Arizona) but because any number of other bad things could happen to them. I never left my babies alone in the car, not because I was such a good mother but because I am a worrier, by nature. And I also have the good sense that God gave me not to leave very young children in a car alone. Older kids left in the car for a couple of minutes--MAYBE OK-- depending on where, how long, and the situation. But babies --NO!

At the very very least, this woman is an unfit mother. As to how long she should spend in jail, I really don't know. Not sure about 8 years, but she should not have custody of her kids unless she's able to learn from her mistakes and improve on her parenting decisions. I don't know her and so I don't know if she's capable of learning and changing or not.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:You would have to tax that island 100%... or everyone left in utopiaville would starve to death.

Actually, things would continue on as they have for quite some time in utopiaville.  The economy would continue to expand.  Standards of living would continue to rise.  Every aspect of life would continue to improve as it has.

On the other hand, we don't really know what would happen on your island, do we?  There is no civilization in the history of humanity that has ever lived by your ideology that we could point to as an example of what to expect; and - oddly enough - words seem to fail you when you are tasked with filling in that gap for us.  I guess it would just be a blind leap of faith, wouldn't it?  It's OK, everyone, we will just have to take PkrBum's word for it. But don't worry, he has really thought this through - even though he can't give us even an inkling of what to expect.  Let's all jump!

But whatever your island would be like, it would still have to be better than a mere expanding economy, rising standards of living, and an overall improved quality of life that this BS "statist system" offers us, right?  Of course it would.  It just...like.. would...bra!

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You would have to tax that island 100%... or everyone left in utopiaville would starve to death.

Actually, things would continue on as they have for quite some time in utopiaville.  The economy would continue to expand.  Standards of living would continue to rise.  Every aspect of life would continue to improve as it has.

On the other hand, we don't really know what would happen on your island, do we?  There is no civilization in the history of humanity that has ever lived by your ideology that we could point to as an example of what to expect; and - oddly enough - words seem to fail you when you are tasked with filling in that gap for us.  I guess it would just be a blind leap of faith, wouldn't it?  It's OK, everyone, we will just have to take PkrBum's word for it. But don't worry, he has really thought this through - even though he can't give us even an inkling of what to expect.  Let's all jump!

But whatever your island would be like, it would still have to be better than a mere expanding economy, rising standards of living, and an overall improved quality of life that this BS "statist system" offers us, right?  Of course it would.  It just...like.. would...bra!

You're right to some degree... it would be scary for you. A system that relies on output and productivity can be harsh and unforgiving. To say that's never existed is patently false... it was predominately the system right here for almost a hundred years.

Certainly full of risk... and certainly abused by some and perverted by servitude... but the basic concept thrived.

Hard to imagine a society without an omnipotent govt commanding us now... it must bring you great comfort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum