Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

300000 Floridians lose their healthcare due to Obamacare

+7
dumpcare
2seaoat
Markle
Sal
cool1
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

dumpcare

cool1 wrote:No one is signing up-----Rolling Eyes    Do the math!  
Well people are trying to sign up.

ppaca wrote:Hold on here, yes those 300,000 are being dropped because of ACA, they are not compliant. Quite a few have always have them but the cheaper group plans will be gone.
same thing I said on the other thread, we agree again.

I have a nephew who is 22, works full time as a plumbers helper. he only makes $8, does not smoke. I put his numbers in the Kaiser calculator and it says he will have to pay over $100 a month. after the subsidy. can you do me a favor and run this, he lives in Callahan fl.

"The decision is not whether or not we will ration care - the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."

"Any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized and humane must, must redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and the less fortunate. Excellent health care is by definition redistributional."

Guess who said these things? All people had to do was listen to what they said to know the true intent.

Then when we see the results people will act surprised... then try to blame the right. I used to hope we would learn.

dumpcare

Household income in 2014:143% of poverty levelMaximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:3.57% Health Insurance premium in 2014 (for a silver plan, before tax credit):$2,911 per year You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:$2,325 per year
(which covers 80% of the overall premium) Amount you pay for the premium:$586 per year
(which equals 3.57% of your household income and covers 20% of the overall premium)

Just looked at some of the plans for that county and with a subsidy he would pay somewhere between $80-$150 per month depending on plan. But don't run it through until they have the site fixed completely, because somewhere there is a snafu.

To elaborate, it asks for 2014 income on subsidy app which if he worked 40 hours a week, 52 weeks he is in the $16,400 a year range. Well that is fine for the above subsidy,but somewhere in their background they are matching I think with 2012 tax return and this is where it come's back screwed up. But he could submit documentation after the fact, paycheck stubs I suppose to get the subsidy.

Oh let me add with his subsidy those quotes are lower than comparable plans of today that are medically underwritten. But again this does not happen in every case.

Last edited by ppaca on 10/23/2013, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
ppaca wrote:Hold on here, yes those 300,000 are being dropped because of ACA, they are not compliant.   Quite a few have always have them but the cheaper group plans will be gone.
same thing I said on the other thread, we agree again.

I have a nephew who is 22, works full time as a plumbers helper. he only makes $8, does not smoke. I put his numbers in the Kaiser calculator and it says he will have to pay over $100 a month. after the subsidy. can you do me a favor and run this, he lives in Callahan fl.
Out of curiosity, does he have health ins now and if so, what does it cost him now?

My point (and I know that you know this!) is that what Obama said over and over about being able to keep your health ins is not true for everyone. No matter how some of you want to make little of it--this was one of the main parts of his speeches for the last 3 years--that people could keep the insurance that they already have.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ppaca wrote:Hold on here, yes those 300,000 are being dropped because of ACA, they are not compliant. A few of them with Florida Blue have to be cancelled Dec 31 about 4 or 5 plans, then the majority of the rest are either July 1 or August 1st, 2014, if bought after 3/23/2010 or if you purchased before then and changed the plan in any way. So yes it is because of the law. Group plans that renewed at the latest 12/01/2013 if not compliant can keep that plan until 12/01/2014. Depending on what an insurance company is calling their plan year you better believe your plans will be compliant on or before 12/01/2014. So what you have for group, you will have groups changing depending on their renewal dates and have all compliant components. Quite a few have always have them but the cheaper group plans will be gone.
Thank you for you knowledgeable input on this because most people (including myself) don't really know what the heck is going on!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Non-compliant coverage is being canceled at which time people will be able to get better coverage, usually at less cost ...

... but the website is glitchy. 

You guys are heeeeelarious. 
Read ppaca's post.  The cheaper plans are gone.  Do you really think people are going to be able to get better coverage for less money?  Is that how things work in your world?

dumpcare

Well again neko that is a yes/no question to Sal, some can get coverage at a lot less and some can get coverage at a lot more. All plans have added benefits. But not all plans will fit everyone's needs. Confusing? Yes.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ppaca wrote:Well again neko that is a yes/no question to Sal, some can get coverage at a lot less and some can get coverage at a lot more. All plans have added benefits. But not all plans will fit everyone's needs. Confusing? Yes.
What I'm hearing is that if you have a pre-existing condition, you can probably get a more affordable plan under Obamacare than you could before. But if you are young and healthy and want basic coverage, you're most likely going to be paying more and probably for things you don't want or need.

Is this your take on it or not?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Well, that's not what Obama said. Over and over and over he said that if you like your plan, you can keep it.
When did Obama say that?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, that's not what Obama said. Over and over and over he said that if you like your plan, you can keep it.
When did Obama say that?
Did you read the first page of this thread?  I posted a link to a video and then Markle posted the video.  It's on Page 1.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Markle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E
Here it is, Boards.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
When did Obama say that?
Did you read the first page of this thread?  I posted a link to a video and then Markle posted the video.  It's on Page 1.
When, as in a point in time. A date.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
When did Obama say that?
When, as in a point in time.  A date.
The dates are on the video.
The first video starts with Obama saying:  "We will keep this promise to the American people.."

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:The dates are on the video.

OK. And when was the ACA signed into law?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:The dates are on the video.
OK.  And when was the ACA signed into law?
March 2010.

Did you see where Obama said:  We will keep this promise to the American people?  

I remember Pelosi saying that they had to pass the law before they knew what was in it.  But there is also Obama's promise to Americans.  What happened to that?  Is there some point where he made a big speech to America saying:  I am sorry that I am going to break my promise?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:March 2010.

And the plans that are having to be dropped in favor of new plans, they were purchased after what date?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:March 2010.
And the plans that are having to be dropped in favor of new plans, they were purchased after what date?
What date were all the plans that are being dropped purchased?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Neko...what color suit and tie did he have on when he made that statement?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:Neko...what color suit and tie did he have on  when he made that statement?
LOL.  He made the statement many, many times....I guess I could try and go find out what he was wearing every time he said it.  Razz 

Boards is trying to say that only those plans written since Obamacare passed are being dropped but I am doubtful that that is accurate.  As someone else noted (Markle, I think)--some companies are dropping spouses off plans, as well.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Boards is trying to say that only those plans written since Obamacare passed are being dropped but I am doubtful that that is accurate.
Ding Ding Ding!

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Boards is trying to say that only those plans written since Obamacare passed are being dropped but I am doubtful that that is accurate.
Ding Ding Ding!
Do you know this to be a fact?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Ding Ding Ding!
Do you know this to be a fact?
Well, do you agree that plans sold or existing prior to signing of the ACA are being grandfathered in?

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i-have-a-grandfathered-health-plan/

Nekochan

Nekochan

All of this is not to mention companies that are cutting hours for employees.

Nekochan

Nekochan

All of this is not to mention companies that are cutting hours for employees.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum