Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The State is about to rest

+6
Sal
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
bizguy
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1The State is about to rest Empty The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 9:38 am

2seaoat

The Defense may have their work cut out for them........The mother and brother of Martin made very good witnesses. " You had to hope that was your son screaming.......this is the only stumble I have seen the defense make in the whole trial.......some questions should not be asked......the defense is excellent.....but the word that he apologized which was quickly struck on objection, and I think Omara has stumbled for the first time in this case.

Her brief testimony was intentional because they did not want to open the door to school records and other negatives in the victim's life......very careful and excellent state and defense management of this case. This is as good as it gets.

2The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 9:43 am

What did they testify to?

3The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 9:46 am

2seaoat

They are not done and will be recalled......somebody lost the key to the evidence locker......they are waiting for a locksmith.........just like any of our days......something will always go wrong.

4The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 10:15 am

This is just more conflicting testimony. Neither one can testify it was their son. It's just not logical it was Treyvon.

5The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 10:18 am

2seaoat

Mom is done.......who was that on the tape.......Travon Martin.

6The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 10:28 am

2seaoat

It's just not logical it was Treyvon.

I disagree.........the closing arguments will make their arguments why it is logical or illogical............I do not believe a word that George Zimmerman has said. Zero.......I will wait for the closing argument but I have a very strong theory from the evidence I have been able to watch.....I have not seen 100% of the evidence.......I need to hear the Defense before I reach my final conclusion, but I believe the state has met their burden for either manslaughter or murder 2, and I await the Defense to attack the State's case.

7The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 11:27 am

2seaoat

abrasions on Martin's left hand........he was right handed.........I boxed.......95% of the time when I have been in a fight where my intent was to strike......I have lead with my right.......The state and their medical experts have done an excellent job........the abrasion was minor on his left hand................I do not believe a word that Zimmerman has said......but what I think does not matter.....what the jury thinks does matter.

8The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 11:56 am

bizguy

Medical Examiner seems a little nervous. Seems like someone in his department made an error when packaging the clothes for evidence.

9The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 11:56 am

2seaoat

Mr. West is having a time with the autopsy doctor.......the English language is important.

10The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 12:00 pm

bizguy

2seaoat wrote:Mr. West is having a time with the autopsy doctor.......the English language is important.

This appears to be a larger issue than language. It will be interesting to see what happens after lunch regarding his notes that he didn't want to share with the court.

11The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 12:15 pm

This medical examiner does not know how to testify in court.

12The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 12:17 pm

2seaoat

Medical Examiner seems a little nervous. Seems like someone in his department made an error when packaging the clothes for evidence.

I agree.  Experts have said that the clothing should have been stored in paper, not plastic.   I am not impressed by this doctor.   I would not put a great deal of weight on many of his opinions which are not obvious and certain.

I simply do not understand why our medical schools do not double enrollments. We need doctors. Fluency in English is important. I think this points to some real problems with artificially keeping our enrollments down.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 7/5/2013, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

13The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 12:21 pm

2seaoat wrote:It's just not logical it was Treyvon.

I disagree.........the closing arguments will make their arguments why it is logical or illogical............I do not believe a word that George Zimmerman has said.   Zero.......I will wait for the closing argument but I have a very strong theory from the evidence I have been able to watch.....I have not seen 100% of the evidence.......I need to hear the Defense before I reach my final conclusion, but I believe the state has met their burden for either manslaughter or murder 2, and I await the Defense to attack the State's case.

You have decided Zimmerman is a liar so anything the defense presents will not matter. You are ignoring the physical evidence of the injuries and testimony of the witnesses. What the defense or prosecution says is irrelevant. The prosecution is just speculating and the defense is going by what Zimmerman says.

14The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 12:23 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:

I disagree.........the closing arguments will make their arguments why it is logical or illogical............I do not believe a word that George Zimmerman has said.   Zero.......I will wait for the closing argument but I have a very strong theory from the evidence I have been able to watch.....I have not seen 100% of the evidence.......I need to hear the Defense before I reach my final conclusion, but I believe the state has met their burden for either manslaughter or murder 2, and I await the Defense to attack the State's case.

You have decided Zimmerman is a liar so anything the defense presents will not matter. You are ignoring the physical evidence of the injuries and testimony of the witnesses. What the defense or prosecution says is irrelevant. The prosecution is just speculating and the defense is going by what Zimmerman says.

he has lied multiple times..

15The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 1:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I missed the testimony this morning. But I'm watching now and I read up a little on what happened today.

The Medical Examiner is a nightmare witness for the prosecution.  He was reading from personal notes that were not admitted into evidence.  He also testified that he changed his opinion 3 weeks ago, without telling the prosecution, about how long Trayvon lived after Zimmerman shot him. And he said that putting evidence in plastic bags (as another prosecution witness testified to) was a firable offense.

This is a terrible witness for the prosecution to close their case with.

I agree, biz, this is much more than an issue with the English language.

16The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 1:55 pm

2seaoat

This is a terrible witness for the prosecution to close their case with.

I do not agree.........he is a terrible witness. He is a nightmare for Mr. West. First, did you hear his testimony that the shot could have been from three or four feet away.....Did you hear the testimony that he could have lived up to 10 minutes........bleeding.................no physical evidence on Zimmerman's jacket........wow.......the witness may be a goof......but the evidence is powerful......Zimmerman is a liar........does anybody have any reasonable doubt about the same?

17The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 1:57 pm

Lurch wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

he has lied multiple times..

What lies has he told?

18The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 1:58 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I've only been watching since they got back from lunch.

Now the ME says that he also changed his mind on the effects of marijuana in Trayvon's system.

Maybe if he was given another couple of weeks, he'd change his mind about how far Zimmerman was from Trayvon when the shot was fired.

He is a terrible witness.

19The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:02 pm

2seaoat wrote:This is a terrible witness for the prosecution to close their case with.

I do not agree.........he is a terrible witness.   He is a nightmare for Mr. West.   First, did you hear his testimony that the shot could have been from three or four feet away.....Did you hear the testimony that he could have lived up to 10 minutes........bleeding.................no physical evidence on Zimmerman's jacket........wow.......the witness may be a goof......but the evidence is powerful......Zimmerman is a liar........does anybody have any reasonable doubt about the same?

I didn't hear him say that but if he did he's a crackpot. He's not a ballistics expert. The ballistics report has already said it was at close range.

20The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:04 pm

Nekochan wrote:I've only been watching since they got back from lunch.

Now the ME says that he also changed his mind on the effects of marijuana in Trayvon's system.

Maybe if he was given another couple of weeks, he'd change his mind about how far Zimmerman was from Trayvon when the shot was fired.

He is a terrible witness.

He is a terrible witness. For him to say he changed his mind and not tell the prosecution is not believable and/or he is not a very good ME.

21The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:05 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

The ME is a train wreck. When the defense gets him to say that he's changed his mind on several key points, then how can his testimony on anything be relied on?

22The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:07 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

The jury isn't listening to all of this.

23The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:08 pm

Nekochan wrote:The ME is a train wreck.  When the defense gets him to say that he's changed his mind on several key points, then how can his testimony on anything be relied on?  

It can't be relied on. When he started reciting his narrative that Martin suffered I thought what a nut! Nobody even asked him that. You just can't start offering testimony not asked.

24The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:08 pm

2seaoat

He is a goof.......but he has given an opinion that this was not point blank......he has given an opinion on how long Martin lived......he is easy to impeach....the language and the not my job routine does nothing to hurt the state's case.......as to the Marijuana in the blood, there was a motion in Liminie which restricted this evidence.....it was more prejudicial than probative.......this would be similar to a rape victim having a blood test showing they had an active VD infection.....this may be a fact, but its prejudicial impact far outweigh its probative value.......the judge is ruling exactly as the law dictates.....but west is dangerously close to intentionally forcing a motion for mistrial.....he has been repeatedly instructed....yet he continually is talking about the toxicology report......way....way....way out of line.....where the hell is Omara...........West is a nightmare for the defense.

25The State is about to rest Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:09 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hell they could have called me and saved a fortune... Bailiff release the defendant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum