Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Look at these maps, migration from state to state, cool graphics

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

If you scroll down you can find all the states and see the migration patterns into each state over the last century. I thought it was pretty neat how they did the graphics.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/upshot/where-people-in-each-state-were-born.html?abt=0002&abg=1

2seaoat

I would love to give my impression on what this data indicates.....but I would really pisz a great many people off......but if you look at the trends, you can really see some startling patterns. This of course has a political and educational component, but I am going to leave sleeping dogs lie.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I would love to give my impression on what this data indicates.....but I would really pisz a great many people off......but if you look at the trends, you can really see some startling patterns.  This of course has a political and educational component, but I am going to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Yes, the maps only go up to 2000 I think. It would be interesting to see what's happened up 'til now. People are self sorting, following jobs and lifestyles. Go ahead, wake up the dog, it will be fun.

2seaoat

Where there is no diversity from other regions or people born outside the United States in a particular state, you see a tendency for xenophobic behavior. It is crystal clear from the data.

2seaoat

Where a homogenous population of ethnic and religion have lived together for two centuries, there is a strong xenophobic reaction to anybody who looks different. Where states are having people from all over the world migrate to those states, and those immigration states spill over into other states, those states tend to be more diverse in population and political beliefs. Sadly, anybody from Texas fits my hypothesis.

Just trying to help... I'm the guy that yells amen from the back of the church.

2seaoat

Just trying to help... I'm the guy that yells amen from the back of the church.

I am the guy sleeping in the second to last row.......Everybody knows not to sit in the last row.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum