Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The State is about to rest

+6
Sal
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
bizguy
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:13 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I personally do not like West. I didn't like that stupid knock knock joke he started out with and I just don't like his demeanor.

But I don't know how you can see anything positive about that ME, based on what I've seen today. Like I said, I've only been watching for about the past hour...but he is horrible.

27The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:13 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Not mentioned here is a fact from HLN...that Zimmerman claims Martin attacked him immediately after he hung up the call to dispatch. Phone records indicate that Martin was on his phone a full 2 minutes after the dispatch call ended.

28The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:31 pm

2seaoat

Not mentioned here is a fact from HLN...that Zimmerman claims Martin attacked him immediately after he hung up the call to dispatch. Phone records indicate that Martin was on his phone a full 2 minutes after the dispatch call ended.

Zimmerman is a liar......he is going to get convicted of manslaughter if they do not consider putting him on the stand......Omara will never put him on the stand.....West probably would.......The state has to put all the evidence in......they take the witnesses which handled the body.........The defense needs to call the lab assistants.....they need to really close the deal....or they look desperate trying to explain the absence of dna on the hands of Martin or under his fingernails......the most powerful testimony which the state has very cleverly avoided was it was the LEFT hand which had minor abrasions on the hand........WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE THE INCIDENT......now he just said REAL SELF DEFENSE....about another case which implicates he does not believe that Zimmerman's case was REAL self defense........West is single handed screwed this case up....this witness is a goof why he is not bringing in his own experts to tear this person up.....I am stunned what he just said.....REAL SELF DEFENSE..........the prosecutors are smiling.

29The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:39 pm

2seaoat

Knock Knock......who is there.....a defense attorney who has lost his poise, and allowed a goofy witness to fluster him beyond reproach.........and completely in his zealous attack dog mode makes the defense look desperate.....OMARA pull this clown with the hook.....his impression with the jury is desperation. This goofy witness is dominating him......I would like to think this is a clever strategy.....it is not.....he is a goof, and West is right next to him.

30The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:42 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know, Seaoat, West just got the ME to say he remembers nothing about the autopsy and that he didn't take pictures of the entire body.

You are a lot more confident than I am that the State has made its case.

31The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:44 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Knock Knock......who is there.....a defense attorney who has lost his poise, and allowed a goofy witness to fluster him beyond reproach.........and completely in his zealous attack dog mode makes the defense look desperate.....OMARA pull this clown with the hook.....his impression with the jury is desperation.  This goofy witness is dominating him......I would like to think this is a clever strategy.....it is not.....he is a goof, and West is right next to him.

I disagree that West has lost his poise.  I think he's asking that ME some good questions.
I still don't like him and I didn't like the knock knock joke.   But he is not flustered as far as I can see.   I don't know where you're getting that.

32The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:54 pm

2seaoat

I don't know where you're getting that.

When the judge did not let him approach, and asked him for the third time to ask the question he took the papers in his hand and struck the podium in frustration..........this was a difficult witness.....notice how easily the state can ask questions and get responses.......sorry Omara better take control of this sinking ship.........West is a liability....Omara has been excellent getting the testimony he wanted.....West is far too aggressive.

33The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 2:56 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote: I don't know where you're getting that.

When the judge did not let him approach, and asked him for the third time to ask the question he took the papers in his hand and struck the podium in frustration..........this was a difficult witness.....notice how easily the state can ask questions and get responses.......sorry Omara better take control of this sinking ship.........West is a liability....Omara has been excellent getting the testimony he wanted.....West is far too aggressive.

I must have missed it.

West is asking good questions. I do not believe that the defense has a sinking ship. They haven't even produced their own evidence yet.

34The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:02 pm

2seaoat

West is asking good questions. I do not believe that the defense has a sinking ship. They haven't even produced their own evidence yet.

Then explain to me the flailing around this afternoon to try to make the fingernail collection the central focus. I think this is a huge HUGE tactical error. You play with this witness enough to show he is a goof. You then in your case introduce witnesses, including the actual lab tech which they can subpoena and show that collections are sloppy. The problem is that this is in the state's case in chief......they look like a bass hooked and flopping around......terrible terrible error.

Omara could have completly raised reasonable doubt that it was not the fact DNA was not found....but sloppy techniques......should have been done in the Defense case with your witnesses.......today is the first day I have seen very poor and unnecessary questions on the part of the defense.

35The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:12 pm

2seaoat wrote:Not mentioned here is a fact from HLN...that Zimmerman claims Martin attacked him immediately after he hung up the call to dispatch. Phone records indicate that Martin was on his phone a full 2 minutes after the dispatch call ended.

Zimmerman is a liar......he is going to get convicted of manslaughter if they do not consider putting him on the stand......Omara will never put him on the stand.....West probably would.......The state has to put all the evidence in......they take the witnesses which handled the body.........The defense needs to call the lab assistants.....they need to really close the deal....or they look desperate trying to explain the absence of dna on the hands of Martin or under his fingernails......the most powerful testimony which the state has very cleverly avoided was it was the LEFT hand which had minor abrasions on the hand........WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE THE INCIDENT......now he just said REAL SELF DEFENSE....about another case which implicates he does not believe that Zimmerman's case was REAL self defense........West is single handed screwed this case up....this witness is a goof why he is not bringing in his own experts to tear this person up.....I am stunned what he just said.....REAL SELF DEFENSE..........the prosecutors are smiling.

No, Zimmerman did not claim Martin attacked him right after he hung up. That's false. You have bad info. Zimmerman said he was walking around the get the address. Zimmerman was in his car when he called.

36The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:13 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:West is asking good questions. I do not believe that the defense has a sinking ship. They haven't even produced their own evidence yet.

Then explain to me the flailing around this afternoon to try to make the fingernail collection  the central focus.   I think this is a huge HUGE tactical error.   You play with this witness enough to show he is a goof.   You then in your case introduce witnesses, including the actual lab tech which they can subpoena and show that collections are sloppy.   The problem is that this is in the state's case in chief......they look like a bass hooked and flopping around......terrible terrible error.  

Omara could have completly raised reasonable doubt that it was not the fact DNA was not found....but sloppy techniques......should have been done in the Defense case with your witnesses.......today is the first day I have seen very poor and unnecessary questions on the part of the defense.

I disagree. The fingernail testimony is important. Also, the judge is getting aggravated with the ME.

37The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:15 pm

2seaoat wrote:West is asking good questions. I do not believe that the defense has a sinking ship. They haven't even produced their own evidence yet.

Then explain to me the flailing around this afternoon to try to make the fingernail collection  the central focus.   I think this is a huge HUGE tactical error.   You play with this witness enough to show he is a goof.   You then in your case introduce witnesses, including the actual lab tech which they can subpoena and show that collections are sloppy.   The problem is that this is in the state's case in chief......they look like a bass hooked and flopping around......terrible terrible error.  

Are you crazy? Why do you think West is asking the questions about the fingernails? The ME didn't supervise this and has no clue if they even did it which could mean why there was no fingernail DNA.

38The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:16 pm

Nekochan wrote:

I disagree. The fingernail testimony is important. Also, the judge is getting aggravated with the ME.

I agree. The ME's office apparently did a poor job w/ the fingernail DNA.

39The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:17 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

Are you crazy? Why do you think West is asking the questions about the fingernails? The ME didn't supervise this and has no clue if they even did it which could mean why there was no fingernail DNA.

I think so too.  He kept saying it wasn't his job to do those things, but then didn't he say that he is the supervisor of the people who do those things?  I think it was important information.

40The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:18 pm

2seaoat

No, Zimmerman did not claim Martin attacked him right after he hung up. That's false. You have bad info. Zimmerman said he was walking around the get the address. Zimmerman was in his car when he called.

So you have hook line and sinker in Mr. Zimmerman's story.......I do not know where Tex got the information she posted.........but it should be very interesting when the state connects the time line.....very interesting......but I do know from beginning to end was around two minutes........Zimmerman is liar..........once twice.....three......four......at what point are you going to realize the same.

41The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:21 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I honestly don't know about the timeline thing of what call was started and what call was ended at what time.   I am sure the prosecution will make a point of that if it's against Zimmerman's claims.

But from what I have seen (and I haven't seen everything in the trial, but a lot of it)  I do not think there is enough evidence presented for a conviction.

42The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:25 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

Not mentioned here is a fact from HLN...that Zimmerman claims Martin attacked him immediately after he hung up the call to dispatch.  Phone records indicate that Martin was on his phone a full 2 minutes after the dispatch call ended.

Zimmerman never claimed that.

43The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:30 pm

2seaoat wrote:No, Zimmerman did not claim Martin attacked him right after he hung up. That's false. You have bad info. Zimmerman said he was walking around the get the address. Zimmerman was in his car when he called.

So you have hook line and sinker in Mr. Zimmerman's story.......I do not know where Tex got the information she posted.........but it should be very interesting when the state connects the time line.....very interesting......but I do know from beginning to end was around two minutes........Zimmerman is liar..........once twice.....three......four......at what point are you going to realize the same.

Zimmerman never claimed that. He came around the corner and the attack began sometime after that. You are posting erroneous info. You have no clue Zimmerman is lying. The physical evidence of the attack proves you wrong.

44The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:31 pm

2seaoat

Why do you think West is asking the questions about the fingernails? The ME didn't supervise this and has no clue if they even did it which could mean why there was no fingernail DNA.

You simply do not understand the best evidence rule. The state did not call the lab assistant. It was brilliant. The Defense has spent all their time focusing that not one scintilla of DNA was under the fingernails of a person putting his hands over a mouth full of saliva, and grabbing Zimmerman's head and repeatedly beating his head into the sidewalk........why would not wait until your case to calmly show that the absence of DNA was not unusual.........sorry the person who did the dna analysis was a very very good witness. To argue with the person who did not collect the evidence made the defense look desperate....that their case hinges on this DNA under the fingernails......wrong approach. Impeachment would be a walk in the park with a good expert. Calling the Lab assistant would give the best evidence and would allow for much calmer and directed criticism......This day has been the only day in this trial where I have seen the defense fail so miserably.......they lost their poise. The ME is a goof......to allow him to say......REAL SELF DEFENSE....talking about a case three weeks ago opened the door for the jury to hear that basically this case is a pretend self defense.....which actually the evidence has shown......but to be sparring with this goof......totally a strategic breakdown, and I wonder if the entire day was a dilatory tactic by the defense to hold off the state close until Monday......none of this made a lick of sense to me today......the defense is in trouble.

45The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:31 pm

Nekochan wrote:I honestly don't know about the timeline thing of what call was started and what call was ended at what time.   I am sure the prosecution will make a point of that if it's against Zimmerman's claims.

But from what I have seen (and I haven't seen everything in the trial, but a lot of it)  I do not think there is enough evidence presented for a conviction.

No, there is still no evidence to dispute what Zimmerman said.

46The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:37 pm

2seaoat wrote:Why do you think West is asking the questions about the fingernails? The ME didn't supervise this and has no clue if they even did it which could mean why there was no fingernail DNA.

You simply do not understand the best evidence rule.    The state did not call the lab assistant.   It was brilliant.   The Defense has spent all their time focusing that not one scintilla of DNA was under the fingernails of a person putting his hands over a mouth full of saliva, and grabbing Zimmerman's head and repeatedly beating his head into the sidewalk........why would not wait until your case to calmly show that the absence of DNA was not unusual.........sorry the person who did the dna analysis was a very very good witness.    To argue with the person who did not collect the evidence made the defense look desperate....that their case hinges on this DNA under the fingernails......wrong approach.  Impeachment would be a walk in the park with a good expert.  Calling the Lab assistant would give the best evidence and would allow for much calmer and directed criticism......This day has been the only day in this trial where I have seen the defense fail so miserably.......they lost their poise.   The ME is a goof......to allow him to say......REAL SELF DEFENSE....talking about a case three weeks ago opened the door for the jury to hear that basically this case is a pretend self defense.....which actually the evidence has shown......but to be sparring with this goof......totally a strategic breakdown, and I wonder if the entire day was a dilatory tactic by the defense to hold off the state close until Monday......none of this made a lick of sense to me today......the defense is in trouble.

I think your utterly way out in left field to keep ignoring Zimmerman's injuries. Anyone w/ common sense can see his head was banged on the concrete and his nose was flattened. To try and use this DNA stuff to try and negate the physical evidence is beyond absurd.

47The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:47 pm

2seaoat

No, there is still no evidence to dispute what Zimmerman said.

I do not believe you have been paying attention since the trial, and I will not argue. If what you have said is true.....the Judge as a matter of law must grant the motion for directed verdict. The judge could care less about the media or what Sharpton thinks....if what you have said is correct.....she must grant the directed verdict.

48The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 3:57 pm

2seaoat

see his head was banged on the concrete and his nose was flattened.

Sorry. The only witness other than Zimmerman and the dead man said he did not see anybody banging a head into the concrete.....he was clear....he only saw tussling. None of the physical evidence shows a serious injury which would be suggested by repeated beating into a concrete sidewalk. The expert was very clear....this was minor superficial injuries.......Now the Defense may get an expert who may back up your thin air claim.....thin air being anything that comes out of the proven liars mouth.

The state just got their timeline admitted into evidence......oh boy....cannot wait for argument......they nailed the timeline......grinding scoring......when all reports are that this jury is taking notes......they will fill their notes into the timeline........magic.

49The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 4:05 pm

2seaoat

Omara is making a very good argument on the ill will on second degree and has quoted good case law......this should be interesting.

50The State is about to rest - Page 2 Empty Re: The State is about to rest 7/5/2013, 4:55 pm

Sal

Sal

Whoever that lawyer is who presented the prosecution's side crushed it.

Zimmo is a liar.

The jury will decide if he's also a murderer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum