Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

USA Today: Florida State gives way to 'Jameis State'

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/15/florida-state-jameis-winston-jimbo-fisher-autographs/17322575/

The article opens with this:

The embarrassment continues unabated at Florida State, a school that has put the need to win football games above all else, including an alleged rape, a Title IX violation and, pending an investigation, an NCAA rule that some schools still actually follow.

The amazingly still-eligible Jameis Winston is preparing for the big Notre Dame game Saturday as if all of that — as well as stealing crab legs from a Publix and soda from a Burger King, firing a BB gun at his apartment complex and making a spectacle of himself yelling a vulgar phrase while standing on a table in the student union — never happened.

It must be so much fun to be a Florida State fan right now, living inside that morality-free bubble that fits so snugly over the campus in Tallahassee.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Z...you sound like a UF fan.

I'm an fsu fan... and I'm embarrassed for the university.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:Z...you sound like a UF fan.

I think you and a couple of others who post here might be living in that 'morality free bubble' the author talked about.  pirat

Oh well, there are so many good games on Saturday evening that I will be doing lots of channel Flipping--It is a big night for the SEC again. I will also be paying close attention to ABC....especially if Notre Dame gains the upper hand.

Good luck to you 'Noles fans; expect to get a brace of teasing whether your team wins or loses Saturday.
Twisted Evil

If they had handled previous incidents firmly they would have likely done the him a favor.

Kids need direction and discipline. (hint hint... progressives)

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bobby Bowden on Winston:

Jameis has got to grow up. He does things that kids in grammar school would do, or kids in junior high would do, you know it? I think once he draws the line, and says 'I'm not going to step below this another time,' I think he can do that. But if he don't, he's going to make it mighty tough on himself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2235349-bobby-bowden-discusses-jameis-winstons-draft-stock

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I agree with your comments....Jameis is not handling notoriety well. He can not do what others do.

But....it is amazing the breaking stories that come out prior to a big game.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Big game?  They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets. Neither team has any business being in the top 10. FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Big game?  They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets.  Neither team has any business being in the top 10.  FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Really?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Big game?  They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets.  Neither team has any business being in the top 10.  FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Really?

Quote me on this.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

At least they are playing a ranked team this week.....

But PaceDog thinks the SEC is too easy a conference to play in.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And we have 10 freshman starters.

2seaoat

4 ND starters have returned this week. It shows.

2seaoat

I have historically disliked EVERYTHING about ND, but strangely I find myself cheering for them tonight. FS has no defense. To say this team is better than four SEC teams is way off. They are an illusion waiting to pop.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have historically disliked EVERYTHING about ND, but strangely I find myself cheering for them tonight.   FS has no defense.   To say this team is better than four SEC teams is way off.  They are an illusion waiting to pop.

Our offensive line was horrible in the first half.....and a little better in the second.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet. I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said. They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west. This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent. That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet.  I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said.  They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west.  This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent.  That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.  

What you said was....
 "They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful."

Four of the ND starters were back in the game on Saturday. ND was not awful....and it was a big game.

FSU is not the same team as last year....we have 10 freshmen starters...still in the learning phase. Jameis had a tough time playing with our weak offensive line. Our team will get better.

Sal

Sal

I've been really unimpressed with ND all season.

I thought they looked a little bit better than expected against FSU, but they're not a very good team.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet.  I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said.  They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west.  This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent.  That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.  

What you said was....
 "They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful."

Yes. A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

What you said was....

Yes.  A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

LOL......twist it Boards.  You are still ignoring what you said about the FSU/ND game.  ND offense was far from being anemic and they certainly were not an awful team. Like I said and you denied....a big game for us.

Corey Robinson of ND will have an NFL future. Very impressive player.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

What you said was....

Yes.  A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

LOL......twist it Boards.  You are still ignoring what you said about the FSU/ND game.  ND offense was far from being anemic and they certainly were not an awful team. Like I said and you denied....a big game for us.

Corey Robinson of ND will have an NFL future. Very impressive player.

I'm not ignoring or twisting anything.  The game was inconsequential.  Neither ND nor FSU are in the same universe as the top 4 in the SEC west.  Neither ND nor FSU stand a chance in a 4 team playoff.  This was true before the game and my comment, and it is still true now.

2seaoat

Neither ND nor FSU stand a chance in a 4 team playoff.

agree

Disagree... Nd is overrated every year... and fsu is certainly not as good a last year... but fsu w jameis has a chance.

The kid is a winner on the field... not so much in life it would appear.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In other news, I just read an article at BleacherReport.com which says UF athletic Director Jeremy Foley will likely hold off on firing head football coach Will Muschamp until after the Florida State game next month.

I guess the next big question would be who might replace him?

As far as FSU goes, the Thursday night game at Louisville next week will be awesomely big. If Louisville can't upset the 'Noles, perhaps Miami will when they play there. Following all of that, Will Muschamp might just save his job if he can deliver a miracle upset in Tallahassee on November 29th. It's been done before.... UF's shitty QB (Jeff Driskel) would have to have an A+++ day to do it, however.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum