Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think of the Supreme Court's decision re the Affordable Care Act?

+11
gulfbeachbandit
RealLindaL
Slicef18
Nekochan
Floridatexan
Markle
polecat
Sal
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
othershoe1030
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Admin

Admin

And where has alecto ran off to?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com

Admin wrote:And where has alecto ran off to?

Sorry some people have to work to pay for your healthcare. I have posted links that talk about the new taxes which you apparently want to ignore or you just do not comprehend what is in those links. So here is another link for you to ignore so you can come back and ask "The question is how is this the largest tax increase in American history?"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/29/Seven-new-taxes

The reality is when you put more people into a system you have to pay for it, to pay for it you have to raise taxes. If I do not buy insurance I will have a extra $2085 added to my taxes at the end of the year. I don't know what planet you live on but I have never had a tax increase like that before. Have you? Now keep in mind when the government argued there case before the supreme court it was all about interstate commerce but the supreme court saw it for what it was, a TAX.

Slicef18

Slicef18

wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
wild_thing wrote:EVERYONE IS FUCKED!

THIS WILL STIFLE JOB GROWTH IN THE LARGEST ECONOMY WE HAVE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY, HEALTHCARE.

STRAGELATION IS UPON US.

PRICES WILL INCREASE.

REGULATION WILL STRAGLE US

LINES WILL BE LONG

AND PEOPLE WILL DIE

I say this not as a republican, but as a healthcare professional.

personally im gonna laugh my ass off when the mandate kicks in Twisted Evil

SUCKERS!

You may be in healthcare, but you surely are no professional. More likely someone from housekeeping or grounds keeping given your grammar, spelling and sentence structure.

look you dippity dew hair fella, I dont come here to write a publication for you. This is my spare time.

My guess is you are at the top of the list of needless people on the planet by this new world order.

Thanks for the laugh my friend. It's always good to see someone with your level of incompetence and brevity of thought come here and attempt to convince others they are something they're not. One usually must go to a pool hall or a NASCAR pit crew area to see such a display of grunting joy. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that at the end of the work day you take a 2 quart bottle of warm SPRITE, shake it well, then jump on the coffee table and spray it around in a VICTORY of nothing.

Slicef18

Slicef18

alecto wrote:

Sorry some people have to work to pay for your healthcare. I have posted links that talk about the new taxes which you apparently want to ignore or you just do not comprehend what is in those links. So here is another link for you to ignore so you can come back and ask "The question is how is this the largest tax increase in American history?"

The reality is when you put more people into a system you have to pay for it, to pay for it you have to raise taxes. If I do not buy insurance I will have a extra $2085 added to my taxes at the end of the year. I don't know what planet you live on but I have never had a tax increase like that before. Have you? Now keep in mind when the government argued there case before the supreme court it was all about interstate commerce but the supreme court saw it for what it was, a TAX.

More people are not being put into the system. These people are already in the system as they now go to the E.R. for healthcare and they pay nothing.
Under Obama's plan they will be forced to go the a Dr.s office or a clinic. which has a fraction of the cost of an E.R. visit.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
ghandi wrote:Unemployment will reach 10% again. Soon. Employers don't want to deal with it. Thats why republicans were against it. We want to create jobs.

Everyone wants to create jobs. That is a feel good statement. In the meantime there the 900 pound gorilla in the room and his name is "healthcare." We have more and more people showing up at the E.R.'s getting healthcare in the most expensive manner, and then not paying for any of it. The good news is their healthcare "is" being paid for. The bad news is, it's you and I who are paying their bill. Under the Obama plan that is going to stop. This is but one of the reasons America is 16th in the world for quality of it's healthcare. That wouldn't be all that bad if America's healthcare costs were 16th in the world. But it's not. We pay more than any other nation for healthcare that is only 16th. In the tight economy of today, that and our military budget is killing our economy.

President Barack Hussein Obama has proven that he does NOT want to create jobs but rather put more people on the government dole.

What does the cost of health care have to do with unemployment? Was our health care cost not the highest in the world when we had unemployment less than 4.5%?

You have posted the false information that the quality of our health care is 16th in the world but refuse to reveal your source and a link. Why?

With 4.5% unemployment, did we have a drastically lower military budget? How is our military budget hurting the economy?

We have about 1.4 million on active military duty. If we cut that by 20%, how would that help our defense and where would those 280,000 people go to work? Or are you in accordance with President Obama and they should go on welfare, subsidized housing and food stamps?

You have posted the false information that the quality of our health care is 16th in the world but refuse to reveal your source and a link. Why?[i]

I already answered that question. Nice try.

Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

More people are not being put into the system. These people are already in the system as they now go to the E.R. for healthcare and they pay nothing.
Under Obama's plan they will be forced to go the a Dr.s office or a clinic. which has a fraction of the cost of an E.R. visit.

no they wont. do you honestly think that chronic ER abusers will stop going to the ER LOL

and that there will even be enough docs for all this LOL

say what you will about my post. This law upsets me, it will and already is making my life harder.

so therefore im pissed and I have discusse dhti stopic with all here till im blue in the face, go look at the older healthcare law topics on this forum, you will see.

and you will see how this works out to, or maybe you wont. fact of the matter is, anyone who has a smigin of understanding what this bill means to healthcare and to the country know its a bad deal. but the left can spin it anyway.

now go play with your dippity dew, I think I saw a hair out of place on your head.

Slicef18

Slicef18

wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

no they wont. do you honestly think that chronic ER abusers will stop going to the ER LOL

say what you will about my post. This law upsets me, it will and already is making my life harder.

so therefore im pissed and I have discusse dhti stopic with all here till im blue in the face, go look at the older healthcare law topics on this forum, you will see.

and you will see how this works out to, or maybe you wont. fact of the matter is, anyone who has a smigin of understanding what this bill means to healthcare and to the country know its a bad deal. but the left can spin it anyway.

now go play with your dippity dew, I think I saw a hair out of place on your head.

Your vision is as poor as your understanding of the world of healthcare and use of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

1st. There is no hair out of place.
2nd. You're not only lacking knowledge in healthcare, you obviously don't even know where to go for informed information. Ya see Einstein, Hospitals are already implementing measures to keep the runny nose E.R. abuser out of the E.R. environment. It goes like this Einstein, The runny nosed E.R. abuser shows up at the E.R. where they are met by a "triage" nurse (oops, my bad, using a word you never heard of, "triage." Triage means the determination of priorities for action.) The triage nurse tells the runny nosed patient, "you don't meet criteria to be an E.R. patient. Go through the door marked "Outpatient Clinic" and you'll be taken care of. The runny nose patient is then seen by a P.A. or Nurse Practitioner who orders test and treatments (which will be done in the order of need, not immediately as with the E.R. patient). The cost of caring for the runny nosed patient in the "Outpatient Clinic" is a fraction of the cost of treating this same patient in the E.R. The P.A. or Nurse Practitioner always have access to a physician if needed. I realize Einstein, much of what I explained went over your head, and you'd probably rather live in your ignorance and bias. But that is how America is going to get The E.R. abuser out of the E.R. And what about the fact the runny nosed patient isn't going to pay this Outpatient Clinic bill either. Sure it's a loss, but it's a loss of hundreds of dollars not thousands of dollars.

Slicef18 wrote:
wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

Your vision is as poor as your understanding of the world of healthcare and use of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

2nd. You're not only lacking knowledge in healthcare, you obviously don't even know where to go for informed information. Ya see Einstein, Hospitals are already implementing measures to keep the runny nose E.R. abuser out of the E.R. environment. It goes like this Einstein, The runny nosed E.R. abuser shows up at the E.R. where they are met by a "triage" nurse (oops, my bad, using a word you never heard of, "triage." Triage means the determination of priorities for action.) The triage nurse tells the runny nosed patient, "you don't meet criteria to be an E.R. patient. Go through the door marked "Outpatient Clinic" and you'll be taken care of. The runny nose patient is then seen by a P.A. or Nurse Practitioner who orders test and treatments (which will be done in the order of need, not immediately as with the E.R. patient). The cost of caring for the runny nosed patient in the "Outpatient Clinic" is a fraction of the cost of treating this same patient in the E.R. The P.A. or Nurse Practitioner always have access to a physician if needed. I realize Einstein, much of what I explained went over your head, and you'd probably rather live in your ignorance and bias. But that is how America is going to get The E.R. abuser out of the E.R. And what about the fact the runny nosed patient isn't going to pay this Outpatient Clinic bill either. Sure it's a loss, but it's a loss of hundreds of dollars not thousands of dollars.

I realize my reaction to this news was loud and included obcene word usage. but it deserves obcenities.

and as far as my reaction goes, Im upset because I DO KNOW what this bill means for healthcare.

and you are wrong if you think patients who abuse the ER are going to be directed to out patient clinic LOL its already been tried.

this bill has is NOT going to create more out patient clinics either. Matter of a fact with some of the laws already implimented back from 2010 when this BILL passed. They the Gov started targeting out patinet clinics for over use of billing pratices.

This bill is NOT going to adress access on a real platform other than increasing the Gov tit. It will limit care which IS what this bill wants to do in the first place.

I veiw this bill as a attack on healthcare.

if you work in a private GI lab, you obviously dont handle compliance or you would know the attack healthcare has been under since this bill took effect.

I beleive you say your a doctor, and if you are. you're one of the stupidest doctors ive ever seen when it comes to Gov managed healthcare.

Slicef18 wrote:

You will always have a segment our society that will pay absolutely nothing, that will not buy insurance from the exchanges, that are to poor. These people will still be using the ER's as doctors offices. You still have the problem of the 20+ million illegal immigrants who will still use the ER.

Slicef18

Slicef18

chrissy8 wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

I realize my reaction to this news was loud and included obcene word usage. but it deserves obcenities.

and as far as my reaction goes, Im upset because I DO KNOW what this bill means for healthcare.

and you are wrong if you think patients who abuse the ER are going to be directed to out patient clinic LOL its already been tried.

this bill has is NOT going to create more out patient clinics either. Matter of a fact with some of the laws already implimented back from 2010 when this BILL passed. They the Gov started targeting out patinet clinics for over use of billing pratices.

This bill is NOT going to adress access on a real platform other than increasing the Gov tit. It will limit care which IS what this bill wants to do in the first place.

if you work in a private GI lab, you obviously dont handle compliance or you would know the attack healthcare has been under since this bill took effect.

I beleive you say your a doctor, and if you are. you're one of the stupidest doctors ive ever seen when it comes to Gov managed healthcare.

Well, Aside from your adolescent name calling it's easy to see you're talking about something you know nothing about. Example:"you are wrong if you think patients who abuse the ER are going to be directed to out patient clinic". You sir are wrong. It is being done with great success and has been for over half a year. Yes, there have been some hospitals who have tried to implement the alternative to E.R. patient care and didn't have complete success. That is because they didn't put in all the components necessary for success. But the word is getting around as to how the set up a successful E.R./ Outpatient system. BWT, drop the name calling. It takes away some credibility from the message you're trying get across.

Slicef18

Slicef18

alecto wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

You will always have a segment our society that will pay absolutely nothing, that will not buy insurance from the exchanges, that are to poor. These people will still be using the ER's as doctors offices. You still have the problem of the 20+ million illegal immigrants who will still use the ER.

You are wrong sir. When these runny nosed patients realize they are not going to be seen in the E.R. but will be seen in the Outpatient Clinic. the word will get around.

Slicef18

Slicef18

chrissy8 wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

You say, "I veiw this bill as a attack on healthcare.

if you work in a private GI lab, you obviously dont handle compliance or you would know the attack healthcare has been under since this bill took effect."

The truth is healthcare has been under attack since it became law in 1965 when Medicare was initiated. FDR's Social Security was met with the same dire predictions and proclamations.

Slicef18 wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
wild_thing wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:

You say, "I veiw this bill as a attack on healthcare.

if you work in a private GI lab, you obviously dont handle compliance or you would know the attack healthcare has been under since this bill took effect."

The truth is healthcare has been under attack since it became law in 1965 when Medicare was initiated. FDR's Social Security was met with the same dire predictions and proclamations.

You can't argue w/ someone who is a stupid as this woman is.She just said on another thread "now the IRS will know your families income". Unfrigginbelieveable!
income".Unbelieveable!

Dreamsglore wrote:
You can't argue w/ someone who is a stupid as this woman is.She just said on another thread "now the IRS will know your families income". Unfrigginbelieveable!
income".Unbelieveable!

If you have been filing your tax as required by law, they already know your family income. Maybe she hasn't been filing her taxes. Rolling Eyes

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
income".Unbelieveable!

If you have been filing your tax as required by law, they already know your family income. Maybe she hasn't been filing her taxes. Rolling Eyes

She must not haver ever filed taxes to say something like that.

Slicef18 wrote:
alecto wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

You are wrong sir. When these runny nosed patients realize they are not going to be seen in the E.R. but will be seen in the Outpatient Clinic. the word will get around.

Please tell us where in this bill does it give the ER the right to not see patients and send them to a clinic? They already try that now.

people who do not care about making apointments are not going to change. you are delusional if you think any differnt. you already have a clinic there in pcola and the ER has signs talking about right to refuse if its a emergency. guess what, they dont refuse or redirect because they are afraid of being sued.

stay in dream land. its you and some others that dont know what your talking about. You can spell good, have good punuation but what your saying is still bull shit.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
income".Unbelieveable!

She must not haver ever filed taxes to say something like that.

I file my taxes evry year tyvm. But I dont tell my employer the income or status of everyone in my house. this is a clear invasion of my privacy, specially since i may not want my employer to know my family status as a lesbian.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Allow me to give another view on current ED care and the effect it has on those who are truly ill.

Several days ago, I took a friend to a local ED with chest pain. Instead of being taken back immediately, as would have happened in the old days of true triage nursing, he was left to stand at the desk. After standing there for about five minutes, he was directed to sign in and state his complaint in writing.

I wrote "chest pain" as his complaint. About five minutes later, he was taken in to the so-called triage area and assessed.

Fortunately, after being kept in the hospital for two days, my friend AK is doing well. He didn't have an MI.

In the old days, patients saw the triage nurse first thing, as soon as they walked through the door. They did NOT have a clipboard pushed at them by a bored clerk who asked them to sign in. Also, chest pain was a priority back then. No more. Instead, all patients sign in and then wait to have their vital signs taken. That is NOT triage.

The quality of emergency health care has declined incredibly over the last 30 years. I have to wonder if it's not partially because the ED staff are complacent and lackadaisical due to the high number of non-emergent patients they see now.

As an aside: As I sat with my friend in the ED room, he was asked by another clerk if he could pay anything on his bill that day. He was also told his deductible would be higher since he was being admitted. This was said to a person who was having chest pain and may have had an MI (heart attack.) I told the clerk to get the hell out.

PBulldog2 wrote:Allow me to give another view on current ED care and the effect it has on those who are truly ill.

Several days ago, I took a friend to a local ED with chest pain. Instead of being taken back immediately, as would have happened in the old days of true triage nursing, he was left to stand at the desk. After standing there for about five minutes, he was directed to sign in and state his complaint in writing.

I wrote "chest pain" as his complaint. About five minutes later, he was taken in to the so-called triage area and assessed.

Fortunately, after being kept in the hospital for two days, my friend AK is doing well. He didn't have an MI.

In the old days, patients saw the triage nurse first thing, as soon as they walked through the door. They did NOT have a clipboard pushed at them by a bored clerk who asked them to sign in. Also, chest pain was a priority back then. No more. Instead, all patients sign in and then wait to have their vital signs taken. That is NOT triage.

The quality of emergency health care has declined incredibly over the last 30 years. I have to wonder if it's not partially because the ED staff are complacent and lackadaisical due to the high number of non-emergent patients they see now.

As an aside: As I sat with my friend in the ED room, he was asked by another clerk if he could pay anything on his bill that day. He was also told his deductible would be higher since he was being admitted. This was said to a person who was having chest pain and may have had an MI (heart attack.) I told the clerk to get the hell out.

personally i dont give a crap about the few bad ER visits or even doc visits.

I tend to look at THE BIG PICTURE.

People in high levels of managing healthcare dont like single bad events, but they are part of the system and they will never go away as is human nature. These people in the higher levels of managing care focus instead on giving the best care to the most people. Sure, they will use slogans like focusing on you, one person at a time. well they are tracking each individuals care, hecause HCAPS says to do so, especially now that they will lose a % of payment if HCAPS is bad. But guess what, all this data is broken down to do one thing. And that thing is to provide the best possible healthcare to the most possible amount of people and make it in under that HCAPS guideline.

I'm really sorry that all of you lefties are trying to spin this bill as good now, because i know down deep in your heart you know it does not do what is needed or good for all. But you will keep on spinning it because of party politics.

chrissy8 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Allow me to give another view on current ED care and the effect it has on those who are truly ill.

People in high levels of managing healthcare dont like single bad events, but they are part of the system and they will never go away as is human nature. These people in the higher levels of managing care focus instead on giving the best care to the most people. Sure, they will use slogans like focusing on you, one person at a time. well they are tracking each individuals care, hecause HCAPS says to do so, especially now that they will lose a % of payment if HCAPS is bad. But guess what, all this data is broken down to do one thing. And that thing is to provide the best possible healthcare to the most possible amount of people and make it in under that HCAPS guideline.

I'm really sorry that all of you lefties are trying to spin this bill as good now, because i know down deep in your heart you know it does not do what is needed or good for all. But you will keep on spinning it because of party politics.

Well ,let's ask you this? Is it better than what we had? Let's see who's spinning party politics.

Dreamsglore wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:

Well ,let's ask you this? Is it better than what we had? Let's see who's spinning party politics.

No, because it puts millions onto the rolls, but it does nothing to address the part of care. matter of a fact this bill is in reality a bill that will inhibit good care. Its all about cost savings and rationing.

Think about it, which is something i know you cant do, we cant pay for this service. This will raise the cost on all fronts of services for healthcare. from ins premiums to drugs, medical supply , device taxes, its all over the place.

so if the bill doesnt address paying for it rationally, and it doesnt, then what do you think the real answer is? Ill tell you. They want people to receive less healthcare so the bill goes down. I know this for a FACT.

This isnt politics for me, its my way of living and involves something Ive devoted my entire life to.

spin it anyway you want. because at the end of the day. You wont win with this, neither will obama or any patients.

Slicef18

Slicef18

chrissy8 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:

No, because it puts millions onto the rolls, but it does nothing to address the part of care. matter of a fact this bill is in reality a bill that will inhibit good care. Its all about cost savings and rationing.

Think about it, which is something i know you cant do, we cant pay for this service. This will raise the cost on all fronts of services for healthcare. from ins premiums to drugs, medical supply , device taxes, its all over the place.

so if the bill doesnt address paying for it rationally, and it doesnt, then what do you think the real answer is? Ill tell you. They want people to receive less healthcare so the bill goes down. I know this for a FACT.

This isnt politics for me, its my way of living and involves something Ive devoted my entire life to.

spin it anyway you want. because at the end of the day. You wont win with this, neither will obama or any patients.

"so if the bill doesnt address paying for it rationally, and it doesnt, then what do you think the real answer is? Ill tell you. They want people to receive less healthcare so the bill goes down. I know this for a FACT."

The bill requires patients have healthcare insurance. Now if that isn't addressing paying for it rationally you do not know what the word rationally means. Is everyone going to afford health insurance? No, however they will be provided insurance or assistance in acquiring insurance. Part of the goal is to get patients treated before it becomes a major medical problem and expense. That is how the successful medical systems work in Europe. Keep the patient well by being proactive. instead of treating illnesses.

"This isnt politics for me, its my way of living and involves something Ive devoted my entire life to."

So tell us exactly how it's your way of living because a major number hospitals and physicians of America are supportive of of the program. I see most negative comments coming from people who don't understand the costly and poorly utilized system we have today and how the new system, which is far from perfect and will be adjusted as we go down the road. Those who attend the boardroom understand and support this law. It's people in the dining room that hear rumors and make judgments based on "somebody said."

Slicef18 wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:

"so if the bill doesnt address paying for it rationally, and it doesnt, then what do you think the real answer is? Ill tell you. They want people to receive less healthcare so the bill goes down. I know this for a FACT."

The bill requires patients have healthcare insurance. Now if that isn't addressing paying for it rationally you do not know what the word rationally means. Is everyone going to afford health insurance? No, however they will be provided insurance or assistance in acquiring insurance. Part of the goal is to get patients treated before it becomes a major medical problem and expense. That is how the successful medical systems work in Europe. Keep the patient well by being proactive. instead of treating illnesses.

"This isnt politics for me, its my way of living and involves something Ive devoted my entire life to."

So tell us exactly how it's your way of living because a major number hospitals and physicians of America are supportive of of the program. I see most negative comments coming from people who don't understand the costly and poorly utilized system we have today and how the new system, which is far from perfect and will be adjusted as we go down the road. Those who attend the boardroom understand and support this law. It's people in the dining room that hear rumors and make judgments based on "somebody said."

what people say publically and what they really say in the board rooms of hospitals is two very different things.

You dont need to know my way of living. all you need to know is my life is and has been dedicated to providing superior healthcare to patients. i am a extreme advocate for quality, I am well versed in all major compliance legalities. federal and state.

Hospitals have been scared of this since 2010. All kinds of medical companies have been worried about this since then.

I think your the one who has mis-represented yourself as something your not. because you couldnt be this nieve. or maybe your just old and retired and dont know what the deal is anymore, like many here.

oh, one more thing. Europe doesnt have a succesful medical system.

and they are bankrupt.

Slicef18

Slicef18

chrissy8 wrote:oh, one more thing. Europe doesnt have a succesful medical system.

and they are bankrupt.

You are so very wrong. Where in the world did you get that information.
You'll look long and hard to find any person who would be willing to trade their healthcare for what we have here in America. Europe financial problems have nothing to do with healthcare.
Your "and they are bankrupt" is not true, All of Europe is not bankrupt. One could use your, "and they are bankrupt" and apply it to automobiles , housing, and even cheese or wine

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum