Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think of the Supreme Court's decision re the Affordable Care Act?

+11
gulfbeachbandit
RealLindaL
Slicef18
Nekochan
Floridatexan
Markle
polecat
Sal
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
othershoe1030
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

boards of FL

boards of FL

How about alecto?

Slicef18 wrote:
They are failing, not because the money wasn't put in there. It's failing because the politicians took out the money and left us with OIU's.

You are absolutely correct but you do not think they will do the same thing with the money collected for obamacare?

boards of FL wrote:How about alecto?

boards of FL you are an intelligent individual you have presented tons of info on %gdp, whatever. According to your info it is not the largest increase in history. That is fine if that is the way you look at it. I look at it as an individual, an individual that by 2016 I will see my taxes increase $2000. Sure I can buy the insurance for $1200 a month (which I can't afford) or at the end of the year I see a tax increase of $2000 (which I can't afford) when I do my taxes. So from my perspective that is the largest tax increase I have seen my entire working adult life. I don't give a crap about the info you posted, I am not a financial guru, a tax expert, a lawyer, a politician, an economist, I am a middle class working American that will be hurt by this law and %GDP is not going to change that. But yeah I have a choice buy insurance for $1200 a month and lose the house or cut back on groceries, utility bills, auto insurance, kids college, gas, and save for the tax ant the end of the year because since the bankruptcy I have no disposable income. Great choices!

Slicef18

Slicef18

What most people don't know is we almost had a national healthcare program back in 1974 when Nixon had an interest in signing off on a National Healthcare program. It all fell apart when Ted Kennedy got greedy and asked for more than Nixon could give, and the rest is history. Ted Kennedy called it his biggest political blunder.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Alecto, at least for me there are too many moving parts to this thing to stake out any solid ground yet however there is a provision for subsidies to middle and working class families to help pay for the required health insurance. I would wait to see what shakes out.
I doubt if a family would have to make drastic cuts in current obligations to buy health insurance. There are also going to be exchanges set up to make shopping for policies more straightforward.

Markle

Markle

Slicef18 wrote:What most people don't know is we almost had a national healthcare program back in 1974 when Nixon had an interest in signing off on a National Healthcare program. It all fell apart when Ted Kennedy got greedy and asked for more than Nixon could give, and the rest is history. Ted Kennedy called it his biggest political blunder.
[b]

Ted Kennedy called THAT his biggest political blunder...really...?

What do you think of the Supreme Court's decision re the Affordable Care Act? - Page 5 Chappaquiddick_incident

Just because we dodged a bullet then, doesn't mean that taking one now is a good idea.

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:

boards of FL you are an intelligent individual you have presented tons of info on %gdp, whatever. According to your info it is not the largest increase in history. That is fine if that is the way you look at it. I look at it as an individual, an individual that by 2016 I will see my taxes increase $2000. Sure I can buy the insurance for $1200 a month (which I can't afford) or at the end of the year I see a tax increase of $2000 (which I can't afford) when I do my taxes. So from my perspective that is the largest tax increase I have seen my entire working adult life. I don't give a crap about the info you posted, I am not a financial guru, a tax expert, a lawyer, a politician, an economist, I am a middle class working American that will be hurt by this law and %GDP is not going to change that. But yeah I have a choice buy insurance for $1200 a month and lose the house or cut back on groceries, utility bills, auto insurance, kids college, gas, and save for the tax ant the end of the year because since the bankruptcy I have no disposable income. Great choices!

Times are tough, right? You would probably be better off with the "public option" right now, right? You would be better off right now if the democrats did not have to compromise and adopt the policy that was quite literally written by conservatives in the mid to late 90s, right?

What's funny, is that you bitch about this policy now, and yet you still complain about "liberals" and you likely still vote for "conservatives", don't you?

Last edited by boards of FL on 7/4/2012, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:

Times are tough, right? You would probably be better off with the "public option", right now, right? You would be better off right now if the democrats did not have to compromise and adopt the policy that was quite literally written by conservatives in the mid to late 90s, right?

What's funny, is that you bitch about this policy now, and yet you still complain about "liberals" and you likely still vote for "conservatives", don't you?

Where do you get the idea that a "public option" would be free?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:

Times are tough, right? You would probably be better off with the "public option", right now, right? You would be better off right now if the democrats did not have to compromise and adopt the policy that was quite literally written by conservatives in the mid to late 90s, right?

Where do you get the idea that a "public option" would be free?

Where do you get the idea that i ever said the "public option" would be free? Better yet, why don't you go back and respond to my post above?

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:

Times are tough, right? You would probably be better off with the "public option" right now, right? You would be better off right now if the democrats did not have to compromise and adopt the policy that was quite literally written by conservatives in the mid to late 90s, right?

You obviously missed the tread titled "If the election were right now who would you vote for?" so before you tell me who I will voting for I would recommend you at-least glance at that, second post. Yes right now I haven't seen a viable healthcare option from Romney or republicans and since there are still tons of answered questions and uncertainty repealing Obamacare is in MY best interest.

I will complain about liberals because liberals pushed this through, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what anyone came up with 20 years ago because right now we are stuck with obamacare. If you vote strictly party line as you obviously regardless of how it affects you that is fine that is your choice but my vote will go to ever helps me and my family members the most and at this moment it does not appear to be Obama, that may change who knows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum