Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Gaetz, Florida's Own Trumpenis

+9
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
polecat
EmeraldGhost
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Deus X
Telstar
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Telstar

Telstar

"Everywhere you look in Haiti it's sheetmetal and garbage." As if real Americans needed any more reasons to despise the shithole state of Florida. What's with that stupid grin? He looks like Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket. Hopefully he'll take himself out the same way Pile did and do America a favor.

Deus X

Deus X

He won the 1st Congressional District of Florida by 69.1% to 30.9%.

The Democrats in this district should be ashamed of themselves. Their latest efforts involve phone bank training. I guess the notion of getting off their lazy asses and walking around the neighborhoods is just too much work--phone banks and fund raisers are the way to go.

The 1st Congressional District deserves this guy.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:He won the 1st Congressional District of Florida by 69.1% to 30.9%.

The Democrats in this district should be ashamed of themselves. Their latest efforts involve phone bank training. I guess the notion of getting off their lazy asses and walking around the neighborhoods is just too much work--phone banks and fund raisers are the way to go.

Wow I didn't know Florida Dems suck as much shit as coast to coast republicans. Maybe things will change when people from Puerto Rico overrun the smelly old farts that infest the shithole.

2seaoat

Good points. I have been arguing this since the election. The Hubris of MSNBC every night telling sane people that Trump is an idiot. Story after story, while the hard work of getting people on ballots and actually vying for election in every position in America is a pipe dream. My daughter is telling me that in Illinois there are not even Democrats running for key elected office with the primary just a few months away. Meanwhile Trump knows that in racist America all he has to do is keep playing the race card and the Democrats will form a circular firing squad which actually helps to accent that the Democrats getting infuriated at what a racist pig Trump is does NOTHING to get people to have real electoral choice in POLICY. Until I see a county coroner race have a democrat running or for other low level office, the same mistakes of 2016 are being repeated. Focus on issues which are in contrast to insanity, and drive the same home in every county in America by getting people to the ballot with a real choice which benefits middle class families. It is hilarious that people actually think that the evil of Trump is just the man himself.......that 30% cannot win an election unless the other 70% are abandoned.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Good points.  I have been arguing this since the election.  The Hubris of MSNBC every night telling sane people that Trump is an idiot.  Story after story, while the hard work of getting people on ballots and actually vying for election in every position in America is a pipe dream.  My daughter is telling me that in Illinois there are not even Democrats running for key elected office with the primary just a few months away.  Meanwhile Trump knows that in racist America all he has to do is keep playing the race card and the Democrats will form a circular firing squad which actually helps to accent that the Democrats getting infuriated at what a racist pig Trump is does NOTHING to get people to have real electoral choice in POLICY.  Until I see a county coroner race have a democrat running or for other low level office, the same mistakes of 2016 are being repeated.   Focus on issues which are in contrast to insanity, and drive the same home in every county in America by getting people to the ballot with a real choice which benefits middle class families.  It is hilarious that people actually think that the evil of Trump is just the man himself.......that 30% cannot win an election unless the other 70% are abandoned.  

The hubris of FOX NOISE telling people lies each and every day and the ability of supposedly sane people to overlook the nasty, deplorable POS in the White House. The GOP has fallen far and fast...it's not just Drumpf; it's YOUR PARTY.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:Good points.  I have been arguing this since the election.  The Hubris of MSNBC every night telling sane people that Trump is an idiot.  Story after story, while the hard work of getting people on ballots and actually vying for election in every position in America is a pipe dream.  My daughter is telling me that in Illinois there are not even Democrats running for key elected office with the primary just a few months away.  Meanwhile Trump knows that in racist America all he has to do is keep playing the race card and the Democrats will form a circular firing squad which actually helps to accent that the Democrats getting infuriated at what a racist pig Trump is does NOTHING to get people to have real electoral choice in POLICY.  Until I see a county coroner race have a democrat running or for other low level office, the same mistakes of 2016 are being repeated.   Focus on issues which are in contrast to insanity, and drive the same home in every county in America by getting people to the ballot with a real choice which benefits middle class families.  It is hilarious that people actually think that the evil of Trump is just the man himself.......that 30% cannot win an election unless the other 70% are abandoned.  

Uh...   explain this then, Oh Wise One:

Democrats flip traditionally conservative Wisconsin senate seat, kicking off 2018 election season

The 2018 election season kicked off Tuesday with an upset in rural Wisconsin, with Democrats flipping a state Senate seat that had been held by Republicans since the start of the century.

With every precinct counted in the race for Wisconsin's 10th Senate district, Democrat Patty Schachtner was the clear victor over Republican Adam Jarchow, a member of the state assembly. Schachtner, a medical examiner in St. Croix County, won by 9 points - a massive swing in a district that former senator Sheila Harsdorf, a Republican, won in 2016 with 63.2 percent of the vote.

It wasn't enough, even in a district that Barack Obama lost by 6 points in 2012 and Hillary Clinton lost by 17 to Trump.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-wisconsin-state-senate-election-20180116-story.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's an excerpt from Matt Gaetz' "weekly reads":

Hello, Friends —
Welcome to the second installment of Weekly Reads. While the media has seemingly been trying to set new records for the amount of foul language used on-air, other things have been happening that are worth noting, too. Without further ado, here are some hand-selected stories for your perusal!

NATIONAL NEWS
Free Speech Under Attack: Twitter Censoring Conservatives

On January 11, the undercover journalism group Project Veritas released worrisome videos that confirm what many have said for years: Twitter is actively suppressing conservative voices on its platform. More information, as well as video evidence, can be seen here (caution: contains foul language). This was followed up by another bombshell report indicating that Twitter employees can (and do!) search through users’ private messages, even after they’ve been deleted. Read more here (note: also contains foul language). Many in the media attempt to downplay or discredit Project Veritas, but they have revealed startling admissions in the past — including CNN commentator Van Jones calling the ‘Russia investigation’ a “nothingburger,” which you can see here.

Bias Targets Search Engines, Too

It’s easy to think that internet search results are completely impartial. It’s also untrue. This is why different search engines — Google vs. Bing, for instance — often show totally different results for the same search. It appears that some search engines are now trying even harder than ever to de-legitimize conservative news outlets, and “bury” conservative articles so they’re harder to find. This is deeply worrisome behavior, and should concern anyone who wants to hear many different perspectives.

This sucker thinks Project Veritas isn't getting a fair shake and conservative news outlets are being delegitimized...at least that's his story. I despise this creep.

2seaoat

That seems like a big deal for people who do not know Wisconsin politics. One race ten months from the general election. Wisconsin has been a bastion for progressives for sixty years and the number of seats to take back the state house is a joke considering this one seat. Yep, same stories after Ed and Msnbc covered the massive demonstrations in Madison which had America convinced that the Democrats were going to take the state back from Walker........they gained seats after the demonstrations and all the Hubris about how awful the Republicans were. I hope you are right, but the Democrats are so spineless that they often make the Republicans and their evil policy seem edible.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:
Here's an excerpt from Matt Gaetz' "weekly reads":

Hello, Friends —
Welcome to the second installment of Weekly Reads. While the media has seemingly been trying to set new records for the amount of foul language used on-air, other things have been happening that are worth noting, too. Without further ado, here are some hand-selected stories for your perusal!

NATIONAL NEWS
Free Speech Under Attack: Twitter Censoring Conservatives

On January 11, the undercover journalism group Project Veritas released worrisome videos that confirm what many have said for years: Twitter is actively suppressing conservative voices on its platform. More information, as well as video evidence, can be seen here (caution: contains foul language). This was followed up by another bombshell report indicating that Twitter employees can (and do!) search through users’ private messages, even after they’ve been deleted. Read more here (note: also contains foul language). Many in the media attempt to downplay or discredit Project Veritas, but they have revealed startling admissions in the past — including CNN commentator Van Jones calling the ‘Russia investigation’ a “nothingburger,” which you can see here.

Bias Targets Search Engines, Too

It’s easy to think that internet search results are completely impartial. It’s also untrue. This is why different search engines — Google vs. Bing, for instance — often show totally different results for the same search. It appears that some search engines are now trying even harder than ever to de-legitimize conservative news outlets, and “bury” conservative articles so they’re harder to find. This is deeply worrisome behavior, and should concern anyone who wants to hear many different perspectives.

This sucker thinks Project Veritas isn't getting a fair shake and conservative news outlets are being delegitimized...at least that's his story.  I despise this creep.

Too terribly bad that Twitter can't keep POTUS off their platform.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Deus X wrote:He won the 1st Congressional District of Florida by 69.1% to 30.9%.

Democrats in the first district by and large are vastly outnumbered. A few years ago when I was very active in that group I often thought that Jesus himself could run as a Democrat in Santa Rosa County and not win. It might cause a moment of hesitation for some given their outward declarations to being one of His followers but in the end I believe that Party would win over eternal salvation.

The demographics of the area, the large number of military retired, who tend to be conservative coupled with a steady diet of local stations like 1330 and other right wing talk radio, the views on the editorial page etc. all contribute to a rigid frozen state of mind that it is not possible to overcome.

For one thing Dems lacked a decent candidate. It is not a very appealing thought to put oneself on public display and to run for office in an area that is so illogically and unreasonably ultra conservative. Personally, on a local level perhaps someone could break into a county commissioners seat easier than they could win a congressional one.

2seaoat

For one thing Dems lacked a decent candidate. It is not a very appealing thought to put oneself on public display and to run for office in an area that is so illogically and unreasonably ultra conservative.

You nailed the essence of the problem. Cowardice or pure lazy, but the result is the same. Evil prevails. If Florida's electoral votes which are essential for a successful presidential bid cannot even challenge areas where they have unlimited upside for votes which actually could change the course of America...........and people stand on the sidelines because it is not appealing. No, I have ran for public office and it is hard. Appealing it was not, but it was necessary to raise issues. Sometimes in the ashes of defeat, you find the seeds for hope and change.....but not running candidates and flooding the progressive press with hour after hour telling us how stupid the opposition is, yet you cannot find courageous candidates to run where they know they will lose. It reminds me of Ike during D day. He could have said, oh oh oh the Germans are just too entrenched, and we will lose 10k on the beaches.....and then talking about how evil the Germans were, and not sending the troops to battle. Sorry, it is obvious why we are where we are today. Arrogance and cowardice. Evil has prevailed because of incompetency, which is repeating itself in this election cycle.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:

This sucker thinks Project Veritas isn't getting a fair shake and conservative news outlets are being delegitimized...at least that's his story.  I despise this creep.

He's a first class dooshenozzle.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RETIRED NAVAL OFFICER EHR ANNOUNCES CONGRESSIONAL CAMPAIGN

DEREK COSSON  JULY 18, 2017  GULF COASTPOLITICS & GOVERNMENT

Matt Gaetz, Florida's Own Trumpenis Pgc-philehrcongress2

Retired U.S. Navy officer Phil Ehr announced Monday that ere (sic) will challenge freshman Republican Matt Gaetz for Northwest Florida’s seat in Congress next year.

Ehr, who is running as a Democrat, announced his campaign with a rally at Pensacola’s Veterans Memorial Park. A longtime Republican, Ehr said he switched parties earlier this year after 30 years in the GOP.

“Extreme radical views compelled me to question the Republican Party’s commitment to American values,” Ehr said. “That’s why I switched to the Democratic Party.”

A 26-year Navy veteran, Ehr rose from deck seaman to commander over the course of a career which included flying classified reconnaissance in the Cold War and combat support missions during Operation Desert Storm. After retiring from active duty, Ehr taught British military officers at King’s College London and served as the chief executive of the English Chess Federation for four years.

“I will help Washington work for you,” Ehr said Monday. “I will focus on improving the lives of everyday Americans. I will fight for good jobs, affordable healthcare, and respect for public education.”

Former state representative Matt Gaetz was elected to the congressional seat last year after eight-term incumbent Jeff Miller decided to retire. Gaetz topped a crowded Republican primary field before going on trounce Democrat Steven Specht by more than 30 points.

That’s par for the course for Democrats in Florida’s first congressional district in recent years. A Democrat hasn’t represented the district, which stretches across six counties, in more than 20 years. The district hasn’t voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1960. The Cook Political Report gives the district a Partisan Voting Index of R+22, meaning Republicans have a 22-percentage-point advantage over Democrats, the highest in the state.

In fact, no Democrat has managed to garner more than 31 percent of the vote in the congressional race since Joe Scarborough flipped the seat from blue to red in 1994.

Local Democrats are optimistic about Ehr’s chances, though.

“Sending Phil Ehr to Washington will send a message to Congress that the needs of the working poor and middle class will be addressed,” said Dianne Krumel, the Florida Democratic Party’s congressional district chair.

“Phil has character,” said Ellison Bennett, a Vietnam veteran, business owner, and longtime civil rights advocate. “We need to go all in and send him to Congress.”

Republican and Democratic primary elections in the congressional race are scheduled for August 28, 2018, with the general election set for November 6, 2018.

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2017/07/retired-naval-officer-ehr-announces-congressional-campaign

Hope to see more of Ehr.

Gaetz is a penis!

Telstar

Telstar

panhandler wrote:Hope to see more of Ehr.

Gaetz is a penis!

Florida needs to smarten up and get rid of useless flotsam like Gaetz.

2seaoat

He cancelled his town hall meeting today. He claimed because of the shutdown. What a twerp.

Deus X

Deus X

Northwest Florida congressman Matt Gaetz on Monday appeared on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ radio show to discuss a so-called “secret intelligence memo” as well as his ongoing criticism of former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

During the interview, Gaetz renewed his call for the release of a Republican-written House Intelligence Committee memorandum said to call into question the FBI’s conduct in obtaining a secret surveillance order on a former Trump campaign associate. Democrats on the committee have said the memo is a partisan attempt to discredit special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Gaetz has said in recent days that he believes there is a “criminal conspiracy” within the FBI to discredit and undermine President Trump.

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2018/01/gaetz-interviewed-by-far-right-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones

Democrats in Florida's District 1 should hang their heads in shame that this guy got 70% of the vote.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:Northwest Florida congressman Matt Gaetz on Monday appeared on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ radio show to discuss a so-called “secret intelligence memo” as well as his ongoing criticism of former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

During the interview, Gaetz renewed his call for the release of a Republican-written House Intelligence Committee memorandum said to call into question the FBI’s conduct in obtaining a secret surveillance order on a former Trump campaign associate. Democrats on the committee have said the memo is a partisan attempt to discredit special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Gaetz has said in recent days that he believes there is a “criminal conspiracy” within the FBI to discredit and undermine President Trump.

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2018/01/gaetz-interviewed-by-far-right-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones

Democrats in Florida's District 1 should hang their heads in shame that this guy got 70% of the vote.

I guess instead of flushing the toilet they eat the turds. No wonder Florida is the #1 shithole state in America. Shocked

Deus X

Deus X

GAETZ INVITED WHITE SUPREMACIST INTERNET TROLL TO STATE OF THE UNION

Northwest Florida congressman Matt Gaetz provided white supremacist Chuck Johnson with a ticket to attend President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported.

Johnson is the founder of the far-right GotNews website as well as WeSearchr, a crowdfunding website which has raised money for the legal defense of the founder of the white supremacist website The Daily Stormer. Infamous for his trolling within the online political world, Johnson has published the home addresses of New York Times reporters and was permanently banned from Twitter in 2015 after soliciting donations to “take out” a Black Lives Matter activist.

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2018/01/gaetz-invited-white-supremacist-internet-troll-to-state-of-the-union

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

[quote="2seaoat" Until I see a county coroner race have a democrat running or for other low level office, the same mistakes of 2016 are being repeated.   ...  [/quote]

Personally, I think County Coroner elections should be limited only to bona-fide card carrying members of the Libertarian and Green parties Laughing

That would be interesting!

polecat

polecat

Matt Gaetz, Florida's Own Trumpenis Screen17

2seaoat

Too funny. Very Happy

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:RETIRED NAVAL OFFICER EHR ANNOUNCES CONGRESSIONAL CAMPAIGN

DEREK COSSON  JULY 18, 2017  GULF COASTPOLITICS & GOVERNMENT

Matt Gaetz, Florida's Own Trumpenis Pgc-philehrcongress2

Retired U.S. Navy officer Phil Ehr announced Monday that ere (sic) will challenge freshman Republican Matt Gaetz for Northwest Florida’s seat in Congress next year.

Ehr, who is running as a Democrat, announced his campaign with a rally at Pensacola’s Veterans Memorial Park. A longtime Republican, Ehr said he switched parties earlier this year after 30 years in the GOP.

“Extreme radical views compelled me to question the Republican Party’s commitment to American values,” Ehr said. “That’s why I switched to the Democratic Party.”

A 26-year Navy veteran, Ehr rose from deck seaman to commander over the course of a career which included flying classified reconnaissance in the Cold War and combat support missions during Operation Desert Storm. After retiring from active duty, Ehr taught British military officers at King’s College London and served as the chief executive of the English Chess Federation for four years.

“I will help Washington work for you,” Ehr said Monday. “I will focus on improving the lives of everyday Americans. I will fight for good jobs, affordable healthcare, and respect for public education.”

Former state representative Matt Gaetz was elected to the congressional seat last year after eight-term incumbent Jeff Miller decided to retire. Gaetz topped a crowded Republican primary field before going on trounce Democrat Steven Specht by more than 30 points.

That’s par for the course for Democrats in Florida’s first congressional district in recent years. A Democrat hasn’t represented the district, which stretches across six counties, in more than 20 years. The district hasn’t voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1960. The Cook Political Report gives the district a Partisan Voting Index of R+22, meaning Republicans have a 22-percentage-point advantage over Democrats, the highest in the state.

In fact, no Democrat has managed to garner more than 31 percent of the vote in the congressional race since Joe Scarborough flipped the seat from blue to red in 1994.

Local Democrats are optimistic about Ehr’s chances, though.

“Sending Phil Ehr to Washington will send a message to Congress that the needs of the working poor and middle class will be addressed,” said Dianne Krumel, the Florida Democratic Party’s congressional district chair.

“Phil has character,” said Ellison Bennett, a Vietnam veteran, business owner, and longtime civil rights advocate. “We need to go all in and send him to Congress.”

Republican and Democratic primary elections in the congressional race are scheduled for August 28, 2018, with the general election set for November 6, 2018.

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2017/07/retired-naval-officer-ehr-announces-congressional-campaign

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Telstar

Telstar

Isn't there anyone in Florida that will step up to the plate and slap that silly What Me Worry grin off of his stupid Alfred E Newman face?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum