Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember those lawyer commercials......

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
knothead
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

2seaoat

You guys are forgetting that Maloney is a personal injury attorney. DUI business is peanuts stuff -- actually lower than peanuts -- compared to potential PI verdicts.

I guess this was a compliment for DUI lawyers......my bad.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:You guys are forgetting that Maloney is a personal injury attorney. DUI business is peanuts stuff -- actually lower than peanuts -- compared to potential PI verdicts.

And I guess I thought you were gifted with a high degree of reading comprehension....my bad.

What don't you understand about the words "business" and "verdicts" above?  Did I say one negative (or positive) thing in that statement about the lawyers themselves, in either type of practice?  NO I DIDN'T.   Give it up, sea.   There's no need to defend people I never insulted.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You guys are forgetting that Maloney is a personal injury attorney. DUI business is peanuts stuff -- actually lower than peanuts -- compared to potential PI verdicts.

And I guess I thought you were gifted with a high degree of reading comprehension....my bad.

What don't you understand about the words "business" and "verdicts" above?  Did I say one negative (or positive) thing in that statement about the lawyers themselves, in either type of practice?  NO I DIDN'T.   Give it up, sea.   There's no need to defend people I never insulted.

Just keep disagreeing with him and it's inevitable. He'll find some way to turn you into a racist. lol

2seaoat

Just keep disagreeing with him and it's inevitable. He'll find some way to turn you into a racist. lol

A little sensitive....

2seaoat wrote:Just keep disagreeing with him and it's inevitable. He'll find some way to turn you into a racist. lol

A little sensitive....

No... you're that predictable... and intellectually lazy.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Just keep disagreeing with him and it's inevitable.  He'll find some way to turn you into a racist.  lol

Ha!  Funny you should say that, Bob.  When first composing that last post I'd actually included a last sentence to the effect of, "Gosh, you'd think I'd made a racist remark or something."   But I omitted it after deeming it unnecessary and mostly for my own amusement.  LOL indeed.   Smile

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:No... you're that predictable...

We do know and love our seaoat, don't we?     Smile

RealLindaL wrote:

Lol... he loves this stuff. Too bad everyone can't handle jabs like he does.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:

Yes we do . . . . jammies and all! Very Happy

2seaoat

Premise: PI lawyers make more than DUI Lawyers. They have more potential.

Drunk PI lawyer driving a fancy car is making a lot of money, and he would not bother to take a pay cut doing DUI work.

Seaoat: A DUI volume practice in a tv market where they are advertising makes more than the average PI attorney in that same market.

Linda: DUI is peanuts compared to PI

Bob: I am a racist and Seaoat has irritated me about the same.

PK: I am intellectually lazy with my concepts, so I will transfer the same to you, when I know that Seaoat is precise and correct......

Boards: I am still piszed that your are right on James.

No

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:No smoke and mirror.  Juries are extremely stingy and the insurance companies have made it difficult for the average PI lawyer to bank what it takes to win, but the folks who are advertising on billboards are pulling the volume from competent small firms and this idea that the average trial lawyer doing PI work is making so much more than the volume DUI TV Lawyers who you think are making peanuts is ill informed.  

You either aren't perceptive enough to understand what her argument was, or you realize that you're wrong so you're now arguing against a straw man.  She said there is more money to be made in personal injury than there is in DUIs.  And now you're ignoring that and talking about volume.  

2seaoat, is the law school at UF named after a personal injury attorney or is it named after a DUI guy?  Is the crown jewel home of Pensacola on Muskogee Wharf owned by a personal injury attorney or is it owned by a DUI guy?  Who is more likely to get arrested for speeding in a Lamborghini on the beach, a personal injury attorney or a DUI guy?

Very nice try, Boards, so right as usual, and I thank you.  As for me, though, I'm so over spending any more time on this thread.   In fact I'm no longer interested in trying to have a reasoned discussion with seaoat on any topic, watching his arguments become more and more circular, as he hunts for any way to declare victory for himself.  Have fun, sea; I'm done.

Never truer words spoken, Linda. Oatie is famous here for his inability to be wrong and refusal to accept the same. He has similar traits to Trump in believing he is actually smarter than he really is. Sorry Oatie but this is true. You're not "all that" and have a hard time realizing it. I do think you work very hard at trying to portray that,though, so I give you credit.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Very nice try, Boards, so right as usual, and I thank you.  As for me, though, I'm so over spending any more time on this thread.   In fact I'm no longer interested in trying to have a reasoned discussion with seaoat on any topic, watching his arguments become more and more circular, as he hunts for any way to declare victory for himself.  Have fun, sea; I'm done.

Never truer words spoken, Linda. Oatie is famous here for his inability to be wrong and refusal to accept the same. He has similar traits to Trump in believing he is actually smarter than he really is. Sorry Oatie but this is true. You're not "all that" and have a hard time realizing it. I do think you work very hard at trying to portray that,though, so I give you credit.

Thanks for the backup, Viking, and thanks also for helping remind me that I wasn't going to spend any more time on this thread.  OK, OK, I'm really done now.     Smile

2seaoat

Too funny as somebody who has more knowledge on this subject than anybody on this forum......sometimes I think folks just have incredible deficits, but some former forum members did not have those deficits and a light bulb went off, but what the heck, I will appease and smile with ultimately knowing that the knowledge I possess is a unique skill set on this forum, and on this subject.

Vikingwoman

What did I just say? LOL! Oatie has a unique skill set ,according to him, on most subjects. He has never mastered the definition of opinion vs. facts.

2seaoat

Yep......a unique skill set, which is easy to identify and its absence is equally easy to identify......but heck irritating is my game, and Seaoat in my name.

Vikingwoman

I know, I know. That's what you always say, Donald. People lack concepts and are of lesser intelligence than you when they don't agree w/ your OPINIONS.As I said though, you never mastered the opinion vs. fact criteria.

2seaoat

Sadly, once again the concept of knowledge flies over your head, it encompasses both fact and opinion, and the ability to discern the workings of both in this thread requires certain skill sets......nothing more and nothing less.

Vikingwoman

Having a law degree does not exactly predispose you to have a skill set. They are plenty of bad lawyers as there are plenty of bad doctors. Not saying you are a bad lawyer but just because you have that degree does not mean you're good at it.The skill set comes in when applying the law. Let's take Roy Moore for example. He's a chief judge but he's not exactly too good at applying the law besides this was not a law debate.

2seaoat

Roy Moore.......now that is funny.

Vikingwoman

Yes, Roy Moore. No doubt he tries to apply the law to his beliefs and/or opinions which is getting him ousted again.

2seaoat

So I have advocated for the ten commandments to be posted on public property......yep.....you are at least consistent, and predictable.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I am not alone, judging from posts on my FB feed, in despising Mr. Baloney...I understand that it was close to 3 am and there was a phone call reporting him. Good. I hope it hits him where he lives...in the pocketbook.

2seaoat

I cannot believe that guy is a good lawyer with a successful practice. However, I have seen it repeatedly where less than stellar products are marketed and people buy into the same.....even presidential candidates.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:So I have advocated for the ten commandments to be posted on public property......yep.....you are at least consistent, and predictable.

No I didn't say anything close to that. I am talking about his applying his opinion to the law. He presented legal statutes to the gay marriage law.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I cannot believe that guy is a good lawyer with a successful practice.  However, I have seen it repeatedly where less than stellar products are marketed and people buy into the same.....even presidential candidates.

This is the saddest election I can remember.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum