Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember those lawyer commercials......

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
knothead
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Remember those lawyer commercials...... Maloney

A well known Mobile, Ala. personal injury lawyer and Navarre resident was arrested for DUI Sunday morning in Escambia County.
David Maloney, 49, who has an address at the 8100 block of Pompano Street, was arrested for the alleged incident at 3:35 a.m. that morning.
According to his website, Maloney represents clients who have been injured in automobile accidents, including DUI-related accidents.
In a number of his television commercials for his law firm, Maloney is often heard taking a strong stance against DUIs and DUI suspects.
Maloney was released from Escambia County Jail 6 hours after being booked after posting his $500 bond.
Maloney is one of several lawyers who represent the firm Maloney-Frost, LLP. Attorneys at Law, based out of Mobile. They also have an office in Biloxi, Mississippi, according to their website. Maloney has been a licensed attorney for over 20 years.
More information will be posted once it’s available.

“If you drink and drive and hurt someone, don’t call me.  I will not help you. In fact, I will probably be the one coming after you.”
-Maloney

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

WOW. Un-blanking-believable.

RealLindaL

Interestingly enough, checking the Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser's website shows this guy owns four properties in the county:  one in Gulf Breeze, one on Navarre Beach, and two in Navarre, including the one reported in the article, which he has actually homesteaded.

As the article mentions, per his website he maintains offices both in Mobile and Biloxi. I don't see any offices listed around here.

Long commute.  I know it doesn't prove anything, but it sure makes one wonder.

knothead

knothead

What a scum bag . . . . he gives me the creeps . . . .

RealLindaL

And Escambia County court records show this guy as having been the defendant in numerous "traffic infraction" cases going back to 2000, the year after he bought the first of the above-referenced properties (the one on Navarre Beach; the other three were 2008 acquisitions).   Agree with you, knot -- sounds like a real piece of work, and has always put me in mind of the stereotypical used car salesman.

Haven't checked Santa Rosa courts, if I even have a link.  Maybe later- gotta run get some sun.  
BBL,    LL

RealLindaL

Didn't find anything on this guy in the Santa Rosa court system.   But meanwhile, the PNJ has the story now, and it turns out the guy sped right down the main drag on Pensacola Beach (not that this is anything new):

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/05/08/dui-victims-attorney-arrested-dui/84115054/

Hypocritical a-hole.

2seaoat

stereotypical used car salesman.

no......that is an insult to all used car salesmen......this guy is bad, and the worse part of it......he will get more business because of this....wait to his newest ad.......he will play this incident.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He will need Tommy Ratchford.

Hallmarkgard

55mph in a Lambo isnt very fast...Bored cop+Lamborghini = Jackpot...

Remember those lawyer commercials...... 167p8k1

But he may have just been tired from working one those high paying jobs at the Blue Wahoo game...

Hallmarkgard

Just watched the news on Ch 5 No field test, no breath test...Good chance he will walk.  But he does have 27 speeding  tickets  LOL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Never blow.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Never blow.

How about never drive under the influence??

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:55mph in a Lambo isnt very fast....

Curious: Where did you see that his speed was 55?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chapter 4.6.4 of the Florida Driver's Handbook covers "Implied Consent."

...if you drive in Florida, you have to take these tests [blood, urine, or breath] if asked. If you refuse to take the tests when asked, your license will automatically be suspended for one year....

If this guy get's away with this then you know there is a double standard applied for the wealthier/more prominent folks in our area. If he hailed from the Belmont and DeVilliers area of Pensacola, the book would have been thrown at him.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

...if you drive in Florida, you have to take these tests [blood, urine, or breath] if asked. If you refuse to take the tests when asked, your license will automatically be suspended for one year....

If this guy get's away with this then you know there is a double standard applied for the wealthier/more prominent folks in our area. If he hailed from the Belmont and DeVilliers area of Pensacola, the book would have been thrown at him.

I didn't realize there was such a stiff penalty for refusing the breathalyzer, but maybe in his case for some reason losing his license was preferable to the alternative.

Yeah, let's watch this one and see what happens.

2seaoat

I have real doubt that this man was speeding. As much as I think he is a douche bag and the lowest of humans......I think this was a profile stop. Three in the morning.....fancy car driven by a male........boredom and a high probability of a driver having been drinking.....an officer executes the profile stop. He will make a motion to suppress, which will include the argument that he cannot refuse a test if the underlying stop was improper. I have told the story of coming back from disney with the kids and wife laying down in the car when I was stopped with a bogus eleven miles over the limit....he admitted he was bored, but the reality is the officer had gotten awards on stopping drunk drivers, and it was two am.......so he profiles a lone male with a baseball cap driving on a Sunday morning at two am......it was thrown out in its entirety. I dislike this person to the core of his being, but I dislike what the police are doing across America.....I look forward to seeing how this plays out because I have little doubt that he was profiled, and they maybe knew who he was......but you always blow on the first offense, thereafter you never blow, but he did not blow because he knew this was a profile stop and they had zero probable cause....probably no radar, and just pulling chit out of thin air.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When this was still the PNJ forum, I registered an account as "David J. Baloney".
That little prick Mike Suchcicki deleted it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Hallmarkgard wrote:55mph in a Lambo isnt very fast....

Curious:  Where did you see that his speed was 55?
The arrest report.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

An attorney may be able to get a DUI dropped but if you have a positive breathalyzer and field sobriety that will be a major problem. 

It's not black against white...it is all about your attorney.

Hallmarkgard

We all know there is double even tripple standards. Think there has ever been a DUI check point on bayshore drive by the Pensacola Country club after a big golf tournament? LOL. Not a chance in hell that will ever happen.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:

How about never drive under the influence??
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Hallmarkgard

March 18 made 34 years of sobriety. DUI is not a issue for me.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:March 18 made 34 years of sobriety.  DUI is not a issue for me.
Wonderful! 

We all know you should not drink and drive.....it's not rocket science.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I have real doubt that this man was speeding..probably no radar, and just pulling chit out of thin air.

I know you hate the "W" word but you couldn't be more WRONG as to the likelihood of anyone's speeding down Via de Luna, at ANY TIME day or night but most especially in the wee hours of the morning.   It's apparently just too much temptation -- four lane divided highway with very little traffic entering from side streets, rarely a sheriff's car in sight -- ESPECIALLY not late on a Saturday night as this was, since the deputies are usually too busy down in the core area taking care of drunken disturbances.  

Just spend one weekend in a house on the Via de Luna race track, and you'll never again wonder if anyone was really speeding when they were stopped.  We have to practically beg the sheriff's deputies to enforce the limits!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum