Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember those lawyer commercials......

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
knothead
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

2seaoat

Sorry Bob you are Ill, but there was zero connection by the Animal audiences with blacks, yet you go into some rant about the racist following of the elevator boyz and say......Seaoat you dumb chit......don't you know this was all done in appreciation of black music......just the opposite Bob.....Southern Rock was the need to exclude and hate, and all your protests about the purity of heart of that band falls on fallow ground where reality has left your perception.......it is this simple......haters were attracted to that music and it was not by accident that confederate flags were brought to concerts.......stereotyping and reality checks are two distinct concepts, and you need a reality check. I do not hate southerners, and I surely do not lump them into one huge bowl of stereotypes, but the politics of the south, the De Jure reality of Jim Crow are not non existent realities, and the rejection of black music and the need to separate rock into another genre is not motivated by love of black music....please quit being so stupid......the fans told the story, and maybe your heart was pure.....but your culture was F'd with hate and restriction.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Let's go back:

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Assuming the officer actually does smell an odor on the breath, what he is smelling is not ethyl alcohol but the flavoring in the beverage. And the flavoring can be deceptive as to the strength or amount consumed. Beer and wine, for example, are the least intoxicating drinks but will cause the strongest odor.

The oldest trick of a DUI defense lawyer is to cross examine after the State has put the officer on the stand and the officer testified he could smell alcohol.  Officers are usually trained not to just say smell alcohol, but the defendant smelled like he had been drinking.   The officer then on cross examination is not made to look foolish, rather he responds, I have made 80 dui arrests that have given drivers conviction for high BAC readings and there is a smell around someone who has been drinking which I recognize.......Juries and judges get that, but nobody smells alcohol.

Nobody smells alcohol? Whut? The wife was drinking and it's possible the cop smelled that, however, Maloney did not appear drunk in the video nor in his picture. Not even close. He may have had a drink but decided he didn't want to take the chance of blowing more than a 0.8. Or he really wasn't drinking and the cop messed up. In any event he won't lose his license either if he can prove the cop didn't have probable cause.

2seaoat

Dreams always puts her glasses on top of her head when visiting the forum.....that is so she can better see the concepts flying over her head.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Too funny!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Let's go back:

Tex,  you just made my day.  The Muscle Shoals players are like musical Gods to me.  I thought I had seen every documentary and video and interview available,  and now you find one I have never seen and it is absolutely one of the best.  Thankyou for sharing it.  This represents the very best racist elevator music ever made.  Well maybe alongside the racist elevator music that came from Stax Records in Memphis.  In each case white racist musicians with thick southern accents playing superb elevator music behind great black artists.  Racist elevator music doesn't get any better.

2seaoat

Wrong.....Rod Stewart and the other artists were not having haters carrying confederate flags coming to their concerts......sorry....not even close......you do not decide the genre.......or what attracts folks to the same. The actual following of your southern rock bands were specific to two bands.......and they decided what it meant......not Bob........wow I once knew that poster, he was smarter than Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

From the comment section on your racist elevator music video,  Tex...

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 6 Blog12

Sal

Sal

I think this discussion is almost as stupid as the Lebron v Steph Curry discussion, but it did make me wonder exactly what it is that defines a "southern rock" band.

I always think Lynard Skynard and Molly Hatchet who really do suck ass.

But, I looked at a list of southern rock bands on Wikipedia, and was shocked to see the Band listed.

Turns out that the greatest southern rock band of all time hailed from Toronto.

Hahahahahahaha ....

Sal

Sal

Bob Dylan famously said that the Band was the tightest band that ever backed him.

That is until Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers backed him, and he said they were even tighter.

I guess TP and the Heartbreakers are another southern rock band, but they packed up and moved to California as soon as they got rich enough to do so.

Hahahahahahaha ....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I think this discussion is almost as stupid as the Lebron v Steph Curry discussion, but it did make me wonder exactly what it is that defines a "southern rock" band.

I always think Lynard Skynard and Molly Hatchet who really do suck ass.

But, I looked at a list of southern rock bands on Wikipedia, and was shocked to see the Band listed.

Turns out that the greatest southern rock band of all time hailed from Toronto.

Hahahahahahaha ....

You like Bob Dylan and Tom Petty.  And I like Bob Dylan and Tom Petty and Southern Rock.
There's nothing stupid about it,  Sal.  It's just personal preference.

And in my case, I literally grew up listening to the two Allman brothers because they performed many times at a teenage dance club on Pensacola Beach when I was in high school. So when some message forum troll chooses to insult me over it, I respond.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and for what it's worth, Sal, I think Skynyrd is a one-trick pony. So is Marshall Tucker. They're nowhere near in the same league as the ABB. No matter what region of the country the music genre is named after.

2seaoat

Who is insulting you.......your politics match your music. Why is that insulting. I love Dylan. My politics match my music.........why is that insulting. Unless a person is delusional as to who was attending southern rock concerts.......my cousin was groupie for the elevator boyz.....not in a sexual way, but a total fan........her politics matched.....interestingly she loved Rod Stewart........I would rather go to the dentist than listen to rod Stewart, so cultures are different, but to deny what was happening in the early 70s in music and politics is silly.........

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Dreams always puts her glasses on top of her head when visiting the forum.....that is so she can better see the concepts flying over her head.

I know, Oatie. You're like a broken record w/ the concepts stuff. Try to find a different insult. That one is old. Now back to the thread that got hijacked by Bob. Are you disagreeing w/ what I said or are you just trying to be impervious again?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob...have you seen this one? I told you my BIL was a drummer & opened for the Allman Joys...Kudzu.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Not Muscle Shoals...just one of my old favorites.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And this one...definitely this one.

2seaoat

I know, Oatie. You're like a broken record w/ the concepts stuff. Try to find a different insult. That one is old. Now back to the thread that got hijacked by Bob. Are you disagreeing w/ what I said or are you just trying to be impervious again?

Bob thinks I am insulting his favorite band......you think I am insulting you when I talk about concepts, and my dog thinks I insulted her tonight because I did not let her have some sausage from the pizza......I guess that is strike three and a mandatory self deportation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I know, Oatie. You're like a broken record w/ the concepts stuff. Try to find a different insult. That one is old. Now back to the thread that got hijacked by Bob. Are you disagreeing w/ what I said or are you just trying to be impervious again?  

Bob thinks I am insulting his favorite band......you think I am insulting you when I talk about concepts, and my dog thinks I insulted her tonight because I did not let her have some sausage from the pizza......I guess that is strike three and a mandatory self deportation.

I just came from the best downtown parade my old hometown folk ever put on. Someday I'd like to be able to tell you how special it still is to see an actual real parade. With all the sounds and smells and real life shit that goes with that. As opposed to the crap created by computers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Who is insulting you.......your politics match your music.   Why is that insulting.  I love Dylan.  My politics match my music.........why is that insulting.   Unless a person is delusional as to who was attending southern rock concerts.......my cousin was groupie for the elevator boyz.....not in a sexual way, but a total fan........her politics matched.....interestingly she loved Rod Stewart........I would rather go to the dentist than listen to rod Stewart, so cultures are different, but to deny what was happening in the early 70s in music and politics is silly.........

You're the one denying the politicis, you stupid son of a bitch. The politics of the racist elevator boys was Jimmy Carter. Not George Wallace. But you just keep ignoring that and creating your own fucking history, asshole.

2seaoat

Sorry, but you have blinders on as to what Southern Rock represented.......but more importantly was that you think that I do not understand......read this and tell me I do not understand.......

http://thebutchtrucks.blogspot.com/2011/10/racism-niggerhead-ranch-and-abb.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, but you have blinders on as to what Southern Rock represented.......but more importantly was that you think that I do not understand......read this and tell me I do not understand.......

http://thebutchtrucks.blogspot.com/2011/10/racism-niggerhead-ranch-and-abb.html

I apologize to you, seaoat. This story proves how racist the Allman Brothers were and I'll never listen to that shitty racist elevator music again.

2seaoat

Do not care about what you like, do care when you post nonsense, and hate, and ignore history and who the folks were who were waving the confederate flag at their concerts.....you may have not agreed, they may have not agreed, but to deny the reality.....sorry to pop your balloon.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Do not care about what you like, do care when you post nonsense, and hate, and ignore history and who the folks were who were waving the confederate flag at their concerts.....you may have not agreed, they may have not agreed, but to deny the reality.....sorry to pop your balloon.

There's no question about it.  That redneck racist sheriff was the Allman Brothers' biggest fan.  The sheriff is quoted in the story saying "I love those Allman Brothers so much that I've seen their concerts 18 times".
I promise never to doubt you again, seaoat. You are definitely the world's foremost authority.

2seaoat

Well.....I certainly agree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum