Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember those lawyer commercials......

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
knothead
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Do not care about what you like, do care when you post nonsense, and hate, and ignore history and who the folks were who were waving the confederate flag at their concerts.....you may have not agreed, they may have not agreed, but to deny the reality.....sorry to pop your balloon.

There's no question about it.  That redneck racist sheriff was the Allman Brothers' biggest fan.  The sheriff is quoted in the story saying "I love those Allman Brothers so much that I've seen their concerts 18 times".
I promise never to doubt you again, seaoat. You are definitely the world's foremost authority.
The Allman brothers were previously the Allman Joys. They were in Pensacola in the 60's and played with the Sandpipers.

2seaoat

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 7 Abb_74_prgm

2seaoat

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 7 B5588-lynyrd_skynyrd_1

2seaoat

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 7 ABB%20Charicature%201979

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
The Allman brothers were previously the Allman Joys. They were in Pensacola in the 60's and played with the Sandpipers.

The Sandpipers were the local organizers of the Ku Klux Klan. It's rumored that on one night in late 1966, the Sandpipers and the Allmans firebombed the home of a black family on the west side of town and three people died in the fire. And there's pretty good evidence the Allmans were part of a neo-nazi hate group that targeted Jews.

2seaoat

The truth escapes you. If those things happened, it would not be the members of the band who committed the hate, but probably one of the folks who showed up for the concert........you know the one with the confederate flag license plate and the bumper sticker "Rambler man"............

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

The Sandpipers were the local organizers of the Ku Klux Klan.  It's rumored that on one night in late 1966,  the Sandpipers and the Allmans firebombed the home of a black family on the west side of town and three people died in the fire.  And there's pretty good evidence the Allmans were part of a neo-nazi hate group that targeted Jews.

Yes that's right....the 3 girls one 13 and 2 were 14 started a singing KKK movement.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joani,

This a photo of the Allmans with the Sandpipers taken on the beach beside The Place...

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 7 Allman10

2seaoat

who were the sandpipers.....I tried using google, but it kept for three pages showing me birds.......I guess google does not even know.......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The Sandpipers

No history of Northwest Florida music in the Sixties would be complete without mentioning The Sandpipers. This group of singers was composed of three young girls, two of which were sisters.  In the winter of 1965, Debbie Kilpatrick was 13-years old, her sister Charlene was 14 and the third voice was Sally Hurst, also 14.  These girls all went to middle school together. They weren’t even in high school, but they had a vocal blend and harmonies as good as you’ll ever hear.  The group was managed by Debbie and Charlene’s mother, Fran Kilpatrick.  Fran was a successful businesswoman with a very thriving ladies clothing store that catered to the high-end clientele.  Fran was primarily into the money end of the music business and she was ruthless when it came to the girls’ careers.  Since the girls were solely a vocal group (none of them played an instrument), Fran was constantly on the lookout for bands to backup the girls.  Fran insisted that the girls have only the best and she was constantly on the lookout for the best band to provide music for their performances.  

When they first started, most of what they did was acappella.  They sang for school functions, for civic groups and other small gatherings.  We (that is The Soul-7) were approached by Fran in December of ’65 and after hearing them sing, we were pleased to have them join our band.  Fran had plenty of money and bought a new PA system (mikes, amp and speakers) and had costumes made for the girls that complemented the burgundy and black tuxedos we wore.  We worked with The Sandpipers until March of ’66.  That was when The Allman Joys came to town, later to be known as The Allman Brothers Band.  These guys were all in their 20s and were dedicated to a life in the business.  They were a very polished nightclub band and shaped their music for that kind of crowd.  They had the long hair and dressed mod in the English style and played a lot of English music.  In fact theirs was primarily an English sound with multiple harmonies.  They performed in Pensacola nightclubs for about three months.  Within a few weeks of their debut (which really stoked all us local guys; they were really a great band with a distinctly new sound for this area. Their influence was felt, seen and heard long after they left town). Fran had made a deal with Greg and the girls started singing with them.  Unfortunately, the girls were all too young to be employed in a nightclub. (The law was pretty strict about that, even in the ‘60s.)  Since they were more or less a local phenomenon, and as long as their parents were present, this was overlooked on the local level, but The Allman Joys were strictly passing through and there was no way The Sandpipers could do the gigs The Allman joys were doing.  I didn’t really regret them leaving The Soul-7 since I had a hard time dealing with Fran and her obsession with stardom.  However, they took the PA and all the mikes when they split and that posed a problem.  Keep in mind that I was only 17 at the time and was legally incompetent to enter into contracts.  There was no way I could get financing to buy a PA on my own.  I was fortunate to have credit-worthy parents who were willing to co-sign a loan for me, which I paid back every month with what I earned with the band.

But The Sandpipers time with The Allman Joys did get them some good exposure and experience.  They managed to make a connection with a record producer in New York and released a single called ‘It’s All Over But the Crying’ that got some national attention but never made the charts.  The group eventually folded (I think Sally’s family moved) but both Debbie and Charlene continued singing with local bands

Written by Tommy Ratchford.

http://www.60sgaragebands.com/scenesthings/pensacolatommyratchford.html

2seaoat

Copying the English bands........too funny.....Bob is so full of chit. What are 14 year old girls doing singing in an establishment which sells booze with all those blacks packed into the Pensacola beach bars listening to "I'm Henry the 8th"......too funny.............you just cannot make this stuff up. Then he ignores the elevator boyz programs.......like the message being sent was not clear.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is from an interview Duane Allman gave the New Orleans Free Press in February 1971.  He died later that year.

Free Press: What are some of the changes you’d like to see happen?

Duane: I’d like to see a liberal democratic president and I think we’ll get it too, ‘cause Nixon’s F**KED up so much. Man, I don’t believe he’ll even run. Some of his advisors have even advised him not to run. People are sick of it, man it’s just jive man

I cannot imagine why a racist would want a liberal democrat as President.  And I can't imagine why his audience would be racists either.  Being racists,  they didn't like liberal democrats either.

http://www.duaneallman.info/freepress02011971.htm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When the Allman Brothers made use of the Confederate flag, seaoat, it was not meant as a symbol of promoting racism. It was used in exactly the same spirit as was the Confederate flag painted on top of the car in Dukes of Hazard.
The Dukes were the antithesis of racism. They represented the generation of southerners who were being called "the New South" at the time.
So did Gregg and Duane Allman. Everything about them and their music was a statement of the New South.

2seaoat

Too funny......who in America did not want something different than Nixon, but again you run away from the truth......"mrs. brown you have a lovely daughter", as the black audience after swimming all day at the beach cheered for the almond joys in beach bars......you are running out of room for all that chit......maybe a rebel flagged beach bag could hold some of it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What's really so ludicrous is you posting that article about the Allmans confrontation with that racist sheriff in South Alabama, and then not even recognizing that the racists in that story thought the Allmans were as evil as the blacks. To them, these were white devil hippies who needed to be fucked with.
Trust me, seaoat, that ilk wasn't the audience for the Allmans. They probably had never even heard of them before they walked into that diner.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Too funny......who in America did not want something different than Nixon

I thought you were the world's foremost authority, seaoat. But if you don't even know how many Southerners voted for George Wallace, then you wouldn't even make it as an elementary school teacher. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Somehow these just don't look like George Wallace folks to me.  lol

Remember those lawyer commercials...... - Page 7 Fillmo10

2seaoat

I thought you were the world's foremost authority, seaoat. But if you don't even know how many Southerners voted for George Wallace, then you wouldn't even make it as an elementary school teacher. lol

Your political analysis is consistent with your music appraisal.....Carter ran in 1976, and Wallace was in a wheel chair not running a national campaign........maybe I should have taught school in Florida.....I probably would have helped you because that farmer history teacher permanently damaged you sense of time and understanding what came before.......but at least Joannie posted the truth......"I can't get no.........satisfaction...... When I'm drivin' in my car
And the man comes on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to drive my imagination..............its Radio Bob talking about an imaginary world where imaginary things happened with the elevator boyz audience as black kids filled the bars on Pensacola beach and danced the twist to the almond joys......I love this place....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I thought you were the world's foremost authority, seaoat. But if you don't even know how many Southerners voted for George Wallace, then you wouldn't even make it as an elementary school teacher. lol

Your political analysis is consistent with your music appraisal.....Carter ran in 1976, and Wallace was in a wheel chair not running a national campaign........maybe I should have taught school in Florida.....I probably would have helped you because that farmer history teacher permanently damaged you sense of time and understanding what came before...

Do you always miss the point?   Duane Allman was wanting a liberal democrat president EVEN BEFORE Carter was elected.   He was ALWAYS wanting that. And after he died the rest of the band was working to make that happen.
You're like a muslim who refuses to believe there was a Holocaust.  lol

2seaoat

I miss the point.....where on this thread.....or any other thread did I say the individual band members held the racist beliefs that their music appealed to.....please take your time, because you have completely missed the point, Just like they were dressing mod and playing to a bunch of white kids on Pensacola Beach English covers, they knew exactly what they were doing using the southern imagery to draw the crowds......and the point is that the very distinction of Southern Rock did not like in your imaginary world respect blacks, but drove one more element of separation between the races as black influence in music required an alternative for the haters who rallied around that flag......you really do not get this.....the elevator boyz may not have been individual haters anymore than they were from London when they were British Mod, but the folks who were drawn to their music......yep.....confederate flags and a distinct need to be separate in music like they were separate in politics.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  seaoat,  seaoat,  oatie,  Mr. Oats or whatever your name is.  This time take the cotton out of your ears.
At the beginning of this debate (some time ago) your initial reply to me was after I had shared how much I like the Allman Brothers Band.  
Simply because they used a confederate flag on an album cover,  you accused the band and their fans of being racists.
Over time after I educated you and convinced you the band was not racist, you then started telling it me was their fans who were racist.  ALL only because of the confederate flag.
Stop lying. Just because Donald Trump likes to use lying doesn't mean you have to.

2seaoat

Stop lying. Just because Donald Trump likes to use lying doesn't mean you have to.

You educated me.....too funny, please now show me where I said what you accused me of saying. I will wait.....take your time. We both know I have referenced the music and the marketing of the Elevator boyz was trying to separate Rock, and that southern rock was not friendly to blacks and the need to separate rock and roll with confederate flags and hate was what it was all about....mediocre music.....but great marketing to southern youth born into Jim Crow.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You are absolutely THE WORST bigot I've ever come across.

2seaoat

How does it feel.......think about how it felt for those who were excluded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum