Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember those lawyer commercials......

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
knothead
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I cannot believe that guy is a good lawyer with a successful practice.  However, I have seen it repeatedly where less than stellar products are marketed and people buy into the same.....even presidential candidates.

This is the saddest election I can remember.

You've sure got that right, FT.   It's downright depressing.   Have never in my life felt this way about the presidential election process.   Sad

dumpcare

Charges dismissed

http://wkrg.com/2016/06/01/dui-charge-against-david-j-maloney-dismissed/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes they were.

2seaoat

Hallmarkgard wrote:
The county will wind up getting sued over this.. Oats has this one
correct..

Linda:
Only time will tell what the outcome of all this will be. And since everyone is speculating, I'll do a little of that myself and say I've got a sense that this attorney is not a particular favorite among the judiciary. Again: we shall see.

Linda
Well, my rarely wrong friend, I'm afraid the above is at present nothing more than big bunch of pure speculation with smoke and mirrors thrown in for fun.

Au contraire, seaoat knows absolutely everything about everything, don't we all know that by now?? Rolling Eyes

PKNo... you're that predictable... and intellectually lazy.

Dreams/viking Never truer words spoken, Linda. Oatie is famous here for his inability to be wrong and refusal to accept the same. He has similar traits to Trump in believing he is actually smarter than he really is. Sorry Oatie but this is true. You're not "all that" and have a hard time realizing it. I do think you work very hard at trying to portray that,though, so I give you credit.

What did I just say? LOL! Oatie has a unique skill set ,according to him, on most subjects. He has never mastered the definition of opinion vs. facts.

IT LOOKS LIKE BAD BAD LEROY BROWN AND HIS SIDEKICK HALLMARK GOT THIS RIGHT-------by accident, or by experience? I guess some would learn by now to understand that folks who have actual experience and knowledge usually have "facts" and experience which allows for an informed opinion.

I know.....modesty should have allowed me to say....by golly I got lucky again.....luck has nothing to do with it, and modesty would not pisz folks off as much......I love this place......bad bad bad Leroy Brown. Embarassed

Hallmarkgard

It was a "Slam Dunk" as some dude used to say. LOL

2seaoat

It was a "Slam Dunk" as some dude used to say. LOL

Yep, and you nailed it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All he had to do to get off is refuse to do the roadside test and refuse to do the breathalyzer. Because, without that, there is no evidence against him.
Damn, I wonder if you or I could beat a DUI charge by doing that? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He won't have to do those commercials anymore where he tells drivers if they drink that he won't help them. Because now they don't need any help after he's shown them how to beat the rap. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He also maintained sobriety while being filmed at the scene and while at the station.

2seaoat

He also maintained sobriety while being filmed at the scene and while at the station.

I guess the system works, but Bob beating the system.......in regard to maintaining his sobriety.......I am a betting man......I will take the police on that one. I hear they play in holding cells......Lord I was born a rambling man......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

On Wednesday, the State Attorney's Office wrote that that evidence alone was not enough to prove the DUI charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Assistant State Attorney Greg Marcille said that Maloney had not shown any signs of impairment during or after his arrest, and that witnesses had provided statements that Maloney had not been abusing alcohol.

It was also stated in the reports his driving pattern was normal....no weaving noted.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:On Wednesday, the State Attorney's Office wrote that that evidence alone was not enough to prove the DUI charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Assistant State Attorney Greg Marcille said that Maloney had not shown any signs of impairment during or after his arrest, and that witnesses had provided statements that Maloney had not been abusing alcohol.

It was also stated in the reports his driving pattern was normal....no weaving noted.

Shit maybe he wasn't drinking and should have been exhonerated of it.
If that's the case then it's not Maloney who's at fault but a cop who smells alcohol which isn't there.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Lord I was born a rambling man......

That's ramblin,  not "rambling". Elevator music doesn't use the g's.

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
And when it's time for leavin',
I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin' man.
Well my father was a gambler down in Georgia,
He wound up on the wrong end of a gun.
And I was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus
Rollin' down highway 41.
Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
And when it's time for leavin',
I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin' man.
I'm on my way to New Orleans this mornin',
Leaving out of Nashville, Tennessee,
They're always having a good time down on the bayou,
Lord, them Delta women think the world of me.
Lord, I was born a ramblin' man

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ramblin Man came after Duane died.  By 1973 Chuck Leavell had joined the band.  For many years Leavell was the keyboard player for both the Allman Brothers Band and the Rolling Stones.  Now that the Allmans are no more, Leavell is like a 5th member of the Stones.

Here's the backstory on the song...

"Ramblin' Man" was first created during songwriting sessions for Eat a Peach. An embryonic version, referring to a "ramblin' country man," can be heard on the bootleg The Gatlinburg Tapes, featuring the band jamming on an off-day in April 1971 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.[1] Betts continued to work on the song for a year, but the lyrics came together in as little as twenty minutes. "I wrote "Ramblin' Man" in Berry Oakley's kitchen [at the Big House] at about four in the morning. Everyone had gone to bed but I was sitting up," said Betts in 2014.[2] Trucks noted that the band acknowledged it was a good song but were reluctant to record it, as it sounded too country for them.[3] New member and keyboardist Chuck Leavell enjoyed the song, noting, "It's definitely in the direction of country but that didn't bother me in the least […] I think our attitude was, 'Let's take this thing and make it as great as we can."

And now listen to the music and especially pay attention to Chuck Leavell's piano playing.  He's as good a rock piano player as anyone ever in the genre...

2seaoat

Assuming the officer actually does smell an odor on the breath, what he is smelling is not ethyl alcohol but the flavoring in the beverage. And the flavoring can be deceptive as to the strength or amount consumed. Beer and wine, for example, are the least intoxicating drinks but will cause the strongest odor.

The oldest trick of a DUI defense lawyer is to cross examine after the State has put the officer on the stand and the officer testified he could smell alcohol. Officers are usually trained not to just say smell alcohol, but the defendant smelled like he had been drinking. The officer then on cross examination is not made to look foolish, rather he responds, I have made 80 dui arrests that have given drivers conviction for high BAC readings and there is a smell around someone who has been drinking which I recognize.......Juries and judges get that, but nobody smells alcohol.

2seaoat

I care as much about the history of the Elevator boyz as I do going to the dentist and getting a root canal.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Stick to law, seaoat. Art and culture is not your strong suit. lol

2seaoat

I would say that based on the hits on utube for the elevator boyz......it is not I who is out of phase with art and culture.....if it wasn't for the hits from the KKK meeting they probably would only have a few hits as they play their music in the background at one of their rallies.

A little over two million hits on Rambling Man( sorry I cannot help these folks got a public school Florida education and cannot spell), and somebody like that truth teller about southern man gets 15 million hits on old man.....yep the public is flocking to that elevator music.....even Southern man has a million more hits than Rambling Man, and that is not even a good song.....but folks get what southern rock was about......but I will defer to somebody whose politics and music is not so hateful for advice on art, culture, and music. This is what I like.......because I am not part of your redneck agenda....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:if it wasn't for the hits from the KKK meeting they probably would only have a few hits as they play their music in the background at one of their rallies.

A little over two million hits on Rambling Man ( sorry I cannot help these folks got a public school Florida education and cannot spell

Okay, let's see what wisdom today's "Seaoat's American Bandstand" brings us. lol

First, the records made by a hippie who said to Conan O'Obrien's audience "you tell me who's been a better President than Jimmy Carter", those records were all bought by KKK members. Because the KKK loved hippies and Jimmy Carter. lol

And secondly, if Dickey Betts is an ignorant uneducated redneck because he wrote it ramblin instead of rambling, then so are Robert Johnson, Son House and all the great originators of Delta blues which is one of the only two truly American forms of music. Which by the way was the main inspiration for Duane and Gregg Allman.
But since blues records are mainly only sold to Ku Klux Klan members, then I guess the whole thing has to be racist. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But somehow, no matter how I try to stretch my imagination, it's hard for me to accept that the music originated by southern rural African Americans is the preferred music of Ku Klux Klan members.
I know you're the world's foremost authority like Professor Irwin Corey, but I'm gonna have to get confirmation of that before I accept it as fact. lol

2seaoat

Music is politics........so if you think Trump was your main man because of your xenophobic fears, and you think in your bubble that Southern Rock was all about black music, I have some swamp to sell you. Do people try to invite all people to share music, or do they segment off and put up their confederate flags or clover leafs to let folks know that maybe "their" kind are not welcomed.........but this thread was about police wrongfully stopping another motorist, and Hallmark calling it correctly, and T in Heaven saying "hell yes that was a profile stop", and old Seaoat calling the balls and strikes correctly.....you should know by now.......being right is not an accident. Ask Dreams........she just vanished......like every other time I am ridiculed and attacked for knowing what I am talking about.........you should know by now to Kowtow at the temple of Seaoat.......bad bad Leroy brown.......as Hallmark said.....Slam Dunk.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  if you're not even aware that black music was of course the inspiration for Duane and Gregg Allman or that they outright worshipped it,  then you really are attempting to debate me on something you actually know nothing about.  It now would be really embarrasing for you to keep doubling down on this.  It's like watching Trump when he says something so obviously stupid and then when called on it he says the obviously stupid shit again,  only louder.  lol

And it wouldn't be anything I could even take seriously except all it does is continue to reveal your bigotry.  
Only because these individuals are a part of a musical genre which has the word "southern" in it's name,  and because of the color of their skin,  you have a bigoted stereotype of them.  I don't think you're a racial bigot because I don't believe you have these feelings about all caucasians.  But what you are is a bigot against a region of a country and you've created a stereotype for every caucasian who comes from that region.
For you, Jimmy Carter and David Duke are all the same person with the same ideas and the same stereotype just because they're white and come from the South.

2seaoat

The Animals and Eric were influenced by American music........that means nothing as to what your audience is about and what the politics of your music is.......as Slinger says.....reality.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The Animals and Eric were influenced by American music........that means nothing as to what your audience is about and what the politics of your music is.......as Slinger says.....reality.

Is that all you have left? A total non-sequitur?

Yes the Animals and Eric Burdon absolutely were influenced by the same music Duane and Gregg Allman were influenced by. So what in fuck does that tell you. That the Animals and Eric Burdon were racists too?
Are you trying to tell us your bigotry extends to ALL English speaking caucasians.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If we fast reverse back to before January,  at this point it would be about time for you to play the cancer card.
Won't work now,  seaoat. I have a cancer card as big as yours.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum