Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority"

+11
othershoe1030
2seaoat
knothead
EmeraldGhost
Markle
Floridatexan
polecat
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Wordslinger
boards of FL
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority" - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-m5-PCdfJxT0%2FT7BqVC88liI%2FAAAAAAAAGco%2FfeMfp8R6chE%2Fs1600%2Fchristian%252Bvs%252BIslam

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Paul the Apostle was a Roman citizen and each time the Jews tried to have him killed he appealed to that fact and they couldn't touch him....he wound up tried in Rome and beheaded but not before he spreading the gospel throughout Rome....you could say this government woman is doing the same thing before she's terminated by the state.....You guys are free to believe whatever slop sloshes around in your skull...afford us the same freedom.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Paul the Apostle was a Roman citizen and each time the Jews tried to have him killed he appealed to that fact and they couldn't touch him....he wound up tried in Rome and beheaded but not before he spreading the gospel throughout Rome....you could say this government woman is doing the same thing before she's terminated by the state.....You guys are free to believe whatever slop sloshes around in your skull...afford us the same freedom.

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuEaXgFBY4l8fRPd4m5svJN-ROUxXic39wCrUOfiRr8rMmKQFhCg

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Paul the Apostle was a Roman citizen and each time the Jews tried to have him killed he appealed to that fact and they couldn't touch him....he wound up tried in Rome and beheaded but not before he spreading the gospel throughout Rome....you could say this government woman is doing the same thing before she's terminated by the state.....You guys are free to believe whatever slop sloshes around in your skull...afford us the same freedom.

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuEaXgFBY4l8fRPd4m5svJN-ROUxXic39wCrUOfiRr8rMmKQFhCg

Equal rights to what?...get married? They don't need the state license to get married...it's just more pushing the freak envelope like all good little Bolsheviks do trying to destroy a country by revolution and class hatred.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Equal rights to what?...get married? They don't need the state license to get married...it's just more pushing the freak envelope like all good little Bolsheviks do trying to destroy a country by revolution and class hatred.

They need the state license or order to receive the benefits of marriage. Here again, if you don't know what you're talking about - which you clearly don't - why inject your opinion at all?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

They need the state license or order to receive the benefits of marriage.  Here again, if you don't know what you're talking about - which you clearly don't - why inject your opinion at all?

Oh so it's not love and marriage it's all about money and state sanction...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/marriage-clerk-cites-gods-authority-to-defy-federal-court/

'Red-eyed and shaking' homosexuals leave county office without license

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/marriage-clerk-cites-gods-authority-to-defy-federal-court/

Does that make you happy, T?

Does discrimination make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Salinsky wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/marriage-clerk-cites-gods-authority-to-defy-federal-court/

Does that make you happy, T?

Does discrimination make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

No I just like to see people stand up for their convictions.....it frustrates you Bolsheviks...

The govt shouldn't be providing any "benefit" to anyone's marriage. Record and arbitrator at dissolution is it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah not too many years ago the couple just wrote their names in a Bible and they were married.....this state BS is relatively recent. But follow the money...big business divorce, child custody, division of assets....

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:The govt shouldn't be providing any "benefit" to anyone's marriage. Record and arbitrator at dissolution is it.

Many companies offer health insurance for an employee's spouse.   Hospitals at times will only allow family visits.  Etc. Etc.

These are benefits to marriage that can only be obtained by way of a marriage license - which, unfortunately for humanity, many Americans still cannot obtain in the 21st century due to a population of people who have been indoctrinated into an incredibly immoral mythology that dates back to the bronze age.

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The govt shouldn't be providing any "benefit" to anyone's marriage. Record and arbitrator at dissolution is it.

Many companies offer health insurance for an employee's spouse.   Hospitals at times will only allow family visits.  Etc. Etc.

These are benefits to marriage that can only be obtained by way of a marriage license - which, unfortunately for humanity, many Americans still cannot obtain in the 21st century due to a population of people who have been indoctrinated into an incredibly immoral mythology that dates back to the bronze age.

Nature is immoral mythology now? Lol... you can marry your fucking dog for all I care... good luck getting benefits.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Many companies offer health insurance for an employee's spouse.   Hospitals at times will only allow family visits.  Etc.  Etc.  

Nature is immoral mythology now? Lol... you can marry your fucking dog for all I care... good luck getting benefits.

No.  Nature is not immoral mythology.  If that is the conclusion that you reached after reading my post, you're either functionally illiterate, stupid, or both.  The immoral mythology is obviously the religion that the people of the clerks office were indoctrinated into.

If you're not going to respond directly to my post, why quote me and then proceed to waste bandwidth at all?

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Many companies offer health insurance for an employee's spouse.   Hospitals at times will only allow family visits.  Etc.  Etc.  

No.  Nature is not immoral mythology.  If that is the conclusion that you reached after reading my post, you're either functionally illiterate, stupid, or both.  The immoral mythology is obviously the religion that the people of the clerks office were indoctrinated into.

If you're not going to respond directly to my post, why quote me and then proceed to waste bandwidth at all?

You took it that my objection was religious... It's you that must be slow.

Markle

Markle

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I did a little research on this lady.

She's been married four times. (funny, her Apostolic faith doesn't have a problem with that?)

She's not just denying to sign homosexual marriage licenses .... she's started denying all marriage licenses since this thing started getting news.  (I guess that's her idea of  being non-discriminatory?)

As an elected official ... County Clerk .... she's not so easy to remove from office.  It would take a recall election or impeachment by the State legislature.  

And .... get this .... she's a Democrat!  Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Salinsky wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Jail ? for what?   Authorize another clerk to issue the license and stop making a federal case out of it....You guys would force a Muslim to eat pork

Contempt of court, of course.

Duh ...

Then Obama is far overdue for arrest.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I didn't take anything as anything.   You misinterpreted my comment - either out of stupidity or intellectual dishonesty.  I merely pointed that out.

That said, have you anything to say directly in response to my comment or not?   You said that government should not provide benefit to anyone based on marriage.  I pointed out ways in which marriage is required in order to receive other benefits in the private sector.  This is now the point where you either acknowledge that, offer a counter argument, or do neither but still quote me and look like an idiot.

Should I put you down for the latter?  Of course.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:

Her fifteen minutes have expired.

She needs to go to jail now.

Her antics are more than embarrassing to me as a Kentuckian, in fact, she solidifies the narrative that the backwoods hillbilly attitudes are acceptable.  I know the Governor, Steve Beshear, we worked side by side as life guards at a state park in the summer of 1961, he is a good guy and I do hope he relieves her of duties for not doing her job. Same sex marriage? I don't get it but if challenged I have to confess they should be given the same (equal) treatment and John and Sally.

Note her long hair which is typical of evangelicals or maybe snake handlers?

Last edited by knothead on 9/1/2015, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

A true Christian will always follow the Book even if it means death.

I guess I will have to pass on trimming my beard......Leviticus 19:27

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

The pulled pork sandwich is probably not going to happen.....this death stuff and belief.....well Matthew 6 works for me....don't listen to the hypocrites.....god communicates directly....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This guy claimed to teach fair housing law.....heck....he does not even understand simple constitutional concepts....but I guess those part timers actually though you knew what you were talking about.

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I didn't take anything as anything.   You misinterpreted my comment - either out of stupidity or intellectual dishonesty.  I merely pointed that out.

That said, have you anything to say directly in response to my comment or not?   You said that government should not provide benefit to anyone based on marriage.  I pointed out ways in which marriage is required in order to receive other benefits in the private sector.  This is now the point where you either acknowledge that, offer a counter argument, or do neither but still quote me and look like an idiot.

You want to use the govt to force private companies to provide marriage benefits to homosexuals... I see similarities between that and using religion to deny govt protections/rights or special privileges like tax breaks for marriage, kids, inheritance... etc. Y'all can all pound sand. Hence my desire to remove govt benefits. The sooner the govt doesn't take gender, race, wealth... etc into account the sooner we can actually have equal opportunity. Everytime the govt is endowed with the power to "fix" a perceived/subjective social problem... you can bet for damn sure it will be used for solutions you eventually won't agree with. You're part of the problem... certainly not a sustainable solution. Humans don't need to be socially engineered and domesticated... we evolve naturally and become enlightened as we do. Ya frickin nazis.

Last edited by PkrBum on 9/1/2015, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:A true Christian will always follow the Book even if it means death.

I guess I will have to pass on trimming my beard......Leviticus 19:27

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

The pulled pork sandwich is probably not going to happen.....this death stuff and belief.....well Matthew 6 works for me....don't listen to the hypocrites.....god communicates directly....

This guy claimed to teach fair housing law.....heck....he does not even understand simple constitutional concepts....but I guess those part timers actually though you knew what you were talking about.

What would you like to know about Fair Housing Law?

You dropped out of real estate right? To tough for you?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You want to use the govt to force private companies to provide marriage benefits to homosexuals... I see similarities between that and using religion to deny govt protections/rights or special privileges like tax breaks for marriage, kids, inheritance... etc. Y'all can all pound sand.  Hence my desire to remove govt benefits. The sooner the govt doesn't take gender, race, wealth... etc into account the sooner we can actually have equal opportunity. Everytime the govt is endowed with the power to "fix" a perceived/subjective  social problem... you can bet for damn sure  it will be used for solutions you eventually won't agree with. You're part of the problem... certainly not a sustainable solution. Humans don't need to be socially engineered and domesticated... we evolve naturally and become enlightened as we do. Ya frickin nazis.

One more time for PkrBum.  I'm not talking about government benefits.  I'm talking about basic conveniences that come about as a result of being married.   And I'm pretty sure I made that plainly obvious from my comments.  

Let's say that the ECUA bill is in my wife's name and I need to make an inquiry.  I'll have access to that since I am the spouse of the person whose name is on the account.  Let's say my wife is in the hospital and I want to visit during hours where only family members are allowed to visit.  There again, I'll have access since my wife and I are legally married.

These are basic conveniences that come about when two people agree to marry and essentially become a single legal entity of sorts.  If someone was unfortunate enough to be indoctrinated into a hateful, ignorant mythology that is based on scripture that says gay people are some sort of evil abomination, they are free to continue believing that all they like.  But they cannot force the rest of society to live under that baseless doctrine.

Regarding your comment that "the sooner the government doesn't take gender, race, wealth....",  the government previously favored heterosexuals in the context of marriage.  This is precisely the issue that you're complaining about.  Today, on the other hand, government no longer views people through lens of sexuality and instead affords both hetero and homosexuals the ability to take part in marriage.  

To those of us with a sense of morals and an interest in advancing society, this is a good thing.  To those who were indoctrinated into hate and immorality based upon blind faith, this is reason to defy court rulings and oppress others under "god's authority".  And to high school libertarians, this is an excuse to inject ignorant complaint the state into political discussions about gay marriage.

boards of FL wrote:

Let's say that the ECUA bill is in my wife's name and I need to make an inquiry.  I'll have access to that since I am the spouse of the person whose name is on the account.  Let's say my wife is in the hospital and I want to visit during hours where only family members are allowed to visit.  There again, I'll have access since my wife and I are legally married.

Au contraire, Boards.  On more than one occasion, as a married couple, we have had to declare who could have access to the account if it was in my name or his name alone.  This, coming after I tried to discuss a bill - cable company I think - and found that I could not have any say on the account as it was in his name. When giving consent to another person to access the account it was no matter if married or not.  I have access to my mother's accounts simply because she has authorized me on the accounts.

Last edited by SheWrites on 9/2/2015, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum