Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority"

+11
othershoe1030
2seaoat
knothead
EmeraldGhost
Markle
Floridatexan
polecat
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Wordslinger
boards of FL
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

2seaoat

in your case the employer would most likely not be obliged due to the image the employer wanted to convey in the wearing of specific clothing,ie,uniforms.

Your statement is exactly opposite of the law. It is old law, but let me help you with a recent case. Please read it and see if you can understand the mistake of your above statement.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/01/us-usa-court-scarf-idUSKBN0OH2NW20150601

Note that you and judge Thomas agree.....not very good company.

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:Seeing as how she probably eschews alcohol due to her Apostolic pentecostal church affiliation ... if Kim Davis were a flight attendant would/could a Federal Judge order her to serve alcohol as the other flight attendants are required by their employer to do?

Go to bed, Skippy.

Aren't you tired of being wrong all day?

2seaoat

Go to bed, Skippy.

“To make mistakes or be wrong is human. To admit those mistakes shows you have the ability to learn, and are growing wiser.”
― Donald L. Hicks, Look into the stillness

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I buy most of my alcoholic beverages from a Muslim. He doesn't drink, but that is his choice. But he has no qualms about selling it. The Muslims I know (including my sister-in-law) do not tend to pass judgement, but to live and let live. The choices you make for yourself are your business...until you start trying to make decisions for other people. I find it unbelievable that people who rail against Muslims don't see that they are espousing the exact same thing with "Christian" principles. Religion does not supersede secular law. The "rules" of dead people do not triumph over the laws governing the living.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Reminds me ... I better run out & get some beer. Sunday is only an hour away here in Santa Rosa County, FL Rolling Eyes

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

EmeraldGhost wrote:Reminds me ... I better run out & get some beer.   Sunday is only an hour away here in Santa Rosa County, FL Rolling Eyes

Now that's a silly law.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:
Go to bed, Skippy.

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority" - Page 9 601519

(I could have just quoted Rosseau ... but I liked this one better)

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:in your case the employer would most likely not be obliged due to the image the employer wanted to convey in the wearing of specific clothing,ie,uniforms.

Your statement is exactly opposite of the law.  It is old law, but let me help you with a recent case.  Please read it and see if you can understand the mistake of your above statement.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/01/us-usa-court-scarf-idUSKBN0OH2NW20150601

Note that you and judge Thomas agree.....not very good company.

It's not over yet, Oatie. I read that case and the EEOC criteria also says an employer is entitled to an image they want to project. Let's see if Abercrombie is successful w/ their hardship defense.

2seaoat

It's not over yet, Oatie. I read that case and the EEOC criteria also says an employer is entitled to an image they want to project. Let's see if Abercrombie is successful w/ their hardship defense.

There is 30 years of Supreme Court cases which have been clear and consistent....you do not get 8-1 decisions on unsettled law. A simple thank you Seaoat for correcting my misunderstanding would be nice once and awhile. It would show you are trying to learn.

Vikingwoman

A simple "I was wrong" on your part on many of your opinions would go a long way on your credibility. You can't teach anybody anything when you're unable to learn yourself.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:Reminds me ... I better run out & get some beer.   Sunday is only an hour away here in Santa Rosa County, FL Rolling Eyes

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue. Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches. Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists? The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible). What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone. And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution. I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue. Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches. Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists? The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible). What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone. And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution. I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...

Good... I don't want any group using the govt to enforce their subjective beliefs on society.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue.  Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches.  Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists?  The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible).  What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone.  And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution.  I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...  

Good... I don't want any group using the govt to enforce their subjective beliefs on society.

Thank you, we agree again!! Glad to see you get what I've been driving at about being forced to obey someone elses' religion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Santa Rosa is two different counties, wordslinger.

The part of the county you live in is not the same county as Milton and Pace.
Milton/Pace is a bastion of Christian evangelicals and Christian fundamentalism.
Remember, that's where high school principals try to put prayer in the schools.
And where the only radio station, which is billed as "news/talk" format, is actually something akin to radio evangelism because the station's owner, hosts and callers are mostly all evangelical Christians proselytizing Christian evangelism and fundamentalism.

I wish you well with your endeavor but I think you'll face an uphill battle. lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:Santa Rosa is two different counties,  wordslinger.

The part of the county you live in is not the same county as Milton and Pace.
Milton/Pace is a bastion of Christian evangelicals and Christian fundamentalism.
Remember,  that's where high school principals try to put prayer in the schools.
And where the only radio station,  which is billed as "news/talk" format,  is actually something akin to radio evangelism because the station's owner,  hosts and callers are mostly all evangelical Christians proselytizing Christian evangelism and fundamentalism.

I wish you well with your endeavor but I think you'll face an uphill battle.  lol

SRC north of I-10 is known by some as "Lower Alabama"

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Good I can live in Alabama and not pay state tax.....I like it here...in LA

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Good I can live in Alabama and not pay state tax.....I like it here...in LA

Ummmm ... don't know what you're talking about . Alabama & Louisiana both have State income taxes

Santa Rosa County is in FL ... just below the AL state line. No State income tax here.

Cheaper property tax in Florida than Louisiana too. Alabama, OTOH does have a bit lower property tax than FL though.] (or do you own your own home?)

I analyzed the entire tax situation in many States prior to my retirement ... which State is the cheapest depends on one's personal financial & life situation. Florida works pretty good for me personally. Also ... you have to consider what you get for your tax money in the various States.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

EmeraldGhost wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Good I can live in Alabama and not pay state tax.....I like it here...in LA

Ummmm ... don't know what you're talking about .  Alabama & Louisiana both have State income taxes

Santa Rosa County is in FL ... just below the AL state line.  No State income tax here.  

Cheaper property tax in Florida than Louisiana too.  Alabama, OTOH does have a bit lower property tax than FL though.]   (or do you own your own home?)  

I analyzed the entire tax situation in many States prior to my retirement ... which State is the cheapest depends on one's personal financial & life situation.   Florida works pretty good for me personally.  Also ... you have to consider what you get for your tax money in the various States.  

It was not serious ..I live in Milton but like Alabama better than Florida so I claim this part of the Panhandle for Alabama ....I mean look at all the crazies in Florida....not a day goes by someone doesn't do something stupid in Florida....

I paid taxes in Louisiana in Lake Charles but they gave me great service....and the taxes weren't that bad. I was remodeling a house and they hauled off a ton of stuff for free.....also fixed a drainage problem...free....

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I paid taxes in Louisiana in Lake Charles but they gave me great service....and the taxes weren't that bad. I was remodeling a house and they hauled off a ton of stuff for free.....also fixed a drainage problem...free....

Free is not cheap, comrade.

Damn ...

... being a glibertarian is EASY.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sure free is easy you just get the Democrats to rob the productive people at gun point and hand you their money...FREE...easy...

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue.  Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches.  Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists?  The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible).  What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone.  And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution.  I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...  

County alcohol sales are a direct representation of the voters. IF you don't like it, get up a coalition of folks to vote your way. That's all ya gotta do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

SRC north of I-10 is known by some as "Lower Alabama"

Yea but that "wall" (I-10) is like the southern U.S. border. It's an "open" border.
And those rednecks are all the time infiltrating into the city. And sometimes I go up there to get the catfish (which is better than anything here in the city).

Maybe we can convince President Trump to build an actual wall between us and them. Hell that would be only a piddling 15 miles long. And maybe he can get the rednecks in Milton and Pace to pay for it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For those unfamiliar with the place named in the forum title (and from many posts it does appear there are some posting); here's a weird little twist to Milton/Pace.

Yes, it is indeed as redneck as it gets, but that is far from being it's whole story.
Kinda like in the city, other things have contributed to the personality of the place.
It's also the place which trains Navy helicopter pilots. And that has brought in an entirely different culture.
Then there's the manufacturing plants which are polluting up the bays. They often bring in the actual enemy, the dreaded "yankees".

So to some degree, it's also a melting pot. FAR different than a comparable area adjacent to say Montgomery, or Columbus, or other places in the southeast.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute,  I forgot.  Both Montgomery and Columbus have military installations beside them.  Damn,  as I think about it,  so does just about every town in the south.  Even Meridian MS,  250 miles from the coast,  has a Naval Air Station like we do.  lol
I wonder how that happened. lol

2seaoat

I wonder how that happened. lol

Southern Democrats bringing home the bacon with key committee chairmanships between the World Wars. I am going to admit I have been wrong about one major tenet of what I thought President Obama would do. I thought he would make drastic base reductions in red states. I am honestly shocked. A Chicago democrat who is not doing things the Chicago way. I thought he was going to do base consolidations based on politics. I guess the President really is the real deal working for what is best for America. I would have made massive cuts in bases and pushed for consolidation which would have gotten me to a balanced budget by the time I left office.....He really is a boy scout.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum