Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority"

+11
othershoe1030
2seaoat
knothead
EmeraldGhost
Markle
Floridatexan
polecat
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Wordslinger
boards of FL
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well we have to start with your premise.  That it's exclusively a southern or "dixiecrat" thing to have military bases be the stimulant for local economies.
Nah,  that happens all over the country.
That's mainly all a Congress thing.  And seniority in Congress (which is what mostly determines all this shit) is not limited to southerners.
But of course,  you and sal and bds are all convinced that the most evil and undemocratic thing that's ever been proposed would be to put term limits on that same seniority system.

2seaoat

No it is mostly a southern thing going back when the Dixiecrats were Democrats and always brought home the bacon........They have basically closed all bases in Illinois except Great Lakes training facility. Iowa and Wisconsin virtually nothing other than local armories. It is a Southern thing based on the old Democrat machine politics of the deal....well until they began desegregating.....then the old machine fell apart, and now it just makes sense to promote war against anybody......war welfare works as well as any other.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:Reminds me ... I better run out & get some beer.   Sunday is only an hour away here in Santa Rosa County, FL Rolling Eyes

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue.  Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches.  Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists?  The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible).  What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone.  And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution.  I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...  

County alcohol sales are a direct representation of the voters. IF you don't like it, get up a coalition of folks to vote your way. That's all ya gotta do.

I don't give a shit how many Santa Rosa Christian fundamentalist assholes voted to keep alcohol sales banned on Sunday (they didn't, actually, it's the County Commission who sets the rule), NOBODY in the United States has the right to impose their religious values on anyone else. Not even you War Hero ... LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No it is mostly a southern thing going back when the Dixiecrats were Democrats and always brought home the bacon........They have basically closed all bases in Illinois except Great Lakes training facility.  Iowa and Wisconsin virtually nothing other than local armories.  It is a Southern thing based on the old Democrat machine politics of the deal....well until they began desegregating.....then the old machine fell apart, and now it just makes sense to promote war against anybody......war welfare works as well as any other.

Well even if IT IS mostly a southern and dixiecrat thing,  then that's even more reason to end this "endless career" seniority system in Congress.
But as I said,  you and sal and bds will always fight the only way to change that, which is term limits.
We have met the enemy,  and it's you.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:For those unfamiliar with the place named in the forum title (and from many posts it does appear there are some posting);  here's a weird little twist to Milton/Pace.

Yes,  it is indeed as redneck as it gets,  but that is far from being it's whole story.
Kinda like in the city,  other things have contributed to the personality of the place.
It's also the place which trains Navy helicopter pilots.  And that has brought in an entirely different culture.  
Then there's the manufacturing plants which are polluting up the bays.  They often bring in the actual enemy,  the dreaded "yankees".

So to some degree,  it's also a melting pot.  FAR different than a comparable area adjacent to say Montgomery,  or Columbus,  or other places in the southeast.  

Actually, the part of Pace  I live in (north of 90 up Woodbine & Chumuckla to 5 points) is more of a white-flight bedroom community of Pensacola ... and some military.   Darn few "rednecks" in my gated subdivision .... half or more of my neighbors are not even from anywhere near the panhandle region.   We chose the area for proximity to UWF, low-crime, & resale. (We lived on Navarre Beach when we first moved here a few years ago, bet needed to be closer to UWF)

2seaoat

which is term limits

Term limits starts with the proposition that competency and experience do not matter in government work. Therein is your central tenet which requires an IQ of 100 to realize each election is a term limit. You cannot handicap stupidity and yes we have met the enemy.....unadulterated stupidity under the guise of half wits who think that good government is something you find in a cracker jack box.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:Reminds me ... I better run out & get some beer.   Sunday is only an hour away here in Santa Rosa County, FL Rolling Eyes

Now that's a silly law.  

I've been thinking of bringing suit against the County on this issue.  Denying alcohol sales in Santa Rosa County on Sunday is clearly an accommodation to Christian churches.  Why should I be punished from buying a bottle of wine, just to satisfy some weird idea of Christian fundamentalists?  The issue of alcohol sales on Sunday appears nowhere in the Bible).  What's really happening here, is that government is forcing a Christian religious concept on everyone.  And that, dear friends, IS a violation of the Constitution.  I think I'll write the ACLU on this ...  

County alcohol sales are a direct representation of the voters. IF you don't like it, get up a coalition of folks to vote your way. That's all ya gotta do.

I don't give a shit how many Santa Rosa Christian fundamentalist assholes voted to keep alcohol sales banned on Sunday (they didn't, actually, it's the County Commission who sets the rule), NOBODY in the United States has the right to impose their religious values on anyone else.  Not even you War Hero ... LOL

Nor do you or any of the other Heathens here have the right to impose your religious values on anyone else.

Last edited by Markle on 9/8/2015, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:which is term limits

Term limits starts with the proposition that competency and experience do not matter in government work.   Therein is your central tenet which requires an IQ of 100 to realize each election is a term limit.  You cannot handicap stupidity and yes we have met the enemy.....unadulterated stupidity under the guise of half wits who think that good government is something you find in a cracker jack box.

Ah, finally we agree on something. I disagree with term limits as well.

(Of course, I think I could manage to argue my position on that without being nasty.)

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Now that's a silly law.  

Instead of that, maybe you should go to an AA meeting? Sounds like you're pretty desperate....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

Term limits starts with the proposition that competency and experience do not matter in government work.   Therein is your central tenet which requires an IQ of 100 to realize each election is a term limit.  You cannot handicap stupidity and yes we have met the enemy.....unadulterated stupidity under the guise of half wits who think that good government is something you find in a cracker jack box.

Ah, finally we agree on something.  I disagree with term limits as well.

This is the 48 years of "competency and experience" in government that seaoat loves so much...

http://scmidnightflyer.com/strom.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And to replace that 48 years of "competency and experience", we now have this 21 years of "competency and experience" and we can look forward to many more years of it..

Despite recent Supreme Court ruling, the religious continue to oppress the LGBT community under "god's authority" - Page 10 Lindseyinyourface

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum