Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Confederate Flag and Southern Sensibilities ....

+6
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Sal
Hospital Bob
EmeraldGhost
Wordslinger
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Eric Clapton #55

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And then the legend which inspired so much of what came after him,  Howlin Wolf #54.   And FINALLY,  the elevator music comes in at 53.
53rd out of the tens of thousands of musicians and musical groups who have played and recorded modern popular music.

Seaoat,  I thought you were an expert on the law.  Don't you know to never come into the courtroom not knowing the answer.  Hell I'm just a dumb old dog whistler and I know that.

2seaoat

I did not make the list.   I would have moved Petty higher, the Grateful Dead higher, Cream higher, and dropped the elevator music boyz down to Lingerie......the confederate flag only confirmed that the elevator should have been going to the lingerie department which traditionally was in the basement of big city multi story department stores.   Yep......the elevator music bros were certainly going down to lingerie.........Cher and Gregg sums it up for me.....dopey. 

Your central tenet that having a black man on the stage with the dullards was a breakthrough.....you are correct....from Jim Crow separatist to your prideful dog whistle blowers who defined "Southern Rock" which of course needed that confederate flag.......tokenism a core requirement of dog whistlers who argue we live in a color blind society........lingerie baby....lingerie.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  your lunacy sure makes for strange bedfellows.  

Because of your ignorance about all this,  you aren't even aware that the same right-wingers and racists you so despise are lockstep in agreement with you about the Allman Brothers.  And you wouldn't even know why and I probably should just let you stay ignorant about it.  But it's just so bizarre to read your posts on this that I'm gonna educate you anyway.

The reason the right-wingers and racists are in bed with you on this is because the Allman Brothers played a very significant role in getting Jimmy Carter elected president.  And the reason THEY don't like the Allman Brothers is because Jimmy Carter was a symbol of a new South and was a Southerner who didn't go along with all that same bigotry and southern cracker culture you so dislike.  They've now of course labeled him "the worst president ever".  And mainly because he didn't cowtow to their stupidity.

So you just go on ahead with your ignorance and keep on agreeing with your enemies about the Allman Brothers.  I find it to be so entertaining to read all this ignorant shit you keep spewing.

Now we have lingerie with the dog whistle?

Still confused unless Oats dresses up his pets in lingerie??? But that's his business.

The South is the birthplace of great music. Done deal. Keep the politics out of it, Seaoat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

The South is the birthplace of great music.  Done deal.  Keep the politics out of it, Seaoat.

Well see that's what's so ironic about what seaoat keeps telling us.  When he DOES introduce politics into it,  he's so unbelievably ignorant about it all that he gets it completely ass backwards.  That was no exaggeration when I said the Allmans played a crucial role in getting Jimmy Carter elected.  The fact that they had developed such a close relationship with Carter and then campaigned so hard to help him get the nomination was as important to him as anything.  Carter himself has said that.  And they were the very first people he invited to have dinner at the White House after he moved in.

Of course I imagine now that he's learned this,  seaoat will try to tell us Jimmy Carter was a dog-whistler and a symbol of racism too.  He has a tendency to dig himself deeper into the hole whenever we call bullshit on him.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is for you, SheWrites. Seaoat is now off somewhere figuring out how to turn Jimmy Carter into a racist too. And besides, even if Seaoat watched it he would never be able to get past Allman's thick southern accent. That's all seaoat would get out of this. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum