Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag?

+5
TEOTWAWKI
nadalfan
Markle
gatorfan
Sal
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

It's because it represents everything the modern day American conservative movement represents.

Neo-Confederacy.

If the flag is the banner of a corrupt, irredeemable, and ultimately doomed ideology, then so too is the modern day American conservative movement corrupt, irredeemable, and doomed.

Just think about it.

The flag represents distrust and disunion from the federal government.

It represents disdain for cultural elitism and intellectualism.

It represents hatred for immigrants and minorities and simmering rage at the perceived loss of White Privilege.

It represents a specific fundamentalist version of Christianity that is threatened by all non-believers.

It represents resistance to progress and reactionary politics.

It represents a patriarchal society that subjugates women.

These are the things that the confederate flag represents.

These are the things that the modern day American conservative movement represents.

No wonder they're squirming.

gatorfan

Why are liberals so exercised about it?

It's a piece of cloth that has no more meaning to me as a moderate than a Nazi swastika. I'm sure most "conservatives" could care less too.

It's just liberals faux cause du jour because you like to keep things stirred up and have no real solutions.

Do you honestly think removing a piece of cloth will have any effect on the root causes of racism in this country?

Sal wrote:It's because it represents everything the modern day American conservative movement represents.

Neo-Confederacy.

If the flag is the banner of a corrupt, irredeemable, and ultimately doomed ideology, then so too is the modern day American conservative movement corrupt, irredeemable, and doomed.

Just think about it.

The flag represents distrust and disunion from the federal government.

It represents disdain for cultural elitism and intellectualism.

It represents hatred for immigrants and minorities and simmering rage at the perceived loss of White Privilege.

It represents a specific fundamentalist version of Christianity that is threatened by all non-believers.

It represents resistance to progress and reactionary politics.

It represents a patriarchal society that subjugates women.

These are the things that the confederate flag represents.

These are the things that the modern day American conservative movement represents.

No wonder they're squirming.

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVav5D5TiQbOMQZM_-2ZPuzj0tLLuTNd-t-qFg3-yo6WCZuwi8hQ

Why doesn't the government lead by example and rid itself of all those instruments of destruction and hate, along with any representations of such, from all governmental grounds and monuments?

Could it be their intellectualism is really just elitism?..... I think so.

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9c10xmVCI

Smile

Markle

Markle

gatorfan wrote:Why are liberals so exercised about it?

It's a piece of cloth that has no more meaning to me as a moderate than a Nazi swastika. I'm sure most "conservatives" could care less too.

It's just liberals faux cause du jour because you like to keep things stirred up and have no real solutions.

Do you honestly think removing a piece of cloth will have any effect on the root causes of racism in this country?

Today semi-retired President Obama sees this as another crisis of which he can work to his advantage.

Progressives don't care a flip one way or the other, as proven by the change in sides of the issue taken by semi-retired President Obama and Hillary Clinton.  I don't expect them to have an core values which would prevent them for changing sides on the issue so as to best benefit themselves.

nadalfan

Don't be shortsighted. I think removing that piece of cloth is symbolic. The simple recognition that it is offensive to many, but more importantly it represents a recognition or awakening for some of a more embedded attitude toward blacks. Liberals, for the most part, already recognized it's existence. That some still don't recognize racism in our society is what baffles people like me; we want to see it recognized and addressed. It's not stirring the pot. In order to solve a problem, we have to acknowledge it exists. Until everyone does, it will remain a political issue instead of a human issue.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? More+walmartians+7

I find Walmartians offensive but I can't remove them. They have a right of free expression....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Skinheads

I don't like skinheads but they have a right to free expression.....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.academic.ru%2Fpictures%2Fenwiki%2F66%2FBattleOfChancellorsvilleReenactment

Finally someone I can remove free speech from...those danged old civil war reenactors.

boards of FL

boards of FL

nadalfan wrote:

Don't  be shortsighted.  I think removing that piece of cloth is symbolic.  The simple recognition that it is offensive to many, but more importantly it represents a recognition or awakening for some of a more embedded attitude toward blacks.  Liberals, for the most part, already recognized it's existence.  That some still don't recognize racism in our society is what baffles people like me; we want to see it recognized and addressed.  It's not stirring the pot.  In order to solve a problem, we have to acknowledge it exists.  Until everyone does, it will remain a political issue instead of a human issue.

Well said!

nadalfan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? More+walmartians+7

I find Walmartians offensive but I can't remove them. They have a right of free expression....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Skinheads

I don't like skinheads but they have a right to free expression.....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.academic.ru%2Fpictures%2Fenwiki%2F66%2FBattleOfChancellorsvilleReenactment

Finally someone I can remove free speech from...those danged old civil war reenactors.

You can celebrate your flag all you want. You can reenact those battles if you want. You can join a hate group if you want...nobody is advocating taking those rights away.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Inbreddumbass

http://wonkette.com/589343/confederates-mourn-as-flags-quietly-secede-from-poles-license-plates

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well I can imagine that most of the posters here are Walmartians so at least you put it out there for all to see how you believe in the 1st amendment...
Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FoKD4HoK08oY%2Fmaxresdefault]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Inbreddumbass

http://wonkette.com/589343/confederates-mourn-as-flags-quietly-secede-from-poles-license-plates

Flotex I think we already knew that about you but thanks for clarifying !

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

"You can celebrate your flag all you want. You can reenact those battles if you want. You can join a hate group if you want...nobody is advocating taking those rights away."

BOO yankee aggressors.....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmidweekwire.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F04%2Fcourtesy-of-nesh-civil-war-reenactment

Yea!  Southern freedom fighters....

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandlakebusinessjournal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F06%2F800px-Civil_war_reenactment_1

2seaoat

Yes

The root cause of racism in America is the mistaken belief that hate, prejudice, and fear can use the political process in America to subjugate minorities.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:

The root cause of racism in America is the mistaken belief that hate, prejudice, and fear can use the political process in America to subjugate minorities.

That's the MO of all progressives, using political means to accomplish what isn't reasonable to a sensible person.
Talk about using fear, well that is a two party thing one says ISIS is gonna get us the other says White supremacists are. Fear is just a rather big tool they all use on the sheeple.

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." — Robert A. Heinlein .

polecat

polecat

Why Are "Conservatives" So Defensive About the Confederate Flag? Slaves

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum