Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola Murderer to be Executed Tomorrow

+10
no stress
boards of FL
nadalfan
Hospital Bob
KarlRove
2seaoat
Sal
knothead
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

2seaoat

I'm starting to get the picture with this, seaoat. I think if I said the sun rises in the east, you'd find a way to spin that into it being something else. lol

I have been accused of the same since I was a child, but you seem to be avoiding Sal's straight forward and revealing question about choice. Answer his question and you might begin to understand what I have said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I used to believe we had a choice. My sexual preference was fixed at about 8 years old. I found out I liked women...maybe if I had been molested I would have fixated some other way..young minds are malleable.

Here's an interesting thing to consider.
We all now know about all the priests diddling the choir boys.
The question arises, were all those priests homosexuals from the beginning? Or, because of self-imposed abstinence, were some of them still in need of sexual release with another person and the only other persons available and safe (or at least so they thought) were the choir boys?
Same question can be asked about convicts. Were all the convicts who engage in homosexual acts, homosexuals before going to prison? I hardly think so.
And this helps explains seaoat's thing about the young boy scouts engaged in mutual masturbation. There are no girls in the boy scouts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:you seem to be avoiding Sal's straight forward and revealing question about choice.  Answer his question and you might begin to understand what I have said.

I replied to it best I know how right after he posted his question.
How did I avoid it? Or did you miss seeing my reply?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There was said to be an outbreak in the mining towns like San Francisco...back during the gold rush...Maybe outbreak is a poor choice of words...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Wait just a minute here, Bob.

You've said you're bisexual.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make it a matter of choice by nature?

I wasn't real clear about this question, seaoat, and I'm still not.
Why don't you put this question into your own words so I'll understand what you're getting at.

Pensacola Murderer to be Executed Tomorrow - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlWkjGl73zEzRP2FO9_-P-rqsyJHTcBhzBTP9to0qRLAhWja1eow

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ763bgw8Xc

Smile

2seaoat

I wasn't real clear about this question, seaoat, and I'm still not.
Why don't you put this question into your own words so I'll understand what you're getting at.

Not getting at anything. I could not pose a better question than Sal's question because he is asking you if your sexual partners are by choice. I have this vision of a Prius in the driveway with two front ends.....that is your orientation argument. My preference argument has you parking the car on monday facing the house and Friday facing the street, which would be a choice.

2seaoat

Interesting story discussing the same things we are discussing dealing with a sports figure.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/troy-aikman-being-gay-is-not-my-lifestyle/ar-AA8dgxG

Vikingwoman

I don't believe you can change who you're attracted to. Just like pedophiles who are attracted to children or men to women. Why don't you heterosexual men ask yourself if you can change your preference to men? Maybe then you would have an idea of choice.

2seaoat

I mostly agree. It really depends on adolescent experiences. I never participated in adolescent homosexual behavior. Could I have? maybe, but I simply did not. Am I attracted sexually to men, boys or children.....no, but I am sexually attracted to twenty something athletic women....always have been and when I did have sex it seemed to be right. However, what if my first sexual experience had been in a cabin with blankets around a bunk.....what if I really enjoyed the excitement and danger of sex with the same sex.....what if to the exclusion of women those adolescent experience led to learned behavior and desire? No human sexuality is not as simple as Bob tries to make it, nor is it simple choice without biological parameters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I wasn't real clear about this question, seaoat, and I'm still not.

Not getting at anything.  I could not pose a better question than Sal's question because he is asking you if your sexual partners are by choice.  I have this vision of a Prius in the driveway with two front ends.....that is your orientation argument.  My preference argument has you parking the car on monday facing the house and Friday facing the street, which would be a choice.

First I've ever heard of such a thing as a "preference argument".  lol
But at least now I understand where you're coming from.  You (and Sal) have asked me the big gotcha question.  Which is since I'm bisexual,  it all comes to a choice I make between either gender.  Got it.  lol

Nah.  It's no different than the abstinence question you already raised.
So here's how it goes.  
From the beginning,  I have always experienced sexual attraction to both males and females.  
Homosexuals and heterosexuals experience sexual attraction to only one of the two genders.  Bisexuals are attracted to both.
It's really that simple.  I don't have a choice in that.  And neither do you or Sal.

Now,  being a bisexual,  I do have a choice others don't have.  I can choose to engage in sexual activity with either gender,  that's correct.
So yes,  in that sense I do have a choice.
But if I make a choice between the two,  then all that means is I'm choosing to abstain from having sex with the other gender.  
I cannot,  however,  CHOOSE to turn off the sexual urges.  That's what matters in this and that's what the point is that I keep trying to get across to you.
All I can do is choose to abstain from one or the other.  Same as you can choose to abstain from your sexual urges.  And same as Sal or anyone else can do the same.
What is it about this you don't seem to understand and I'll try to help.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, bisexuals comprise only about 1.8% of the general population anyway. We are in a very small minority.
So whatever "choice" we have is not even applicable to the other 98%.

2seaoat

I can see your resistance to the word choice or preference.  I can see the abuse from bible thumpers who think they can cure that choice by offering alternative choices.  However, the use of preference is not the same as choice.  It assumes certain factors are in play which favors one choice or the other.  Today the biology of same sex attraction cannot easily be quantified in either genetic code or hormonal or chemical certainty, but most reasonable people of science do not discount those factors which feed preference.  I believe that all sexuality is on a scale which is not a zero sum game.  A person who is hetrosexual, but because of their biology is not that sexual at all.   I have friends who are married and they have never put much emphasis on sex in their lives......they also have wives who complain, but their hormonal levels simply do not make them very sexual and they have a low urge or appetite.   I have been just the opposite and only with age have the urges decreased.  So the idea that preference is locked by biology or genetics is only half the story.  Environment, culture, family, and biology all have input to preference.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I can see your resistance to the word choice or preference.  I can see the abuse from bible thumpers who think they can cure that choice by offering alternative choices.  

Well firstly,  whatever the bible thumpers believe is inconsequential to me.  No different than whatever the koran thumpers believe.

It's not that I'm "resistant" to the words choice or preference being applied here.  It's just that it isn't an accurate description.

Once again,  I have no choice in my sexual urges.  I am attracted sexually to both genders.  It's always been that way for me.  It was when I was in the 6th grade and it's still the case today.  I did not CHOOSE that for myself and,  with all due respect (not really) to Michelle Bachman and the muslims and all that ilk,  I cannot CHOOSE to make that not be so.

The only CHOICE I have is deciding how to act on that.  

Now we get to "preference".  I've already told you this but apparently you weren't paying attention so I'll repeat it again.  My "preference" is not bisexuality.  I would "prefer" to be heterosexual.  Why?  Because once again,  I would prefer to NOT be a part of a hated minority.  I would prefer to be able to confide what my sexual orientation is to EVERYONE I associate with without being disliked and shunned by some simply because of it.  You have always been able to do that in your life.  I have not.  And it's not a pleasant situation to be in.  
I realize you can't really understand that.  No one can unless you've personally experienced it.   But I would hope that you might at least try to comprehend what I'm trying to get across to you.

So it's neither a choice nor a preference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum