Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NIMBY whine

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 7:43 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:In my opinion, that ridiculous proposal was the SRIA trying to maintain relevance.  PB is pretty much built out, as I'm sure Seaoat knows.  It also means I'm definitely not anti-development.  I've been driving past that old plant 3 or 4 times a week lately...my daughter lives not far from there.  It's huge...looks bigger than Covenant Hospice, which is right up the road.  That thrift store is Loaves & Fishes...funds their soup kitchen and temporary lodging for the homeless under I-110...run by the former owner of Child's Restaurant...anyone remember that?  He often gave away food to people who couldn't afford to buy it...right down the block from what was then Levin, Warfield et al...(now Levin, Papantonio)  

It also probably means I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and can recognize flim-flam when I see it.

I remember, for instance, when they tore down the old San Carlos Hotel...had friends who worked on the federal building they built in its' place...the walls leaked.  When the old Bayfront Auditorium was demolished...and not replaced with another building.  When the Civic Center was built, and had acoustics issues.  When a large number of houses were demolished to clear the way for Gulf Power's bayfront offices...where a 5-star hotel should have been built.  When the City built their offices...when the ugly monstrosity of a courthouse went up.  This is an old city, and...well, you can only work with what you have...but, even though I'm told there's a master land use plan...couldn't prove it by some of the results we see.  Yes, there is a downtown revival, which would be even greater if they stopped trying to gouge people for parking...and actually   had implemented a comprehensive plan for the bayfront as a whole...if the port was considered an asset instead of a spoiler for commercial development, which it definitely is not...if...  

Must be the drugs you're on. another post with nothing to do with the thread. Is this your winning by diversion tactic?

77NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 8:05 pm

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:For what is worth .... The People in the North Hill preservation district have to take almost any renovation or repair before the Architectural Review board.
There have been heated arguments over color, shutter and window replacement.   Mob rule, I guess but you can not change the color of  your house with out approval from the board.

Continuing with Section 12-2-10; paragraph (4)(a) identifies a procedure for review: “All activities regulated by this subsection shall be subject to review and approval by the architectural review board as established in section 12-13-3.” Further, paragraph (c) discusses the submission of plans: “Every application for a building permit to erect, construct, demolish, renovate or alter an exterior of a building, sign or exterior site work (i.e., paving and landscaping), located or to be located in the North Hill Preservation District, shall be accompanied with plans for the proposed work pursuant to section 12-2-10(A)(4)(c) to (e), applicable to the Historic District.”

Do you have a point? If so, would you care to share it with us.

78NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 8:11 pm

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

LOL  You might learn to read....

Maren's Blog Dot Biz  Posted on top of the reply.  It refers to who wrote the article.  Maybe I should have stated that.  LOL

I still have my old Military  Stocker and Yale compass.  Maybe we could doing some compass Orienteering one day.
NIMBY whine - Page 4 Z

Neither of you can stick to a topic can you?

You have a compass?  Wow...I'm impressed.  Bet you can't even find, much less draw a piece of property from a metes and bounds legal description without printing it from your property records.

79NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 8:47 pm

You got me.  That is way to hard for almost any one except a realtor or a surveyor to do.  Next you would ask me if I knew about furlongs and rod and poles and such.  Of course not.  

Sorry if you are having trouble following this thread.

80NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 10:06 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:You got me.  That is way to hard for almost any one except a realtor or a surveyor to do.  Next you would ask me if I knew about furlongs and rod and poles and such.  Of course not.  

I didn't know what NIMBY was so I just stayed out of it LOL  Embarassed 

81NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/18/2014, 10:14 pm

Dot wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:You got me.  That is way to hard for almost any one except a realtor or a surveyor to do.  Next you would ask me if I knew about furlongs and rod and poles and such.  Of course not.  

I didn't know what NIMBY was so I just stayed out of it LOL  Embarassed 

Obviously, we dont know either.. LOL

82NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:02 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140321/NEWS01/303210018/Governor-s-SUV-blasts-siren-and-flashes-lights-to-pass-through-North-Hill-protesters

I talked with a resident of North Hill who doesn't live in the NHPD but does live near the old Coca Cola plant. He is irate. I don't blame him.

83NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:15 am

Breaking News.  LOL  Too bad Mr Oats but Mob rules.....

Melanie Nichols
Brian Spencer just called with the GREAT news! The State is NOT putting a Probation and Parole Center in North Hill! GO NIABY warriors!!!

WEAR ABC 3 News, Pensacola

Breaking news: Christina Leavenworth just found out the Parole/Probation office will NOT be moving into North Hill. The Secretary of the Dept. of Corrections says they will extend their lease at the current facility.

84NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:26 am

2seaoat

Went to WEAR web site and saw nothing.

85NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:31 am

2seaoat wrote:Went to WEAR web site and saw nothing.

Then it did not happen. LOL

86NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 12:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/new-details-paroleprobation-office-no-longer-set-north-hill-42653.shtml

Updated: Friday, March 21 2014, 10:52 AM CDT New developments about the probation and parole office that was set to open in the historic "North Hill" neighborhood in Pensacola. The secretary of the Department of Corrections says they will extend their lease at the current facility on North Davis Highway. That means the office will not be moving into the old "Coca Cola" building on North Palafox Street. Residents in that neighborhood have been protesting against the relocation. They were concerned because the office would have been near a playground, a high school, and many homes.

Read More at: http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/new-details-paroleprobation-office-no-longer-set-north-hill-42653.shtml

-------------------

87NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 12:26 pm

2seaoat

Now an empty historical building.....progress.

88NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:03 pm

2seaoat

Circuit Court Judge Gary Bergosh had ruled Wednesday that the proposed office was allowed under its current zoning, and that city officials had acted correctly in issuing permits for the building, according to the city’s statement.

So all the hype and panic to attack the mayor has backfired and the mayor looks like a hero. First, he was correct on the zoning, and second, he talked the governor into extending the lease which he will get all the credit. What will the political backstabbing snakes do now?

The property owner will sue the state. The state will seek another use for the building, but in the meantime a mob of folks instigated by politics took a totally lawful use of property and stole that owners rights........I envision a black person hanging from a tree behind the building in 1889 as the mob in great satisfaction won as the man dangles.....the hell with the law or what is right.....we just hung um.

89NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:07 pm

I would have thought the Gov would have called Mr Oats first Smile

Melanie Nichols
Governor Rick Scott just called me at work to tell me the news himself.....that the Department of Corrections has decided to renew their lease in their existing location and will not be moving to North Hill.
Our work is not complete yet.....we must keep working on what we promised -- that this should not, does not-- and CANNOT -- happen to ANY neighborhood in this City again. Our City's Planning and Inspections Departments, in addition to our City Council, must be able to read, comprehend, and enforce our City's Codes for all neighborhood

ps The Mayor was a No show at the meeting with the Gov at the fish House

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 3/21/2014, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

90NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:09 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Now an empty historical building.....progress.

The people have spoken, Seaoat. That's how it's supposed to work in a democracy. There are other uses for that building that are more in keeping with the zoning and the fact that there is an old, established, historical part of Pensacola near that proposed facility, where someone hastily erected a sign yesterday or the day before. News flash: Just because it's developed doesn't mean it's progress.

Oh, and the guv's limo apparently "bumped" someone...twice...in the crosswalk as it sped up and turned on the siren. I don't know if anyone filmed it...if not, too bad, but there were plenty of people there.

91NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:11 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hey, Seaoat...eff your private property rights if they infringe upon mine. I've got a better use for the hangman's noose...oh, song lyrics.

92NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:15 pm

2seaoat

Wrong Tex. A common run of the mill mob took the law into their own hands and took a completely lawful use of property and stole that man's property. That is why you are a Democrat and I will always remain a Republican. Our Bill of Rights had the fifth amendment. It protects our rights from government taking, but when a mob forms and ignores the law and takes a persons property rights, I consider the same a constitutional violation of the property owners rights........you declare that it is a victory for the people regardless of the law........and it was these same good people in the mob who would string up a black man in a lynching. This lynching was wrong.

93NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:22 pm

God Damn!!!  Because we opposed a Ass Hole developer and defended our rights, we are now one step away from lynching Blacks?  Gee-zus...

94NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:28 pm

2seaoat

When a mob takes the rights away from a property owner to legally use his or her property it is no different than a mob who strung someone up because they thought they were right and the victim was powerless against a mob, and the law could be thrown to the side and pure wrongful evil power prevails. Defend it any way you want, but I told you the use was legal and the court agreed, so the mob said the hell with the law and what is right.......we don't want no black felons in our neighborhood......yep defend it any way you want......it was wrong.

95NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:32 pm

You are a piss poor loser. What were your odds that the North hill group would fail?

96NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 1:46 pm

2seaoat

You are a piss poor loser. What were your odds that the North hill group would fail?

I have not lost a thing. I will continue to fight tyrants and those who want to take constitutional rights away from people. This was simply a silent I do not want black criminals walking near my neighborhood NIMBY group, and they bastardized the law to try to justify their hidden agenda. They hurt an innocent landowner who was taking great risks in not just putting a new buidling up for their needs, but rather was saving a historical building with a compatible use. This is why such a beautiful city will never reach its full potential. The acceptance of corruption and violation of the law is ok if you are part of the in crowd, downtown crowd, or now the North Hill group.......what a sad place. You think this is a victory for the North Hill group, but I argue that it a continual downward spiral for a City where petty political vindictiveness and mob mentality bring the city down to the level of the mob. I will fight tyrants and those who think our constitutional rights are privileges which can be taken away by "good" people.

97NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 2:44 pm

LOL Superman SeaOats!!!. Defender of Justice. If you feel so strongly about our issues, why not come down and join us? You might pick another line of work. Your input did not do shit on this one.

98NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 2:47 pm

I argue that it a continual downward spiral for a City where petty political vindictiveness and mob mentality bring the city down to the level of the mob

.I guess Studer and his Ball Park are really screwed?

99NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 2:48 pm

2seaoat

It is hardly over. The owner must now be compensated.

100NIMBY whine - Page 4 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 2:58 pm

Not a problem. Whats a few dollars? The Golden Goose of downtown fame has made up all rich. Haven't you noticed all the new development at the CMPA park?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum