Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NIMBY whine

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 12:49 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Maren's Blog Dot Biz

North Hill Residents...Share your Happiness with Gov. Scott Next Thursday
See below:

Please join Governor Rick Scott along with special guest Finance Co-Chairman Mike Fernandez for the Panhandle Finance Fly-In and Campaign Briefing on Thursday, March 20, 2014.  The event will be held at the The Fish House, 600 South Barracks Street, Pensacola, Florida at 8:30 a.m.

I believe some picket signs and chants at his re-election fund raiser may get his attention.
Make sure you call the TV and newspaper LOL to get the proper coverage.

52NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 12:55 am

2seaoat

Go ahead and encourage the most popular whine on the Gulf Coast.....Pensacola merlot..........an entire town of crybabies who think everything has to be a zero sum game.......win everything or it is considered a loss.......This use for this property is consistent with zoning and other uses on Palafox, but instead of pooling together and trying to come up with an economic development plan which the state must lead.....people are talking about picketing the fish house.......leadership starts by calling immature behavior for what it is, and not encouraging the tail to continually wag the dog.

53NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 5:58 am

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:Palafox is the East West boundary line.  120 West Morneo is 2 blocks from Palafox street. I pulled it from a zillow posting.  I should have used one from West not East Lee.  The Morneo house is very close  maybe 200 feet from the district line.

Is that like being almost pregnant?

Cute Try.

Now look at the subject property, that would be the old Coca Cola building with nothing but brick garages behind, chain link fences and parking around and a Thrift Shop across the street.

54NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 6:25 am

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:
920 N Baylen St, Pensacola, FL 32501   OK?  

NIMBY whine - Page 3 ISlutttxug8nd81000000000

For Sale: $449,900
Zestimate®: $415,349
Est. Mortgage:
$1,748/mo
See current rates on Zillow

Bedrooms:5 beds
   Bathrooms:2.5 baths
   Single Family:3,300 sq ft
   Lot:8,712 sqft
   Year Built:2003
   Last Sold:Apr 2005 for $419,000

Not even close.  This is 8-10 blocks South of the Subject Property and doesn't back up to Palafox.

That's the problem with GPS now, people can't read a map.

Like the Headline says.  Just a bunch of whiners about nothing.

55NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 8:30 am

My point is, that contrary  to your off site observations, the property is very close to a prestigious part of Pensacola. The citizens have a valid concern about what is placed in their area.  The up side to all this is that maybe this issue will keep people like you and Mr Oats from ever joining our community.  But any input into our local issues is appreciated.  

56NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 10:40 am

2seaoat

maybe this issue will keep people like you and Mr Oats from ever joining our community.

Stupid mob action which denies property owners the right to use their property at the highest and best use is exactly why people are running from Pensacola. People who invest almost 2 million in a historical building to utilize the same and not let it fall into disrepair like the miles of empty storefronts and business in Pensacola is met by this mob action which is mostly about trying to make the mayor look bad, and the collateral damage of this process will make it certain that other investors and job creators shun this parochial whinefest.

57NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 12:32 pm

no stress

no stress

Statistically speaking, probationers dont commit crimes in the backyard of their probation officers office. I know that most criminals don't have the IQ of a common salamander but I'm pretty sure that they are smart enough not to offend until they are well away from their supervisor. Secondly, I have been running calls in that neighborhood for years and I don't see how this relocation will affect the homeowners around there. I'm gonna have to side with oats on this one.

58NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 1:48 pm

LOL You aint no fun Mr Gunz. You done and went and sided with dem outsiders. I thought Leroy taught you better than that.

I just think it funny watching all the Assholes fight each other. I havent loss anything in North Hill.

But everyone is forgetting about the Golden Goose. Soon the Master will come solve the dilemma for us. Looks like a job for the folks at the Studer institute. LOL WWMA(What Would Molly Do)

59NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 1:57 pm

tThis process will make it certain that other investors and job creators shun this parochial whinefest.

Too bad you did not talk with Studer before he invested in our shit hole of a town LOL You are a funny man Mr Oats...

60NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 2:11 pm

2seaoat

Pensacola is a beautiful city. It has a wonderful blend of history and natural gifts which are unmatched by other cities. Yet, the whining that has gone on for the last decade is unprecedented. Hallmark, when you were in high school did you take whine 101, and was the class full?

As soon as somebody has a positive attitude, they are attacked. As soon as investments are made they are attacked. In the end, this use is consistent and proper. This is more of the spineless politics of backstabbing and positioning which would make a Chicago Alderman blush.

61NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 2:44 pm

no stress

no stress

For years I worked at 239 N. Spring. There was a probation office at Spring and Belmont across from the corner grocery. We never had problems with any of the visitors there. The only incident that I can think of was in June of 87 when my rookie class was in the backyard of the station and we heard a lady screaming across the street that someone had snatched her purse. 23 rookie firefighters chased that guy down and held him for the cops that day. The criminal was a young homeless guy that we had seen here and there in the area.

62NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 3:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gunz wrote:For years I worked at 239 N. Spring.  There was a probation office at Spring and Belmont across from the corner grocery.    We never had problems with any of the visitors there.   The only incident that I can think of was in June of 87 when my rookie class was in the backyard of the station and we heard a lady screaming across the street that someone had snatched her purse.   23 rookie firefighters chased that guy down and held him for the cops that day.   The criminal was a young homeless guy that we had seen here and there in the area.

lol! 

63NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 4:19 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm a former real estate agent and worked for several developers, both before I moved here and after...so I've been a part of numerous projects through the years in Pensacola and on Pensacola Beach. And my husband worked for several contractors, mainly on the beach, as a trim carpenter, including Mr. Studer's current home. Those projects that I was involved in included new construction and remodeling, single-family dwellings, condo conversions, etc. all over town, in Gulf Breeze, and on Pensacola Beach. You would recognize every one of them. So save your "whiner" rhetoric...and the fact that you're still a member of a dying party has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion...Seaoat.

64NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 5:08 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm a former real estate agent and worked for several developers, both before I moved here and after...so I've been a part of numerous projects through the years in Pensacola and on Pensacola Beach.  And my husband worked for several contractors, mainly on the beach, as a trim carpenter, including Mr. Studer's current home.  Those projects that I was involved in included new construction and remodeling, single-family dwellings, condo conversions, etc. all over town, in Gulf Breeze, and on Pensacola Beach.  You would recognize every one of them.  So save your "whiner" rhetoric...and the fact that you're still a member of a dying party has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion...Seaoat.

What does this have to do with the thread?

65NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 5:11 pm

2seaoat

It has everything to do with it. They actually discussed telling people what color they could paint their homes on PB.........you see until the early 1900s America did not have mob rule on property ownership. Private covenants controlled, and it was not a group of people trying to tell a person how to enjoy and utilize their property. If that person brought harm to other people, in those days and today a person could file a nuisance suit. However, instead of allowing common sense, which obviously the state and the city have used in selecting this site, the local politburo commission will impose their likes and dislikes on property ownership, and often to the point that they constructively condemn the property and take fundamental property rights away. The republican party used to stand for fundamental property rights which could not be infringed upon without fair compensation by government.

I have fought government regulation and over stepping by neighbors or special interests my whole life, and this is a classic NIMBY interference with a property owners right to use his property legally. It is shameful. Trying to argue a probation office is a correctional facility is the fodder for stupid people, who like the soviet union speak the loudest at the politburo commission as they decided how many cars to make and what crops to plant.......yes, common sense and the American way has been challenged across this country, but folks have had enough with our planned land use and development which has brought us cookie cutter homes, and strip malls. Let people use their property without unnecessary interference from the mob.

66NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 5:17 pm

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:Maren's Blog Dot Biz

North Hill Residents...Share your Happiness with Gov. Scott Next Thursday
See below:

Please join Governor Rick Scott along with special guest Finance Co-Chairman Mike Fernandez for the Panhandle Finance Fly-In and Campaign Briefing on Thursday, March 20, 2014.  The event will be held at the The Fish House, 600 South Barracks Street, Pensacola, Florida at 8:30 a.m.

I believe some picket signs and chants at his re-election fund raiser may get his attention.
Make sure you call the TV and newspaper to get the proper coverage.

You would do yourself good if you learned a bit about government. Maybe a course on map reading too?

Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

67NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 5:25 pm

2seaoat

I think the argument is that the state would renege on their lease with political pressure and choose another location. Fine behavior, where an innocent property owner is harmed by a mob.

68NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 6:06 pm

Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

LOL  You might learn to read....

Maren's Blog Dot Biz  Posted on top of the reply.  It refers to who wrote the article.  Maybe I should have stated that.  LOL

I still have my old Military  Stocker and Yale compass.  Maybe we could doing some compass Orienteering one day.
NIMBY whine - Page 3 Z

69NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 6:27 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

In my opinion, that ridiculous proposal was the SRIA trying to maintain relevance. PB is pretty much built out, as I'm sure Seaoat knows. It also means I'm definitely not anti-development. I've been driving past that old plant 3 or 4 times a week lately...my daughter lives not far from there. It's huge...looks bigger than Covenant Hospice, which is right up the road. That thrift store is Loaves & Fishes...funds their soup kitchen and temporary lodging for the homeless under I-110...run by the former owner of Child's Restaurant...anyone remember that? He often gave away food to people who couldn't afford to buy it...right down the block from what was then Levin, Warfield et al...(now Levin, Papantonio)

It also probably means I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and can recognize flim-flam when I see it.

I remember, for instance, when they tore down the old San Carlos Hotel...had friends who worked on the federal building they built in its' place...the walls leaked. When the old Bayfront Auditorium was demolished...and not replaced with another building. When the Civic Center was built, and had acoustics issues. When a large number of houses were demolished to clear the way for Gulf Power's bayfront offices...where a 5-star hotel should have been built. When the City built their offices...when the ugly monstrosity of a courthouse went up. This is an old city, and...well, you can only work with what you have...but, even though I'm told there's a master land use plan...couldn't prove it by some of the results we see. Yes, there is a downtown revival, which would be even greater if they stopped trying to gouge people for parking...and actually had implemented a comprehensive plan for the bayfront as a whole...if the port was considered an asset instead of a spoiler for commercial development, which it definitely is not...if...

70NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/15/2014, 6:54 pm

For what is worth .... The People in the North Hill preservation district have to take almost any renovation or repair before the Architectural Review board.
There have been heated arguments over color, shutter and window replacement. Mob rule, I guess but you can not change the color of your house with out approval from the board.

Continuing with Section 12-2-10; paragraph (4)(a) identifies a procedure for review: “All activities regulated by this subsection shall be subject to review and approval by the architectural review board as established in section 12-13-3.” Further, paragraph (c) discusses the submission of plans: “Every application for a building permit to erect, construct, demolish, renovate or alter an exterior of a building, sign or exterior site work (i.e., paving and landscaping), located or to be located in the North Hill Preservation District, shall be accompanied with plans for the proposed work pursuant to section 12-2-10(A)(4)(c) to (e), applicable to the Historic District.”

71NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/16/2014, 9:40 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It seems that no one was able to foresee a problem with the North Hill residents prior to approving and advancing this project...or, much more likely, just tried to sneak it through...to a stage that any opposition requires attorney involvement. Is it any wonder that people here are skeptical of "improvements"?

72NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/16/2014, 9:53 am

Mr Ichi wrote:Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

LOL  You might learn to read....

Maren's Blog Dot Biz  Posted on top of the reply.  It refers to who wrote the article.  Maybe I should have stated that.  LOL

I still have my old Military  Stocker and Yale compass.  Maybe we could doing some compass Orienteering one day.
NIMBY whine - Page 3 Z

No way dude, I just noticed the expiration date (LOL) on that piece you will use for land nav. I took those out of service the month they expired when I did aircrew flight equipment before my current job.

73NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/16/2014, 10:06 am

Actually mine is even older than that one. Mine has 190 Milli-curies of Radio Active hydrogen in it.  Radium for the dial.  I used it when I had my  Boy Scout troop.  Old but still works.  
NIMBY whine - Page 3 2884myc

74NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/16/2014, 10:11 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

190 millicuries is a lot of radiation ichi ..keep that thing in a lead box...LOL.

75NIMBY whine - Page 3 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/16/2014, 10:23 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:190 millicuries is a lot of radiation ichi ..keep that thing in a lead box...LOL.

I Think this is true. What say you?..........Hummmm can you say "VA disability case?" LOL

Radioactive hydrogen, or tritium, is capable of causing problems if it is ingested. The energy of tritium particles is low enough that they can be effectively blocked by very little, including a sheet of paper. The other thing to consider is that radioactive materials decay over time.The half-life of tritium is a little more than 12 years, so for each 12 years there has been a loss of 50% of the radioactivity. As a general rule, 10 half-lifes of decay makes materials non-radioactive. So, since it has not been 120 years since the material was produced for the container that your father had, it would be best to contact the local hazardous waste handler in your area or the health physics or radiation safety department at a local college or university.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum