Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NIMBY whine

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 3:25 pm

2seaoat

The problem is that you are tacitly condoning this unlawful behavior. Make a mob ruling on what the law is and get some tar and feathers for a developer who followed the law. This has nothing to do with Studer. This has everything to do with what is right. Thankfully the judge ruled correctly.

102NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 4:30 pm

Mr Head, Might have wished he had passed on this project.

Patti S.
Ready for this? I just spent about 15 minutes talking to a reporter from the Tampa Bay Tribune and he said there will be a story on the website tonight.
Like · · Share · about an hour ago

Patti S. I explained we are thankful to the Mayor and Governor but that questions remain about the lack of permitting file, what the D.O.C. asked for and what Mr. Head told the City. He didn't know about Nathan Head and I explained the information that was on the blog from Mareen(?) and told him about this page. So, hey there! Thanks for calling me!

103NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 4:34 pm

2seaoat

So know a developer with State contracts is going to be characterized as a bad guy because he has the ability to perform on State Contracts and the State has used him before. Wonderful, lets backtrack on all those wrong zoning conclusions, and simply try to make this man out as a bad guy.....yea that will work, and it will not show what this really was about.

104NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 10:35 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Wrong Tex.  A common run of the mill mob took the law into their own hands and took a completely lawful use of property and stole that man's property.  That is why you are a Democrat and I will always remain a Republican.  Our Bill of Rights had the fifth amendment.  It protects our rights from government taking, but when a mob forms and ignores the law and takes a persons property rights, I consider the same a constitutional violation of the property owners rights........you declare that it is a victory for the people regardless of the law........and it was these same good people in the mob who would string up a black man in a lynching.   This lynching was wrong.

Shut up with your stupid analogies. You are getting on my last nerve. The ZONING was incorrect. The City erred. The owner/builder didn't even bother to get a BUILDING PERMIT before starting construction. The residents' QUIET ENJOYMENT of their homes takes precedence over any possible use of this building other than the ones specifically allowed. The owner will have to find another use for the building. END. FINIS.

105NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 10:43 pm

2seaoat

Did you not read the paper where the Judge said the zoning and complied with the ordinance? Exactly, what I said from the get go. The people in a mob took away a property right from a land owner and tortiously interfered with his contract. I would love a lawyer outside the area to stick the historical district with a two million dollar verdict. A bunch of people really do not want black people walking in their neighborhood lynched this landowner.........that is just fine with your democratic party which has no problem taking property rights away as long as the commisar and the mob determines they do not like you......not in America.....no sirreeeeeee!

106NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 10:47 pm

The Governor made the decision. What party does he belong to?

107NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:02 pm

2seaoat

The Governor made the decision. What party does he belong to?

The White people party........do not want any of those colored probation folk walking in our neighborhood even though the judge and the city said it was the right place........The Dixiecrats are alive and well.

108NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Governor made the decision. What party does he belong to?

The White people party........do not want any of those colored probation folk walking in our neighborhood even though the judge and the city said it was the right place........The Dixiecrats are alive and well.

LOL......little racist dig. All about color rather than criminals. Typical.

The judge and the city officials should check zoning restrictions before ruling. They are not infallible but don't tell them because we may end up with a bunch of Seaoats.

109NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:17 pm

2seaoat

LOL......little racist dig. All about color rather than criminals. Typical.

The judge and the city officials should check zoning restrictions before ruling. They are not infallible but don't tell them because we may end up with a bunch of Seaoats.

Pay attention Joan......the mob filed a declaratory to have the courts declare the legality of the zoning and the use as a parole office by the State of Florida. The Judge did as he was directed in the pleadings and declared that the zoning was correct for a probation office operated by the state. The City was vindicated and followed the law by telling the public is was a lawful use. Have both you and Tex been napping today, or is this too difficult.

Really you do not seen any racial component to this whole mob action.......I really think folks left their special pills in the medicine cabinet today.....but heck....I am always here to irritate and make sure you take your medications.

110NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/21/2014, 11:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:LOL......little racist dig. All about color rather than criminals. Typical.

Pay attention Joan......the mob filed a declaratory to have the courts declare the legality of the zoning and the use as a parole office by the State of Florida.   The Judge did as he was directed in the pleadings and declared that the zoning was correct for a probation office operated by the state.  The City was vindicated and followed the law by telling the public is was a lawful use.  Have both you and Tex been napping today, or is this too difficult.

Really you do not seen any racial component to this whole mob action.......I really think folks left their special pills in the medicine cabinet today.....but heck....I am always here to irritate and make sure you take your medications.

Lol, I do need a few muscle relaxants after playing ball with the grandsons.

If you want to make it about race rather than convicted felons......then you need to refresh yourself regarding the racial makeup of area's abutting Northhill.

111NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 12:12 am

2seaoat

Lol, I do need a few muscle relaxants after playing ball with the grandsons.

I understand....I walked outside for the first time in three days and I am exhausted.....my time is near.

112NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 12:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Lol, I do need a few muscle relaxants after playing ball with the grandsons.

I understand....I walked outside for the first time in three days and I am exhausted.....my time is near.

I felt like mine was here......playing one on one with an 11 year old (I did have the 6 year old on my team) we lost 24-22. I need to stick with coaching one on one and of course bleacher coaching. My grandson has not played basketball in 2 years.....after watching him dribble and shoot, I must say I was very disappointed he hasn't played and I will make sure he plays next year. .

Asparagus twice a day.......just do it.

113NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 12:28 am

For Markle
Markle says.."You would do yourself good if you learned a bit about government.

Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

The PNJ says "“At the direction of Gov. Scott,” the statement read, “the Department of Corrections will maintain its lease with its current probation and parole office provider, and will no longer transition to the old Coca-Cola location

114NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 10:55 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

A group of citizens getting together in opposition to a proposed project is not a "mob", Seaoat...and their objections to this facility have to do with safety, not race, which you would know if you were familiar with the neighborhood.

115NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 5:21 pm

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:For Markle

Governor Rick Scott has nothing, whatsoever, to do with local building and zoning issues.

The PNJ says  "“At the direction of Gov. Scott,” the statement read, “the Department of Corrections will maintain its lease with its current probation and parole office provider, and will no longer transition to the old Coca-Cola location

Proving that what I said is 100% TRUE. The Governor has control over the Dept. of Corrections, but NOT Zoning and Planning.

Thanks for reminding everyone that I was RIGHT AGAIN! Keep up the good work teammate!

116NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 8:15 pm

Of course you are correct!! That is why I posted the Quotes. I just wanted to thank you for all the knowledge and keen insight you have provided on this thread. You are simply amazing. Thank for every thing.

117NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 10:55 pm

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:Of course you are correct!! That is why I posted the Quotes.  I just wanted to thank you for all the knowledge and keen insight you have provided on this thread.  You are simply amazing.  Thank for every thing.

Thank you, here are your quotes.

For Markle

The PNJ says  "“At the direction of Gov. Scott,” the statement read, “the Department of Corrections will maintain its lease with its current probation and parole office provider, and will no longer transition to the old Coca-Cola location

Keep up the good work!  I appreciate your eager help.

Now comes the last word from Ichi.

Last edited by Markle on 3/22/2014, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

118NIMBY whine - Page 5 Empty Re: NIMBY whine 3/22/2014, 11:05 pm

Your skills as a cartographer were a great help to Mr Head in getting his project approved. Your input on the issue was spot on. Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum