Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The American Empire is collapsing

+11
boards of FL
The Dude
Wordslinger
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
KarlRove
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Markle
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

2seaoat wrote:My question to both of you is ........can drone development completely replace traditional manned fighter warfare?

I would think building these incredibly expensive platforms of manned flight must be weighted against the shear number of drones and the incredible advancements in the same. If I was a betting man, I would think that the nation which can put the highest number of operational drones in to the field of combat is going to win the day. Is not the manned fighter jet the Maginot Line of the future?

It's coming. There will be a time when we no longer send manned AC into threat environments to complete SEAD and DEAD missions...and yes DRONES will lead the way. There will be a place for manned AC for sure, but the cost of losing a pilot and risking CSAR folks is getting to be too high of a price.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 3/5/2014, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

interesting...

2seaoat wrote:Are you talking about the poster with the username "karl rove"?

I wish we had more socks of this quality.  It is a breadth of fresh air to have complex issues and complex analysis.  We have a great many people who observe from the sideline, but when these quality threads develop it is a pure pleasure to be here and watch other contributors discuss their life experiences and expertise.  I wish this forum could get 30 more people of this quality.

That might happen, 30 more, or more. Still thinking about what steps we are going to do regarding USA and putting plants there. Very high tech at ISO AS 9001 (aerospace) and ISO TC-20/14 (outer space) standards. Nanotech is the High Bar and we scare the Hell out of our competition. If a pole vault, they can do 20 feet, we set the bar at 50 feet and freaked them out.

Brave new world coming and technology that is indistinguishable from magic at times.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:My question to both of you is ........can drone development completely replace traditional manned fighter warfare?

I would think building these incredibly expensive platforms of manned flight must be weighted against the shear number of drones and the incredible advancements in the same.  If I was a betting man, I would think that the nation which can put the highest number of operational drones in to the field of combat is going to win the day.  Is not the manned fighter jet the Maginot Line of the future?

It's coming. There will be a time when we no longer send manned AC into threat environments to complete SEAD and DEAD missions...and yes DRONES will lead the way. There will be a place for manned AC for sure, but the cost of losing a pilot and risking CSAR folks is getting to be a high price.

What you fail to understand and as an old missile man I understand very well is that unmanned aircraft are controlled by radio signals....and are easily jammed and made useless....

I would think building these incredibly expensive platforms of manned flight must be weighted against the shear number of drones and the incredible advancements in the same.  If I was a betting man, I would think that the nation which can put the highest number of operational drones in to the field of combat is going to win the day.  Is not the manned fighter jet the Maginot Line of the future?

The UAV capabilities are there and improving. Even in robotics some things are being done that is shaping the future, and nanotech, AI, and new ways of fly by wire technology.

The real test will be how well the drones can work autonomously rather than some person somewhere on joy stick. Any comm link can be broken or jammed, so whatever they put out there had to think and survive.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think pacedog thinks we will still be fighting camel jockeys....remember when the Georgians, I believe it was redirected our "smart" bombs by pointing open microwave ovens heavenward? ...that is all it takes brains over whatever you can throw.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It's coming. There will be a time when we no longer send manned AC into threat environments to complete SEAD and DEAD missions...and yes DRONES will lead the way. There will be a place for manned AC for sure, but the cost of losing a pilot and risking CSAR folks is getting to be a high price.

What you fail to understand and as an old missile man I understand very well is that unmanned aircraft are controlled by radio signals....and are easily jammed and made useless....

I understand completely well on how jamming works. I understand/know how the entire network of drones are controlled.

2seaoat

I would generally agree with that vulnerability, but with the advancements in software and GIS systems, I think the platform of the future will only be minimally linked to a radio signal, and certainly our satellites then would be the next achilles heel, but protocols are in place with self confirming GPS systems ran of stored data independent of the satellite or radio wave transmission. I would think that the drone is the future of warfare and that as a percentage of engagement where manned flight was 90% of a tactical response, it will in the future be less than 10%.....However, I would love to get some input on some of the people who have contributed on this thread and who are knowledgeable.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A run of the mill American college takes over a drone....yeah wonder what really educated engineers can do ? Our own drones will probably turn around and attack us...

http://pjmedia.com/blog/gps-hijacking-team-of-u-s-faculty-students-take-control-of-drone/

GPS Hijacking: Team of U.S. Faculty, Students Take Control of Drone

It doesn't say that
They
Hijacked a drone and nothing was proven that the drone downed in Iran was caused by a hijacking.

It stated they might be able to do it

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah and I was there when an entire fleet of ships were scrapped as useless because a flaw was found.. the Davis class destroyers...Billions wasted on a state of the art antisubmarine system...remote controlled drone helicopters...that didn't work so well...

I was actually an operator of the mt 52 gun system when they tried to resurrect the drones as combat spotters in Vietnam and they both got shot down by small arms...yeah been there done that...they lovingly called the drones Snoopy..

The system the destroyers main bang  was called DASH (Drone anti submarine Helicopter)

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Brave new world coming and technology that is indistinguishable from magic at times.

I am Swiss's age, and I would not want to go back to any year before technology enabled computers and the Internet.

Sometimes I do daydream of going back to about 1969 and telling my parents what 2014 would actually be like. How I pay my bills without writing and mailing any checks. How I communicate mainly by electronic message, and about the forums where I communicate with people whom I have never physically met. How driverless cars are coming one day, and how solar-roofs will one day be standard on new homes for power generation.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I think pacedog thinks we will still be fighting camel jockeys....remember when the Georgians, I believe it was redirected our "smart" bombs by pointing open microwave ovens heavenward? ...that is all it takes brains over whatever you can throw.

As some of the videos you posted demonstrate, the Russian air force and aerospace expertise is formidable. Add in their new longer range rockets that are deadly accurate on air planes, their ability to reach hundreds of miles across the sea with deadly surface to surface missiles that can take out even an aircraft carrier, they are not the same Russia we dealt with during the cold war.

They could not hit a state hardly with their first ICBM nuclear missiles but they can now put one through the front door just like the USA can.

Not even going to discuss it on this or any forum other than this one comment. This planet has Tier 7 (hunter gatherers) to Tier 4 (space age, nuclear and high tech armed) species co-existing not very successfully.

We are moving to Tier 3 (space faring, off Earth colonies) and have the technology to do it. Defense work is a waste of our time, money and focus.

Cannot get into the discussion of why other than to say defense related work is a waste of time and money. Much bigger problems on the horizon.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

A run of the mill American college takes over a drone....yeah wonder what really educated engineers can do ? Our own drones will probably turn around and attack us...

http://pjmedia.com/blog/gps-hijacking-team-of-u-s-faculty-students-take-control-of-drone/

Iran took over control of a Global Hawk and landed it on their own turf.

GPS can be blocked and that renders most of these high tech toys from inaccurate to useless.

They can be taken over the direct the attack back at the attacker.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

but hey our military has this ....

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2014/03/05/gay-lesbian-troops-perform-in-drag-at-kadena-air-base-fundraiser/

Gay, lesbian troops perform in drag at Kadena Air Base fundraiser

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Brave new world coming and technology that is indistinguishable from magic at times.

I am Swiss's age, and I would not want to go back to any year before technology enabled computers and the Internet.

Sometimes I do daydream of going back to about 1969 and telling my parents what 2014 would actually be like. How I pay my bills without writing and mailing any checks. How I communicate mainly by electronic message, and about the forums where I communicate with people whom I have never physically met. How driverless cars are coming one day, and how solar-roofs will one day be standard on new homes for power generation.

Reminds me of a conversation with my grandfather (named for him, how I got the German name) when we were watching the first Moon landing. The things he had seen in his lifetime change.

My son looked at me like a dinosaur when I informed him we had NO TV when I was born in 1951, first one was almost as big as a refrigerator, and had color TV at age 12. No mobile phones, no Nintendo, Play Station, no PC's or laptops for 12 year olds, etc.

He realized he was a lucky boy and asked me what I did to entertain myself. Well, SPORTS. To this day I can out run him.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:but hey our military has this ....

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2014/03/05/gay-lesbian-troops-perform-in-drag-at-kadena-air-base-fundraiser/

Gay, lesbian troops perform in drag at Kadena Air Base fundraiser

Per Sochi 2014 I think we can deduce where Vladimir Putin stands on that issue.

This video is what got me thinking about America again, took the words out of my mouth for the script on this. Is worse, 36th in math, 28th in science, 24th in literacy. A friend from my home state sent this during Christmas season 2012.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Americans at some level know they have been sold out, lied to and used but they want so much to remain blissfully, willfully ignorant and continue to put their childlike hope in political parties and politicians.... No 

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Americans at some level know they have been sold out, lied to and used but they want so much to remain blissfully, willfully ignorant and continue to put their childlike hope in political parties and politicians.... No 

Waiting in vain while the entire quality of life is going down hill. I started fighting them in the early 1980's when in my home state the realities came home to roost. Statewide survey and found that 18% were illiterate, another 36% functionally illiterate and things going downhill in a state with 10% usury limit in the Constitution and US prime went to 21%. Even then built one of the biggest design build companies in the USA and went 3 years and did nothing in my home state that required a loan because no one could finance anything without violating the law.

Sort of when I started thinking less of HOME and thinking more about building life elsewhere. That led to here because during the early 1980s we were beating the US 21% prime rate by 600-700 basis points working with those US Treasury bond and banks in Germany and Switzerland.

Kept my state from going under, brought in over 30,000 new jobs and industry that could do all cash, and never got so much as a thank you.

Moved on.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

AmericanSwiss wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Americans at some level know they have been sold out, lied to and used but they want so much to remain blissfully, willfully ignorant and continue to put their childlike hope in political parties and politicians.... No 

Waiting in vain while the entire quality of life is going down hill.  I started fighting them in the early 1980's when in my home state the realities came home to roost.  Statewide survey and found that 18% were illiterate, another 36% functionally illiterate and things going downhill in a state with 10% usury limit in the Constitution and US prime went to 21%.  Even then built one of the biggest design build companies in the USA and went 3 years and did nothing in my home state that required a loan because no one could finance anything without violating the law.

Sort of when I started thinking less of HOME and thinking more about building life elsewhere.  That led to here because during the early 1980s we were beating the US 21% prime rate by 600-700 basis points working with those US Treasury bond and banks in Germany and Switzerland.  

Kept my state from going under, brought in over 30,000 new jobs and industry that could do all cash, and never got so much as a thank you.

Moved on.

Was that Arkansas ?  Yes ingratitude tends to burn one's love of others. We live in a country full of entitlement junkies. They couldn't compete in any other developed country for even a meager job. Sad really. I had a friend from Czechoslovakia that went off one day at  lunch with me. He said I came over here with very little money very little language ability and in 10 years I have prospered and become wealthy, and he was. He asked me what was wrong with so many people born here, I gave him the same answer, entitlement mentality... a pair of $200 tennis shoes is more important than books and education. WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YA...LOL.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

Waiting in vain while the entire quality of life is going down hill.  I started fighting them in the early 1980's when in my home state the realities came home to roost.  Statewide survey and found that 18% were illiterate, another 36% functionally illiterate and things going downhill in a state with 10% usury limit in the Constitution and US prime went to 21%.  Even then built one of the biggest design build companies in the USA and went 3 years and did nothing in my home state that required a loan because no one could finance anything without violating the law.

Sort of when I started thinking less of HOME and thinking more about building life elsewhere.  That led to here because during the early 1980s we were beating the US 21% prime rate by 600-700 basis points working with those US Treasury bond and banks in Germany and Switzerland.  

Moved on.

Was that Arkansas ?  Yes ingratitude tends to burn one's love of others. We live in a country full of entitlement junkies. They couldn't compete in any other developed country for even a meager job. Sad really. I had a friend from Czechoslovakia that went off one day at  lunch with me. He said I came over here with very little money very little language ability and in 10 years I have prospered and become wealthy, and he was. He asked me what was wrong with so many people born here, I gave him the same answer, entitlement mentality... a pair of $200 tennis shoes is more important than books and education. WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YA...LOL.

Yes, Arkansas but the bulk of the employees were in offices in Memphis, Atlanta, Dallas and Northern Virginia. We always joked in Arkansas, not the end of the world but can see the end of the world from there. Thank God for #50 Mississippi we always said as #49.

You hit the nail on the head, entitlement mentality. The Vietnamese came here after that debacle and quickly OWNED the DC vendor scene all over the Capital Mall area. They were willing to make an investment and work, paid off big for them.

The job skills standards here are still learned through apprenticeship that coincides with schooling. By the time they are 18-22 they can do real jobs on their own. Two universities even engage the children at 14-16 into things like nanotech, industrial process design, etc. Real education for real jobs.

America can be fixed but sort of like surgery is going to hurt.

AmericanSwiss wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Iran took over control of a Global Hawk and landed it on their own turf.

GPS can be blocked and that renders most of these high tech toys from inaccurate to useless.

They can be taken over the direct the attack back at the attacker.

Wasn't a Global Poultry, it was an RQ-170 and we are still not sure if it crashed there or what.

124The American Empire is collapsing - Page 5 Empty America's Plight 3/6/2014, 5:03 am

[quote="AmericanSwiss"][quote="TEOTWAWKI"]
AmericanSwiss wrote:

The warning signs are everywhere that things have to change because America is both broke and broken. Things are not hunky dory in the US of A.

The stock markets are grossly overvalued and manipulated by the Fed to keep up the illusion that things are great. The real value of the stock market right now should be down around 6,000, not where it is today. Touted value and real value are not the same.

The real inflation rate is near 6% but they lie about CPI and exclude the cost of energy, electricity, food and medical as if those now cost $0 and are not escalating.

Why do they lie? If they set the interest rate above the real inflation rate DC cannot afford the interest payments on the national debt. Then it would get very ugly and fast.

The USA has been downgraded from AAA and is facing another downgrade. The rest of the world looks at Congress, too and sees irresponsible and lunacy for what those words mean.

I saw this coming in 2005 when I made the decision to exit both the USA and the USD. Weak dollar means high energy prices in a world denominating energy sales in USD. That is why so many are going to start purchasing energy in their own currency and many have. The end of the petrodollar is the end of the standard of living in America.

I laugh every time I see the USA version of wealthiest people in the world. There are people in this world that could buy Bill Gates or Warren Buffett out of their petty cash drawers. The King of Abu Dhabi is at over $700 billion and he never makes the list.

The financing behind my company eclipses Gates or Buffet and is not a name that Americans have ever heard of except 2 that I know of because they are partners of mine in a gold mine.

Gasoline in Europe is almost 4 times as expensive as USA.

There was a time when the USA could justify its consumption of 25% of total energy supplies and was the leading producer in the world. Those days are gone and now the demand for 25% of all world energy supplies is doing nothing more than supporting an air conditioned life style that is consuming, not producing.

The rest of the world is fed up, their economies are growing and US policies are harming that on energy cost alone.

Minimum wage in USA: 7.25 USD per hour (Jul 24, 2009)

What is that? By any definition is Poverty Level, is not even sustenance pay except living at the bottom of the barrel in the US of A.

DC is so broke in real cash terms many are having Medicare and SS benefits cut and cost of living is still rising. I told the USA long ago that I do not consider SS part of my retirement planning. I have better ways to handle that without paying them into an IOU because they blew the SS money a long time ago on DC follies.

I have a letter from the SS Trustees to Biden as the President of the Senate as to how deep the hole really is. A group in America wants me to file RICO against the USA because I am the only US citizen that ever made that STICK against the US government. That is a major reason they leave me alone.

I am thinking about it because DC has plundered every fund, tapped every dollar they can latch onto (legally and illegally) to keep this America Empire illusion intact.

No minimum wage in Switzerland but straight out of high school people make $20 per hour and up and the work ethic is strong. One of my Swiss partners has a 17 year old son in masonry apprenticeship right now. When he graduates next year his minimum income will be 5,050 CHF, which as of today is 5.689,44 per month. It is not a union, is an agreement between companies and workers called an Employment Contract.

Skills here are rewarded, laziness and welfare entitlement expectations are not.

The pensions here are mandatory and in real cash terms, not an IOU from a spendthrift government.

Look around at the phenomenon in the USA of children with BS or MBA degrees that either cannot find a job or are underemployed and still living with parents. People with BS, MBA and PhD working for WalMart at minimum wage and less than 35 hours per week so the world's largest corporation does not have to provide medical insurance to part time employees.

NINJA Generation, No Income, No Job, Assets.

Under Bush and Obama the number of Americans on food stamps, welfare, unemployment benefits and under the poverty line has grown by the tens of millions.

My sources say the real unemployment rate in the USA is above 15%. They exclude those that cannot find jobs after their benefits run out.

Financial stress creates crime very easily, no mystery to me why the USA has about the highest crime rate in the world and the largest number of incarcerated persons.

Freedom? In many ways even Russia is freer than the average American.

There was no $1 trillion surplus under Clinton when the true level of fraud had to be 'marked to market' and American investors lost over $2 trillion of their hard earned money when the vaporware of the dot.com crashed and the illusion of telecom deregulation came home to roost.

For the record, the telecom deregulation that Wall Street and DC pushed so hard was for two reasons. NSA spying and the creation of secret trading networks so Wall Street could conduct fraud, launder US government money and manipulate markets.

I recently shared that information with the DOJ because they are engaged in criminal investigations of the US and UK banks. They had never heard of those networks. I trust some Americans have heard the term Shadow Banks, that is not a conspiracy theory.

The bogus Bush housing boom was financed by capital markets fraud and theft from non-US investors to the tune of $4 trillion in Europe alone. In the EU nations are not allowed to just print money and rack up national debts. Their economy is now $2 trillion per year bigger than the USA and climbing.

Iceland is the only nation that recovered from that debacle fast and here is how they did it, a quote from their president:

"The government bailed out the people and imprisoned the banksters, the exact opposite of what the USA and Europe did."

Just since Obama took office those Americans under the poverty line has skyrocketed. The number of Americans on food stamps has skyrocketed. That is CHANGE but not for the better, nor is it 'Change We can Believe It' but for the realistic horror of it.

Why his fawning fans cannot read, do math and understand what DOWNHILL looks like beats the Hell out of me. Maybe they are so stoned and 'entitlement' minded they do not know the difference between UP or DOWN.

What makes me laugh, and this might be the only thing PACEDOG and me agree on is when the Dems back an antiwar candidate and find out that their Pet Dem is a warmonger. SOS from the Oval Office. If that is not a hint or a clue as to who is really the puppet masters in the USA, I do not know what it would take to wake them up.

What is for sure is no American is going to like the UPHILL battle it will take to fix what is wrong with America. The hole is very deep, the problems are many and it is uphill all the way to get out of it.

Maybe Americans need to look one word up and come to grips with what it means, FASCISM. America is now the world's leading fascist nation. Fascism is by definition a corporate controlled government run for the benefit of the wealthy elite and own those corporations.

Health care in most EU nations is either government program or private insurance and both are mandatory. Obamacare is an unmitigated disaster because in DC they are not the lawmakers, the lobbyists are. They write the laws, pay for the campaigns and get the votes they want.

One thing that might help America is to implement a referendum system. That way DC could no longer pass laws and cram them down the throats of states and persons. The 'unfunded mandate' debacle has gone on long enough. Congress just loves to hand out those unfunded mandate IOU's hoping they never get called in. Makes them look wealthy and important in DC.

Many US states cannot file bankruptcy due to their constitutions. My sources say 27 US states are by very definition bankrupt right now. Even though everyone heard about the Detroit bankruptcy, there have been over 2,300 cities and county bankruptcies that have not been reported on that much.

Check into Stockton CA, they must have all been on drugs on that City Council.

The tedious part of the American Rep v Dem debate is that the color knobs on the TV are way out of whack.

What is a person 'entitled' to. Frankly, air, heart beat, and life. Anything else is earned. There is no entitlement to social security, medical insurance or even a job. There are no presumptive rights just because someone is born American.

My daughter turns 20 in April and holds Japan and USA passports. By age 22 she has to choose because Japan does not allow dual citizenship. She is sticking with the Japan passport due to what she sees going on in America.

What is the difference between a political issue/debate and a moral issue/debate?

The PTB want Americans arguing over moral issues thinking they are political issues. That was a contrived debate that the CIA implemented and pushed hard to get Americans to fracture into little camps. Abortion, gay rights, gays in the military, etc. are moral issues, not political issues.

They want Americans to not know the difference. A confused herd of sheep is easier to lie to, easier to guide. A bickering herd is very easy to fool.

Now Obama wants to do away with what corporations are doing and defer their taxes from offshore income. That will put a huge torpedo in job creation. Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter etc. all do it and many use the technique shown at this link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/10/19/of-course-twitter-is-using-the-double-irish-with-a-dutch-sandwich-theyd-be-mad-not-to/

Most Americans do not know what In-Q-Tel is. It is the venture capital arm of the CIA and was the money behind AOL, Facebook, Google and some others. All part of the spying agenda.

Belief in politicians, hmm. Old joke, how do you know a politician is lying? The lips are moving.

The American Empire is collapsing - Page 5 Frank-zappa-on-politics

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Excellent post AmericanSwiss. I found your trove of writings and and am enjoying reading them very much. There is harmony in what you say with us freedom lovers. The sooner the Zionists go to hell the better because if they continue, earth will be hell.

http://rense.com/Datapages/karlscwarzdat.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum