Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The American Empire is collapsing

+11
boards of FL
The Dude
Wordslinger
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
KarlRove
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Markle
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

26The American Empire is collapsing - Page 2 Empty I know that feeling 3/4/2014, 2:37 pm

Floridatexan wrote:I have a friend from the Ukraine.  She's several years older than I am and doesn't speak English (needless to say I don't speak Russian), but our grandchildren play together and we (somehow) communicated, even before our daughters got to know each other and started arranging play dates for the kids.  (Her daughter speaks good English and was a doctor their home country.)  I have a lot of admiration for these people and can't imagine how hard it is for her...she's usually very upbeat, and I can see she's trying to maintain...I find her very courageous.

Recently I expressed my sorrow for the conditions in her country...and who did it leave in tears...you guessed it...me.

Courageous is a good word to describe anyone that lived under communism and now knows exactly what freedom is all about. What saddens me is for them to finally get free of that and then subjugated into what the USA and EU replaced it with... another form of slavery.

People in America have no concept of what a great ambassador we Americans living abroad have to be for America. They have no good opinion of the US government. We set the standard that America is viewed by, some good, some bad.

I learned many years ago that to get a PhD in Ukraine or Russia they have to take 3 to 4 times as much math as scientists in the USA, and ace that too, to get the PhD. I learned first hand how truly intelligent and gifted, skilled they are and do not make much at all. My company is respected because we do not treat any nation as a low wage labor pool and that is the USA / EU agenda, self-enrichment through policies.

I have been to Ukraine many times, over the past 4 years have spent close to 4 months there on business. Most of them have endured incredible hardships but with dignity. Same for the Russians, and everyone I have met in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary.

The Russian I dated was a beautiful classy woman. The Czech that will soon be my wife is the most incredible woman I have ever met.

One day I was sitting in a top restaurant on Deribasovskaya in Odessa Ukraine named Steak House and was very cold and raining outside. A man was out there in nothing but a shirt, blue jean jacket and blue jeans, temperature was around 10 F. He had no legs from the knees down, the jeans were folded to act as pads under his knees. After about 2 hours, snowing, cold, wind blowing no one had given him even the smallest coin. I stopped the meeting and went outside, gave him 1,000 UAH in their currency and asked him to go home and stay warm.

Several days passed, the weather improved and he was back. I bought him lunch and we talked some until our lead scientist arrived and could handle translation. He had never had a job other than carrying out garbage at times for certain restaurants, stores, etc. He was born that way, I had thought maybe it was injury of some sort.

Every time my daughter and I saw him we helped, and finally asked him one day if he would like to have a real job. He asked me who would respect a man with no legs? I told him simple cure for that, anyone not obeying the instructions handed or delivered to them by him (Yuri) remind them that he was hired by the managing director of the company, not the local plant manager. They would get to meet me the next time I was in Ukraine and it would be their last day employed or they would not have an ass left.

He agreed to take the job. Got him a special cart that could be driven just with hands.

I helped him because in watching him I could tell that his heart was good as gold, was born into a life no one would wish on anyone.

I wish I had more just like him, honest, hard working, pays attention, and is really blossoming as the man he always was inside.

One of the things the USA and EU never mention or offer to pick up the tab on is Russia has continued to pay the pensions since 1991. Russia has been there for Ukraine more than EU or USA have ever done for them.

Your new friend from Ukraine can verify that. The industry collapsed when USSR did, but Russia has stood by Ukraine. They need to get rid of the mafia there, lots of potential in that nation being squandered by corrupt government, lax law enforcement and looking the other way on the mafia corruption.

Markle

Markle

AmericanSwiss wrote:
Markle wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

How much do we owe China?

How would it benefit China to destroy our economy since we are their biggest trading partner?

US is largest as single nation, EU is much larger and I addressed it in the previous post how China is pipelining goods into EU by heavy air and rail, and ships.  Both China and Russia have announced they can lose USA and not be affected.

Since 2012 the EU economy is about $2 trillion bigger than the US GDP each year, China is now second largest economy and off-loading the cheap manufacturing to other Pac Rim nations and focusing on much higher levels of technology.  

The Germany economy is overstated but in current terms their 86 million people are giving the 1.4 billion of China a run for their money as Second Largest Economy.  That bubble will burst soon as their major banks are on the verge of collapse.  Deutsche Bank cannot raise capital, has to downsize over 380 billion Euros just to meet Basel 3 capital ratios.

ECB is putting the top 130 banks under a stress test right now.  Those that fail will be allowed to fail, no 'too big to fail' rule here.

Reportedly was $1.6 trillion but they have quietly dumped anywhere from $200 to $400 billion and have announced intentions that it is not in their best interest to stockpile US debt any more.  That was about 1 month ago.

We have a closing soon on very large amount, and first is $150 million and not close to 10% of the total.  I have watched since late November as the USD has dropped from 139.6 million CHF to what was yesterday 131.8 million CHF.  As of yesterday $1 was only .87 CHF.

I have seen this over 100 times while in EU.  Americans rushing to Western Union to get aid from home because they did not figure in the weakness of the USD against the EUR or CHF.  Time to check out of hotel and catch flight home, credit card bounced.

Benefit China?  It would benefit most of the economies of the world to not have to convert from their own currency into USD just to buy oil and natural gas.  The petrodollar is in dying mode and that has been what kept USA propped up enjoying the easy life at the expense of the rest of the world.

If it were not for the Fed manipulating the US stock markets to keep the Sheeple thinking everything is hunky dory, the USA would not have even 1 bank in the Top 25 of this list:

http://www.relbanks.com/worlds-top-banks/market-cap

When these latest rounds of investigations started last fall on LIBOR rigging, currency exchange and gold price manipulation, and tampering with the $379 TRILLION international interest rate swap market, I closed personal and  corporate accounts with JPMorgan Chase, do not bank with any US bank right now.

A hint also occurred over past 90 days, Buffett, Paulson and Soros have dumped their positions IN USA BANKS.

I have fought them in DC since 1980 and finally said enough is enough.  They thought they could outsource to cheap producers, rule the world from DC with little to no job creation, and have an entirely consumer based economy.

They failed when they implemented DC greed to the point they killed the consumers.  I sort of view that as machinating a plan and then the USA shot itself in the head.  DOA and still have not figured out what they did wrong.

Now TRY to concentrate and answer these two simple questions.

How would it benefit China to destroy our economy since we are their biggest trading partner?

[quote="Markle"][quote="AmericanSwiss"]
Markle wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

Now TRY to concentrate and answer these two simple questions.

both questions answered above, and here.

It was around $1.6 trillion, they have divested in range of $200 to $400 billion in recent months. That divesture coincided with announcements they are trading direct in currencies without USD conversion, about 37 nations including Russia, South Korea, Japan, India, UAE and others.

They have also announced this year that their central bank does not view it in their best interest to keep stockpiling US debt.

Both China and Russia have already announced they can lose USA market and not be effected. Plenty of other buyers.

USA is largest single nation as trading partner, EU economy is $2 trillion per year bigger and is a bigger market for China than USA.

USA is not the world.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:You were on Wall Street as a garbage man picking up the trash at best.

Come on, PaceDog...... Don't be a chickenshit and use your sockpuppet to challenge the man when he calls you out.......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks, great story about helping the man without legs. I know it can't be easy but keep up the good work as an ambassador of a country that has forgotten it's manners.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks, great story about helping the man without legs. I know it can't be easy but keep up the good work as an ambassador of a country that has forgotten it's manners.

I second that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thanks, Swiss. I didn't expect such a heartfelt response. I was in an international business class in 2001...I think Boards had the same instructor. A speaker from Romania explained that the old USSR had compartmentalized industry in the republics by, for instance, having all shoes made in one place and allotting one pair to each Russian. When the USSR dissolved, the resulting states didn't have the means to support themselves on their own because of this planned division of industry. I know that's overly simplistic. At that time, the EU was just barely taking off...my professor was concerned (rightly) about the competition from the Euro...I already knew that the repeal of Glass Steagall and the passage of the CFMA spelled doom...as did the "election" of GWB. It doesn't take much research to find the name Bush tied up in all sorts of international intrigue...going back to the early part of the 20th Century. I wonder why you don't include Reagan in your discussion, because he (and GHWB) surely had a big hand in our economic destruction. I remember the S&L scandals very well...it was like a practice for 2008...but there were many more prosecutions...however, they missed a few of the key players.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What I would like to know is, who has the 'hidden hands' that are machining all of this? I think those people are set to meet in May-June this year. I am talking about the Bilderberg Group. Folks are still trying to ferret out where the 'secret' meeting will take place for 2014.

American Swiss's favorite Ms. Angela Merkel has been to at least one Bilderberg meeting (2005), and may have attended the 2011 and 2012 meetings.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

AmericanSwiss wrote:

(China has)  already announced they can lose USA market and not be effected.  Plenty of other buyers.

USA is largest single nation as trading partner, EU economy is $2 trillion per year bigger and is a bigger market for China than USA.

USA is not the world.

That will be the game changer.  When China no longer needs us to sell to.  
Right now,  China's foreign policy is held hostage to that.  But once that ends,  another sleeping giant will have awakened.
And that's also when you will see how loyal to the United States the U.S. based multinational corporations are. My guess is the answer to that will be "not very".  lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

AmericanSwiss wrote:
Dot wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

Go ahead, lay this out for all to see. I'm intrigued.

One has to stay informed where there are global supply chains, currencies, and even what I call political brain farts that emanate out of DC, London or Brussels more than any other capitals in the world.

The unipolar world from WW II to 1991 saw the USA as the lone superpower.  Those days are gone and right now Russia is the most powerful in terms of sheer cash and military punch.  China now produces a 6th generation fighter jet, and the new Russian Sukhoi T-50 is considered the top fighter jet in the world.  The USA has nothing that can even stay in the skies against it.  India has now started to co-produce the T-50 because they chose it as their air force air superiority jet.

Case in point, Afghanistan and no victory since October 7, 2001 when shock and awe did not shock or awe the Afghans.  I cannot remember the name of the British viceroy of India that commented the third time the Afghans chewed up UK and spit them out but went like this:  "Trying to subjugate the Afghans is about as intelligent as going tiger hunting bare handed."

The USA did not learn the lessons of the UK in the 1900's, or that Genghis Khan completely avoided them, or that Alexander the Great met his demise there, or the Russians could not beat them.

Most Americans do not know that the Bush Admin was in negotiations with the Taliban as late as August 2001 and the Taliban would not roll over for their demands.  The deal has already been signed with Bridas Corporation out of Argentina.  That company is owned by two Italian expats and they are major pipeline builders to this day.  

Pushing them out in Afghanistan did not slow things down at all. Major pipeline north from Iran into Russia, selling the oil that way in spite of the sanctions.  Major pipeline from Turkmenistan (where they won the US Court of Appeals case in Sept 9, 2003, but 2 years to late to stop Bush and the Big Lie) across Iran and Turkey into EU.  Another huge pipeline from Turkmenistan to China, thus further negating even the reason the USA wanted that pipeline and the Caspian since the Carter Administration.

Another case is Iraq, March 2003 to pull out, not a victory even close to achieving.

USA put Georgia up with Israeli and Blackwater USA mercenaries and Ukraine, against tiny South Ossetia.  Those are Russians that did not want to be a part of Jewish, USA, Muslim controlled Georgia.  USA and EU wanted them in EU and NATO.  

They started it, Russia crushed it in 3 days.  The goal was to back up Russia north of the Caucasus Mountains and away from the USA pipelines across Georgia.  Russia is now permanently parked 25km from those pipelines.

What was wrong with Libya?  Qaddafi had mellowed into a benevolent dictator that was moving his nation ahead rapidly, including the world's largest port just to handle inflow into EU.  The problem with Libya was he was creating a gold backed dinar that would have had the effect of lessening the value of the petrodollar in the Middle East and North Africa.

What is wrong with Syria?  They are in the way of a pipeline from Iraq to the Med and then into Europe.

Why is Russia parked there?  They are the energy supplier and natural gas company to EU, bottom line.  Gazprom is by far the largest natural gas company in the world and just from that exploration is in Top 10 in oil, too.  Rosneft is now the world's largest oil producer and is major supplier to EU, China and Pac Rim.  Recently completed major pipeline that terminates near Vladivostok on the Pacific side.

China has major heavy airfreight operations into Prague every day, and trains coming all the way from China across Russia into Poland.  What started off as 1 train per week is now 2 unit trains per day.

Under Basel 3, Russia based Sberbank is now 20th largest in the world and climbing.  Their capital is hard cash, not US stock market manipulation that is keeping BoA, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup on life support.

Two largest banks in the world are now China, and they have 3 in the top 5.  Deposits are not assets, Basel 3 grades on real capital base versus risks and in that regards the UK and USA banks, even Deutsche Bank are toast.

The US, UK banks and Deutsche Bank all share a common form of cancer.  They bet the USA would win their strategy, hem in Russia, and control the oil and gas coming out of the Caspian Basin.

This came out the day before 9-11-2001 and is exactly what they were after:

September 10, 2001: "Those who control the oil routes out of Central Asia will impact all future direction and quantities of flow and the distribution of revenues from new production," wrote energy expert James Dorian in Oil & Gas Journal, published the day before the terrorist attacks.

That quote was not in my video presentation 9-11-2004 in NY but there was much more than just the 9 minutes on the Internet.  I spoke for 22 minutes and then answered Q&A with the audience for 43 minutes.

There were 1,248 people there, over 1,000 wanted a copy of the PowerPoint that detailed it all and who benefited.

Who did not benefit are the citizens of the United States of America.  Just the insiders.

When factoring in the debt, the OPIC funds out the back door to the Rep and Dem insiders, and the pretense of "Nation Building", the real cost of a gallon of gasoline in America is at least 25 times higher than at the pump.

Most Americans cannot get that economic reality straight in their head.

Many experts are saying that both the EU and Fed are manipulating the true inflation rate and interest rates have to be higher because everything is sliding backwards.  The bailouts are not working.

In that scenario as early as 2017 or 2018 the USA will not be able to even pay the interest on the debt they have racked up chasing their pipeline dreams and dreams of Empire in a multipolar world.

I have written many articles exposing the lies of 9-11 and what they were really after.  Just google Karl Schwarz Bridas, cannot miss some of the key articles.

This world is not as presented on US TV.  That is Sheeple Food to keep the masses grazing and thinking DC is out protecting them.

Raping them is more accurate.

To say the USA has a failure of leadership is being kind.  Retarded to brain damaged is the proper characterization of what DC is really up to.

Mr. AmericanSwiss: I'm mighty impressed with your knowledge. What should I read?

Read your Bible if you have one.

37The American Empire is collapsing - Page 2 Empty Lack of Manners 3/4/2014, 5:19 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks, great story about helping the man without legs. I know it can't be easy but keep up the good work as an ambassador of a country that has forgotten it's manners.

I hope FloridaTexan sees this post. We could talk about lack of manners for a week of what I have seen over here as The Ugly American.

Chunky butt, thick thighs CT girls in EU dressed like pigs trashing beautiful women in Hungary that put them to shame. Fashion and beauty critics and displayed or possessed neither. Not even the manners to act properly in the nation of other people, trash talkers.

I walked past them and advised they need to clean up their act, embarrassing themselves and America. They were a little taken aback that an American had overheard their critique of women that were devastatingly beautiful and dressed far better than the American tourists.

I speak more Russian than German and this happened because of that. My Russian lady was running late for dinner and there were 4 sitting next to our table from Ukraine, Kiev to be exact, all 4 of them PhD's with the universities.

I was speaking to the Russian in Russian so they assumed I was and tried to start up a conversation. I informed them that I am American and could not have a very full conversation. Just what they heard on the telephone was pretty much my brain limit in that language at the time.

When Olga arrived they talked to her in Russian and then one of them (one of the wives) turned to talk to me in fluent English. They had saved for 25 years to take a dream vacation in the USA from Boston, to NY, then DC, and then places like Monticello and on south to the Smokey Mountains, and Atlanta where they would fly home.

They terminated the vacation halfway through it, flew to Paris and were taking the trains home and touring other places they had never been like Geneva, Zurich, Strasburg, Innsbruck, Vienna, Budapest, etc.

I asked them why they had stopped their vacation in the USA and came home early. One of the wives was the English professor at their main university and I was not surprised at her answer as much as I was the eloquent way she stated it after they discussed her answer for about 3 minutes at their table.

She turned again: "we are all PhD's with our university and never in our lives have we been treated as rudely as we were in the USA. We all came to the conclusion in DC that the United States of America lacks the grace, manners or civility to even pretend to call itself a great nation. I hope you are not offended, but that was our experience on a vacation we saved most of our working careers to go on."

I assured her that their conclusion about America had not offended me at all, I had the same opinion of the USA and why I no longer live there.

The only reason I have remained on this forum after I made contact with one person is to assess whether it would be worth any of my time, effort or money to try to fix things I know are wrong and know how to fix it.

In the next couple of weeks I am or am not going to make a $350 million commitment to 1 US state, 3,250 jobs and work at it from here and that side of the Atlantic, or, let the USA keep sinking, too far gone to save.

I have mixed emotions on that right now. Seems the USA still prefers to debate amongst themselves with half facts and half truths, non-original opinions that are useless, and still do not understand this world any better than they did 8 years ago or even just prior to 9-11-2001.

We have just lost 12 years in Afghanistan and a war, and seems most Americans think we won. We lost our ass and our national dignity in Iraq because everyone else in the world knows Bush and Blair lied, and many Americans think we won that, too.

The Americans have not won a war since WW II, and there is a reason why.

Not paying attention to the Truth.

The elephant is in the damned living room in America and they cannot see it.

American Swiss is a sock that was once banned and has returned.

Floridatexan wrote:Thanks, Swiss.  I didn't expect such a heartfelt response.  I was in an international business class in 2001...I think Boards had the same instructor.  A speaker from Romania explained that the old USSR had compartmentalized industry in the republics by, for instance, having all shoes made in one place and allotting one pair to each Russian.  When the USSR dissolved, the resulting states didn't have the means to support themselves on their own because of this planned division of industry.  I know that's overly simplistic.  At that time, the EU was just barely taking off...my professor was concerned (rightly) about the competition from the Euro...I already knew that the repeal of Glass Steagall and the passage of the CFMA spelled doom...as did the "election" of GWB.  It doesn't take much research to find the name Bush tied up in all sorts of international intrigue...going back to the early part of the 20th Century.  I wonder why you don't include Reagan in your discussion, because he (and GHWB) surely had a big hand in our economic destruction.  I remember the S&L scandals very well...it was like a practice for 2008...but there were many more prosecutions...however, they missed a few of the key players.

You are absolutely correct in how the USSR compartmentalized and when it fell apart there were major dislocations in very basic necessities.

Reagan was not the problem, having GHWB and CIA lurking too close to the presidency was major problem. I did a lot of workouts all over TX, AR, OK and then moved when the tsunami wave hit the DC, VA, MD area where they always thought they were recession proof due to the largesse of the US government spending.

The TEFRA act was needed, had the unintended consequence of exposing the type of fraud the Bush Family excels in. Neal Bush should have gone to prison with Keating.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah unfortunately why would anyone as successful ,traveled and erudite as American Swiss want to hang around in here ? He sure picked a strange cross section to examine but that said I believe him, stranger things have happened.

41The American Empire is collapsing - Page 2 Empty hidden hands 3/4/2014, 5:41 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:What I would like to know is, who has the 'hidden hands' that are machining all of this? I think those people are set to meet in May-June this year. I am talking about the Bilderberg Group. Folks are still trying to ferret out where the 'secret' meeting will take place for 2014.

American Swiss's favorite Ms. Angela Merkel has been to at least one Bilderberg meeting (2005), and may have attended the 2011 and 2012 meetings.

Bilderberg is part of the problem, other factions are bigger problem including Israel, harboring wanted felons, USA and UK, Deutsche Bank cannot conduct banking without being criminals about it, and follow the money. Look around, seen any RICO litigations against the Mafia lately? NO? Why? They are right in the middle of it as major investors in just about every sector including Washington DC.

If you had read some of my articles you would know Merkel and me are not buddies. I was in Germany for 3 years, finally got so fed up with her my writings referred to her as Merkel Ferkel. Ferkel is German for baby pig.

I guess you might find it by searching Schwarz Merkel Ferkel since I coined the phrase. Most Germans loved it.

Germany begged me for a second chance after my presentation at ILA Berlin Air Show 2010. They had come in 4th of 5 nations in 2005-2006, should have told them no but I am 7/8th German descent, 1/8th Swiss German. Hindsight is 20/20, they did nothing to improve on 4th place and have now lost 19 projects from us, over 16,000 new jobs.

Other nations were glad they lost.

42The American Empire is collapsing - Page 2 Empty Game Changer 3/4/2014, 5:53 pm

Bob wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

(China has)  already announced they can lose USA market and not be effected.  Plenty of other buyers.

USA is not the world.

That will be the game changer.  When China no longer needs us to sell to.  
Right now,  China's foreign policy is held hostage to that.  But once that ends,  another sleeping giant will have awakened.
And that's also when you will see how loyal to the United States the U.S. based multinational corporations are.  My guess is the answer to that will be "not very".   lol

Not very is dead on target. Some idiot in DC might try to pass legislation that multinational is treason they abandon ship so fast.

What China has been quietly doing, and well financed due to all of those WalMart, Target and KMart shoppers is dumping the cheap crap production off to Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines and moving way up in technology.

They are not looking to sell to us in future, they look to bury us in high tech and out produce America as a global economic force. They can do that with their eyes closed.

Right now China is leading the USA by a margin of 4:1 to 6:1 every month and every year in new nanotechnology patents in the US.

They tried to buy us out in June 2007 and I told them no way. TEDA came from Tianjin, met all day and went home empty handed. The new Airbus A320 FAL is at TEDA.

China has also rolled out its own commercial jet, is working on very heavy airfreight jets (both military and commercial use), a 6th generation fighter jet and a space program moving much faster than NASA ever did.

They are just the management at TEDA, the real strength is NIBC [Nanotechnology Industrialization Base of China]. After they met with us as 3 tag along PhD's and saw how far we are ahead of them they went home and added in something we had and they forgot. CNANE, China National Academy of Nanotechnology Engineering.

I warned the USA when GHWB was president that they were creating the perfect storm to bury America.

I got out of the USD in 2005, have been in EUR and CHF since. There are big economic gains in producing cheaper in USA in currency exchange terms and that is one reason EU companies are still there. They know there is only so much show and tell they can have with China and keep afloat.

43The American Empire is collapsing - Page 2 Empty reading 3/4/2014, 5:56 pm

Wordslinger wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:
Dot wrote:
AmericanSwiss wrote:

Go ahead, lay this out for all to see. I'm intrigued.

Mr. AmericanSwiss:  I'm mighty impressed with your knowledge.  What should I read?

will give that some thought, has been very long day here and now close to 11pm. Many different subjects to choose from.

I am sort of off last week and this week, starting next week I have no day off until Christmas.

Sock

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:American Swiss is a sock that was once banned and has returned.

I don't think so, but he sure is sticking pins into the bubble you live in......  Razz

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Sock

He writes too well. Couldn't possibly be the sock.

He's had a few weeks to study up and sounds like maybe he is being coached.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's had a few weeks to study up and sounds like maybe he is being coached.

No way.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I find this thread to be filled with intrigue. There may be a couple of posters who come back and try to paint you as a tin-foil-hat wearer. You are of sorts backing-up those who have written here about what others call "conspiracy theories."

I find interesting your mention of how access to oil and gas seems to underpin most of the conflict going on in the world today. Because of family interests, I have been studying oil and gas and other forms of energy rather intensely for the last 4.5 years. I have read several books on Peak Oil theory, and have tried to keep up with alternative energy technologies, and the shale revolution that has resurrected (at least for now), U.S. oil production.

It is said that global conventional oil production peaked in 2005, according to theories first advocated by the late Dr. M. King Hubbert (Shell chief geologist) in 1956. Others have followed-up on Hubbert's thesis on this, to include England's Dr. Colin Campbell, and a Princeton emeritus, Dr. Kenneth S. Deffeyes. This camp claims that after about 2015, global conventional oil production will permanently decline at a rate of roughly 3% per year until it is gone.

But, technology has enabled exploration to now tap unconventional hydrocarbon resources, particularly in source-rocks known as shales. This has been particularly successful here in the U.S. for both oil and gas. It started around 2008 in North Dakota's Bakken Formation, spread south to the Eagleford Shale in Texas. Now they are saying the Permian Basin in Texas holds 100 billion barrels of recoverable crude. And the Marcellus Shale in the northeast has trillions of cubic feet of recoverable gas. But the thing pushing back against shale oil and gas is the cost of extraction, which is high and will keep the price of oil high.

In 2010, the President of Petrobas said the world needs to find a new Saudi Arabia every three years to keep up with current demand. I have also read that Saudi Arabia is fast running out of oil and will become a net oil-importer by 2030 (the psychological shock from this should cause the price per barrel to skyrocket, I would assume).

I have read that as China's economy grows, they are going to need access to more and more petroleum, and might eventually need so much that they could desire the entire world's production for themselves. They already are the biggest oil importers in the world. So does this mean we are in for further conflict over energy resources?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's had a few weeks to study up and sounds like maybe he is being coached.

If you don't want your bubble popped any further, why don't you just stop reading?

Alternatively, step up and counter the man with facts, instead of making asinine comments.

One thing of note, we sure have not seen many countering comments from you and Markle (wizards of wingnuttery).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum