Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

pay attention if you plan on voting to get a gov who will expand medicaid

+4
2seaoat
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:
2seaoat wrote:but it doesn't change the fact that if Florida expands Medicaid, people will have to take it if they qualify for it in the exchange. thus be subject to having to leave their inheritance to the gov. which is what this thread is about.

Please explain how somebody who is qualified for medicaid has an inheritance.

early retired, lives off  payment from a pension or ira etc. those people under the exchange get sent to Medicaid.

your state has already collected MILLIONS this way. btw

Ok, I can see this some of this because you use your income to determine where you stand in the poverty level, but some of these pensions are taxed and may bring them into a higher category.  Better yet If you are on the exchange and it says you qualify for medicaid only, you do not have to accept it and if you have money in the bank or any other money coming from somewhere you can purchase a plan off exchange.

About 99% of the ones I have completed a subsidy app on that said you qualified for medicaid did not accept it. Around 25% of people wanting to complete a subsidy app have not filed taxes in the past several years.

If you don't file taxes you won't have to pay penalty. These people that did not accept medicaid will not have to pay penalty. If medicaid is expanded here and someone elects not to accept it and that is their choice they may not have to pay penalty, like I said there will be many exceptions.

Please don't tell me you are discussing what happens under current Florida law? or im just going to scream.  No 

if we expand Medicaid in this state, there will be no exception to not having insurance if you qualify for Medicaid. the only reason Florida residents have a exception to not be penalized now is because we don't offer the expanded Medicaid.

no offense to you, I realize you are a insurance salesman and the people here think your god, but to me your just a person who sales insurance and your IQ is not that of a god. and you are wrong about a exception for these people who qualify under a expanded Medicaid.

now I gave the link to the LEFT leaning politico fact checker. I will post the take home points again.

--
Those who are eligible for Medicaid under the ACA expansion are not eligible for government subsidies to buy private insurance on state or federal health exchanges, so they have little choice but to accept Medicaid

The ACA expanded Medicaid, beginning in January, to include nearly all non-disabled adults under age 65 with household incomes “up to 138% FPL ($31,809 for a family of four in 2012), which would make millions of currently uninsured adults newly eligible for the program,”

The interaction of the federal Affordable Care Act and existing state Medicaid estate recovery laws is a legitimate issue and something that Medicaid recipients need to understand before they sign up

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/medicaid-estate-recovery-program/

im not sure why you guys are fighting me on this because it is something that people need to be made aware of. well I know why dreams would, she could care less if people lost their inheritance to making a wrong decision, its just all politics to her. but you, I think youre fair ppaca.

"The IRS, which levies the penalties for not complying with the Affordable Care Act, says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies, and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but live in states that don’t offer it.

Update, Jan. 15: A Treasury official also told us it is “very unlikely” that someone who refuses to sign up for Medicaid and cannot afford private insurance would be subject to a fine. That person would likely be eligible for one of at least three exemptions, including a financial hardship exemption."

As PPACA said you don't have to sign up for it and all this is moot.You just won't get that through your head.

Dreamsglore wrote:"The IRS, which levies the penalties for not complying with the Affordable Care Act, says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies, and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but [b]live in states that don’t offer it.33]]< this thread is about if we do expand it, how many times do i have to tell you this?

Update, Jan. 15: A Treasury official also told us it is “very unlikely” that someone who refuses to sign up for Medicaid and cannot afford private insurance would be subject to a fine. That person would likely be eligible for one of at least three exemptions, including a financial hardship exemption."

As PPACA said you don't have to sign up for it and all this is moot.You just won't get that through your head.

what you are saying is then they are going to allow people to continue to be uninsured which is basically ILLEGAL because of the mandate. Is that what you are clinging to?

however, people still need to know if this is expanded many more people will be put on it. those people need to know what could happen. plain and simple. period.

Read your own damn post for christ's sake. It explains it all.This is not a valid thread at all.

Dreamsglore wrote:Read your own damn post for christ's sake. It explains it all.This is not a valid thread at all.

Youre an idiot. the damn thread is not that complicated, unless you are a idiot. and you are one. im done trying to explain to you. I htink everyone else has gotten it by now.

"The IRS, which levies the penalties for not complying with the Affordable Care Act, says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies, and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but [b]live in states that don’t offer it.33]]< this thread is about if we do expand it, how many times do i have to tell you this?

LOL! What a moron.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Dot wrote:if we expand Medicaid in this state, there will be no exception to not having insurance if you qualify for Medicaid.

Holy shit you can't read.

boards of FL wrote:
Dot wrote:if we expand Medicaid in this state, there will be no exception to not having insurance if you qualify for Medicaid.

Holy shit you can't read.

I read fine. obviously there is some portion of all of your leftie brains that can not comprehend that the ogv can in fact take your property if your on medicaid. and that IF we expand medicaid millions of floridians would be forced into that plan as is occuring in the rest of the state. And those people deserve to know what the consequences are.

I offered politco fact checker as a guide tool for you all.

You read it again.

The ACA, however, does three things that potentially will subject more people between the ages of 55 and 65 and their assets to the Medicaid recovery program:

Mandates that most Americans have health insurance. The law requires Americans, with some exceptions, to purchase a qualified health insurance plan or pay a penalty. The penalty this year will start at $95 per person or 1 percent of household income, whichever is higher, and increases until it reaches 2.5 percent or $695 per person in 2016.

Expands eligibility for Medicaid. Medicaid has been largely limited to low-income children, parents, pregnant women, the disabled and elderly. “While states have increasingly expanded eligibility for children over time, eligibility for parents remains much more limited, and only nine states provide full Medicaid coverage to low-income adults without dependent children,” according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. The ACA expanded Medicaid, beginning in January, to include nearly all non-disabled adults under age 65 with household incomes “up to 138% FPL ($31,809 for a family of four in 2012), which would make millions of currently uninsured adults newly eligible for the program,” the Kaiser Family Foundation says. The ACA mandated the expansion, but the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states can opt out. Half of them so far have done so.

Eliminates assets test from eligibility requirements. As the American Public Health Association explains, Medicaid eligibility “is complicated, and varies from state to state. It involves calculations of income and assets, as well as ‘disregards’ of income and assets that vary for different populations.” But, as AARP explains, the ACA created an “additional set of rules” based on income, specifically Modified Adjusted Gross Income. “[I]mportantly, it doesn’t count assets,” says the APHA.

Those who are eligible for Medicaid under the ACA expansion are not eligible for government subsidies to buy private insurance on state or federal health exchanges, so they have little choice but to accept Medicaid. For this reason, the Western Center for Journalism blog item says the individual mandate provision of the ACA will “force” people into Medicaid and then “strip” them of their assets after they die. “Since this despicable plot was exposed by the Seattle Times, a number of states have vowed to change estate recovery rules as revised by ObamaCare,” the blog post says. (Again, the estate recovery rules were not “revised by Obamacare.”)

The IRS, which levies the penalties for not complying with the Affordable Care Act, says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies, and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but live in states that don’t offer it.

Update, Jan. 15: A Treasury official also told us it is “very unlikely” that someone who refuses to sign up for Medicaid and cannot afford private insurance would be subject to a fine. That person would likely be eligible for one of at least three exemptions, including a financial hardship exemption.

The interaction of the federal Affordable Care Act and existing state Medicaid estate recovery laws is a legitimate issue and something that Medicaid recipients need to understand before they sign up. They should know that the rules vary from state to state, with some states dunning the estates of deceased Medicaid beneficiaries for all Medicaid costs and others just for long-term care. And the rules keep changing. AARP’s Moorhead says so far two states (Washington and Oregon) have changed their rules to limit estate recovery to Medicaid costs related to long-term care, as required by the 1993 federal law.

Elaine Ryan, AARP’s vice president of state advocacy and strategy integration, says the senior group is not lobbying for state changes to the Medicaid Estate Recovery Programs — at least not yet. “This is all so new and we’re still trying to unpack how the different states apply the recovery rules,” she said. “We’re still looking at what makes sense.”

Those who are Medicaid-eligible under the ACA also should know that the 1993 federal law bars estate recovery when there is a surviving spouse, a child under the age of 21 or a child of any age who is blind or disabled. And that there are exemptions that will allow other family members to keep the family farm or home under certain circumstances.

And they should know that the Affordable Care Act didn’t create Medicaid estate recovery rules or revise them. ACA merely expanded access to health care for millions of uninsured low-income people.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/medicaid-estate-recovery-program/

so, are you seriously going to say that people on medicaid do not ever have to worry about having thier assets siezed by the GOV? because that has already been established here as accurate.

are you trying to say that if we exapand medicaid in florida that it will not effect more people who will need to know this information before making a decision?

or are you trying to say that you really dont want to hear any negative thing about your precious fucking obamacare?

Read this 10 more times and maybe you'll get it.

The IRS, which levies the penalties for not complying with the Affordable Care Act, says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies, and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but live in states that don’t offer it.

Update, Jan. 15: A Treasury official also told us it is “very unlikely” that someone who refuses to sign up for Medicaid and cannot afford private insurance would be subject to a fine. That person would likely be eligible for one of at least three exemptions, including a financial hardship exemption.

Dreamsglore wrote:Read this 10 more times and maybe you'll get it.

You might need to read it again. lets see if I can spell this out for your empty head.

1. says it will provide a hardship exemption for certain low-income people who cannot afford insurance even with the subsidies: certain low income people, not all people. do you think people who own a home and are living off a pension will be given that exemption ? LOL

2. and it will provide an exemption for people who are otherwise eligible for the Medicaid expansion but live in states that don’t offer it. We are talking about IF we expand it here so this exemption would no longer be valid.

3. A Treasury official also told us it is “very unlikely” that someone who refuses to sign up for Medicaid and cannot afford private insurance would be subject to a fine. That person would likely be eligible for one of at least three exemptions, including a financial hardship exemption: Very unlikely, not a definite answer. You could get fined. and again, do you really think that someone who owns a home, lives off a pension is going to get a financial hardship? LOL

Now really. this has been beat to death. Im sorry you don't get it. but the facts are YES the GOV can seize your assets. And yes, if there is a expansion here in Florida these people that I have mentioned will have not much of choice but do one of a few things. pay the penalty, buy high priced insurance without a subsidy or go on Medicaid. Now if they choose Medicaid don't you think they should know what could happen to their assets? I do

One word.......dunce.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum