Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

pay attention if you plan on voting to get a gov who will expand medicaid

+4
2seaoat
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

specially people like bob who live off modest withdrawals. or anyone who's house is paid for but has a very low monthly income that would boot them to Medicaid if we expanded it.

looks like a good scheme going on with the gov to seize your assets when you die to pay for your coverage. don't tell the kids.

I guess this applies to anyone on Medicaid now

The govt has wanted more of the estate pie for a long time. Everybody dies... and the govt fully controls healthcare.

What could go wrong?

dumpcare

So who shall we blame? Since this has been happening many, many years. Nothing new here.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The American people have the government they deserve...soon we will envy Mexico's standard of living...

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:So who shall we blame? Since this has been happening many, many years. Nothing new here.

Wrong, there is a LOT that is new.

ObamaCare is now forcing many people into Medicaid who have very low income but sizeable estates.  They have been forced OUT of the insurance they had, were happy with, and could afford.

Now they don't have an option and BIG GOVERNMENT will seize part of their estate when they die.

ppaca wrote:So who shall we blame? Since this has been happening many, many years. Nothing new here.

having insurance MANDATED hasn't been happening many many years. so when these people go onto the exchanges and get bumped to Medicaid, they deserve to know. do you disagree?

Markle wrote:

Wrong, there is a LOT that is new.

ObamaCare is now forcing many people into Medicaid who have very low income but sizeable estates.  They have been forced OUT of the insurance they had, were happy with, and could afford.

Now they don't have an option and BIG GOVERNMENT will seize part of their estate when they die.

correct

dumpcare

Nope you all are incorrect, been happening for many years. If someone has a sizable estate and to damn cheap to purchase their own insurance then they deserve to be on Medicaid, no one is forced into Medicaid, you can go without.

ppaca wrote:Nope you all are incorrect, been happening for many years. If someone has a sizable estate and to damn cheap to purchase their own insurance then they deserve to be on Medicaid, no one is forced into Medicaid, you can go without.

it hasn't been happening that people are forced onto Medicaid as they go on the exchanges and they don't know this. You only know it because you are a insurance salesman. do you think this is public knowledge?

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Nope you all are incorrect, been happening for many years. If someone has a sizable estate and to damn cheap to purchase their own insurance then they deserve to be on Medicaid, no one is forced into Medicaid, you can go without.

Earth to ppaca, Earth to ppaca, all our free citizens are MANDATED to buy insurance. People who HAD insurance but minimal income were forced into Medicaid against their will. Instead of a private insurance company paying claims, now the government pays the claim and then takes it back when you die.

Do you have a plan "B" for when we do not have health insurance agents?

2seaoat

I guess this applies to anyone on Medicaid now

No

I am thankful we have a knowledgeable insurance person who is so polite with the idiocy which is like an old timex watch.....they keep on ticking....even after a licking.

Yes this has been going on for over 30 years.

Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional. A person has a modest 30k home paid for but no income except a small social security check. He has no insurance. He gets sick and has 50k of medical bills after his death....whether it is the government, the doctors, or the hospital, they can make a claim for those services of the last illness against the estate and the probate judge can sell the home and apply the net proceeds to those bills.

Now that same person signs up for the affordable care act and because he has no real assets and income is placed on medicaid. The Attorney general if each state will file a medicaid lien on that home, but different than the person with no insurance, the hospital and doctors are paid. The difference is that the state will not foreclose on that lien until any surviving spouse or children have died or sold the house and moved, so the affordable care act actually gives uninsured persons protections they would not get but for being on medicaid.

You cannot handicap stupidity.

Friend of mine was forced in Medicaid after not being qualified for OBUMMER CARE

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional. You cannot handicap stupidity.

Why don't you just come out and tell said person they are full of shit?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

[quote="2seaoat"]I guess this applies to anyone on Medicaid now

No

I am thankful we have a knowledgeable insurance person who is so polite with the idiocy which is like an old timex watch.....they keep on ticking....even after a licking.

Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional.  A person has a modest 30k home paid for but no income except a small social security check.  He has no insurance.  He gets sick and has 50k of medical bills after his death....whether it is the government, the doctors, or the hospital, they can make a claim for those services of the last illness against the estate and the probate judge can sell the home and apply the net proceeds to those bills.

Now that same person signs up for the affordable care act and because he has no real assets and income is placed on medicaid.  The Attorney general if each state will file a medicaid lien on that home, but different than the person with no insurance, the hospital and doctors are paid.  The difference is that the state will not foreclose on that lien until any surviving spouse or children have died or sold the house and moved, so the affordable care act actually gives uninsured persons protections they would not get but for being on medicaid.

You cannot handicap stupidity.[/quote

That's true so I will not try with you.

No longer has anything to do with their assets. If their income is very low, they get stuck with Medicaid. If they don't like it, and want to pay for their old insurance, tough, you're stuck with Medicaid.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional. You cannot handicap stupidity.

Why don't you just come out and tell said person they are full of shit?

pay attention if you plan on voting to get a gov who will expand medicaid  25b9387d-98a3-4a7c-8780-8c1a95b08103

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:specially people like bob

As of Feb 1st I'm on MediCARE.  No Medicaid for me.

And I'm now a one issue voter.  I'll vote for anybody who I believe will take money from poor people,  welfare people,  rich people, defense contractors,  gays,  straights,  foreign aid,  wars,  churches, the highway department,  the public schools or anybody or anything else,  and give that money to the Medicare system.  And it can be a democrat politician,  a republican,  a tea party,  the Whig Party,  the communist party or the people who drink party.  
That's who I'll be voting for from now until I die.

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I guess this applies to anyone on Medicaid now

No

Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional.  A person has a modest 30k home paid for but no income except a small social security check.  He has no insurance.  He gets sick and has 50k of medical bills after his death....whether it is the government, the doctors, or the hospital, they can make a claim for those services of the last illness against the estate and the probate judge can sell the home and apply the net proceeds to those bills.

Now that same person signs up for the affordable care act and because he has no real assets and income is placed on medicaid.  The Attorney general if each state will file a medicaid lien on that home, but different than the person with no insurance, the hospital and doctors are paid.  The difference is that the state will not foreclose on that lien until any surviving spouse or children have died or sold the house and moved, so the affordable care act actually gives uninsured persons protections they would not get but for being on medicaid.

No longer has anything to do with their assets.  If their income is very low, they get stuck with Medicaid.  If they don't like it, and want to pay for their old insurance, tough, you're stuck with Medicaid.

NO if a person qualify's for medicaid and he/she wants to purchase a regular plan and pay full price they may do so, they do not have to take the medicaid.

dumpcare

There is a misconception here that everyone is mandated to have health insurance: The mandate ends if your income falls under $11,490.00 here in the state of Florida, you have no medicaid, you have no health insurance and you have no penalty.

ppaca wrote:There is a misconception here that everyone is mandated to have health insurance: The mandate ends if your income falls under $11,490.00 here in the state of Florida, you have no medicaid, you have no health insurance and you have no penalty.

no mis conception. this is why I made the title what it is. you did notice that correct?

and lol@bob

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

No

No longer has anything to do with their assets.  If their income is very low, they get stuck with Medicaid.  If they don't like it, and want to pay for their old insurance, tough, you're stuck with Medicaid.

NO if a person qualify's for medicaid and he/she wants to purchase a regular plan and pay full price they may do so, they do not have to take the medicaid.

how nice. so a person on a fixed income who owns a home falls into the category of Medicaid. doesn't want to buy it because they want to leave their home to their children as inheritance. so they decide to not get Medicaid, that is if they even know about this provision, and I doubt it. they get no subsidy, but all those people making 30 or more thousand a year get a subsidy.

seems to me there is some deception. and with all these millions of new people being pushed onto Medicaid I think this provision should be public and more transparent.

Bob wrote:
Dot wrote:specially people like bob

As of Feb 1st I'm on MediCARE.  No Medicaid for me.

And I'm now a one issue voter.  I'll vote for anybody who I believe will take money from poor people,  welfare people,  rich people, defense contractors,  gays,  straights,  foreign aid,  wars,  churches, the highway department,  the public schools or anybody or anything else,  and give that money to the Medicare system.  And it can be a democrat politician,  a republican,  a tea party,  the Whig Party,  the communist party or the people who drink party.  
That's who I'll be voting for from now until I die.

lol bob, youll still need a med sup plan.

and btw, the republican party defends medicare. usually. they havnt done so well under this president defending anything.

dumpcare

I never said the system was not screwed up. Even if they expanded it here in Florida they have very few doctor's who will accept it because of slow and low reimbursements. So you still have everyone showing up at ER.

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

No

how nice. so a person on a fixed income who owns a home falls into the category of Medicaid. doesn't want to buy it because they want to leave their home to their children as inheritance. so they decide to not get Medicaid, that is if they even know about this provision, and I doubt it. they get no subsidy, but all those people making 30 or more thousand a year get a subsidy.

seems to me there is some deception. and with all these millions of new people being pushed onto Medicaid I think this provision should be public and more transparent.

You have misinterpreted your own thread. It does not say your home can be taken in Fl. It says there is no provision one way or the other. You are trying to spread more misinformation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:
lol bob, youll still need a med sup plan.

I have a Medicare supplement plan. But what I have has nothing to do with Medicaid.
I realized a long time ago how unfortunate it is that two entirely different things were given names which are so similiar. All that does is create confusion. It would be like if there was a presidential election and the democrat candidate was named Obama and the republican candidate was named Obamer.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

No

If they have to go to the exchange, they have to take Medicaid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum