Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

pay attention if you plan on voting to get a gov who will expand medicaid

+4
2seaoat
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Can someone just not have coverage and pay the penalty?

Or is that not an option any more?

Markle wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I guess this applies to anyone on Medicaid now

No

I am thankful we have a knowledgeable insurance person who is so polite with the idiocy which is like an old timex watch.....they keep on ticking....even after a licking.

Yes this has been going on for over 30 years.

Now to answer utter ignorance, and especially from someone who is suppose to be a real estate professional.  A person has a modest 30k home paid for but no income except a small social security check.  He has no insurance.  He gets sick and has 50k of medical bills after his death....whether it is the government, the doctors, or the hospital, they can make a claim for those services of the last illness against the estate and the probate judge can sell the home and apply the net proceeds to those bills.

Now that same person signs up for the affordable care act and because he has no real assets and income is placed on medicaid.  The Attorney general if each state will file a medicaid lien on that home, but different than the person with no insurance, the hospital and doctors are paid.  The difference is that the state will not foreclose on that lien until any surviving spouse or children have died or sold the house and moved, so the affordable care act actually gives uninsured persons protections they would not get but for being on medicaid.

You cannot handicap stupidity.[/quote

That's true so I will not try with you.

No longer has anything to do with their assets.  If their income is very low, they get stuck with Medicaid.  If they don't like it, and want to pay for their old insurance, tough, you're stuck with Medicaid.

NO if a person qualify's for medicaid and he/she wants to purchase a regular plan and pay full price they may do so, they do not have to take the medicaid.

If they have to go to the exchange, they have to take Medicaid.

Did he just not post that Markle? They don't have to take the medicaid if they want to pay for it themselves.Got it?

dumpcare

boards of FL wrote:Can someone just not have coverage and pay the penalty?

Yes, you can pay the penalty, but under $11600 (just changed fpl today) they do not have to pay a penalty in Florida.

boards of FL

boards of FL

ppaca wrote:

Yes, you can pay the penalty, but under $11600 (just changed fpl today) they do not have to pay a penalty in Florida.

And there we have it. This entire thread is BS.

2seaoat

Well Mr. Markle, you seemed to have been corrected.

dumpcare

boards of FL wrote:
ppaca wrote:

And there we have it.  This entire thread is BS.

Yep, no one is forced into anything, that is what I said.

ppaca wrote:

You don't pay attention very good. some others here don't either. do you not see the title to this thread? You will have to pay the damn penalty if you elect someone who expands Medicaid for ACA.

Markle

Markle

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:

You don't pay attention very good. some others here don't either. do you not see the title to this thread? You will have to pay the damn penalty if you elect someone who expands Medicaid for ACA.

They don't have to pay a penalty, they have to go on Medicaid. Whether they like it or not.

Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:

They don't have to pay a penalty, they have to go on Medicaid.  Whether they like it or not.  

Yes they will have to go on Medicaid if we expand it with a new governor. But they could opt out of buying ins al together but eventually they would not be able to afford the penalty. and the cost of other plans has sky rocketed that getting one without a subsidy probably isn't a option either.

so what those other states that have expanded will see peoples heritage taken by the gov in lean for Medicaid. when those people might have been willing to go without coverage before or were on some plan that was more affordable.

My point is people need to know about this provision.

There you have it. The entire thread is bullshit. This is the stuff Chrissy posts all the time because of her delusional hate for Obamacare.

Dreamsglore wrote:There you have it. The entire thread is bullshit. This is the stuff Chrissy posts all the time because of her delusional hate for Obamacare.

oh my hate for obamacare isn't delusional. Its absolute factual.

I am the ONLY forum member here still out here dealing with it full frontal.

other than your favorite insurance salesmen, I know yall love them all of a sudden LOL

Markle

Markle

Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:

They don't have to pay a penalty, they have to go on Medicaid.  Whether they like it or not.  

Yes they will have to go on Medicaid if we expand it with a new governor. But they could opt out of buying ins al together but eventually they would not be able to afford the penalty. and the cost of other plans has sky rocketed that getting one without a subsidy probably isn't a option either.

so what those other states that have expanded will see peoples heritage taken by the gov in lean for Medicaid. when those people might have been willing to go without coverage before or were on some plan that was more affordable.

Where will the MONEY come from to expand Medicaid?

Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:

what the hell is wrong with you? I am AGAINST expanding Medicaid. hence my thread title. these people want to expand it here in Florida if you haven't noticed and they are looking forward to electing that over tanned dumb ass to do it.

so not only will expanding it break the states bank, most likely raise taxes, it will put many peoples heritage at stake. that is my point of this thread.

I think im going to start making my threads in bullet point. lol

Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:

That is simply not true as we have learned.

what the hell is wrong with you? I am AGAINST expanding Medicaid. hence my thread title. these people want to expand it here in Florida if you haven't noticed and they are looking forward to electing that over tanned dumb ass to do it.

so not only will expanding it break the states bank, most likely raise taxes, it will put many peoples heritage at stake. that is my point of this thread.

I think im going to start making my threads in bullet point. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:They don't have to pay a penalty, they have to go on Medicaid.  Whether they like it or not.  

Not according to ppaca.  I suspect that every active poster and reader of this forum will defer to ppaca over you and dot on this one. You and dot stand alone in your incorrectness.

ppaca wrote:

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:They don't have to pay a penalty, they have to go on Medicaid.  Whether they like it or not.  

Not according to ppaca.  I suspect that every active poster and reader of this forum will defer to ppaca over you and dot on this one.  You and dot stand alone in your incorrectness.

ppaca wrote:

well then he would be wrong if ppaca is saying that if we expanded medicaid, which is what I am talking about. Not how it is now. Right now medicaid is not exapanded so the penalty doesnt apply for low income. But if we do elect someone who expands it, they have no choice but to go on medicaid, or purchase another ins or pay the penalty.

ppaca, please reply to this statement. thanks

dumpcare

Well yes and no, if it is expanded they are suppose to pay penalty if they don't accept medicaid, but a low income person can apply for an exception not to pay the penalty and I would imagine it would be granted. Anyone that would even want to be on Medicaid in Escambia county is only fooling themselves that other than a couple of docs they would have doctor access, so it's right back to er who does accept medicaid.

Look down the long road though, it is bound to be some kind of single payer whether Medicare for all or something else. I cannot see this working in two years. I can only imagine when the insurance company's apply for their rate increases later this year and if they're approved most of the subsidies won't matter because plans will be dropped right and left. On another note the govt could say to them don't raise rates and we'll reimburse you, therefore costing this program more money than imaginable. Look at the regular rate today for a male in his early 60's on the best plan, it's around $1100 a month, the lowest plan around $650.00. Without a subsidy they cannot afford these premiums. Well there I answered now on to play on an illegal online poker tournament for a couple hours.

ppaca wrote:Well yes and no, if it is expanded they are suppose to pay penalty if they don't accept medicaid, but a low income person can apply for an exception not to pay the penalty and I would imagine it would be granted. Anyone that would even want to be on Medicaid in Escambia county is only fooling themselves that other than a couple of docs they would have doctor access, so it's right back to er who does accept medicaid.

Look down the long road though, it is bound to be some kind of single payer whether Medicare for all or something else. I cannot see this working in two years. I can only imagine when the insurance company's apply for their rate increases later this year and if they're approved most of the subsidies won't matter because plans will be dropped right and left. On another note the govt could say to them don't raise rates and we'll reimburse you, therefore costing this program more money than imaginable. Look at the regular rate today for a male in his early 60's  on the best plan, it's around $1100 a month, the lowest plan around $650.00. Without a subsidy they cannot afford these premiums. Well there I answered now on to play on an illegal online poker tournament for a couple hours.

Lets just be clear here, so there is no confusion for anyone.

as you've agreed, if Medicaid is expanded which is what I have been discussing. they can not get a exception to not pay the fine if they don't want Medicaid or to purchase any other ins, or they are out of compliance with the mandate for everyone to have insurance. Or are you saying the gov will allow these people to go without insurance? I mean isn't that against the whole plan?

we both agree about the usefulness of Medicaid, always have.

Thanks for answering.

knothead

knothead

I'm voting for Charlie . . . . period!

knothead wrote:I'm voting for Charlie . . . . period!

Im voting for anyone against obamacare. ... Period!

Me too!

I predict that he will self-implode before the election.

dumpcare

Wow donked out of the poker game early so thought I'd read a forum I'm a member of on linkedin that I haven't kept up with for 2 months, this following pdf file is very interesting on the medicaid expansion from Jackson Hewitt, seems employer's may be screwed (higher taxes) in states that did not expand the medicaid. I never saw this before.

http://www.jacksonhewitt.com/uploadedFiles/JacksonHewitt2014com/Content/Resource_Center/Healthcare_and_Taxes/Resources/MedicaidChoices_TaxSurprises.pdf

dumpcare

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well yes and no, if it is expanded they are suppose to pay penalty if they don't accept medicaid, but a low income person can apply for an exception not to pay the penalty and I would imagine it would be granted. Anyone that would even want to be on Medicaid in Escambia county is only fooling themselves that other than a couple of docs they would have doctor access, so it's right back to er who does accept medicaid.

Look down the long road though, it is bound to be some kind of single payer whether Medicare for all or something else. I cannot see this working in two years. I can only imagine when the insurance company's apply for their rate increases later this year and if they're approved most of the subsidies won't matter because plans will be dropped right and left. On another note the govt could say to them don't raise rates and we'll reimburse you, therefore costing this program more money than imaginable. Look at the regular rate today for a male in his early 60's  on the best plan, it's around $1100 a month, the lowest plan around $650.00. Without a subsidy they cannot afford these premiums. Well there I answered now on to play on an illegal online poker tournament for a couple hours.

Lets just be clear here, so there is no confusion for anyone.

as you've agreed, if Medicaid is expanded which is what I have been discussing. they can not get a exception to not pay the fine if they don't want Medicaid or to purchase any other ins, or they are out of compliance with the mandate for everyone to have insurance. Or are you saying the gov will allow these people to go without insurance? I mean isn't that against the whole plan?

we both agree about the usefulness of Medicaid, always have.

Thanks for answering.

Maybe not read the jackson hewitt report I posted.

knothead

knothead

Dot wrote:

Im voting for anyone against obamacare. ... Period!

Everything does not center on Obumacare . . . . I'm for Charlie, period!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum