Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

pay attention if you plan on voting to get a gov who will expand medicaid

+4
2seaoat
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well yes and no, if it is expanded they are suppose to pay penalty if they don't accept medicaid, but a low income person can apply for an exception not to pay the penalty and I would imagine it would be granted. Anyone that would even want to be on Medicaid in Escambia county is only fooling themselves that other than a couple of docs they would have doctor access, so it's right back to er who does accept medicaid.

Look down the long road though, it is bound to be some kind of single payer whether Medicare for all or something else. I cannot see this working in two years. I can only imagine when the insurance company's apply for their rate increases later this year and if they're approved most of the subsidies won't matter because plans will be dropped right and left. On another note the govt could say to them don't raise rates and we'll reimburse you, therefore costing this program more money than imaginable. Look at the regular rate today for a male in his early 60's  on the best plan, it's around $1100 a month, the lowest plan around $650.00. Without a subsidy they cannot afford these premiums. Well there I answered now on to play on an illegal online poker tournament for a couple hours.

Lets just be clear here, so there is no confusion for anyone.

as you've agreed, if Medicaid is expanded which is what I have been discussing. they can not get a exception to not pay the fine if they don't want Medicaid or to purchase any other ins, or they are out of compliance with the mandate for everyone to have insurance. Or are you saying the gov will allow these people to go without insurance? I mean isn't that against the whole plan?

we both agree about the usefulness of Medicaid, always have.

Thanks for answering.

Maybe not read the jackson hewitt report I posted.

I read that last week. Not sure how that makes a difference?

explain? because im very aware of the thug Obama punishing employers for a ruling that some may or may not have agreed with.

but it doesn't change the fact that if Florida expands Medicaid, people will have to take it if they qualify for it in the exchange. thus be subject to having to leave their inheritance to the gov. which is what this thread is about.

knothead wrote:
Dot wrote:
knothead wrote:I'm voting for Charlie . . . . period!

Im voting for anyone against obamacare. ... Period!

Everything does not center on Obumacare . . . . I'm for Charlie, period!

it does for me  Razz 

2seaoat

The only state where I saw a big whack was Florida. $169 million...........not exactly going to get a roar of approval from the folks who employ over 50 people because Governor Scott declined the expansion. Look at the uninsured in Florida.....it is a wonder that healthcare is not performed in huts with witch doctors who get paid in sheep and goats.

Texas just lured Caterpillar plants to Texas, but those type of large companies are going to have higher wages and not have the high penalty, but this will have a chilling effect on relocation to Florida or Texas for smaller companies.

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well yes and no, if it is expanded they are suppose to pay penalty if they don't accept medicaid, but a low income person can apply for an exception not to pay the penalty and I would imagine it would be granted. Anyone that would even want to be on Medicaid in Escambia county is only fooling themselves that other than a couple of docs they would have doctor access, so it's right back to er who does accept medicaid.

Look down the long road though, it is bound to be some kind of single payer whether Medicare for all or something else. I cannot see this working in two years. I can only imagine when the insurance company's apply for their rate increases later this year and if they're approved most of the subsidies won't matter because plans will be dropped right and left. On another note the govt could say to them don't raise rates and we'll reimburse you, therefore costing this program more money than imaginable. Look at the regular rate today for a male in his early 60's  on the best plan, it's around $1100 a month, the lowest plan around $650.00. Without a subsidy they cannot afford these premiums. Well there I answered now on to play on an illegal online poker tournament for a couple hours.

as you've agreed, if Medicaid is expanded which is what I have been discussing. they can not get a exception to not pay the fine if they don't want Medicaid or to purchase any other ins, or they are out of compliance with the mandate for everyone to have insurance. Or are you saying the gov will allow these people to go without insurance? I mean isn't that against the whole plan?

Thanks for answering.

explain? because im very aware of the thug Obama punishing employers for a ruling that some may or may not have agreed with.

but it doesn't change the fact that if Florida expands Medicaid, people will have to take it if they qualify for it in the exchange. thus be subject to having to leave their inheritance to the gov. which is what this thread is about.

You certainly don't mind posting false info. on threads. You never have. The facts are medicaid recovery has been in effect since 1993. This is not something that is new w/ Obamacare. It has been in effect for 20 yrs. This is just one of the many examples of your ignorance and why anything you say has to be double checked.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:

Thanks for answering.

You certainly don't mind posting false info. on threads. You never have. The facts are medicaid recovery has been in effect since 1993. This is not something that is new w/ Obamacare. It has been in effect for 20 yrs. This is just one of the many examples of your ignorance and why anything you say has to be double checked.

being forced into it hasn't been around since 1993

what have I posted false?

2seaoat

Please explain how somebody who is qualified for medicaid has an inheritance.

2seaoat wrote:but it doesn't change the fact that if Florida expands Medicaid, people will have to take it if they qualify for it in the exchange. thus be subject to having to leave their inheritance to the gov. which is what this thread is about.

early retired, lives off payment from a pension or ira etc. those people under the exchange get sent to Medicaid.

your state has already collected MILLIONS this way. btw

Dot wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:

Thanks for answering.

being forced into it hasn't been around since 1993

what have I posted false?

You're implying this is a detriment of Obamacare. This is not. It is from medicaid which you don't have to use. If you don't use it, you don't owe the state anything. It has been around for a long time and the fact is if all the heirs die, it is only then the state can come and get it.

2seaoat wrote:but it doesn't change the fact that if Florida expands Medicaid, people will have to take it if they qualify for it in the exchange. thus be subject to having to leave their inheritance to the gov. which is what this thread is about.

She's talking about if you own property like a house but she is misleading you when she says that. There are certain instances where the state can recoup their money but only under certain conditions.

Dot wrote:

early retired, lives off  payment from a pension or ira etc. those people under the exchange get sent to Medicaid.

Stop telling that lie. All the heirs have to be dead.

Dreamsglore wrote:

She's talking about if you own property like a house but she is misleading you when she says that. There are certain instances where the state can recoup their money but only under certain conditions.

you just contradicted yourself.

I am not misleading. you just said it yourself. apparently he thinks people getting on Medicaid cant own a house.

so why don't you tell us what I am misleading on since you just said the same damn thing I did.  Rolling Eyes 

Markle

Markle

You really need to keep up.

Someone can have a beautiful house, and a hefty portfolio and show little or no income and they are forced into Medicaid. If they become ill and incur large expenses, paid for by Medicaid, Medicaid must recover their expenses from the estate.

Dot wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

you just contradicted yourself.

I am not misleading. you just said it yourself. apparently he thinks people getting on Medicaid cant own a house.

so why don't you tell us what I am misleading on since you just said the same damn thing I did.  Rolling Eyes 

No,I didn't contradict myself. Again, all the heirs have to be dead.

Markle wrote:

Someone can have a beautiful house, and a hefty portfolio and show little or no income and they are forced into Medicaid.   If they become ill and incur large expenses, paid for by Medicaid, Medicaid must recover their expenses from the estate.

No, they cannot have a hefty portfolio. That's false. They can only have something like 2-3 thousand in assets besides their house. The home is protected in Fl. They can put their house in a trust though if they have a lot of equity.

Markle wrote:

Someone can have a beautiful house, and a hefty portfolio and show little or no income and they are forced into Medicaid.   If they become ill and incur large expenses, paid for by Medicaid, Medicaid must recover their expenses from the estate.

cheers exactly!

and people need to know this. that is all I have been trying to say. it needs to be made public because with a expansion a lot of people are going to be put on this program.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

No, they cannot have a hefty portfolio. That's false. They can only have something like 2-3 thousand in assets besides their house. The home is protected in Fl. They can put their house in a trust though if they have a lot of equity.

sorry, you are quoting florida current law. we are talking about the expansion rules here.

Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers exactly!

and people need to know this. that is all I have been trying to say. it needs to be made public because with a expansion a lot of people are going to be put on this program.  

http://www.floridamedicaid.com/Rules/transferrules.htm

Again transferring people to medicaid dies not not mean you lose your assets. You are misleading people.

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 2/13/2014, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

If anyone wants to digest the whole ball of wax, here it is. From my once over, very quickly, everybody here is right and everybody here is wrong. Who'd have thought that?

OpEdNews Op Eds 2/10/2014 at 12:15:51
Obamacare: The Final Payment

[...]
You won't find estate recovery in the ACA. It's in the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1993 (OBRA 1993) -- a federal statute which applies to Medicaid, and, if you are enrolled in Medicaid, it will apply to you.

Estate Recovery

OBRA 1993 requires all states that receive Medicaid funding to seek recovery from the estates of deceased Medicaid patients for medical services received in a nursing home or other long-term care institution, home- and community-based services and related hospital and prescription drug services regardless of age. It also allows, at state option, recovery for all services used in the Medicaid state plan at age 55 or older. At minimum, states must pursue recovery from the probate estate which includes property that passes to heirs under state probate law, but states can expand the definition of estate to allow recovery from property that bypasses probate. This means states can use procedures for direct recovery from bank accounts and other funds. The state keeps a running tally, and even if you have a will, your heirs are chopped liver. Estate recovery can be exempted or deferred in certain situations after your death, but the regulations for this are limited and complicated with multitudes of conditions.

[...]

You must first understand that if an exchange determines you are eligible for Medicaid, you have no other choice. Code for exchanges specifies that an applicant is not eligible for a subsidized plan to the extent that he or she is eligible for coverage under Medicaid. Therefore, when you apply, if you are found eligible, you will be tossed into Medicaid. You can also be auto-enrolled in Medicaid if you are presumed eligible through a database such as SNAP (food stamps). If you are enrolled in a subsidized private plan through an exchange and your circumstances change making you eligible for Medicaid, in you go.

Obamacare revises Medicaid regulations in order to make more Americans eligible for Medicaid. Revised regulations include an increase in age and income limitations, and the asset test no longer applies. Prior to these revisions, applicants were not eligible for Medicaid if they had more than a specific dollar amount in assets.

Read more, the article is 7 pages. This is just from the first page.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Obamacare-The-Final-Payme-by-Paul-Craig-Roberts-Assets_Medicaid_Obamacare_Poor-140210-807.html

ObamaCare is so fouled up I don't think any one person or group of persons know their a$$ from their elbows about this mass confusion of laws.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers exactly!

Again transferring people to medicaid dies not not mean you loose your assets. You are misleading people.

OMG... you can not use florida Medicaid rules, we are talking about the expansion.  Rolling Eyes 

I am not misleading people, I am INFORMING them.

Those who are eligible for Medicaid under the ACA expansion are not eligible for government subsidies to buy private insurance on state or federal health exchanges, so they have little choice but to accept Medicaid

The ACA expanded Medicaid, beginning in January, to include nearly all non-disabled adults under age 65 with household incomes “up to 138% FPL ($31,809 for a family of four in 2012), which would make millions of currently uninsured adults newly eligible for the program,”

The interaction of the federal Affordable Care Act and existing state Medicaid estate recovery laws is a legitimate issue and something that Medicaid recipients need to understand before they sign up

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/medicaid-estate-recovery-program/

People just need to be aware of this if florida expands. all I want is transparency. not sure what your problem is with this ACCURATE information getting out here.

If you can't use Fl. medicaid rules then the asset recovery doesn't apply.

Dot wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers exactly!

Again transferring people to medicaid dies not not mean you loose your assets. You are misleading people.

OMG... you can not use florida Medicaid rules, we are talking about the expansion.  Rolling Eyes 

Those who are eligible for Medicaid under the ACA expansion are not eligible for government subsidies to buy private insurance on state or federal health exchanges, so they have little choice but to accept Medicaid

The ACA expanded Medicaid, beginning in January, to include nearly all non-disabled adults under age 65 with household incomes “up to 138% FPL ($31,809 for a family of four in 2012), which would make millions of currently uninsured adults newly eligible for the program,”

The interaction of the federal Affordable Care Act and existing state Medicaid estate recovery laws is a legitimate issue and something that Medicaid recipients need to understand before they sign up

People just need to be aware of this if florida expands. all I want is transparency. not sure what your problem is with this ACCURATE information getting out here.

Again, for the last time. Read your own post. If there are heirs they do not take your assets.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers exactly!

Again, for the last time. Read your own post. If there are heirs they do not take your assets.

From my post. And I have said there is so much confusion, fraud is already rampant, will get worse and the whole this will cost TRILLIONS.

At minimum, states must pursue recovery from the probate estate which includes property that passes to heirs under state probate law, but states can expand the definition of estate to allow recovery from property that bypasses probate. This means states can use procedures for direct recovery from bank accounts and other funds. The state keeps a running tally, and even if you have a will, your heirs are chopped liver.

President Barack Hussein Obama has made nearly 30 illegal changes in the law since it took effect. Whatever might be the law today is no guarantee that it will be tomorrow.

dumpcare

Dot wrote:

early retired, lives off  payment from a pension or ira etc. those people under the exchange get sent to Medicaid.

Ok, I can see this some of this because you use your income to determine where you stand in the poverty level, but some of these pensions are taxed and may bring them into a higher category. Better yet If you are on the exchange and it says you qualify for medicaid only, you do not have to accept it and if you have money in the bank or any other money coming from somewhere you can purchase a plan off exchange.

About 99% of the ones I have completed a subsidy app on that said you qualified for medicaid did not accept it. Around 25% of people wanting to complete a subsidy app have not filed taxes in the past several years.

If you don't file taxes you won't have to pay penalty. These people that did not accept medicaid will not have to pay penalty. If medicaid is expanded here and someone elects not to accept it and that is their choice they may not have to pay penalty, like I said there will be many exceptions.

dumpcare

The penalty just may be a mute point for this year, there was a short excerpt on Fox news yesterday afternoon that the penalty may be delayed until next year, whether it's true or not remains to be seen in the coming days or weeks.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Dot wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers exactly!

the heirs have to be under 21 or a spouse. lots of single/divorced people if you havnt noticed.

and for the last time, people just need to know this can happen.

I swear yall are the densest people I have ever seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum