Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Posting Of Names

+9
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
VectorMan
no stress
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Slicef18
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Posting Of Names Empty The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:37 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

There's been some discussion this morning about the posting of names and other information. QUESTION:
WHAT IS THE POINT OF POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OTHERS?

2The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:40 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Slicef18 wrote:There's been some discussion this morning about the posting of names and other information. QUESTION:

Some have attempted to cause others to lose their jobs that way. Still others have been hit with death threats...yeah they played rough in the past..

3The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:48 am

So-called anonymous posters tend to make outrageous posts, some of which are downright nasty and mean. In an effort to get "even" personal info is posted. This causes anguish and worries about personal and job safety.

If posters had only been civil to begin with there would be no animosity.

Eric Ericson

4The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:51 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If anybody posts my real name, Bob Wood, to this forum I'm going to find you and I'm going to kill your goddamn ass. And it doesn't matter how mean and tough you are. Because I'll shoot you in the back from the distance and you'll never know what hit you.

5The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:53 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:There's been some discussion this morning about the posting of names and other information. QUESTION:

Some have attempted to cause others to lose their jobs that way. Still others have been hit with death threats...yeah some played rough in the past..

Thanks for the reply. According to an officer in the Cyber Crimes unit those activities would be considered cyber stalking. He said the crime of cyber stalking is now a prosecutable offense. Of course as long as there are no complaints they don't get involved. But once a complaint is filed their unit becomes the investigating department.

6The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:55 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I have better things to do with my leisure time.

7The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:57 am

no stress

no stress

I know and have met about 6 or 8 guys and gals on here, some of them i've drank tea with. They have my utmost respect and a solemn promise to never mention their real name. Many others on here have by intent or inadvertently used their real names in a post or a link to a post. I feel badly for them, but if you have put it out there intentionally then you should not be mad when some of these folks throw it back out there from time to time. Does it suck? Hell yeah ! Will it matter six moths from now? Probably not

8The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 10:57 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I have better things to do with my leisure time.
Very Happy

9The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 12:52 pm

The individual in question, posted her personal info at the paper forum. She prob mouthed off and insulted someone & in retaliation, they used her info to harass her.

She had an unjustified breakdown yesterday because Dreams called her by her first name. She also has a history of posting photos trying to out (identify) other pnj forum members.

Now if she had never posted her personal info and Dreams had somehow figured out her real name and posted it, I could understand the anger but that is not the case here.

10The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:04 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:If anybody posts my real name, Bob Wood, to this forum I'm going to find you and I'm going to kill your goddamn ass. And it doesn't matter how mean and tough you are. Because I'll shoot you in the back from the distance and you'll never know what hit you.

Damn, Bob! Take it easy dude!

Sure don't want to cross you!
Laughing

I've met a couple of people from this forum. Had some good times. But, I'd never let my personal information (name) get out on this forum. I see crazy people. affraid

11The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:16 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I figured out how to outsmart all those people who want to post my name and all my personal information. I posted it for em. lol

12The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:18 pm

PNJ Moderator wrote:

The individual in question, posted her personal info at the paper forum. She prob mouthed off and insulted someone & in retaliation, they used her info to harass her.

She had an unjustified breakdown yesterday because Dreams called her by her first name. She also has a history of posting photos trying to out (identify) other pnj forum members.

Now if she had never posted her personal info and Dreams had somehow figured out her real name and posted it, I could understand the anger but that is not the case here.

You keep repeating this like a goddamned broken record, and I've had it about up to "here" with you defending people who post others' personal information (i.e. NAMES) on the forums.

Sure, Chrissy made the mistake of posting some of her personal information @PNJ, but to my recollection that did NOT include her full name. Some OTHER jerkoff did that. You MUST be a man, because you clearly have no idea the fear that it strikes in a woman when you have been so exposed.

At any rate, ALL of that is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that no matter HOW OR WHEN a person came by the personal information of another forum member, THERE ARE NO CIRCUMSTANCES* UNDER WHICH THEY SHOULD POST THEM TO AN OPEN FORUM.

Last edited by riceme on 7/30/2012, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Edited to note the exclusion of Bob from above rule. If you wanna know why, ask him your damned self. I'm done explaining simple shit to you.)

13The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's a new tv series on HBO called "The Newsroom".
It's about a cable tv news operation. The anchorman really has the redass for anonymous people posting critical stuff about him on the internet. The current episode which first aired last night will be repeated through the week and that's the theme of the episode. The tv company decides to hire a service that can identify who all the anonymous posters are. It's pretty entertaining.

14The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:23 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

riceme wrote:
PNJ Moderator wrote:

You keep repeating this like a goddamned broken record, and I've had it about up to "here" with you defending people who post others' personal information (i.e. NAMES) on the forums.

Sure, Chrissy made the mistake of posting some of her personal information @PNJ, but to my recollection that did NOT include her full name. Some OTHER jerkoff did that. You MUST be a man, because you clearly have no idea the fear that it strikes in a woman when you have been so exposed.

At any rate, ALL of that is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that no matter HOW OR WHEN a person came by the personal information of another forum member, THERE ARE NO CIRCUMSTANCES* UNDER WHICH THEY SHOULD POST THEM TO AN OPEN FORUM.

Amen!

15The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:38 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:There's a new tv series on HBO called "The Newsroom".
It's about a cable tv news operation. The anchorman really has the redass for anonymous people posting critical stuff about him on the internet. The current episode which first aired last night will be repeated through the week and that's the theme of the episode. The tv company decides to hire a service that can identify who all the anonymous posters are. It's pretty entertaining.

I don't have HBO, but here is what one of my right wing web sites had to say about it.

The media have been in a frenzy lately over the Sunday premiere of Aaron Sorkin’s latest show, The Newsroom. Some critics, such as Dan Rather, praised it as a "classic" worth of Citizen Kane. However, many have downplayed the left-wing, anti-American tone of the show's pilot, which includes one liberal lecture after another.

In the opening scene, new anchor Will MacAvoy (portrayed by actor Jeff Daniels) is asked by the moderator of a forum for journalism students at Northwestern about the reason that he does not expressly reveal his political leanings. When the moderator asks him if, “you feel the integrity of your broadcast would be compromised?” MacAvoy smugly says, “that sounds like a good answer, I’ll take it.” Seconds later, his tirade against America begins. [Video coming soon. MP3 audio here.]

MacAvoy's purported sense of balance goes out the window when an audience member asks him to state, in one sentence, why America is the greatest country in the world. He launches into a tirade, calling the young woman “a sorority girl” and telling her that "just in case" she "accidentally wanders into a voting booth one day" she should know that, "there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kelly-mcgarey/2012/06/26/sorkins-newsroom-angry-liberals-lecturing-americans#ixzz2282BLJ00

16The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:41 pm

"there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world."
True

17The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:41 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:"there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world."
True

Ditto

18The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:46 pm

riceme wrote:
PNJ Moderator wrote:

Look you little dipshit, no harm was done posting her first name. Chrissy did more than post her info, she also tried to out others-posting photos over at pnj, trying her damn best to hurt someone else with her shenanigans. Chrissy was cyber stalked & SHE cyberstalked as well. Drill that into your lil dipshit brain please.

19The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:52 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PNJ Moderator wrote:
riceme wrote:
PNJ Moderator wrote:

Look you little dipshit, no harm was done posting her first name. Chrissy did more than post her info, she also tried to out others-posting photos over at pnj, trying her damn best to hurt someone else with her shenanigans. Chrissy was cyber stalked & SHE cyberstalked as well. Drill that into your lil dipshit brain please.

You are NOT calling riceme a Dipshit ? Have you lost your fricken mind ? You low life scum. Post your name so riceme can come kick your little ass. What a dipshit you are.

20The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:55 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I saw a video clip from that show tecsa posted on the PNJ. The actor said that the USA is not the greatest country and then went on to give examples of countries that have freedom...and mentioned Japan.

Well, what is interesting is that on the same PNJ thread where this video was posted, there was also talk about The Patriot Act and how wrong it was for Bush to sign it (not mentioning that Obama has twiced signed to continue the Patriot Act with cooperation from BOTH parties) Anyway, anyone who claims that Japanese have more freedoms and rights than Americans clearly does not understand that Americans, under our legal system, have rights that Japanese citizens and other citizens of other countries do not have. In Japan, the police can arrest you and hold you for weeks, without filing charges. In Japan, you have no right to phone calls, and no right to have an attorney with you while being questioned by the police during these weeks that they are holding you.

So as far as I am concerned--that TV show is BS because the clip that I saw (concerning Japan having all these freedoms, at least) is total BS. The USA is not perfect and does not do everything right. There are many things that need to be changed in the USA. Some other countries do some things better than we do. But some things in the USA are better than in most other countries. I am tired of the America-bashing, especially of people vilifying the USA while praising everything about other countries. There is good and bad in almost every country. And other countries are not always the bright shining lights that some America-bashers try to make them out to be.

21The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 1:56 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:I saw a video clip from that show tecsa posted on the PNJ. The actor said that the USA is not the greatest country and then went on to give examples of countries that have freedom...and mentioned Japan.

Well, what is interesting is that on the same PNJ thread where this video was posted, there was also talk about The Patriot Act and how wrong it was for Bush to sign it (not mentioning that Obama has twiced signed to continue the Patriot Act with cooperation from BOTH parties) Anyway, anyone who claims that Japanese have more freedoms and rights than Americans clearly does not understand that Americans, under our legal system, have rights that Japanese citizens and other citizens of other countries do not have. In Japan, the police can arrest you and hold you for weeks, without filing charges. In Japan, you have no right to phone calls, and no right to speak to an attorney while being questioned by the police during these weeks that they are holding you.

So as far as I am concerned--that TV show is BS because the clip that I saw (concerning Japan having all these freedoms, at least) is total BS. The USA is not perfect and does not do everything right. There are many things that need to be changed in the USA. Some other countries do some things better than we do. But some things in the USA are better than in most other countries. I am tired of the America-bashing, especially of people vilifying the USA while praising everything about other countries. There is good and bad in almost every country. And other countries are not always the bright shining lights that some America-bashers try to make them out to be.

America used to be a great country..now it's circling the drain.

22The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 2:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Teo, I agree that we are not what we used to be. That doesn't mean that other countries are "better" than us. Every country has bad points and good points. Bashing America will not get us to going in the direction that I believe that most Americans want us to go...with rights and freedoms that we used to hold so dear along with good jobs and a good life or at least the opportunity to make a good life, etc...

23The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 2:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

America used to be a great country..now it's circling the drain.

Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise?

24The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 2:15 pm

I like Riceme and I do not think she is worthy of such rancor. If names are to be posted, let the owner of that name make it known... and repeat it if they chose to let people know their name.

Teo, if you despise our country, why continue to grouse? Why not find ways to improve upon it instead of demonizing it?

You could find a "better" country to live in and move there. I prefer this one.

25The Posting Of Names Empty Re: The Posting Of Names 7/30/2012, 2:25 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:I like Riceme and I do not think she is worthy of such rancor. If names are to be posted, let the owner of that name make it known... and repeat it if they chose to let people know their name.

Teo, if you despise our country, why continue to grouse? Why not find ways to improve upon it instead of demonizing it?

You could find a "better" country to live in and move there. I prefer this one.

I get this same BS argument from retired retarded babyboomers that hit the big time and now are coasting along in an America that their kids will never know. They are fine so what's everyone complaining about ? Right ?...Well I am in great shape but my Grandkids are headed for a surveillance police state to live in. Go put your head back in the American sand you keep it in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum