Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gannet newspaper publishes names and addresses of gun owners

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Crossing the line.

Human wrote:http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Crossing the line.

I am surprised that publishing that information is legal. Wow.

VectorMan

VectorMan

It may actually help make the gun owners and their families safer. Would you break in to a house if you knew the occupants were armed?

riceme wrote:
Human wrote:http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Crossing the line.

It is public information and available under the FOIA.

no stress

no stress

Gannet is just furthering their anti- second amendment stance. They are almost tits up anyway.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

might help some dirtbags steal some guns to kill innocent people..

VectorMan wrote:It may actually help make the gun owners and their families safer. Would you break in to a house if you knew the occupants were armed?

Or make it where criminals stake out your house to see a pattern of comings and goings so that they know when to come to your house and steal your weapons.

I bought a nice one today....

no stress

no stress

Virtually every comment on that article was slamming it. Does gannet ever get any positive feedback? Not even up North? LOL

riceme wrote:

Crossing the line.

Gannet newspaper publishes names and addresses of gun owners Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlfz2ZeAtJ5QkHyh37zw-H56ilNM8yf4SKZKkEGRsR7vfUtwqXHw

The information is part of the governments open records files so it's accessible to anyone.

The newspaper pulled that in my county for permits county wide and had hundreds of people cancel their subscription in return. Long story short the paper printed an apology but I don't think it brought long time subscribers back. Those subscribers went to another newspaper in one of the smaller towns in county and asked them to publish county wide obituaries and other certain county local news items if they all agreed to subscribe there instead.

After all most of those subscribers are only looking for local news from the local paper anyway. They get most of the worldwide breaking news from other sources that are either statewide or nationwide.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5GXbk58R0

Smile

no stress

no stress

Isnt it odd how something that lives and breathes by virtue of the first amendment constantly slams the second.

Markle

Markle

Looks to be a shopping list for criminals. Just avoid the homes with weapons.

I wonder if there would be any legal ramifications for the newspaper if someone in one of the houses without weapons was broken into and the owners assaulted or worse?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:might help some dirtbags steal some guns to kill innocent people..

That was my thinking as well, T.

*An aside: About 50% of the time I don't get the little marker on this site showing me that there are new comments to threads to which I have commented. Does that happen to anyone else??

Last edited by riceme on 12/26/2012, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:It may actually help make the gun owners and their families safer. Would you break in to a house if you knew the occupants were armed?

Or make it where criminals stake out your house to see a pattern of comings and goings so that they know when to come to your house and steal your weapons.

I bought a nice one today....

That is kind of similar to what happened to me in March of 2011, except that it was at 0339 hours and I was tazed. The guy had been a subcontractor who helped build the house next door and knew my patterns, comings and goings, that I was a single girl with no dog or boyfriend, etc. I only WISH that all he wanted were my firearms and had broken in while I wasn't home though.

Gunz wrote:Isnt it odd how something that lives and breathes by virtue of the first amendment constantly slams the second.

A strange and unfortunate contradiction for sure, Gunz. No

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damn. That must be one of the safest places on Earth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum