Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is Seaoat?

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
Jake92
Hospital Bob
Sal
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Floridatexan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:14 am

I think Oats and Studer are on a trip together. Studer is trying to get get some good advice on building his new SMCA (formely YMCA)

27Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:18 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:I think Oats and Studer are on a trip together. Studer is trying to get get some good advice on building his new SMCA (formely YMCA)
You've made me remember him telling us how much he looked forward to seeing a baseball game in that park. Does anyone know if ever got that chance?

28Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:23 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Last post before I go to bed.

The before

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Before10

the after

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 After10

Thanks, Seaoat. You're my hero.

p.s. and don't worry, not even Buttman could smoke butts that small.

Last edited by Bob on 2/9/2013, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

29Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:23 am

Bob wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:I think Oats and Studer are on a trip together. Studer is trying to get get some good advice on building his new SMCA (formely YMCA)
You've made me remember him telling us how much he looked forward to seeing a baseball game in that park. Does anyone know if ever got that chance?

Not that I know of. If he is OK we need to make it happen if we can. Let him check it and we can talk in private how to make it happen. It would be great if we could get Mr Studer to Invite him.

30Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:24 am

Bob wrote:I think what Seaoat would want us to do is to try to learn something from what all he shared with us.
And there's only one thing I personally could do to ever try to live up to that.
I just put out a cigarette and I'm gonna make that my last one. And a week from now and a year from now and for the rest of my life I'm going to remember who made that possible for me.

I give you twenty minutes before you light up again.

31Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:25 am

Bob wrote:Last post before I go to bed.

The before

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Before10

the after

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 After10

Thanks, Seaoat. You're my hero.

p.s. and don't worry, not even Buttman could smoke butts that small.

Now your Ass has to do it!!!! Good Job!!! We need Bobs also.

32Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:27 am

Hey!!!! Thats not your brand!!!! Did you find a pack some where?

33Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:31 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Now your Ass has to do it!!!!

I know. That's the one thing that will make it happen this time. I could never look at myself in the mirror again if it doesn't because that would be lying to him. And lying to him would be even harder for me to do than quitting.

34Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:33 am

Come walk Sunday if you can.

35Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 12:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:Hey!!!! Thats not your brand!!!! Did you find a pack some where?

I haven't had a brand since the price of the goddamn things got over $3 (which is now a long time ago). After that I started buying whichever brand was cheap.
Those were called "Wings" and the only reason I was buying those was because the neighborhood dope peddler (Circle K) gave me all the $1 off coupons on those I wanted.
But they're all made in the same factories. Just with different labels put on them. The "Marlboro Man" gets the same diseases as the one who smokes "Wings". And so does the man who smokes "lights" and so does the one who smokes "ultralights". It's all just a load of unadulterated horseshit.

36Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:17 am

Jake92

If he needs platelets or whole blood, I will gladly donate what I can for him.. I have AB Pos which is the universal doner for platelets and plasma.. I'll be there for the walk Sunday morning..

37Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:52 am

Jake92 wrote:If he needs platelets or whole blood, I will gladly donate what I can for him.. I have AB Pos which is the universal doner for platelets and plasma.. I'll be there for the walk Sunday morning..

Good deal See ya there

38Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 2:30 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

All I can say is I am glad I don't have any addictions....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

39Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 9:18 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Bob wrote:

Not that I know of. If he is OK we need to make it happen if we can. Let him check it and we can talk in private how to make it happen. It would be great if we could get Mr Studer to Invite him.

Hallmark, although this is a wonderful idea, I know that Seaoat would not want us to do that. I know that from experience.

Last year, when we were trying to make certain Seaoat had his own private tour of the park before the official opening day, Quint Studer was the only person who responded to me, although I wrote to all of the members of the CMPA. Quint Studer offered not just one invitation but two. He wrote back three times in total. He took our request very seriously, and he was prepared to make it happen had Seaoat wanted it. Seaoat did not, and I respect that.

Seaoat's anonymity has always been of upmost importance to him. I didn't take that into account when I tried to set that up. I know I embarrassed Seaoat at the time, even though he thanked me publicly like the gentleman I know him to be.

If I recall, Seaoat did make it to some games last year.

Another way to honor him - and he will probably be upset with me when he reads this - would be to name the park the "Pensacola Seaoat Municipal Park", or somesuch. That name would be apropos on several levels.

40Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 9:21 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Jake92 wrote:If he needs platelets or whole blood, I will gladly donate what I can for him.. I have AB Pos which is the universal doner for platelets and plasma.. I'll be there for the walk Sunday morning..

Good deal See ya there

Now donation of blood is a whole 'nuther animal. That we could easily arrange, if we had some way to get in touch with Seaoat or his family.

41Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 9:29 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:All I can say is I am glad I don't have any addictions....

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Liar10

We know about your little dark secret......

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Chocoh10

42Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 11:33 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:Come walk Sunday if you can.

We have rearranged our schedule to make it. Dadgum 60% chance of rain on Sunday. I hope that's for later in the day.

I'm gonna try to go to Chrissy's tree today (while the sun is shining) and make a panoramic photo.

43Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 11:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

We have rearranged our schedule to make it. Dadgum 60% chance of rain on Sunday. I hope that's for later in the day.

Looks like it is...

Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Tv10

But the source of that is the "jim cantorified tv meteorology" so if it turns out to be bullshit, blame him not me. lol

44Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 11:50 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We're counting on you to supply the bloody marys, Eric. You're the resident mixologist. And lord knows with the nicotine fit I already have I'm gonna need one. lol

45Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:00 pm

Bob wrote:We're counting on you to supply the bloody marys, Eric. You're the resident mixologist. And lord knows with the nicotine fit I already have I'm gonna need one. lol

That weather report came from the folks that brought us "Winter Storm Nemo"? I read that the National Weather Service commented on naming winter storms... it's silly and they're not gonna do it. So, we had a low that went through the South, then up the Eastern Seaboard... and we had a clipper from the Northern tier of states... and they combined. Which one was Nemo?

Bloody Marys sound good. I'll see what I can do.

I don't know how far my right leg will go on a walk. I pulled a thigh muscle a couple of days ago when I tried to kick my barking dog away from the front door. Serves me right, I guess. Shouldn't have tried to kick the dog, lol

46Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:12 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:I think what Seaoat would want us to do is to try to learn something from what all he shared with us.
And there's only one thing I personally could do to ever try to live up to that.
I just put out a cigarette and I'm gonna make that my last one. And a week from now and a year from now and for the rest of my life I'm going to remember who made that possible for me.

I give you twenty minutes before you light up again.

I was thinking along those lines too. Hang in there, Bob. You can do eeet.

47Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm still smoke-free so far and 20 more minutes is a piece of cake.
But 20 more hours will be a better test. lol

48Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is from the Pensacola Interstate Fair website...

In 1940, the Fair purchased its first permanent location on Pottery Plant Road, later known as Fairfield Drive.

I think Pensapedia is wrong. I think Pottery Plant Rd did not dead end at Palafox and continued west at least to where the fairgrounds property was.
But I can't place exactly where it was in relation to Fairfield.

49Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:24 pm

Bob wrote:This is from the Pensacola Interstate Fair website...

In 1940, the Fair purchased its first permanent location on Pottery Plant Road, later known as Fairfield Drive.

I think Pensapedia is wrong. I think Pottery Plant Rd did not dead end at Palafox and continued west at least to where the fairgrounds property was.
But I can't place exactly where it was in relation to Fairfield.

Wrong thread, Bubba.

50Where is Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Seaoat? 2/9/2013, 1:26 pm

I think they are talking about where Builders Square was located.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum