Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for Pacedog and others who share his opinions.

+10
Captn Kaoz
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Sal
Yella
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Jake92

Make the laws that limit the amount and test it just like alcohol for law enforcement purposes.. If you smoked too much or too recently, you get busted just like it was alcohol..

Markle wrote:
They buy the pot, sell the pot to kids and buy harder drugs.

Where do you get your information?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Now if I'm looking to establish or move a manufacturing plant or my family to another state the quality of life and WORKER is a prime importance. Gee...would I pick a state where my workers can legally come to work stoned or go out to lunch to get stoned as they did in those videos of the GM workers.

Firstly, you have no idea whatever what "stoned" even means.
Secondly, you're just spewing more bullshit and lies because all a company has to do is implement random drug testing and hold that over the heads of it's employees. That's now routine and has been for some time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

We're a college town. Many fatal accidents are the result of alcohol AND pot. We have had them on a fairly regular basis involving just marijuana.

Bullshit. Cite me the evidence that you have "regular fatalities associated with JUST marijuana". That's nothing but an outright lie.

Look, when it comes to this, you and pacedog and ghandi don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're all three just talking out your asses.

...as usual.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:Not a single poster here has considered the usual unintended consequences.

California, due to their astronomical taxes and debt have companies and individuals leaving in droves. Coincidentally they also have medical marijuana which anyone can get. They buy the pot, sell the pot to kids and buy harder drugs.

Now if I'm looking to establish or move a manufacturing plant or my family to another state the quality of life and WORKER is a prime importance. Gee...would I pick a state where my workers can legally come to work stoned or go out to lunch to get stoned as they did in those videos of the GM workers.

When businesses and revenues start leaving Washington and Colorado...I bet the voters for drugs will find a way to blame Conservatives.

False equivalency...par for the course coming from you. You have a family that claims you?

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

We're a college town. Many fatal accidents are the result of alcohol AND pot. We have had them on a fairly regular basis involving just marijuana.

Bullshit. Cite me the evidence that you have "regular fatalities associated with JUST marijuana". That's nothing but an outright lie.

Look, when it comes to this, you and pacedog and ghandi don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're all three just talking out your asses.

I've posted medically researched evidence. All you have is your psychological addiction to inhaling smoke into your lungs.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Firstly, you have no idea whatever what "stoned" even means.
Secondly, you're just spewing more bullshit and lies because all a company has to do is implement random drug testing and hold that over the heads of it's employees. That's now routine and has been for some time.

Markle is still pissed that Romney lost, so he must vent his disappointment in any way he can. His hatred of pot is a way.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I've posted medically researched evidence. All you have is your psychological addiction to inhaling smoke into your lungs.
I'll tell you what you're doing. You and markel both. What you're doing is like if a draft dodger came on here and tried to tell Vietnam Vets what war was like. And then you add insult to injury by doubling down on it. lol

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I'll tell you what you're doing. You and markel both. What you're doing is like if a draft dodger came on here and tried to tell Vietnam Vets what war was like. And then you add insult to injury by doubling down on it. lol

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's like a virgin teaching a sex education class, who use's the Bible as their source for expert information.

W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's like a virgin teaching a sex education class, who use's the Bible as their source for expert information.

Jesus still loves you WTM.

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I guess the posts I linked with all of the PhD credentials behind the research mean nothing to your pea sized brain.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I guess the posts I linked with all of the PhD credentials behind the research mean nothing to your pea sized brain.

I buy baseball caps at the yard sales. Lots and lots of them. Dozens and dozens. I have to buy that many because only about one in ten can be adjusted big enough to fit my head. If my brain is pea-sized then it must have a lot of skull around it. lol

Markle

Markle

jose balu wrote:
Markle wrote:
They buy the pot, sell the pot to kids and buy harder drugs.

Where do you get your information?

California

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Not a single poster here has considered the usual unintended consequences.

California, due to their astronomical taxes and debt have companies and individuals leaving in droves. Coincidentally they also have medical marijuana which anyone can get. They buy the pot, sell the pot to kids and buy harder drugs.

When businesses and revenues start leaving Washington and Colorado...I bet the voters for drugs will find a way to blame Conservatives.

False equivalency...par for the course coming from you. You have a family that claims you?

How is it a false equivalency? Are companies and individuals going to pick Washington because getting stoned is encouraged? Especially for your children? Well, unless they are stoners already or manufacture bongs or whatever they are. Oh...right, they're probably made in India or China.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Question: How Does Marijuana Affect Driving?

Answer: Marijuana has serious harmful effects on the skills required to drive safely: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and the ability to react quickly. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

Marijuana may play a role in car accidents. In one study conducted in Memphis, TN, researchers found that, of 150 reckless drivers who were tested for drugs at the arrest scene, 33 percent tested positive for marijuana, and 12 percent tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine.

Data have also shown that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjkids_faq13.htm

###

Smoking marijuana a couple of hours before you drive almost doubles your chances of having a serious car crash, say Canadian researchers.

The study led by Associate Professor Mark Asbridge from Dalhousie University in Halifax, is the first to review of data from drivers who had been treated for serious injuries or died in car accidents.

"To our knowledge this meta-analysis is the first to examine the association between acute cannabis use and the risk of motor vehicle collisions in real life," the researchers write in the latest issue of the British Medical Journal.

The researchers reviewed nine observational studies with a total sample of 49,411 accident victims. To rule out the effects of alcohol or other drugs the researchers calculated the odds for cases where cannabis — but no alcohol or other drugs — was detected in blood test or the driver had reported smoking three hours before crash.

They found that smoking cannabis three hours before driving nearly doubled a driver's risk of having a motor vehicle accident.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/02/10/marijuana-driving-collisions.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

How is it a false equivalency? Are companies and individuals going to pick Washington because getting stoned is encouraged? Especially for your children? Well, unless they are stoners already or manufacture bongs or whatever they are. Oh...right, they're probably made in India or China.
Do companies pick dry counties because the wet counties "encourage drinking on the job"?
What utter nonsense. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

No, that wasn't the fucking question. You quoted the fucking question in your post. And it's as obvious as tits on a cow that you aint got no answer. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll call pacedog's "Phd's" and raise him these...

Drivers who get behind the wheel stoned instead of drunk may actually be making the roads safer in states that allow medical marijuana, according to new research.

Economists Daniel Rees of the University of Colorado Denver and Mark Anderson of Montana State University looked at traffic fatalities in thirteen states that enacted medical marijuana laws between 1990 and 2009. They found that on average, traffic fatalities in those states fell nearly 9 percent after medical pot became legal.

“What’s going on is that young adults– especially males– were drinking less when medical marijuana became legal,” Rees tells ABC News, pointing to data from the Beer Institute that showed a drop in beer sales in states with new medical marijuana laws. “You legalize medical marijuana and the highways become safer.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/02/driving-stoned-safer-than-driving-drunk/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

markle, the philosophy you and pacedog and so many like you have adopted is not conservatism.
You're classic reactionaries.

Markle wrote:

Marijuana may play a role in car accidents.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. LOL! So could a sneeze. Or even a good blink at the wrong time

And in all these studies you cited, none of them mention the accidents that actually happened to people who were only on marijuana. Like I said before, driving TIRED is far more dangerous than driving while on pot. The statistics overwhelmingly support this.

"Data have also shown that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink."

And I just call bullshit on this quote right here. Have you ever seen a drunk try to walk? Pot doesn't do that. To anyone I've ever seen and I've smoked off and on since 1973. And in all of those years I've known smokers. Somes have smoked for ALL of those years, and have never had a problem with the law. Driving or otherwise. For the pot, anyway Smile

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

No, that wasn't the fucking question. You quoted the fucking question in your post. And it's as obvious as tits on a cow that you aint got no answer. lol

Come back when you grow up.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
― Socrates

Markle

Markle

Medical Marijuana Use Linked to Fatal Road Accidents
A feature on the Los Angeles Times shared a statement from former Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske, White House director of National Drug Control Policy, who said: “Marijuana is a significant and important contributing factor in a growing number of fatal accidents… There is no question, not only from the data but from what I have heard in my career as a law enforcement officer.”

Read more: http://hometestingblog.testcountry.com/?p=13886

your site says nothing at all about pot, ALONE, causing anything.
It calls it a 'contributing factor'. Which means it's not acting alone.

"We don’t know what level of marijuana impairs a driver.”

^This is the last line of the blog you have cited.
How many DECADES have they been studying marijuana? Trying to find something, ANYTHING, that can back up their claims about how bad marijuana is. Seriously, you don't think they would have some idea, BY NOW? Come on. Really.

Bob wrote:I'll call pacedog's "Phd's" and raise him these...

Drivers who get behind the wheel stoned instead of drunk may actually be making the roads safer in states that allow medical marijuana, according to new research.

Economists Daniel Rees of the University of Colorado Denver and Mark Anderson of Montana State University looked at traffic fatalities in thirteen states that enacted medical marijuana laws between 1990 and 2009. They found that on average, traffic fatalities in those states fell nearly 9 percent after medical pot became legal.

“What’s going on is that young adults– especially males– were drinking less when medical marijuana became legal,” Rees tells ABC News, pointing to data from the Beer Institute that showed a drop in beer sales in states with new medical marijuana laws. “You legalize medical marijuana and the highways become safer.”

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/02/driving-stoned-safer-than-driving-drunk/
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/02/driving-stoned-safer-than-driving-drunk/[/quote[/url]]

I posted five for your ONE MSM, love the COWH news agency. Try quoting some medical and mental health research.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote: love the COWH news agency.

How ironic can you get. lol
The "COWH" is the FEDERAL government. As of now the "COWH" is on your side. The "COWH" is the one whose Justice Department still says the FEDERAL laws (the laws YOU agree with) are in effect.
I, on the other hand, am on the side of the "state's rights".
Which of course was the whole point of this thread which you keep ignoring. lol

MORE...

Driving while intoxicated is a well known way to cause an accident on the road. Although not as common, you can be charged with that offense for more than just drinking alcohol. It also includes anything else that causes impairment, such as drugs (whether they are legal ones or not), including marijuana.

However, 20 years of study has concluded that marijuana smokers may actually be getting a bad rap and that they may actually have fewer accidents than other drivers. There have been several studies done over the past 20 years and every one of them has revealed that using marijuana actually has a very minor, if any, effect on the ability of a person to drive a car or other vehicle.

Marijuana, Alcohol users Use Products Differently

Research studies showed that if a comparison was done between how drivers who had been drinking alcohol and those who had been using marijuana, it showed that the pot users were in fewer crashes.

Why is this so?

Researchers believe it is because of the way people consume the two products, as alcohol drinkers usually do their drinking out in public and then try to drive home, while pot smokers usually smoke at home and don't try to drive, meaning fewer are involved in driving accidents in the first place.

Research also shows that while drunk drivers usually drive faster and don't understand that their driving skills are messed up, the drivers that have been smoking marijuana actually tend to drive slower and stay away from risky behavior.

These and other tests on marijuana smoking and driving were done in different places all over the world, including Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, the United States, and the UK with the following results:

Results of Major Studies on Marijuana and Driving

The research that has been done on this phenomenon of marijuana smoking and driving has shown some interesting results:

Research studies in the Netherlands at the Dutch Institute for Road Safety Research that drivers with blood alcohol rates of .5 percent up to .8 percent had accidents five times more than other drivers, and if it was higher amounts of alcohol, the results were accidents happening up to 15 times more often. But, the marijuana smokers actually showed these drivers posed NO risk at all!

Top 10 Reasons Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers

When you combine all of the main results of these two decades worth of scientific research studies, the following 10 reasons marijuana drivers are safer than drunk drivers comes out like this:

1. Drivers who had been using marijuana were found to drive slower, according to a 1983 study done by U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). This was seen as a factor in their favor, since drivers who drank alcohol usually drove faster and that is part of the reason they had accidents.

2. Marijuana users were able to drive straight and not have any trouble staying in their own lanes when driving on the highway, according to a NHTSA done in 1993 in the Netherlands. The study determined also that the use of marijuana had very little affect on the person's overall driving ability.

3. Drivers who had smoked marijuana were shown to be less likely to try to pass other cars and to drive at a consistent speed, according to a University of Adelaide study done in Australia. The study showed no danger unless the drivers had also been drinking alcohol.

4. Drivers high on marijuana were also shown to be less likely to drive in a reckless fashion, according to a study done in 2000 in the UK by the UK Transport Research Lab. The study was done using driver on driving simulators over a period of a month and was actually undertaken to show that pot was a cause for impairment, but instead it showed the opposite and confirmed that these drivers were actually much safer than some of the other drivers on the road.

5. States that allow the legal use of marijuana for medical reasons are noticing less traffic fatalities; for instance, in Colorado and Montana there has been a nine percent drop in traffic fatalities and a five percent drop in beer sales.

The conclusion was that using marijuana actually has helped save lives! Medical marijuana is allowed in 16 states in the U.S.

6. Low doses of marijuana in a person's system was found by tests in Canada in 2002 to have little effect on a person's ability to drive a car, and that these drivers were in much fewer car crashes than alcohol drinkers.

7. Most marijuana smokers have fewer crashes because they don't even drive in the first place and just stay home thus concluded more than one of these tests on pot smoking and driving.

8. Marijuana smokers are thought to be more sober drivers. Traffic information from 13 states where medical marijuana is legal showed that these drivers were actually safer and more careful than many other drivers on the road.

These studies were confirmed by the University of Colorado and the Montana State University when they compared a relationship between legal marijuana use and deaths in traffic accidents in those states. The studies done by a group called the Truth About Cars showed that traffic deaths fell nine percent in states with legal use of medical marijuana.

(To view our study on Drunk Driving vs. Alcohol-Related Traffic Deaths, click here.)

9. Multiple studies showed that marijuana smokers were less likely to be risk takers than those that use alcohol. The studies showed that the marijuana calmed them down and made them actually pay more attention to their abilities.

All of these tests and research studies showed that while some people think that marijuana is a major cause of traffic problems, in reality it may make the users even safer when they get behind the wheel!

10. Marijuana smoking drivers were shown to drive at prescribed following distances, which made them less likely to cause or have crashes.

Every test seemed to come up with these same results in all of the countries they were done in. Even so, insurance companies will still penalize any driver in an accident that has been shown to have been smoking pot, so this doesn't give drivers free reign to smoke pot and drive.

So, the bottom line is that while alcohol has been shown in every single incident to have major problems and to have caused countless traffic crashes and fatalities, pot smoking overall has had none of these issues and in fact may make drivers pay more attention, drive slower and straighter and perhaps even stay home so they can't be in an accident at all!

http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com/uncategorized/reasons-why-marijuana-users-are-safe-drivers/

NOTICE THIS IS COMING FROM THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY. THE PEOPLE WHO EITHER MAKE MONEY OR LOSE MONEY BECAUSE OF DRIVING HABITS.
NOT PROFESSORS IN IVORY TOWERS. NOT "COWHS". NOT GLENN BECK. NOT SEAN HANNITY. NOT BILL O'REILLY. NOT RUSH LIMBO. NOT BROTHER CARL. NOT GEORGE TWART. NOT WITCH DOCTORS. NOT TV EVANGELISTS. NOT ANY OF THE CRAP YOU AND MARKLE ARE READING.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum