Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for Pacedog and others who share his opinions.

+10
Captn Kaoz
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Sal
Yella
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Bob wrote:Pacedog thinks marijuana is an evil narcotic which will turn us into zombies so he's agin it.

If there's anything Pacedog dislikes as much as marijuana it's the federal government. Pacedog believes in "states rights".

Okay, with that in mind, Pacedog now has a dilemma.
It's the "states rights" (Colorado and Washington state) which has legalized the evil marijuana.
And the only thing that can stand between that legal marijuana and a state full of braindead potheads is, yes you guessed it, the federal government.
If the federal government decides to enforce the federal marijuana laws in Colorado and Washington state, then it can prevent those two states from turning their citizens minds to jelly.

SO, what's it gonna be Pacedog and those who think like Pacedog?
Are you gonna side up with the "states' rights" and let marijuana destroy peoples' minds?
Or are you gonna side up with the federal nanny?

1) I never said marijuana was a narcotic. Please show me my words where I stated that. I never did, so you cannot.

2) What I did say was that pot was a gateway drug for some people.

3) I also said pot was psychologically addictive and that people like Ricky Williams and others who have thrown away entire FORTUNES of money to "get their smoke on" make my case. They are moronic because with the money that Williams lost by not playing out his entire contract with the Dolphins, he could have bought a pot plantation somewhere in a country that has less stringent marijuana laws and lived their during retirement rolling up joints until his fingers bled.

Lastly, the First Lady is not going to like it that many of you are running around stoned because when you potheads "get your smoke on", afterwards you get the munchies and that usually consists of junk food and sodas. LOL:D

None of you know me right now as I am quite new and I am not much of a debater but hey its a forum, so why not Razz

I agree with Dog here about marijuana being a gateway drug. Don't believe me? Go visit Illinois... I can name a lot of my former friends who started on the pot and then had to have something that made them higher feeling which eventually led to meth and now the popular bath salts.

However, I have seen more crime and fatalities result from legal recreational products such as alcohol and cigarettes. Comparing the pot to them would be useless, haha.

I think state's should make it legal to be honest. The amount of money it takes to combat pot is horrid. I bet if it was legal, the money saved could help us pay loads off our debt. I mean really, besides the gateway problem, what is the worst a pothead can do? Buy the last bag of cheetos from the Kroger's store shelf? LOL its really not that bad of a thing for people to do and it calms a lot of people down.

We need to focus on the real drugs like cocaine, crack, meth, heroin, bath salts and other crap that is actually causing people to die.

Anything can create a gateway if you think deep enough about it... I bought a bicycle for once a month fitness on a rail-to-trail we have round these parts. Got on it after 10 years of not riding and rode 20 miles, the "gateway" method occurred and at an end result, I own 3 bicycles and ride about 100+ miles each month. Of course that is healthy...

Lets move on to something not healthy. I grew up in a country setting where you ate home cooked meals, as a result I was always skinny as a boy. Then once I got older and moved out on my own, I was too tired from long hours in the coal mines to cook something so I ate out at McDonald's, the "gateway" method took place and I found myself eating out 6 days out of the week. As an end result, I got fat and it has taken a lot of biking to get rid of most of it, heh.

So you can call anything a gateway activity whether its unhealthy or healthy, should we ban all unhealthy gateways? Would that infringe our rights as a free people?

Just my thoughts on it Smile

P.s. I am employed in the criminal justice industry and I have a degree in law enforcement, so all this is coming from a guy who happily loves to enforce the law...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Shawn Gossman wrote:[

P.s. I am employed in the criminal justice industry

I want to go on record right now and deny that I would ever smoke any illegal ciragettes and even if I did I wouldn't inhale.

Jake92

I've talked to police about it and none of them want it legalized. They said they can smell the pot and it gives them a clue of where somebody is breaking the law. If it's legal, they can't use the smell as a reason to search or enter anything..

Jake92 wrote:I've talked to police about it and none of them want it legalized. They said they can smell the pot and it gives them a clue of where somebody is breaking the law. If it's legal, they can't use the smell as a reason to search or enter anything..

I suppose it depends on where you are for that reason. I am sure you are correct and that is the case with many departments. However, I have noticed in rural areas (even the more religious rural areas) of my parts, the police see marijuana enforcement as a headache. Of course you will get the rookies that want to make a name for them and go after anything and everything.

Its like guns... where I am from, its against the law pretty much to have a second amendment right. Yall can carry conceal, you do that in IL, you go to prison for a long time. They don't even allow bounty hunters here, but it makes since since all the crooks are in Chicago Shocked did I just say that out loud? What a Face

Okay now I am going off topic Razz haha. But really think about it, if pot was legal nation wide, something tells me border control would be a bit easier, even if just a little. If it was legal would I smoke it? Nope, I think its completely unhealthy to do it and I'd probably get fat again from all those desires to eat like a woman having a baby...

Jake92 wrote:Then it will be like moonshine.. LOL

The MAIN reason I want it legalized is so it can be taxed like alcohol or tobacco and the money spent directly for the debt, NOT like the lottery where the profits go to education but the budget is cut a proportionate amount and that money is spent on other things.. Once politicians get their hands on the money, we'll never see it again...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well, if it is legalized it will definitely be like moonshine. They will require licensing etc, and folk with a plant will still be breaking the law.

Just sayin'....

Is making moon shine even a crime though?

I mean I legally make my own beer and quite a lot of it.

I think once you sell, it becomes illegal.

Shawn Gossman wrote:Is making moon shine even a crime though?

I mean I legally make my own beer and quite a lot of it.

I think once you sell, it becomes illegal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You'll fit right in.

I believe it is legal to make distilled liquor for personal consumption....ditto with beer and wine.

Drink up shriner...

Floridatexan wrote:
Oh, for God's sake...you're obviously someone who never tried it; if you had, you would know it's highly unlikely that marijuana would cause a person to lose control of their faculties. Alcolhol is much more dangerous and perfectly legal, as are plenty of prescription drugs. If only there were a drug for stupid.

And you are obviously FOS with your OPINION. Here are some facts:

http://www.mailman.columbia.edu/news/marijuana-use-may-double-risk-accidents-drivers

more here.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjkids_faq13.htm

...and the hits keep stacking up against the pro pot crowd on their use and wrecks when driving due to inability to stay alert, focused, and maintain their coordination when behind the wheel

http://ukcia.org/research/CarCrashInjury.pdf

Here is another that says you are blowing smoke out of your arse with your OPINION-

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

I know quite a few people who do or have smoked pot and then got behind the wheel. For years. Decades in some instances. With nary a ticket or anything. Y'all probably know some too. Really.

It's more dangerous to drive tired.

And it's far more dangerous to talk on your phone, or text, or eat and drink, while driving, than under the influence of pot.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

W_T_M wrote:

This is the point where you will blame the victim, yet again.

Of course some will blame the victim in this case, because after all, she had "congruent mental problems."

Sigh.......

PBulldog2 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

This is the point where you will blame the victim, yet again.

Of course some will blame the victim in this case, because after all, she had "congruent mental problems."

Sigh.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep....double sigh.

Bob started a thread about this, and the brilliance displayed is underwhelming. Her culture alone is enough to cause shame and "loss of face". To give out personal medical info on the "Princess" is broaching on unforgivable....it's definitely a career killer.

Men in Japan have committed suicide over failing their responsibility in a business setting. Did they also have "congruent mental problems"...?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:

I want to go on record right now and deny that I would ever smoke any illegal ciragettes and even if I did I wouldn't inhale.

Ditto. My grandmother said the same thing about cigarettes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Jake92 wrote:I've talked to police about it and none of them want it legalized. They said they can smell the pot and it gives them a clue of where somebody is breaking the law. If it's legal, they can't use the smell as a reason to search or enter anything..

Which is the strongest argument I've heard lately for legalization. What would you expect a cop to say? Pot is a big moneymaker for police...it allows them to seize assets, and it's so much easier than fighting crime. There, I said it.

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:

I smoke a bunch
A question for Pacedog and others who share his opinions. - Page 3 Dsc_9012

Nice racks of ribs....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yomama wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:

I smoke a bunch

Load em in the galley and let's go.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yomama wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:

I smoke a bunch

Regarding your sig: You shouldn't be so...negative.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Nice racks of ribs....

I like a nice rack... Razz

boards of FL wrote:Regarding your sig: You shouldn't be so...negative.
I was exposed to the wrong development at a very early time frame...

Markle

Markle

jose balu wrote:doesn't make it wrong, either. 'specially for us that live out here Smile

Yes it does if it impares the employee.

Markle

Markle

jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
jose balu wrote:doesn't make it wrong, either. 'specially for us that live out here Smile

...until your stonedness is the cause of someone's death. We won't know until it occurs here (legalization) and see the affects enmass.

I have never heard of a marijuana-caused death. Either directly or indirectly. Have you?

We're a college town. Many fatal accidents are the result of alcohol AND pot. We have had them on a fairly regular basis involving just marijuana.

Markle

Markle

jose balu wrote:A cat falling from the sky could potentially kill someone too. And there is probably documented instances of this actually happening. But no deaths exclusively tied to marijuana have been documented to this point, as far as I know. It's been around as long as cats too Smile
Pot is not the evil that too many think it is. Here it is also medicine, as it should be everywhere. It truly helps many people.
I would much rather be on the road with a dozen people high on pot, than a single drunk or prescription drug-driver.
as a matter of fact, it is directly because of a drunk driver that my spouse is now the owner of a medical mj license. He and the other drunks in their car were killed instantly. My spouse is permanently damaged because of booze. Directly.

In that case, you are a fool.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

We're a college town. Many fatal accidents are the result of alcohol AND pot. We have had them on a fairly regular basis involving just marijuana.

Bullshit. Cite me the evidence that you have "regular fatalities associated with JUST marijuana". That's nothing but an outright lie.

Look, when it comes to this, you and pacedog and ghandi don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're all three just talking out your asses.

Markle

Markle

Not a single poster here has considered the usual unintended consequences.

California, due to their astronomical taxes and debt have companies and individuals leaving in droves. Coincidentally they also have medical marijuana which anyone can get. They buy the pot, sell the pot to kids and buy harder drugs.

Now if I'm looking to establish or move a manufacturing plant or my family to another state the quality of life and WORKER is a prime importance. Gee...would I pick a state where my workers can legally come to work stoned or go out to lunch to get stoned as they did in those videos of the GM workers.

When businesses and revenues start leaving Washington and Colorado...I bet the voters for drugs will find a way to blame Conservatives.

I'm no fool. I know people that drive every day on mj. With no problems whatsoever. Including professionals. that also includes people in many parts of LE. cops, judges. I've even known doctors that partake.
Granted, not all people can handle it the same as others, and HELLO, if you're too stoned, don't drive. Not hard to do. You just have to wait an hour or so. Not like other things.

Kids need to learn that alcohol is poison, particularly when it comes to driving. ESPECIALLY if you mix it with anything else. For that matter, so do many, far too many, adults.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum