Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for Pacedog and others who share his opinions.

+10
Captn Kaoz
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Sal
Yella
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

I can honestly say that I could smoke a very large joint right now, and no one here would know I had had anything. But give me a beer or a glass of wine (or half!) and I'm so drunk I'm practically walking on my lips.
Doesn't give me munchies either. or at least very rarely.
I've known cops, doctors, accountants, many hair people who like to smoke pot. I've never heard of it effecting their job performances.
Maybe you know people who have a bad reaction? Allergies? These people probably shouldn't indulge. Kinda like booze is dangerous for me. So guess what? I don't drink.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Oh yeah, what will be the test for "too stoned" to drive?
In a discussion on the radio this afternoon they said the police in Washington State were using a blood test to establish acceptable levels or levels that were too high to say be driving a car.

Jake92

They can do a urinalysis just like ALL military and most civiian employers do.. I've taken many of them in 20 active and 10 years civil service... Do it the same as alcohol that if you refuse the test you are automaticaly guity of refusing a sobriety test and you lose your license.. DUI means driving under the influence.. Some of the arrests are for drugs, NOT alcohol..

Jake92 wrote:They can do a urinalysis just like ALL military and most civiian employers do.. I've taken many of them in 20 active and 10 years civil service... Do it the same as alcohol that if you refuse the test you are automaticaly guity of refusing a sobriety test and you lose your license.. DUI means driving under the influence.. Some of the arrests are for drugs, NOT alcohol..

....and we see how well that went for the governor of Florida in his trying to test welfare recipients....try again. That is a dead end. The military and civilian world does not combine.

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Oh yeah, what will be the test for "too stoned" to drive?
In a discussion on the radio this afternoon they said the police in Washington State were using a blood test to establish acceptable levels or levels that were too high to say be driving a car.

LINK?

Sal

Sal

And, Bob's question remains unanswered.

As for his graphic, I remember going to see Scanners in the theatre at the age of 14.

It was supposed to be some kinda thriller or something.

I laughed my ass off throughout because of the kind of special effects Bob posted.

jose balu wrote:doesn't make it wrong, either. 'specially for us that live out here Smile

...until your stonedness is the cause of someone's death. We won't know until it occurs here (legalization) and see the affects enmass.

Jake92

....and we see how well that went for the governor of Florida in his trying to test welfare recipients....try again. That is a dead end. The military and civilian world does not combine.

It works for many many civilian jobs before and after you get hired....... I do NOT agree with using drugs, but since there is no way of stopping them, we might as well tax the shit out of them and pay off the debt.....

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Here's the answer:
Since washington and colorado did not participate in the civil war which was fought for states rights, they don't have any rights.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So there we have it. And it's pretty much exactly as I predicted.
Those who believe in "states rights" only believe in it when it's the "states rights" they like. When it's the "states rights" they don't like then they prefer to side up with the federal nanny.

It's really no different than the people who claim they want "the government to stay out of our business".
But when it comes to Terry Schiavo's husband making decisions for his wife, and they don't happen to like HIS decision, then they want the federal nanny to stick it's nose in and dictate to Schiavo.

Can anybody say "hypocrisy". lol

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
jose balu wrote:doesn't make it wrong, either. 'specially for us that live out here Smile

...until your stonedness is the cause of someone's death. We won't know until it occurs here (legalization) and see the affects enmass.

I have never heard of a marijuana-caused death. Either directly or indirectly. Have you?

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Bob,

I'm all for states rights. Legalize it and tax it. The Federal government will be jealous because of all of the tax money they are missing out on. The states will be making money from the taxes and saving money by not jailing somebody for possession or selling pot.

While we are legalizing pot, I say legalize prostitution. It's another revenue stream the government could capitalize on.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

salinski wrote:Here's the answer:
Since washington and colorado did not participate in the civil war which was fought for states rights, they don't have any rights.

They have the same rights as any other state in the union. To suggest otherwise...well, take your meds.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Floridatexan wrote:

They have the same rights as any other state in the union. To suggest otherwise...well, take your meds.

No sense of humor?

salinski wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No sense of humor?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Not when you're involved.

This sounds like something you would do, minus the shame, remorse, and apparent suicide.

You would eat a sandwich over a dead child's warm body.

A nurse who was on the receiving end of a hoax call to elicit information about the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was found dead Friday in an apparent suicide.

King Edward VII Hospital said Jacintha Saldanha had been a victim of the call made by two Australian radio disc jockeys, who impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles to elicit information on the duchess.

The Duchess of Cambridge, the former Kate Middleton, had been in the hospital for acute morning sickness. The prank phone call took place early Tuesday and the two radio personalities apologized the following day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57557775/nurse-in-duchess-kate-hoax-dead-in-apparent-suicide/

But in your case, I doubt you would even apologize, much less feel like you had done something egregious.

This is the point where you will blame the victim, yet again.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I have y
never heard of a marijuana-caused death. Either directly or indirectly. Have you?
y

Yeah the DEA likes to shoot people that horn in on the government monopoly on marijuana.

jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I have never heard of a marijuana-caused death. Either directly or indirectly. Have you?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Only because it's illegal.

As for medically related pot deaths, not so much.

JFTR....Alcohol and nicotine are THE gateway drugs.

But if you want to go back even further, a kid will spin around and around and around until they fall down....laffin' and laffin'...

And then get up and do it again.

And of course, there's mother's milk.

Addiction is a tricky issue.

"Mothers Milk Leads to Heroin" - George Carlin

jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Someone too stoned to drive (ie slowed reaction time) could kill someone.

Jake92

There are hundreds if not thousands of injuries and deaths caused by drunk drivers every year, so I guess that's OK with you... DUI includes alcohol AND drugs, not just alcohol..

A cat falling from the sky could potentially kill someone too. And there is probably documented instances of this actually happening. But no deaths exclusively tied to marijuana have been documented to this point, as far as I know. It's been around as long as cats too Smile
Pot is not the evil that too many think it is. Here it is also medicine, as it should be everywhere. It truly helps many people.
I would much rather be on the road with a dozen people high on pot, than a single drunk or prescription drug-driver.
as a matter of fact, it is directly because of a drunk driver that my spouse is now the owner of a medical mj license. He and the other drunks in their car were killed instantly. My spouse is permanently damaged because of booze. Directly.

Last edited by jose balu on 12/7/2012, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Old people are more of a danger, unless the stoner is just a bad driver anyway.

There are plenty of them bad drivers, especially in SR County. I drive 98 to Navarre and Ft. Walton a lot. The idiots on that highway are either tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic to go nowhere faster, or they drive below the limit in the left lane making idiots tailgate and drive angry. When they tailgate me I just slow down to let them see there isn't anywhere for them to go. I've had jerks almost ram me from behind, then pass me and slam on THEIR brakes or try to pull me over for a physical confrontation. I seriously doubt they are stoned.

Sometimes if they are insistent, I'll pull over and wait for them to get out of their vehicle and approach mine. Then I just drive off and they're left there losing even more time on their mad rush to nowhere. Stoners don't do that....they just turn up the music and cruise along.

How did you get to be an expert on so many things that you know absolutely nothing about.....?

Jake92

Here's a few links for some info..

Read up and learn....... I am still against drugs, but still think it's a losing battle fighting marijuana when we should legalize it and tax it like alcohol.. Of course there has to be tests to determine someones suitability to work or drive, just like breathalizers for alcohol..

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000145

Jake92 wrote:Here's a few links for some info..

Read up and learn....... I am still against drugs, but still think it's a losing battle fighting marijuana when we should legalize it and tax it like alcohol.. Of course there has to be tests to determine someones suitability to work or drive, just like breathalizers for alcohol..

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000145

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Alcohol, pot, any street drug, and a lot of script drugs are off limits for me.

But I agree that pot should be legalized and taxed, OR maybe decrim and trafficking still be illegal. Let them grow their own....

Jake92

Then it will be like moonshine.. LOL

The MAIN reason I want it legalized is so it can be taxed like alcohol or tobacco and the money spent directly for the debt, NOT like the lottery where the profits go to education but the budget is cut a proportionate amount and that money is spent on other things.. Once politicians get their hands on the money, we'll never see it again...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
jose balu wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Oh, for God's sake...you're obviously someone who never tried it; if you had, you would know it's highly unlikely that marijuana would cause a person to lose control of their faculties. Alcolhol is much more dangerous and perfectly legal, as are plenty of prescription drugs. If only there were a drug for stupid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum