Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

226Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 4:39 pm

Telstar

Telstar

227Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 6:30 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Shit... has he turned this into another spam thread?

228Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 6:45 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

The Bay area poor aren't very fond of Kamala... particularly the minorities. She was extremely aggressive... going so far as threatening jail for the parents of truants. Then there was her illegal immigration strategy. Let's just say it was no sanctuary city then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c758153e4b0bf166204509b/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c995789e4b0f7bfa1b57d2e/amp

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.html

229Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 7:08 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The last few years of political reporting has become more a matter of controlling the news cycle than of anything approaching leading or governing. By any objective standard the 45th administration has been a disaster on both foreign and domestic fronts. I state again that I will vote for whomever the Democratic nominee is, period.

That being said, I think it should be obvious that whoever that person is has to grab the voters emotionally as well as intellectually. It is not enough to have a plan or to speak 7 or 8 languages or to even have a commendable public record.

It matters little that DJT's opponent is clean as a whistle because the right wing fringe and Russian bots will make up any kind of scandal they want. The truth doesn't matter to them. DJT is an entertainer who has been masterful at controlling the national attention. We need someone who knows how to basically kick him in the teeth, tell him he is full of BS, correct the record and then wave the flag.

I loved AOC's recent rant drawing attention to the fact that all these atrocities taking place in the detention centers are HAPPENING UNDER THE AMERICAN FLAG! This is the kind of patriotic splash of cold water in the face we need right now.

Since when do mothers and fathers want to hold up a sexual pervert like Trump as an example of the type of person they would like their children to grow up to be??!  He has pulled the PT Barnam racket on us to the point where we've apparently forgotten who the hell we are. How can they possibly stand behind a person like him?

We can't go at this meekly. We can't be timid. We cannot take a knife to a gun fight.
It is too early for most of us to pick our favorite. Information is coming out about all the candidates. We have to choose carefully with our eyes wide open and not let one or two indiscretions, poor speeches or temporary policy missteps disqualify a really strong candidate. The main issue is to vote DJT out.

I'd rather it be a woman. I like Warren because she knows the financial sector, which is at the root of many of our problems, wages, income/wealth gap, tax policy, budgeting etc. She's not strong yet with black voters so the ticket could be balanced with someone who has a base with that group. I wish she were more appealing to our emotional senses. When you come right down to it I think we largely vote with our emotions. Look who's in the WH. OMG, don't tell me people voted for him because of his public service/government experience (none) or his policy stances! Make America Great Again (emotion). Build the Wall (emotion).

We need someone who is hard as nails, won't take any BS and rallies us around the flag. That's what I'm looking for. 

230Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 8:27 pm

bigdog

PkrBum wrote:The Bay area poor aren't very fond of Kamala... particularly the minorities. She was extremely aggressive... going so far as threatening jail for the parents of truants. Then there was her illegal immigration strategy. Let's just say it was no sanctuary city then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c758153e4b0bf166204509b/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c995789e4b0f7bfa1b57d2e/amp

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.html
Thank you Pkr for a very reliably sourced article. I always trust the Huffington Post.
Oh NO, I SPOKE TO ONE OF THEM!   
Dang Me.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=youtube+roger+miller+dang+me&FORM=SBRS03

231Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 8:53 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I won't vote for trump... didn't vote for him last time. The only Republican I've voted for since bush2's first election was McCain... and only because there was a rookie senator that won the democratic American idol nomination. The leftists here attack me because they can't reconcile their positions now with what they ignored about Obama. Like the detention centers you just brought up. Those were there under Obama... families were separated... hell Obama even turned kids over to human traffickers. It's a chaotic situation... worse now with hundreds of thousands pouring across illegally. Oh... and Obama deported over three million illegal aliens. Trump is way behind that pace even with the current actions... as an fyi for tomorrow's roundup. It's one thing to lament the "news cycle"... it's another to ignore results and facts.

Kamala's bump in the polls won't last imo. Her history is known... unlike Obama's. She can't explain it away.

232Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 9:19 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Btw... if i had to vote for a dem it would be Tulsi Gabbard so far. I don't like her Medicare for all crap because it would actually be Medicaid for all. But she otherwise is against military interventions and reasonable on other issues.

233Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 9:20 pm

bigdog

I hope you are right that it won't last. I would much rather see most any of the other candidates except for her or Bernie in second place.

I am aware that Obama deported an enormous number of immigrants, and that there was some child separation during his administration too. As a matter of fact, I knew several of the dream program kids that were attending Workman Middle here in town during Obama's administration, and one little boy came to school on a Friday and announced that he and his mother had to "go back" to Mexico City the next day. His dad could stay here and work, but he and his mom had to go. The problem was that this kid had never been to Mexico City in his life and had lived in this country since he was like 2 years old. He spoke Spanish, but also English, and saw himself as very much American. It was very sad for all his friends and teachers to see him leave, as well as extremely UNFAIR. His dad had been paying into the US tax system for years. And this was under Obama. Obama did some bad things as well as some good things, as does every president. I'll admit I'm waiting on Trump to do anything good and think he may be the first totally evil human being to occupy that office. For the most part though, most presidencies are a mixed bag. There is no excuse for the treatment the kids and parents are receiving in our "detention" centers though-That's all Trump, not Obama, and it's a cruelty that only Trump could justify to himself. Nobody else could. He is a deeply evil man and I will never understand how anyone could consider themselves a Christian and vote for him.

234Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 9:24 pm

bigdog

I don't know anything about Tulsi Gabbard.  I'll have to look her up. 
LOL, From the polls, it looks like nobody else knows anything about her either. And once the news media decides who THEIR top 5 or 6 prospects are, they won't allow anybody else to float into view. That's the really bad thing.

235Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 9:31 pm

bigdog

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-says-kamala-harris-hatched-political-ploy-to-smear-joe-biden-on-race/

Oh yeah. She was one of the people complaining about Harris attack on Biden after the debate. As soon as Harris said "I know you're not a racist but" it was very obvious she was going to imply that he actually was a racist. It was easy to spot. I see Ms Gabbard saw the same thing. 
Yep, I like her.

236Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 10:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Nothing to see here, folks.

Just a reasonable, centrist conversation between bigdog and a piece of shit Trumptard.

Exposed.

237Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 10:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Nothing to see here, folks.

Just a reasonable, centrist conversation between bigdog and a piece of shit Trumptard.

Exposed.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Catwom10

238Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 10:58 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Exposed.

My bad... that Kamala criticism must've bruised your mangina. Toughen up buttercup.

239Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:20 pm

bigdog

It seems like it did. 
Nothing worse than bruising a snowflake's mangina.

I'll talk to whoever I feel like talking to at the moment. I think I made it clear a couple of weeks ago, actually longer than that, that I wasn't into "shunning" on an internet forum. You keep it up and you don't have a forum anymore. 

BTW, while we're at it, the constant rants about Florida are getting a little annoying to me too. Only 30% of us who live here were born in Florida, natives like me. The other 70%, a bunch of immigrants from other states, are the greatest majority of the voters here.
So when you talk about Floridians, just remember that they are hugely New Yorkers, or from Michigan, or from some other part of the good old USA. And that doesn't even mention the huge Cuban population.
It ain't Floridians that screw up our state. 
But being good Americans, we accept them.
Because we know they only want to live here because it's the best place in the Continental US to live. It never has been a shithole.
And it's not our voters who are responsible for Al Gore losing, it was our Texas immigrant governor Jeb Bush who pulled that off. I didn't vote for him either FYI. Apparently, you're too ashamed to even say where you are from. That place must be the real shithole.

240Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:

Exposed.

My bad... that Kamala criticism must've bruised your mangina. Toughen up buttercup.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Catwom11

241Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:32 pm

bigdog

BTW, one of the reasons I didn't post a picture of myself from the front was that I remember a particularly liberal poster, way back in the days of the PNJ forum, who loved to photoshop pictures of right wingers faces, when he could find them, onto some pretty disgusting scenes. 
I never cared for that, and even back then, I spoke out about it. This guy once put a photo of one of the busiest of the girls club members onto a photo of a jack-ass f--cking her, or maybe  of her f--cking a jack-ass. I honestly can't remember which, but I protested it even then. The politics really didn't matter. It was a matter of just being way too crude and embarrassing to anyone on an open forum.

He was really good at combining photos though.....
huh. 
Just saying.

242Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:44 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:BTW, one of the reasons I didn't post a picture of myself from the front was that I remember a particularly liberal poster, way back in the days of the PNJ forum, who loved to photoshop pictures of right wingers faces, when he could find them, onto some pretty disgusting scenes. 
I never cared for that, and even back then, I spoke out about it. This guy once put a photo of one of the busiest of the girls club members onto a photo of a jack-ass f--cking her, or maybe  of her f--cking a jack-ass. I honestly can't remember which, but I protested it even then. The politics really didn't matter. It was a matter of just being way too crude and embarrassing to anyone on an open forum.

He was really good at combining photos though.....
huh. 
Just saying.

I wasn't around this crowd much back then. Did he post any pictures of you with your head up your ass?

243Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:48 pm

bigdog

Not much?
I thought you were never here.

244Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 11:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Not much?
I thought you were never here.

I'm here now. I guess my first exposure to P-cooters was when a couple of native P-cooters started a feud over an inheritance squabble that spilled over into other forums, you remember that, cat. Twisted Evil

245Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 12:01 am

bigdog

Oh yeah, but we don't discuss that on here now.

But since you admit you were exposed to it, I suppose that means you were around back then.

Thought so.

I'm watching "The Loudest Voice" right now. Russell Crowe is doing a masterful job as Roger Ailes. Very interesting show.
Way too interesting to keep up this conversation with you tonight. 
Byeeeeee…..

246Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 12:25 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Oh yeah, but we don't discuss that on here now.

But since you admit you were exposed to it, I suppose that means you were around back then.

Thought so.

I'm watching "The Loudest Voice" right now. Russell Crowe is doing a masterful job as Roger Ailes. Very interesting show.
Way too interesting to keep up this conversation with you tonight. 
Byeeeeee…..

Oh I was around back then but not on the PNJ. I was on one of the forums that the feud spilled over into when the PNJ was shut down for a while. Maybe you don't discuss it but people on other forums did for a long time. A few off shoot forums were even created after that. A few of the P-cooters even joined those off shoot forums ( pretty much like this forum is an offshoot of the PNJ ) only they didn't last long, they were too annoying. Maybe if you were a cave dweller you were one of them.  Twisted Evil I wandered into that other forum shortly after the feud erupted there. It was in total chaos but things settled a bit in the off shoot forums. Just about everything I know about the inheritance feud I found here in the back pages but a lot is missing. Maybe you can fill in the blank parts cat. Twisted Evil

247Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 1:12 am

bigdog

Excellent series, just finished episode 2. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's episode.

No. I was never a cave person. Cave people didn't want me around. One reason I remember Pkr and know he is not a troll is that he, in fact, was an active cave person. I don't care about any of that stuff anymore, why should you?
No. I never went to any other forums to discuss anything about all that drama. If you heard things on other forums, it was not from me. I was not there. 
It was a very bad situation that happened many years ago, and I have always feared that it may have hastened the death of my husband's little sister. I know that stress and anger is not healthy and can weaken immune systems, and I hope that what went on between us did not cause that. Contrary to public opinion, I did not hate my SIL. 

And if you are trying to get me to start discussing the stuff from the far past in order to get kicked off this forum, I don't intend to do that with you either.
You can guess anything you want to about the results of anyone's inheritance.
It's not your business nor anyone elses.

I have said I am happy, my husband and I are happy, we do a lot of traveling in our camper with our two dogs and are enjoying our retirement. We are not wealthy but we are secure in our retirement. Were you worried about me? I'm sure that's why you are so interested. 

Kindly don't worry. 
And I'll continue to talk to Pkr or whoever I want to, so long as they are talking in a way that makes sense at the moment.
Check out "the Loudest Voice."  Russell Crowe should win an Emmy for this one.

248Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 1:34 am

RealLindaL

It occurs to me (no genius) that this thread has become a perfect microcosmic demonstration of how the liberal side of American politics -- thanks in large part to the more leftist element -- is tearing itself apart, practically insuring our own worst nightmare: Trump's re-election.

Wish I didn't feel so much like saying, "Mark my words."

It's pretty terrifying to watch.

249Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 2:47 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Excellent series, just finished episode 2. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's episode.

No. I was never a cave person. Cave people didn't want me around. One reason I remember Pkr and know he is not a troll is that he, in fact, was an active cave person. I don't care about any of that stuff anymore, why should you?
No. I never went to any other forums to discuss anything about all that drama. If you heard things on other forums, it was not from me. I was not there. 
It was a very bad situation that happened many years ago, and I have always feared that it may have hastened the death of my husband's little sister. I know that stress and anger is not healthy and can weaken immune systems, and I hope that what went on between us did not cause that. Contrary to public opinion, I did not hate my SIL. 

And if you are trying to get me to start discussing the stuff from the far past in order to get kicked off this forum, I don't intend to do that with you either.
You can guess anything you want to about the results of anyone's inheritance.
It's not your business nor anyone elses.

I have said I am happy, my husband and I are happy, we do a lot of traveling in our camper with our two dogs and are enjoying our retirement. We are not wealthy but we are secure in our retirement. Were you worried about me? I'm sure that's why you are so interested. 

Kindly don't worry. 
And I'll continue to talk to Pkr or whoever I want to, so long as they are talking in a way that makes sense at the moment.
Check out "the Loudest Voice."  Russell Crowe should win an Emmy for this one.

I've watched episode 1. Crowe and Seth MacFarlane are very good in it. Will catch up on demand. Didn't know Pkr Bum was a caver but it figures, I wonder if he was BWayne, how about Aunt Harriet, who was she? I now know who the guy with the middle finger was, boy I know who that was. He too ended up in our off shoot forum, but he didn't last long.  It was all over the other forums. I guess it was carried over by some other sister in law if it wasn't you. I know about the pictures because a late member of this forum said there are still family pictures out on the internet posted all over Florida forums. From the PDF back pages. "Photoshopped photos of Bluemoon and **** are still likely floating around in cyberspace." Twisted Evil I'm interested because it had an impact om people I know so that's why I bring it up. I can care less about you and your husband and your 40 year old son for that matter. As for what part you played, if any, in your sister-in-laws death, that will all be worked out in a different, deeper shithole than Pensacola Florida. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Telstar on 7/14/2019, 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total

250Democrats Debate lineup - Page 10 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/14/2019, 3:04 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:It occurs to me (no genius) that this thread has become a perfect microcosmic demonstration of how the liberal side of American politics -- thanks in large part to the more leftist element -- is tearing itself apart, practically insuring our own worst nightmare: Trump's re-election.

Wish I didn't feel so much like saying, "Mark my words."

It's pretty terrifying to watch.

Maybe you're right. Maybe what this country needs is another 4 years of Trump. Maybe even 8 years but if it comes to that, hopefully God or Oprah will intervene and set things right. Can't expect much help from shithole Florida voters. They love Trump and his child stalking friends, little wonder why Trump feels at home in Florida. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum