Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

201Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 8:41 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:Kamala Harris was sleeping with a married man and improving her career by doing it.

This is a lazy, hateful, misogynistic attempt to dismiss a formidable, hard-working and talented woman.

Her dating life is none of my business, and there's not a single successful San Francisco politician who wasn't connected to Willie Brown during that era.

Raise your game.

That's just pathetic.

Did it not happen? It will become your business if you manage to make her the nominee of the party, because it's the first thing about her the Republicans will bring up. They'll say they don't mind a woman nominee (not true, of course) but they just can't stand one that slept her way to the top.
Why can't you use your brain and see ahead to anyone's faults except Joe Biden's? She wasn't CONNECTED to Willie Brown, she slept with him. It happened. It wasn't one time. It was an affair.  It was known at the time. Keep wearing those blinders Sal, because she's not going to get the nomination anyway  because of she was  a very tough prosecutor on small drug matters too. See what you want to see, but remember, that's what the other side does. She's not really a progressive.

I didn't make up any bad stuff about the poor little lady. Maybe USA did? Or are they a fake news agency?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/27/willie-brown-kamala-harris-san-francisco-chronicle-letter/2695143002/

202Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 8:55 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:“It’s not enough to knock the current occupant out of the White House. Things were broken before he ever got there ... a country that is healed & in good shape does not elect a man like that to president”

- Elizabeth Warren addressing an overflow crowd of nearly 700 in NH 07/10/19

Nailed it.

So, our poor broken country is Obama's fault? As I remember, he was president before Trump. The only thing broken about America was that the racists that just could not stand having had 8 years of a black president all showed up in 2016.

And DAMN it, if Ms Warren were here today, I would remind her that this country never elected Donald Trump to the White House. We were not broken that badly. We have a damnable electoral college and a lot of Russian intervention to blame, but the Dems still got 3 million more votes.

The worst thing wrong with the Democratic party is all the soul searching that went on after 2016, complaining about Clinton and wondering if we needed to move left. No. That election was not a loss because Clinton was too moderate. Americans voted Democratic. Stop doing autopsies on something that was never dead.

Elizabeth Warren comes across as a school vice principal who doles out detention and suspensions. That's what's wrong with her personality.
Nobody really likes that person.

I guess you blame Al Gore for losing his election too, right?

203Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 9:34 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:Kamala Harris was sleeping with a married man and improving her career by doing it.

This is a lazy, hateful, misogynistic attempt to dismiss a formidable, hard-working and talented woman.

Her dating life is none of my business, and there's not a single successful San Francisco politician who wasn't connected to Willie Brown during that era.

Raise your game.

That's just pathetic.

Did it not happen? It will become your business if you manage to make her the nominee of the party, because it's the first thing about her the Republicans will bring up. They'll say they don't mind a woman nominee (not true, of course) but they just can't stand one that slept her way to the top.
Why can't you use your brain and see ahead to anyone's faults except Joe Biden's? She wasn't CONNECTED to Willie Brown, she slept with him. It happened. It wasn't one time. It was an affair.  It was known at the time. Keep wearing those blinders Sal, because she's not going to get the nomination anyway  because of she was  a very tough prosecutor on small drug matters too. See what you want to see, but remember, that's what the other side does. She's not really a progressive.

I didn't make up any bad stuff about the poor little lady. Maybe USA did? Or are they a fake news agency?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/27/willie-brown-kamala-harris-san-francisco-chronicle-letter/2695143002/

I don’t get all tied up in knots over adult consensual relationships.

That’s a Republican game.

Why are you playing? [rhetorical]

204Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 9:43 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:“It’s not enough to knock the current occupant out of the White House. Things were broken before he ever got there ... a country that is healed & in good shape does not elect a man like that to president”

Nailed it.

So, our poor broken country is Obama's fault?

That’s a really dumb take.

Raise your game.

Elizabeth Warren comes across as a school vice principal who doles out detention and suspensions. That's what's wrong with her personality.

No, that’s your bias.  She comes across as a brave, whip-smart, woman who is eager to fight for the working class in the United States. I really like that person. It’s a shame you don’t. You should take a long look at why that is.

Another really dumb take.  

Raise your game.

205Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 9:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:

Raise your game.

That's just pathetic.

Once a rebubiklan, always a repubiklan. Twisted Evil

206Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 9:57 pm

Sal

Sal

Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:

Raise your game.

That's just pathetic.

She’s questioned her race.

She’s tried slut shaming.

It’s right out of Spammity’s playbook.

Pathetic.

207Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 10:02 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:

Nailed it.

So, our poor broken country is Obama's fault? As I remember, he was president before Trump. The only thing broken about America was that the racists that just could not stand having had 8 years of a black president all showed up in 2016.

And DAMN it, if Ms Warren were here today, I would remind her that this country never elected Donald Trump to the White House. We were not broken that badly. We have a damnable electoral college and a lot of Russian intervention to blame, but the Dems still got 3 million more votes.

The worst thing wrong with the Democratic party is all the soul searching that went on after 2016, complaining about Clinton and wondering if we needed to move left. No. That election was not a loss because Clinton was too moderate.  Americans voted Democratic. Stop doing autopsies on something that was never dead.

Not at all. most real Americans rightfully blame the state of Florida for Al Gore losing his election. Florida and it's nitwit voters.

208Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 10:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:

Raise your game.

That's just pathetic.

She’s questioned her race.

She’s tried slut shaming.

It’s right out of Spammity’s playbook.

Pathetic.

I repeat Sal, Once a rebubiklan, always a repubiklan, but Nixon was like butter. Twisted Evil

209Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 10:28 pm

bigdog

Sal, I don't give a rat's ass what you think personally about adult consentual relationships.
I care what American voters think about women who sleep their way to the top of their career ladder. You THINK they all think like you, and they do NOT.
And I never once questioned her race. I questioned her ability to argue that she knows what African Americans went through as children when she didn't even LIVE IN AMERICA during most of her childhood. Her busing comment was ridiculous. She was bussed. Nobody stopped her from going to an integrated school. She knows NOTHING about what was going on in the rest of the country, because for the short time she lived in the US, she lived in Berkeley.
You're the fool and it's you that needs to sharpen your game.

Do you REALLY think the Republicans wouldn't bring that stuff out during a general election? And Do you not see that it makes her out to be as fake as she can be? I'd like to get rid of Donald Trump with this election.
Of course you don't see what she is,  and neither does T. She's a beautiful woman. My God. Drag your brains out from between your legs and see if there's any possibility you can get them to operate again.

Men are so f__cking easy.

210Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 10:41 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:Sal, I don't give a rat's ass what you think personally about adult consentual relationships.
I care what American voters think about women who sleep their way to the top of their career ladder. You THINK they  all  think like you, and they  do NOT.
And I never once questioned her race. I questioned her ability to argue that she knows what African Americans went through as children when she didn't even LIVE IN AMERICA during most of her childhood. Her busing comment was ridiculous. She was bussed. Nobody stopped her from going to an integrated school. She knows NOTHING about what was going on in the rest of the country, because for the short time she lived in the US, she lived in Berkeley.
You're the fool and it's you that needs to sharpen your game.

Do you REALLY think the Republicans wouldn't bring that stuff out during a general election? And Do you not see that it makes her out to be as fake as she can be? I'd like to get rid of Donald Trump with this election.
Of course you don't see what she is,  and neither does T. She's a beautiful woman. My God. Drag your brains out from between your legs and see if there's any possibility you can get them to operate again.

Men are so f__cking easy.

C’mon ...

... the Repukes are going to throw as much crap as they can find, regardless of who our candidate is ...

... the question is, why are you participating??!

Biden has more baggage than a 747.

Your game is deep in the muck.

211Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 10:45 pm

Sal

Sal

BTW, Warren is killing it in the new NBC poll.

She’s no joke.

Biden better raise his game.

212Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/11/2019, 11:01 pm

bigdog

Biden is still ahead. I'm sitting here listening to Lawrence O'Donnell trying to explain how a 7 point lead over Warren is a virtual tie, even though the margin of error is only 5 points in the poll. It's wishful thinking, just like yours. Also, the new poll shows Biden leads by 46 percent to Harris 17% with African American voters, even after the debate. They are not being conned.

BTW, A new poll of the South Carolina primary shows Biden with a 21 point lead over the nearest contender. Eliza Collins who was involved with taking the poll said that not one in 12 South Carolina African American voters was concerned with Joe Biden's comments on working with segregationists or with the exchange at the debates on busing. They expected him to make some mistakes when he spoke (don't we all) and Biden's numbers actually went up with them in South Carolina after the debate. So much for Kamala Harris' miraculous debate victory over Biden. 

His baggage doesn't involve an affair with Willie Brown.
Trying to pretend that won't come up and doesn't matter is insane.
I suspect it is already mattering, as is her record as a prosecutor.

People assume men are dogs, so Trump got by with his promiscuous background. It's not fair, but most people still expect more from women. I'm not spreading it around, there aren't enough people on this forum to influence a vote anyway. And now is the time for any baggage the candidates have to come out. Not after they get the nomination.

213Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 8:24 am

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:
People assume men are dogs, so Trump got by with his promiscuous background. It's not fair, but most people still expect more from women. I'm not spreading it around, there aren't enough people on this forum to influence a vote anyway. And now is the time for any baggage the candidates have to come out. Not after they get the nomination.

Mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Trump supporters' misogynistic double standards have no place in the Democratic primary, so why do you insist on playing on their turf?

It's pathetic.

Harris has some problems. Her main one is her tendency to take expansive positions on nuanced issues, and then having to walk them back after realizing she's put herself out on a limb. She's done it on healthcare and busing. She's needs to be smarter about that.

That's what we should be talking about, ...

... not Willie Brown.

Sheesh.

214Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 9:45 am

Telstar

Telstar

Last night's Maddow show...

215Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 2:52 pm

bigdog

I'm talking about what the news media will focus on during the general election if she gets the nomination.

And by the way, she was the only Democrat in the debate to attack another Democrat so far. She doesn't mind dirtying up other candidates. She wants to play tough and dirty prosecutor, so she will get  to have to explain some of her own past issues. Nobody is going to look at her anymore and give her a break because she's a woman. She earned her Hillary Clinton tough woman wings in that debate the other night. Too bad she isn't Hillary. 

I'm not holding my head under the sand. You guys are the ones doing that. 

Policies are not interesting. Affairs with public figures  that advance people's careers are interesting. USA Today covered it already and so will CNN if she's the candidate. And it won't be fake news.

Live on in your dream world. I just hope she isn't nominated because it will be a disaster if she is. 

I don't give a shit if it bothers snowflakes that Dems might nominate another white male. I want Donald Trump gone. I'd like him dead or at least in prison,  but there's nothing I can do about that. I believe Joe Biden can beat him and I don't trust any of the other candidates running right now to do that. If you don't want Trump gone, fall in love with Kamala or Liz or Pete or Bernie, they seem to be the only other choices right now. And we can totally kiss America good-bye in November of 2020. And it will be the far left progressives who will be to blame, just as they may have cost the Dems the last election with their Bernie or Bust attitudes. 
This is too serious to take any chances with.

Way, way too serious for just picking the flavor of the day and trying it out.

216Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 3:32 pm

Sal

Sal

I get the electability argument being made by the concern trolls, but I'm not buying it.

Trump has a low ceiling - the fact is that he polls in the low 40s against any candidate he's polled against (including Megan Rapinoe, the women's soccer star, who's not running and most Americans have never heard of).

Joe is coasting on name recognition at the moment, but the numbers are likely to shift significantly as the other candidates become more familiar to the electorate.

And, he carrying a ton of downside into the general election.

All that having been said, Democrats should feel totally comfortable taking a hard look at the candidate(s) they think will make the best President, and not just the one they think has the best chance of beating Trump.

217Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 4:41 pm

Telstar

Telstar

It's so early in the race that anything can happen but for now SlowJoe looks like a tired old man with one foot in the grave and the other one in his mouth. Twisted Evil

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 34j4sk10

218Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 6:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:

Nailed it.

The worst thing wrong with the Democratic party is all the soul searching that went on after 2016, complaining about Clinton and wondering if we needed to move left. No. That election was not a loss because Clinton was too moderate.  Americans voted Democratic. Stop doing autopsies on something that was never dead.

She is much more than that.  Are you full of envy?  Because, nobody really likes that person.

Elizabeth Warren is the senior United States Senator from Massachusetts, serving since 2013. She is a member of the Senate committees on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP); Energy and Natural Resources; and the Special Committee on Aging.

Recognized as one of the nation's top experts on bankruptcy and the financial pressures facing middle class families, Senator Warren was the driving force behind the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). President Barack Obama appointed her as Assistant to the President and as Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury, charged with the job of setting up the agency to hold financial institutions accountable and to protect consumers from financial tricks and traps. In the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, Senator Warren also served as Chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel (COP) for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).

In 1992-93, Senator Warren served as the Robert Braucher Visiting Professor of Commercial Law at Harvard Law School; in 1995, she accepted a permanent appointment as the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law. Before coming to Harvard, she taught at the law schools of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, University of Texas, University of Houston, and Rutgers University. She taught courses on commercial law, contracts, and bankruptcy, and has written more than a hundred articles and ten books.

She has won teaching awards at multiple schools, and graduating classes at Harvard twice recognized her with the Sacks-Freund Award for excellence in teaching. In 2013, she received the Harvard Law School Association Award. National Law Journal named her one of the Most Influential Lawyers of the Decade, TIME magazine has named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world three times, and she has been honored by the Massachusetts Women's Bar Association with the Lelia J. Robinson Award. Senator Warren was elected to the American Law Institute, and later to the Council of ALI where she served as Vice President of the Institute. She also was elected to the National Bankruptcy Conference, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and as a Theodore Roosevelt Fellow of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. In 2014, she was honored with the Roosevelt Institute’s Franklin D. Roosevelt Distinguished Public Service Award.

Senator Warren is a graduate of the University of Houston and Rutgers School of Law.

Areas of Interest
Contracts
Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy: Consumer Debt
Bankruptcy: International Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy: Medical Debt
Bankruptcy: Transnational Insolvencies
Health Law: Healthcare Law, Economics and Systems
Empirical Legal Research
Commercial Law

https://hls.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/10935/Warren

Last edited by Floridatexan on 7/12/2019, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

219Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 7:12 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Nailed it.

She is much more than than.  Are you full of envy?

She’s full of something.

220Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 8:32 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Nailed it.

She’s full of something.
Why would I envy Elizabeth Warren. I am aware that she's a very smart woman with a lot of good ideas.
Except for trying to prove she was an American Indian when Trump challenged her, showing her insecurity and inability to ignore the words of a total fool, she doesn't really have any baggage. 
That particular piece of baggage tells me she will fall for every comment the right makes about her and the election would be nothing but her trying to defend herself against Trump. I don't think Elizabeth warren has a chance against Donald Trump.
I also don't think the 2016 election would have been nearly as close had Hillary Clinton turned around and told Donald Trump to back off when he was stalking her like Frankenstein during the  debates. She allowed him to get away with looming over her while she was talking, and it showed she either was scared or, more likely, didn't take him seriously enough to tell him off. She should have turned around, faced him, and  let him have it on that stage that night, and she did not. Elizabeth Warren would have done exactly the same thing. People who don't understand bullies like Trump can simply not win against them.
One comment I liked that Biden made about trump was that he didn't want to deal with him, he wanted to take him out behind the school and fight him. That's someone that understands bullies. I don't think Elizabeth Warren did at all. I think Hillary was a much better candidate than Warren would be against Trump, and she's not in the White House either. 

As for me trashing Kamala Harris- more than one candidate has already stated that she should not have attacked Biden the way she did in the debate the other night. Talk about giving the Repukes ammo for their guns, Ms Harris is still doing just that. She's still talking about it on the View. Trashing other Dems is her game. Maybe she must be a secret Republican too, huh? 
Sounds like it, since that's what you are accusing me of doing. And I'm just on a very insignificant internet forum. She's on national TV.

221Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/12/2019, 9:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Nailed it.

She’s full of something.
Why would I envy Elizabeth Warren. I am aware that she's a very smart woman with a lot of good ideas.
Except for trying to prove she was an American Indian when Trump challenged her, showing her insecurity and inability to ignore the words of a total fool, she doesn't really have any baggage. 
That particular piece of baggage tells me she will fall for every comment the right makes about her and the election would be nothing but her trying to defend herself against Trump. I don't think Elizabeth warren has a chance against Donald Trump.
I also don't think the 2016 election would have been nearly as close had Hillary Clinton turned around and told Donald Trump to back off when he was stalking her like Frankenstein during the  debates. She allowed him to get away with looming over her while she was talking, and it showed she either was scared or, more likely, didn't take him seriously enough to tell him off. She should have turned around, faced him, and  let him have it on that stage that night, and she did not. Elizabeth Warren would have done exactly the same thing. People who don't understand bullies like Trump can simply not win against them.
One comment I liked that Biden made about trump was that he didn't want to deal with him, he wanted to take him out behind the school and fight him. That's someone that understands bullies. I don't think Elizabeth Warren did at all. I think Hillary was a much better candidate than Warren would be against Trump, and she's not in the White House either. 

As for me trashing Kamala Harris- more than one candidate has already stated that she should not have attacked Biden the way she did in the debate the other night. Talk about giving the Repukes ammo for their guns, Ms Harris is still doing just that. She's still talking about it on the View. Trashing other Dems is her game. Maybe she must be a secret Republican too, huh? 
Sounds like it, since that's what you are accusing me of doing. And I'm just on a very insignificant internet forum. She's on national TV.

Thanks for reminding me when feeble old bastard Biden endorsed the repubiklan over the Democrat. Damn his soul for that.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yw8zy7/of-course-joe-biden-supported-a-republican-in-a-dollar200k-speech

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Biden_12

222Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 12:10 pm

bigdog

What the hell are you talking about and what it that OPINION piece from a website called VICE all about?   You just out and out lied, by the way. The article states clearly, in plain English, that Joe Biden did not endorse this Republican over a Democrat. Yeah, I actually read it. Surprise. He endorsed neither candidate.  It's unbelievable you would post a link to such a scummy site. It  derides Biden for being friends with John McCain, who WAS responsible for saving Obama care for people like my sister who have to use it because she's too young for Medicare and has multiple pre-existing conditions and serious health problems. I say bless John McCain's heart for doing that. 
He apparently praised a republican for helping out with Cancer research. How horrible of him!!!!!! Biden shouldn't give a damn about Cancer research. He shouldn't think somebody that supports it did something good  just because Biden's own son died of cancer. 
What a gullible fool the man is. He should have gotten up there and cussed the man out for being a member of the wrong political party.

That whole article is an opinion piece and nothing but B.S. You'd remove it if you respected your own postings.

Here's what I know. You apparently are mostly angry because I said Richard Nixon did some good things when he was president. All you care about remembering from his administration is Watergate. That's exactly the same as the Vietnam Vets who still despise Lyndon Johnson and can't remember any of the great strides he helped this country make in Civil Rights during his administration. Johnson's presidency, absent Vietnam, was a good presidency. He threw the Democratic party under the bus in the South by having the guts to pass legislation that he knew, and he said, would destroy the Democratic party down here for a generation to come. He was wrong about the duration of the hate here, he underestimated it. But his presidency will go down in history as the Vietnam years, period. 

People who have gone so far to one side of the spectrum that they can't see any good at all in the other are not a hell of a lot different from the Trump lovers. They think all Dems are out to destroy America.
Only seeing one facet of a human being makes it easy to get through life. You can slap a label on somebody and go on about your business. But it's damned lazy thinking. And it makes for a civilization that will eventually collapse from hate and warfare.
You don't much care for my attitude, I don't much care for the way you are thinking right now. I respected you more than that.

But if you want to see only perfection in Kamala Harris and pretend she's not being disingenuous, and you only want to see evil in Joe Biden because he was friends with John McCain and worked with other members of Congress back in the 70's, as did Jimmy Carter, by the way, it's really not much worth having discussions about it anymore.
It would be about the same as trying to change the minds of a Trump voter, and that's useless. Because to them, Trump is ALL GOOD.
Good luck with the future of the Democratic party if the pure Bernie loving progressives are what it ends up being. Because eventually, the sane people in America will get together and form a moderate party that understands you have to speak to other people, including people like Pkr, if you want this country to last. Not speaking to the other side is the number one clue that you've gotten too rigid in your thinking. Just like Republicans.

223Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 1:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:What the hell are you talking about and what it that OPINION piece from a website called VICE all about?   You just out and out lied, by the way. The article states clearly, in plain English, that Joe Biden did not endorse this Republican over a Democrat. Yeah, I actually read it. Surprise. He endorsed neither candidate.  It's unbelievable you would post a link to such a scummy site. It  derides Biden for being friends with John McCain, who WAS responsible for saving Obama care for people like my sister who have to use it because she's too young for Medicare and has multiple pre-existing conditions and serious health problems. I say bless John McCain's heart for doing that. 
He apparently praised a republican for helping out with Cancer research. How horrible of him!!!!!! Biden shouldn't give a damn about Cancer research. He shouldn't think somebody that supports it did something good  just because Biden's own son died of cancer. 
What a gullible fool the man is. He should have gotten up there and cussed the man out for being a member of the wrong political party.

That whole article is an opinion piece and nothing but B.S. You'd remove it if you respected your own postings.

Here's what I know. You apparently are mostly angry because I said Richard Nixon did some good things when he was president. All you care about remembering from his administration is Watergate. That's exactly the same as the Vietnam Vets who still despise Lyndon Johnson and can't remember any of the great strides he helped this country make in Civil Rights during his administration. Johnson's presidency, absent Vietnam, was a good presidency. He threw the Democratic party under the bus in the South by having the guts to pass legislation that he knew, and he said, would destroy the Democratic party down here for a generation to come. He was wrong about the duration of the hate here, he underestimated it. But his presidency will go down in history as the Vietnam years, period. 

People who have gone so far to one side of the spectrum that they can't see any good at all in the other are not a hell of a lot different from the Trump lovers. They think all Dems are out to destroy America.
Only seeing one facet of a human being makes it easy to get through life. You can slap a label on somebody and go on about your business. But it's damned lazy thinking. And it makes for a civilization that will eventually collapse from hate and warfare.
You don't much care for my attitude, I don't much care for the way you are thinking right now. I respected you more than that.

But if you want to see only perfection in Kamala Harris and pretend she's not being disingenuous, and you only want to see evil in Joe Biden because he was friends with John McCain and worked with other members of Congress back in the 70's, as did Jimmy Carter, by the way, it's really not much worth having discussions about it anymore.
It would be about the same as trying to change the minds of a Trump voter, and that's useless. Because to them, Trump is ALL GOOD.
Good luck with the future of the Democratic party if the pure Bernie loving progressives are what it ends up being. Because eventually, the sane people in America will get together and form a moderate party that understands you have to speak to other people, including people like Pkr, if you want this country to last. Not speaking to the other side is the number one clue that you've gotten too rigid in your thinking. Just like Republicans.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Cat_fa11

Just for that I'm writing you out of my will. Twisted Evil

224Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 3:58 pm

bigdog

F Scott Fitzgerald:  "The ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function is the mark of a superior mind."

Sorry, I thought you had that ability, especially since you claim not to be a Trump voter.

Even I am wrong sometimes.

I didn't play your clip. 
I decided to be close minded. The difference in me being that way and you being that way is that I personally chose to do it for only this circumstance.
And apparently, you're stuck with it all the time.

You proved that when you lied about Biden endorsing a Republican over a Democrat to prove your point even though you knew it wasn't true.
That's how Republicans justify their thinking too, and after awhile, they don't even know if it's a lie anymore.

Yep, just like a Republican.

You're welcome to the last word on this thread. Republicans always need that too. Far be it from me to deprive you of your security blanket.

225Democrats Debate lineup - Page 9 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/13/2019, 4:09 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum