Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good News

+11
2seaoat
RealLindaL
dumpcare
knothead
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
Markle
Telstar
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Hallmarkgard
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 7:54 am

Wow... what a ton of relief. Your clear mind is vastly more important that the trouble with your left side.

Now kick rehabs ass and get ready for that rock n roll cruise..!!

152Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 9:14 am

2seaoat

I am relieved that you are posting and lucid. Lucid is a relative term. I am especially happy that Eric and Hallmark are there for you. You are in good hands. I just filled out my medical marijuana application. In Illinois if you make an application it costs about 2k in fees, but they waive fees for those who are terminable and have less than six months. My doctor is willing to sign the six month application and this waives the fingerprinting. He is uncertain as to my exit date, but said he is willing to sign and I will fed ex the application to him on Monday. They give you a list of dispensaries which must be put on your application with a photo. My biggest beef about prescribing pain pills which are opiates is the horrible constipation which compounds my pain. I am hopeful the edible pot will be effective in general relief from the pain without making me loopy.

Also, as you go through rehab, you will get an idea about your ability to drive and the need to make some modifications on a vehicle which will allow you to still drive. Hallmark is a huge resource in that regard as to whether one of your current vehicles can be modified. I have told the story about my customer who got West Nile and was paralyzed and wheel chair bound and had a special van modified where she is entirely self sufficient and drives, stores her chair, gets what she needs, back in the van, and to her home which has been modified. She was 26, it is tougher as we age, but good things are coming your way.

153Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 9:32 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat, I really hope you get relief from the Marijuana.

Bob....have a great day and enjoy your company. Friends make everything better a D you have very special caring friends.

154Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:22 am

Sal

Sal

Hey ppaca, you can take the "not" out of your headline.

Glad you're doing well, Bob.

155Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:43 am

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Goodwill Easter Seals will provide a manual wheelchair or possibly a motorized one, if they have one. They will also build a ramp free of charge as well as any needed medical equipment like potty chairs, walkers etc.

Great to know. Also the cancer society will help.

Sal..... You are right, Bob needs to walk out.

I never had any luck w/ the cancer society, Joani. When I tried to get the nutritional food supplements for some of my clients who had cancer they said no. I asked what all the money donated goes for and they told me research. I quit donating to them after that.

156Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:53 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Goodwill Easter Seals will provide a manual wheelchair or possibly a motorized one, if they have one. They will also build a ramp free of charge as well as any needed medical equipment like potty chairs, walkers etc.

Great to know. Also the cancer society will help.

Sal..... You are right, Bob needs to walk out.

I never had any luck w/ the cancer society, Joani. When I tried to get the nutritional food supplements for some of my clients who had cancer they said no. I asked what all the money donated goes for and they told me research. I quit donating to them after that.

Good to know, thanks for the Easter Seals tip.

157Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 11:14 am

dumpcare

Bob is this the place?

REHABILITATION INSTITUTE OF WEST FLORIDA
Rehabilitation Hospital
View Details
8391 N DAVIS HWY
PENSACOLA, FLORIDA 32514
Phone: (850) 494-3349

158Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 1:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Bob is this the place?

REHABILITATION INSTITUTE OF WEST FLORIDA
Rehabilitation Hospital
View Details
8391 N DAVIS HWY
PENSACOLA, FLORIDA 32514
Phone: (850) 494-3349

Yes, great neuro rehab

159Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 4:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How was your day Bob?

160Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 4:52 pm

2seaoat

How was your day Bob?

Probably worn out with visitors.....

161Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I apologize for the delay in response and there are several reasons why.  Mostly that I'm not used to holding a phone and trying to type on it with the same hand.  I keep screwing up and correcting it so making a post like this takes 3 or 4 times longer.   Im really learning to respect the predicament of all the folks who Cheney and bush (with the help of Hilary's yay vote) sent to Iraq to lose their hand, leg, arm, etc.
And I woke up in icu this morning with my heart rate at 200 and got diagnosed with A-Fib and they had to spend time with that. And that's going to keep me in icu a little longer.
I'm very comfortable with the help of 10 mg of loritabs every 6 hours. Lol

Yes that is the rehab facility I'll be going to as an inpatient.

Love and kisses to all.

Last edited by Bob on 9/10/2016, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

162Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:41 pm

Thanks for posting Bob... it's great hearing from you. Keep us updated as you go through the rehab... I'm sure we'll all be interested in how that goes.

163Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/10/2016, 10:52 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks to y'all for being there to read it, Pkr.

164Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 12:20 am

Telstar

Telstar

Great to hear from you Bob and knowing that you're on the mend.

165Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 12:24 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Stay ahead of the pain with the medication.

166Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 12:55 am

RealLindaL

Thanks, Bob, for persevering with the posting task. Can't be easy, but as you can see your messages are greatly appreciated. Even if only once day or so, it's a real treat to hear from you!

Glad you're getting such good care and look forward to your continued improvement. These days A-fib can be well controlled and thus perhaps only a minor glitch. Hang in there, kiddo. We're pulling for you.

167Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 6:45 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Stay ahead of the pain with the medication.

Really good advice if you're having much discomfort. If you let it get too bad before you take meds it can be very rough to make it manageable again... and can often lead to taking more of the meds than if you had stuck to a schedule or taken some right when you first notice the pain.

168Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 9:56 am

dumpcare

Bob going to try and make it up tomorrow (Monday) between 10 and 11 AM. I'll call to see if you're still in ICU.

169Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 10:08 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look forward to seeing you, ppaca.

I should clarify about the being comfortable with the help of loritab.
I have felt hardly any pain through this whole ordeal. I discovered that for me the loritab is a very good anxiety reliever which gets my mind off the situation I'm in.

170Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 10:51 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hope you have another good day.

171Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 11:32 am

2seaoat

You have no idea how your posting has relieved much of our anxiety as to your health. The battle never gets easy, and in the end you most certainly will find humor in the challenges, and will triumph. I find giggles are the best medicine despite the serious nature of illness. I always look at a decline or bad situation with a simple rule......it can always be worse.......and then take an inventory of the good things.

172Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 3:02 pm

Hallmarkgard

Just saw Bob. Still has his sense of humor and seems in good sprits.

173Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 3:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:Just saw Bob.  Still has his sense of humor and seems in good sprits.

Awesome. Thank you Hallmark.

174Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 4:29 pm

knothead

knothead

Hallmarkgard wrote:Just saw Bob.  Still has his sense of humor and seems in good sprits.

Sincere thanks from me as well Hallmark . . . . . I am so relieved and am optimistic for Bob now, thank you sir!

175Good News - Page 7 Empty Re: Good News 9/11/2016, 5:41 pm

RealLindaL

What Joani and knot said!! Hallmark, you're the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum