This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Good News

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 8:07 pm

Bob standup2cancer is on abc right now.

View user profile

127 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 8:09 pm

Hell I've been around since pnj forums a little before Ivan, I used to be several different socks. But if it is someone who goes over to his house I may know him as another name on here.

View user profile

128 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 8:20 pm

Have read the good news about Bob and while I am thrilled with the surgical outcome with our good friend. . . . . as we all know Bob faces continuing challenges going forward and it is my sincere hope that Bob's mental state is optimistic because it will require determination along with a great support system . . . . . hang tough Bob we need you!

View user profile

129 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 8:23 pm

never mind.

View user profile

130 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:14 pm

ppaca wrote:Hell I've been around since pnj forums a little before Ivan, I used to be several different socks. But if it is someone who goes over to his house I may know him as another name on here.


Don't let anyone try to fool you ppca. I've only been a member since 2012 but I'm not a sock. I've never met Bob face to face and only talked to him on this forum. Since they don't want to come right out and say who I'm a sock of I'm sure you can pm them and they can tell you. If Bob is reading this I'm sure he's having a good laugh. lol!

View user profile

131 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:24 pm

Is Bob going to be transferred to a rehab facility post surgery, and is that going to be an out patient or residential rehab? Hopefully somebody can help him with voice activated computer input. I used some amazing software over the years with voice recognition software, but I found as the processing speed improved and the software improved, it actually with some training was quite efficient. I forget the whole name of the software, but is was dragon something, and I spent a month training on it and had it working pretty good, and then just moved on. About five years later I installed it on a newer and faster computer with updated software, and it was amazing the difference.

View user profile

132 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:31 pm

With the deficit he will be a candidate for inpatient rehab. Of course his oncologist will be part of the team making all the decisions. He will be taken care of.... And get the care needed.

View user profile

133 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:37 pm

Goodwill Easter Seals will provide a manual wheelchair or possibly a motorized one, if they have one. They will also build a ramp free of charge as well as any needed medical equipment like potty chairs, walkers etc.

View user profile

134 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:43 pm

Here's hoping that Bob takes all the PT and walks out like the badass he wishes he was.

View user profile

135 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:45 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:With the deficit he will be a candidate for inpatient rehab. Of course his oncologist will be part of the team making all the decisions. He will be taken care of.... And get the care needed.

We just went through this with my MIL. She fractured her pelvis in early August and was discharged from SH to rehab after a short stay. They told her she might have to stay in rehab for 6-8 weeks. The trouble was, Medicare only covers 20 days at 100%. In MIL's case, BCBS covered another 10 days, but after the BCBS coverage the Medicare daily $161 copay kicked in for the remaining 80 days of Medicare eligibility for that level of care.

I manage my MIL's finances, and my brain was stretched thinking of where the extra money was going to come from if she had to stay the full 8 weeks. Luckily, her rehab went very well, and she was discharged to her home a day or two before her 30 days of full payment was up. She was over for dinner last night, and she seems to be getting around very well, and she looks good....

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

136 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:48 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Goodwill Easter Seals will provide a manual wheelchair or possibly a motorized one, if they have one. They will also build a ramp free of charge as well as any needed medical equipment like potty chairs, walkers etc.

Great to know. Also the cancer society will help.

Sal..... You are right, Bob needs to walk out.

View user profile

137 Re: Good News on 9/9/2016, 10:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:With the deficit he will be a candidate for inpatient rehab. Of course his oncologist will be part of the team making all the decisions. He will be taken care of.... And get the care needed.

We just went through this with my MIL. She fractured her pelvis in early August and was discharged from SH to rehab after a short stay. They told her she might have to stay in rehab for 6-8 weeks. The trouble was, Medicare only covers 20 days at 100%. In MIL's case, BCBS covered another 10 days, but after the BCBS coverage the Medicare daily $161 copay kicked in for the remaining 80 days of Medicare eligibility for that level of care.

I manage my MIL's finances, and my brain was stretched thinking of where the extra money was going to come from if she had to stay the full 8 weeks. Luckily, her rehab went very well, and she was discharged to her home a day or two before her 30 days of full payment was up. She was over for dinner last night, and she seems to be getting around very well, and she looks good....

Great Z man.

View user profile

138 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 12:04 am

Sal wrote:Here's hoping that Bob takes all the PT and walks out like the badass he wishes he was.


I'm sure Bob doesn't care if he staggers out like his hero Tor Johnson as long as he's well enough to head for home. Everyone is pulling for you Bob. In this match you're the face. Smile

View user profile

139 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 12:40 am

I'll go From icu tomorrow to the neurosurgery unit for 3 more days before going to inpatient rehab at West FL.
Ive lost the use of left arm and leg and hand.
All the nursing has been the best I've ever had and the Colombian surgeon is very highly respected by all the nurses which is also my take on him.
My mental state is so.good that it shocks me and I don't understand how that could be but I sure ain't questioning it.
I had an mri tonight to look for residual tumor and the tech pumped allman brothers through the headphones for me.
My love to all you wonderful folks.

View user profile

140 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 12:42 am

Terrible news. My heart goes out to Bob and all those who care for him.

View user profile

141 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 12:48 am

Bob wrote:I'll go From icu tomorrow to the neurosurgery unit for 3 more days before going to inpatient rehab at West FL.
Ive lost the use of left arm and leg and hand.
All the nursing has been the best I've ever had and the Colombian surgeon is very highly respected by all the nurses which is also my take on him.
My mental state is so.good that it shocks me and I don't understand how that could be but I sure ain't questioning it.
I had an mri tonight to look for residual tumor and the tech pumped allman brothers through the headphones for me.
My love to all you wonderful folks.


I think you know how loved you are.

View user profile

142 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 12:50 am

Bob wrote:
I had an mri tonight to look for residual tumor and the tech pumped allman brothers through the headphones for me.
My love to all you wonderful folks.


Right back at you Bob.

View user profile

143 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 1:15 am

By the way my oncologist said he'll be glad to prescribe medical marijuana for me which is available to me now when he specifies I'm terminal in less than two years. BUT he's required to take a special class before he's allowed to prescribe it.

He wants a ms pacman table model for his wife and I told him I'd gladly give him one if he'll take the class.  I also pointed out that they're now old and need a lot of maintenance which I can do for him as long as he keeps me alive. lol

View user profile

144 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 1:24 am

Bob wrote:By the way my oncologist said he'll be glad to prescribe medical marijuana for me which is available to me now when he specifies I'm terminal in less than two years. BUT he's required to take a special class before he's allowed to prescribe it.


Does this mean Gary Johnson will be getting your vote Bob? Smile

View user profile

145 E on 9/10/2016, 1:49 am

Telstar wrote:
Bob wrote:By the way my oncologist said he'll be glad to prescribe medical marijuana for me which is available to me now when he specifies I'm terminal in less than two years. BUT he's required to take a special class before he's allowed to prescribe it.


Does this mean Gary Johnson will be getting your vote Bob? Smile

He was going to get it Until he toked over the line before he went on morning joe.
But I've decided he'll still get it because I wish I'd never heard of some shithole called Allepo either.

Geraldo on o'reilly factor tonight: "Pensacola FL is known as the capital of the Redneck Riviera".
bullshit. That honor has always gone to Panama shitty beach.

View user profile

146 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 1:51 am

Made him a deal on the "Bear" or the "Jap" machine LOL I will come see you when you get to where I can. Just let me know. Maybe you could spend some time here, if you wished..

View user profile

147 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 1:59 am

Bob wrote:By the way my oncologist said he'll be glad to prescribe medical marijuana for me which is available to me now when he specifies I'm terminal in less than two years. BUT he's required to take a special class before he's allowed to prescribe it.

He wants a ms pacman table model for his wife and I told him I'd gladly give him one if he'll take the class.  I also pointed out that they're now old and need a lot of maintenance which I can do for him as long as he keeps me alive. lol

LOL Bob, what a planner and a schemer you are and I get such a kick out of you, I can't tell you.   I'm really, really sorry you're having to deal with all this but, along with you, am surprised and delighted that your mental state is so very good, and that has to be more than half the battle.   If anyone can get through tough rehab and (hopefully) do even better than expected, it's our Bob.  

Joani is right that you are dearly loved.   And we do definitely need you!  Seeing you posting tonight has made my day!   Hope you can continue to stay in touch.  Will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best of possible outcomes as you move forward.

View user profile

148 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 2:27 am

Hallmarkgard wrote:Made him a deal on the "Bear" or the "Jap" machine  LOL  I will come see you when you get to where I can.  Just let me know.  Maybe you could spend some time here, if you wished..

Eric and Christine are coming tomorrow. Call them and tell them to swing by and pick you up.  I look forward to your visit.

View user profile

149 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 2:29 am

Goodnight and sleep tight, Bob. Off to bed here, and will be dreaming of your recovery. __LL

View user profile

150 Re: Good News on 9/10/2016, 6:54 am

So good to "see" and "hear" you on the forum, Bob. I love your spirit. Continued prayers. ...wheelin' and dealin' with the doc...LOL Just gotta love it.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum