Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racist Police Stop in Pensacola!!!!

+7
Floridatexan
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

RealLindaL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:There is no arguing with the pretenders to a divine knowledge and to a divine mission. They are possessed with the sin of pride, they have yielded to the perennial temptation.
Walter Lippmann

Can't say as I ever in a million years thought I'd agree with TEO about much of anything, but this Lippmann quote is RIGHT ON.

Mr. arrogant and prideful Seaoat, who pretends to know everything about me, my childhood, my motives, etc. and has branded me a member of his fantastical racist "mob " -- even though I am, in fact, one of the most tolerant human beings you'll ever meet -- has gone waaaaay too far.  But of course he will always have that divine knowledge and perfection that places him above the rest of us, so is unapproachable via normal reason and discourse.  

Why, then, do I waste my time debating with such ignorant, posturing pridefulness?  I'm done even trying.

But as one last parry I will repeat what others have reported, that May's own attorney said profiling had taken place.   He obviously got that from May, since he wasn't there himself.   Seaoat, you are so full of yourself you can't see your nose in front of your face, much less the facts of this matter.  So go ahead and insult me all you want - you know NOTHING about me and never will.  It's all water off this duck's back from here on in.  YOU are the one who should be thoroughly, completely ashamed of yourself.

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:There is no arguing with the pretenders to a divine knowledge and to a divine mission. They are possessed with the sin of pride, they have yielded to the perennial temptation.
Walter Lippmann

Can't say as I ever in a million years thought I'd agree with TEO about much of anything, but this Lippmann quote is RIGHT ON.

Mr. arrogant and prideful Seaoat, who pretends to know everything about me, my childhood, my motives, etc. and has branded me a member of his fantastical racist "mob " -- even though I am, in fact, one of the most tolerant human beings you'll ever meet -- has gone waaaaay too far.  But of course he will always have that divine knowledge and perfection that places him above the rest of us, so is unapproachable via normal reason and discourse.  

Why, then, do I waste my time debating with such ignorant, posturing pridefulness?  I'm done even trying.

But as one last parry I will repeat what others have reported, that May's own attorney said profiling had taken place.   He obviously got that from May, since he wasn't there himself.   Seaoat, you are so full of yourself you can't see your nose in front of your face, much less the facts of this matter.  So go ahead and insult me all you want - you know NOTHING about me and never will.  It's all water off this duck's back from here on in.  YOU are the one who should be thoroughly, completely ashamed of yourself.

I agree! He's a race baiter.

2seaoat

The truth is not an insult. It is the truth. So now you admit your letter was wrong, and the only person who talked about race was the man's attorney. Linda, I have a photographic memory.....it may be a an old non digital camera, but I remember your participation in Chicken bone beach discussion on PB, and the kids from Mobile.....I remember. I tell the truth. Always have. I see things clearly and have little use for polite society which uses the same to create smoke and mirrors when talking about the most critical issue in American politics in 2015. The belief that every human being is afforded equal protection under the law. I did not spend a week in my weakened state to put up a 35 foot flagpole. I have never been more proud of this country as the grace of survivor families finally is allowing the dog whistle folks to search their souls and find truth.......and then your cowardly letter in complete contrast to a courageous letter less than three weeks earlier. No, I play the arrogant fool in the sandbox, but on this issue I am dead cinch correct, and with basic social psychology the only way people can find balance is to say they are wrong, seaoat is a good person, and hate is unacceptable, of course social psychology and balance theory says you can achieve balance another way.....I am a good person, seaoat is a bad person, and there is no hate.

I will now go play poker at a country club I was banned from because only two members had the courage to stand up and stop a five million dollar boondoggle on the golf course.....well the board did not like their authority being questioned, so I helped them with a letter of resignation which itemized exactly what would happen.....they were angry with the truth.....they banned me from returning......something which was formerly only done for people who did not pay bills....well membership at 238 fell to a 100 as the club balances five years later on the dissolution, and lo and behold the membership petitioned the board for the guy who was right to be unbanned, courage is not going with the high and mighty and honesty is easy when there are no consequences, integrity is speaking the truth when there are consequences.....I consider you a friend, but if you were standing in front of me right now I would tell you the truth, understanding that you have no choice but to dismiss me.....been there and done that.....I will put my head on my lazy boy tonight and sleep with a clean conscience that I have lived a truthful life.

A good person doesn't go around labeling people just to try to win an argument.

That you sleep without regret only shows that you lack a conscience.

Vikingwoman

Seaoat, telling the truth as you see it is not necessarily the truth. It is your opinion. You don't seem to grasp that concept at all? To say Lumpn May did not have a conversation about racial profiling w/ his atty. who expressed that to the media is way beyond what you know about this case and gives me pause about your mental status. You see yourself as some kind of Atticus Finch which in it self smacks of delusions. You wasted no time in trying to bolster yourself w/ your country club story of truth and justice. I'll bet there's a different version of that story but nontheless you really have no insight into the minds of the people who rejected May's behavior other than your own obsessive bias. You need to examine that and find some balance. BTW, you owe me an apology for calling me a liar and a racist. If I saw any evidence of racial profiling I would have certainly expressed that. There was none.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:A good person doesn't go around labeling people just to try to win an argument.

O

M

G

.... you should definitely shut up now, random glibertarian deadender guy.

Sheesh.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Stop the vitriol. I'd like to know how many people here are guilty of losing their tempers...also, how many have been stopped by law enforcement multiple times? You haven't lived here long if you haven't seen much worse behavior from elected officials and/or "prominent citizens".

Vikingwoman

Well, at least you didn't say he was racially profiled as I would have expected you to say. I personally don't agree w/ asking the guy to resign.I think that's a bit much besides he apologized and that's enough.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

May I ask a question. I'm trying to understand how she ran the wrong tag number. When a patrol office wants to run a vehicle tag, does he/she call in the tag number to the dispatcher, or instead, type it into the laptop beside them?
If it's the latter, not only is that method very prone to typos, it's also as dangerous as driving while texting.

Vikingwoman

They have a computer in their car they use. I don't know if they speak it in or not.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:So now you admit your letter was wrong, and the only person who talked about race was the man's attorney.  

I admit nothing of the sort!  The mention of May's attorney's statement was only to augment the interpretation that I and, apparently, most everyone else had of May's own statement when pulled over: that it had  happened a hundred times before.  If you don't know what he meant when he brought that forward....well, I won't say what that makes you because I don't believe you anyway.  You know perfectly well what the implication of that was.  I've never said he shouldn't have brought it up, but for you to deny he had race on his mind and instead accuse ME of fomenting racist thinking is denying that the sun rose and set today and will do the same tomorrow.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Linda, I have a photographic memory.....it may be a an old non digital camera, but I remember your participation in Chicken bone beach discussion on PB, and the kids from Mobile.....I remember.

If you have such a photographic memory of the old PNJ forum discussions, Sea, then you'll recall that (1) I always strongly condemned the use of the 'traditional' PB term "Chicken Bone" beach for what is now known as Park West, terming that name highly racially offensive, and more than once cited at least one black person on the forum who had come right out and said it offended them, and (2) I came down hard on the annual gathering of Mobile 'kids' (some of whom were way older than 'kids', as it was reported) because, due to their behavior, the road always ended up blocked by the 'kids' and/or the resultant sheriff's deputies, which was disruptive to the people who lived across the road, since for most of an entire day and night they couldn't even get to their own condos, and because those 'kids' acted as though they alone were the kings and queens of that park, and could do whatever they wanted, including blasting their boom boxes until all hours and leaving mountains of trash and broken bottles behind them.  I would condemn that behavior by anyone of any age -- black, white, brown or yellow.  As I always understood it, the whole reason they were here and not at a beach in their own state is because Gulf Shores wouldn't tolerate their behavior and shut them down long ago.

And have no idea why you even brought all this up in the context of the current discussion unless your excellent memory was actually faulty in terms of remembering exactly what I said.  To repeat:  I stood up against an iconic beach term as racially offensive -- NEVER use that term myself -- and also stood up against disruptive behavior by an overbearing, rowdy and trash-strewing crowd at the park across from neighborhood residences.  If something's not "balanced" about all that, I fail to see what it is.

I also have no earthly idea why I'm bothering to type all this.  Never thought I'd say it, but what a waste of time.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 7/3/2015, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo correction)

2seaoat

You are wasting your time.  Your letter speaks for itself.  You interjected race.  It was wrong, and it was cowardly to join the racist mob.  The man was lynched by racist and he was completely in the right.  In regard to PB and the mobile kids, I can say that what you and other PB residents wrote about those kids was wrong, and you certainly were not the worst, but you participated in that mob as you have here.  I took all kinds of heat taking the very same positions I have taken here.....not a scintilla of difference.

If you had integrity, you never would have been race into your letter.   To say I was shocked particularly after the tragedy in South Carolina would be an understatement.   I always thought you were fair.  That letter was unfair, and why the cowardly letter to Grover, why not to Mr. May directly........your intent was to punish a man who never brought race, or his position on a clearly bad stop.   Atticus Finch......I only wish I could have his patience and wisdom to move people on the right path.......instead I have always been direct.  Yes, there is more to the story on the country club......a board member who had been my golf partner had built a golf course in Wisconsin, and had insisted on redoing our club using the same golf architect who made over 200k and wasted five million and clearly he breached his fiduciary duty to abstain from any vote....he did not.  I stood up at a meeting and never brought up the breach of fiduciary duty to the club, but stuck to how foolish it was to expend five million dollars when the economy was beginning to falter and membership may fall........well I waited to the end of the year and all the people who agreed with me let their feet vote....they resigned.......and people began to understand the conflict of interest and horrible mistake which had been made.  Well that board member resigned a year ago and has been attacked for destroying the club, and the board and membership took pleasure in inviting me back......what a sad place with so few people and huge debt, all because not enough people had the courage to stand and speak the truth.   I lost in poker tonight and was a bit of a celebrity as membership made special trips down to the 19th hole where we played.  I never flinched in my position then, and I certainly will never flinch in regard to what was done to Mr. May.  He was lynched by words....not close to truthful words, but words deeply seated in fear, prejudice,and ignorance.  I owe NOBODY an apology, nor will I ever eliminate the fear and prejudice which allowed such preposterous jumps in logic......at this late date it is permanent.

Vikingwoman

You called me a liar and a racist of which I am none! You said I lied about what was reported in the paper. You are a dishonorable person.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:You called me a liar and a racist of which I am none! You said I lied about what was reported in the paper. You are a dishonorable person.

Well you told Lisa I was a NAZI, just like seaoat calls me, so what's that make you princess ? I expect a full apology before Hitler's birthday !

Vikingwoman

Can you prove you're not a Nazi?

no stress

no stress

This is why I come check in from time to time. This time was a win.....I got to see Viking and linda mop the floor with seaoat. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:Can you prove you're not a Nazi?

Can you prove you are not a axe murderer ?

2seaoat

By golly.....I have Linda posting.....Gunz Posting......and Dreams posting.....but the best part is that Dreams and Gunz.....sitting in a tree......kissing....first comes love......then comes marriage......then comes little racist in a baby carriage....I love this place and good to hear from you Gunz.....I guess I still own ya.

Sal

Sal

no stress wrote:This is why I come check in from time to time.   This time was a win.....I got to see Viking and linda mop the floor with seaoat.   cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

That's nice.

Now, you better head back over to the knitting circle before you get hurt, Spanky.

Tell Eric I said, "hi".

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:By golly.....I have Linda posting.....Gunz Posting......and Dreams posting.....but the best part is that Dreams and Gunz.....sitting in a tree......kissing....first comes love......then comes marriage......then comes little racist in a baby carriage....I love this place and good to hear from you Gunz.....I guess I still own ya.

No you don't. Gunz is not posting!

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Can you prove you're not a Nazi?

Can you prove you are not a axe murderer ?

LOL! Yeah, I can.

2seaoat

Further, if May is going to imply that racism/profiling is the reason for his being 'harassed,' and considering his immature, hair-trigger reaction to such perception, it's just one more reason he is not fit to sit on the board that governs this entire county.  

Mr. May never said or implied racism was involved.  He explained that he had been stopped repeatedly and.   This is exactly how the mob reacted, and I have NO problem calling this out.  None.

Linda then again assumed he did not produce his required papers in her letter.  He did.  They were in order.  Please take your phone and time the moment the officer made the turn and followed to the time she put on her lights.  I will go do that now....maybe you will then understand .

2seaoat

Now, the officer rolls through a traffic control device(as I hinted earlier it was the only traffic violation on the tape)  she then gets close enough from behind to read his tags, and less than 20 seconds later she engaged her lights.....Dreams you say you were an officer.  Could she have ran those tags in twenty seconds?

Now if you are familiar with APLRs  which the American Civil liberties folks are up in arms, you are familiar with that OCR is flawed and not perfect.  So why is there not a newspaper article which either calls this officer out for lying, or an admission that an APLR malfunctioned.  I tend to suspect the later, but this should have been addressed because if this officer is saying she ran this man's plate in less than 20 seconds without any other probable cause......the truth needs to be published.  This was a classic bad stop.

Vikingwoman

We did not have a computer when I was an officer but I'll tell you this when I was pulled over last year on a road near my house as I passed the officer and the few seconds he pulled out after me, he had all my info. Said he didn't need my insurance card or registration. He already had it and it was not even a minute before he reached my truck to tell me. For you to say this officer did not have time to run his tag is essentially saying she profiled him and that would have been impossible w/ his dark tint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum