Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racist Police Stop in Pensacola!!!!

+7
Floridatexan
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Vikingwoman

How much you want to bet?

2seaoat

There is now a petition on FB for his removal.

The new standard for interpretation of constitutional law and proper police procedure.....facebook.....probably many of the same people who are drawing the rebel flag on the RRbridge, or some of the people who are making this about a black man talking to a woman officer, all jumping off the reservation and making this about the status of the commissioner's position with the county, the color of his skin, and the gender of the officer....

CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS HAVE NO COLOR, POSITION, OR GENDER

2seaoat

How much you want to bet?

I am afraid of you.....you will probably make the bet $10,000.00, because you are beginning to remind me of Mitt......I am just a poor semi retired fellow who loves being right and irritating you.....winning your 10k would not be half as fun as me getting you posting again and being angry at me. Priceless!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Seems as if Lumon May has apologized for his behavior but his atty. Eric Stevenson says "you're allowed to resist an arrest if there's no violence". Hey Seaoat is he correct? LOL!

There was NO arrest....next question.

The question, I'll rephrase......can you legally resist an arrest without violence?

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 6/29/2015, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes I think you can it's called resisting arrest without violence...they just pick you up and toss you in the paddy wagon. after a face full of pepper spray....

Racist Police Stop in Pensacola!!!! - Page 5 OccupyUCD3

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The legal answer is no....if you do you will be charged. In this situation Mr. May was not under arrest.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:One of my many nick names in college was rooster......so you nailed me.

That's just WAY too easy!

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Seems as if Lumon May has apologized for his behavior but his atty. Eric Stevenson says "you're allowed to resist an arrest if there's no violence". Hey Seaoat is he correct? LOL!

The question, I'll rephrase......can you legally resist an arrest without violence?

Yes, you can verbally refuse to cooperate. It's called resisting arrest w/o violence.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yes, you can verbally refuse to cooperate. It's called resisting arrest w/o violence.

I know..
I was rephrasing  your post #93...Seaoat skipped over what May's attorney said. Once arrested....if you resist with or without violence you will be charged.

2seaoat

At no time did Mr. May resist arrest.   Absurd.   He was not arrested nor did the officer ever attempt to arrest the motorist.  She asked for his DL and he asked on what basis he was stopped.  Her answer was unsatisfactory, and he said he would turn his DL over to the supervisor.  He did and he was neither arrested or did a citation issue.  He used the word maam, but was firm exercising his constitutional rights which clearly were being trampled on at 8am on a Saturday morning in the very district he represents.  I have been absolutely correct on this from the git go, and it is wrong to use race on this stop, or gender to try to put a citizen in bad light who is simply exercising his fourth amendment rights.

But again, I am all ears if somebody can show me the citation or charging document that this man did anything wrong.....other than being black in Pensacola and being an elected official who can be lynched by a mob of ill informed sheep who think we live in a police state where officers have carte blanche to do whatever they want to do to a citizen.  This officer will have a slip in her personnel file for her clear violation of training protocols.   She treated the citizen with disrespect, argued stridently(like fingernails on the blackboard), and failed to deescalate a routine traffic stop.  Shame on all who are attacking this citizen.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/commissioner-may-asked-apologize-confrontational-traffic-stop-58609.shtml#.VZI4Vkb0cTY

The Fraternal Order of Police is asking for an apology from Escambia County Commissioner Lumon May. Around 7:30 Friday morning a Pensacola Police officer pulled Escambia County Commissioner Luman May over after running his license plate.

"We're allowed through Florida State statute to run tags and so forth for various reasons... that the tag is attached to the right vehicle. Sometimes people steal tags and they'll steal another tag and put it on there, so to make sure that tag is on there, to make sure that the person that is registered doesn't have warrants on them, that their drivers license is valid. Those issues allow us to," said Jeffrey Brown, President of The Fraternal Order of Police.

In our initial story we said Commissioner May was never given a reason. But, when we took a closer look at the tape the video shows different.

"Then he repeats my tag is not suppose to be assigned by this vehicle, so he repeats it so he clearly knows why from the on set of the traffic stop," said Jeffrey Brown.

"Being a public elected official and then disrespecting a public servant we do think a public apology is warranted," said Brown.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:At no time did Mr. May resist arrest.   Absurd.   He was not arrested nor did the officer ever attempt to arrest the motorist.  She asked for his DL and he asked on what basis he was stopped.  Her answer was unsatisfactory, and he said he would turn his DL over to the supervisor.  He did and he was neither arrested or did a citation issue.  He used the word maam, but was firm exercising his constitutional rights which clearly were being trampled on at 8am on a Saturday morning in the very district he represents.  I have been absolutely correct on this from the git go, and it is wrong to use race on this stop, or gender to try to put a citizen in bad light who is simply exercising his fourth amendment rights.

But again, I am all ears if somebody can show me the citation or charging document that this man did anything wrong.....other than being black in Pensacola and being an elected official who can be lynched by a mob of ill informed sheep who think we live in a police state where officers have carte blanche to do whatever they want to do to a citizen.  This officer will have a slip in her personnel file for her clear violation of training protocols.   She treated the citizen with disrespect, argued stridently(like fingernails on the blackboard), and failed to deescalate a routine traffic stop.  Shame on all who are attacking this citizen.

Seaoat...we all know that! Mr. May's attorney is the jackass saying he has "the right to resist arrest without violence".

We know how wasn't arrested and he did not resist arrest!

I watched the video. It speaks for itself. This man, an elected public official, sets a very poor example of how a citizen should respond to a public servant. He owes that officer a public apology. He treated her with such disrespect when she told him exactly why she approached him. At no time was she disrespectful to him. She told him from the beginning why he was stopped and he took on the power of being loud and obnoxious. Let the male officer approach and there is a handshake and no shouting.

Sexist jerk. Public apology should be demanded by the women of his district and the entire county.

2seaoat

This is too funny.  First, this stop has been characterized by this thread as being about race.  Now, a citizen standing their ground about their fourth amendment rights is sexism because the officer was a woman and the driver a man, however the truth is all the officer had to do was follow training protocols to deescalate a minor traffic stop by  timely telling the driver to stay in their vehicle while they return to their squad to call the supervisor.   This allows the driver to cool off about what they believe is an unlawful stop, and it allows the officer to deescalate a simple traffic stop.  Instead this officer did everything wrong, and after doing everything wrong we have people now casting the officer as this weak frail women who was abused by a male........is anybody engaging their brain.  This citizen owes nobody an apology, and may every citizen have the courage to stand their ground when government uses warrantless seizures of your person go unchallenged.

sets a very poor example of how a citizen should respond to a public
servant.

Yes, a police state cannot be perfected unless lawful citizens become cowardly sheep to be herded like sheep.  Sorry the difference between Barney and Andy could never be more clear and what this does is clearly shows how Barney should NOT treat a citizen.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.
Robert E. Lee

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.
Robert E. Lee

2seaoat

Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.
Robert E. Lee

Pickett may have something to say about manly character........

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:This is too funny.  First, this stop has been characterized by this thread as being about race.  Now, a citizen standing their ground about their fourth amendment rights is sexism because the officer was a woman and the driver a man, however the truth is all the officer had to do was follow training protocols to deescalate a minor traffic stop by  timely telling the driver to stay in their vehicle while they return to their squad to call the supervisor.   This allows the driver to cool off about what they believe is an unlawful stop, and it allows the officer to deescalate a simple traffic stop.  Instead this officer did everything wrong, and after doing everything wrong we have people now casting the officer as this weak frail women who was abused by a male........is anybody engaging their brain.  This citizen owes nobody an apology, and may every citizen have the courage to stand their ground when government uses warrantless seizures of your person go unchallenged.

sets a very poor example of how a citizen should respond to a public
servant.

Yes, a police state cannot be perfected unless lawful citizens become cowardly sheep to be herded like sheep.  Sorry the difference between Barney and Andy could never be more clear and what this does is clearly shows how Barney should NOT treat a citizen.

You've got a screw loose up there,Oatie. Even Mays says he was out of line.

2seaoat

I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.
Robert E. Lee

Stalin and Hitler did a pretty good job controlling others, and they hardly were examples of self restraint.

2seaoat

You've got a screw loose up there,Oatie. Even Mays says he was out of line.

You have said this repeatedly and offered no proof of the same...nothing new here.  It is one thing to assert your citizen rights to an officer, but when a racist mob is coming to lynch you, I think contrition to appease the mob would be human nature which changes little the truth of this traffic stop.  I will await your link and words where the Citizen says he was wrong.

Vikingwoman

It's in the PNJ article from yesterday when his lawyer responds. Seriously though, to think this is an acceptable way to respond to LE and see no fault in Mays behavior gives a lot of insight into your personality. I'll bet you get into a lot of confrontations about your perceptions.

Vikingwoman

The video shows the commissioner yelling at the female officer to call her supervisor after she pulls him over saying his license plate number doesn't match his vehicle. May later said he was out of line.

"Should I have allowed myself to escalate my voice? Absolutely not," May said. "But should I have been detained? Absolutely not. I've got to be more sensitive and, and they've got to be more sensitive as well. If you make a mistake, you admit it and try to move forward to a solution."

May told the officer he did not have his registration or an insurance card when asked for it, and refused to give her his driver's license.

"I'm not giving you anything until you get a superior here," May says in the video.

2seaoat

It's in the PNJ article from yesterday when his lawyer responds. Seriously though, to think this is an acceptable way to respond to LE and see no fault in Mays behavior gives a lot of insight into your personality. I'll bet you get into a lot of confrontations about your perceptions.

I read the article twice trying to find your lie....and it is a lie, but there was not one word of what you have alleged.  Copy and paste the exact words that made you lie again.   I do not have to lie or get strident.  This citizen has been wronged first by the officer, and now the lying lynch mob.

Vikingwoman

I just copied a paragraph from the article. Go to the PNJ and read it for yourself. You're losing it.

2seaoat

"Should I have allowed myself to escalate my voice? Absolutely not," May said. "But should I have been detained? Absolutely not. I've got to be more sensitive and, and they've got to be more sensitive as well. If you make a mistake, you admit it and try to move forward to a solution."

He never said he was wrong.....never.   He said he should not have escalated his voice which is NOT an admission that he did something wrong.  A total and complete LIE....he clearly said he should not have been detained, and the officer was wrong.   I personally think he acted with restraint with this bad traffic stop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum