Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two girls hit while walking on Mobile Highway near New Warrington Road. One dead.

+7
PBulldog2
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
Slicef18
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Nekochan wrote:Well, we have on this forum people who regularly call other forum members racist, with no basis for saying that, and we also have the 'blame the police' first people. And oftentimes, they are the same people.

Thank-you!....Some of the posters here were immediately blaming the deputy and law enforcement in general BEFORE allowing the facts to be brought out...There were some that posted 'rumors' about texting...speeding...racism...officers almost hitting their vehicles because of distractions like the pc etc.,...Now where are all the 'I was wrong statements'?....As with so many things it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction and then when proven wrong move on to the next topic...As most clear thinking here immediately recognized that this was a tragedy and were patient to allow an investigation instead of going to the anti-law enforcement rhetoric and rants...the buffoons were once again exposed...

newswatcher wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, we have on this forum people who regularly call other forum members racist, with no basis for saying that, and we also have the 'blame the police' first people. And oftentimes, they are the same people.

Thank-you!....Some of the posters here were immediately blaming the deputy and law enforcement in general BEFORE allowing the facts to be brought out...There were some that posted 'rumors' about texting...speeding...racism...officers almost hitting their vehicles because of distractions like the pc etc.,...Now where are all the 'I was wrong statements'?....As with so many things it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction and then when proven wrong move on to the next topic...As most clear thinking here immediately recognized that this was a tragedy and were patient to allow an investigation instead of going to the anti-law enforcement rhetoric and rants...the buffoons were once again exposed...

I am the one that posted the rumor about texting. I was just passing along what someone else had told me. You, however conveniently left out the last sentence of my post to which I stated that I was going to withhold my judgement until after the investigation. At the time that I posted that, I was not blaming anyone as the post clearly indicates.

2seaoat

I think there is nothing racist if a person honestly posts his real world observations. If I try to drive, and consistently black school kids are walking in the middle of the street, and I see this 10 to 1 over seeing white kids walking in the street after school, and I post what I have seen, that is not racism. That is life experience. However, if I say black people are lawless and they disobey the law because I extrapolate those facts into a generalization.....that may be racism. If I make one generalization, or misspoke.....that does not make me a racist. However, If I develop a pattern and consistently jump to a conclusion without connecting the dots.....well yes that racism is alive and well.

I did not post on this thread other than giving my prayers to the family and the officer. I see no honor in making negative comments about somebody who has recently lost their life. This was an accident. It was a tragedy for all involved. If the officer was your brother, or the victim was your sister......would we be so cruel. I can wait for the investigation before attacking anybody......but I will say that I almost hit a pedestrian who was wearing dark clothing and was not walking on the shoulder but the right side of the roadway..........my heart did not stop pounding for 15 minutes after the incident, but for the grace of god, I could have easily been the driver or the victim.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

I am the one that posted the rumor about texting. I was just passing along what someone else had told me. You, however conveniently left out the last sentence of my post to which I stated that I was going to withhold my judgement until after the investigation. At the time that I posted that, I was not blaming anyone as the post clearly indicates.
Really doesn't matter at this point the rumors were found to be baseless and not factual...but at least give credit for explaining unlike the cowards that are now silent...

newswatcher wrote:
Really doesn't matter at this point the rumors were found to be baseless and not factual...but at least give credit for explaining unlike the cowards that are now silent...

You're right. In hindsight I should never have made that post based solely on something that someone else told me. It was totally irresponsible on my part.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:You're right. In hindsight I should never have made that post based solely on something that someone else told me. It was totally irresponsible on my part.

Well, young man. I HOPE you have learned your lesson!

Don't let it happen again. Razz

Yomama wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:You're right. In hindsight I should never have made that post based solely on something that someone else told me. It was totally irresponsible on my part.

Well, young man. I HOPE you have learned your lesson!

Don't let it happen again. Razz

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Wink

no stress

no stress

Floridatexan wrote:
Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:
Gunz wrote:CH 3 reported tonite that dash cam video clearly showed the two walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning.

"walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning"

How very racist of you to share that.

A dog is a race ? ......fuckin idiot

You're an EMT? God help us.

No nutjob, I'm not an EMT. But I was behind a car at Detroit and Old Palafox last week when a 14 year old minority male walked out in front of her. I pulled over called 911 and rendered aid until the ambulance showed up. A few broken ribs and an abrasion. I would bet a million bucks that you would have kept on driving.

Gunz wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:
Gunz wrote:CH 3 reported tonite that dash cam video clearly showed the two walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning.

"walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning"

How very racist of you to share that.

A dog is a race ? ......fuckin idiot

You're an EMT? God help us.

No nutjob, I'm not an EMT. But I was behind a car at Detroit and Old Palafox last week when a 14 year old minority male walked out in front of her. I pulled over called 911 and rendered aid until the ambulance showed up. A few broken ribs and an abrasion. I would bet a million bucks that you would have kept on driving.

So...the scenerio would have somehow been different if it had been a 'majority' male?...Dumbasses that walk in the middle of the streets and challange vehicles that weigh tons....come in all colors...Example bike riders...skateboarders etc., ..just don't see the need that somehow skin color is important to know or the cause in these situations...

newswatcher wrote:
So...the scenerio would have somehow been different if it had been a 'majority' male?...Dumbasses that walk in the middle of the streets and challange vehicles that weigh tons....come in all colors...Example bike riders...skateboarders etc., ..just don't see the need that somehow skin color is important to know or the cause in these situations...

I am just a dumb country hick from Oklahoma, so please enlighten me how Gunz comparing someone walking in the middle of the street to a couple of dogs in heat is racist. There is absolutely nothing at all racist about that.

Nekochan wrote:It's just a sad story, all the way around.
16 year olds have no business walking the streets (ON the streets) at 4am.
Is there any kind of curfew in Pensacola? Maybe there should be. I think I saw something on this thread about a grandmother trying to raise one of the girls. So many grandparents today are trying to do the job that their grown children should be doing. Grandparents should be able to enjoy being grandparents, not having to be parents in their old age. Except in cases where the parents have died and there is a good reason for the grandparents to raise the grandchildren, grandparents shouldn't have the burden of raising their grandkids.
And the deputy will live with this for the rest of his life.
I don't think there is a curfew. There have been proposals but I don't think anything has ever passed. At one point the state Attorney General ruled that teen curfews were invalid.

I totally agree that 16 year olds should not be on the streets at that time of morning. When I was 16 and I babysat, it was never on a school night and either the parent who hired me or my parents would make sure I got home safely. Even if it was to just walk next door, an adult walked with me.

As for the grandparenting, I had personal experience with one child that this grandmother was raising. The child had several cousins in the school and I never saw a single parent come to open house or parent meetings. It was always the grandmother acting in loco parentis for all of her grandchildren. It was always the grandmother on the children's blue cards. No grandparent should ever be put in that position. If they want to babysit part time as I did, that's one thing. But to be fully responsible for all your grandchildren for so many years, that is too much. Unfortunately, it was something I saw all too often when I worked in the school system. One of my coworkers said she didn't understand what is wrong with all these parents, why are grandparents raising these babies. Ironically, her adult children had left 2 grandchildren for her to raise. She is now raising their children.

I'm glad that Ty was cleared by FHP. I would guess that he also has to be cleared by ECSO and perhaps FDLE before he can return to active duty.

"I'm glad that Ty was cleared by FHP. I would guess that he also has to be cleared by ECSO and perhaps FDLE before he can return to active duty."

Pardon me here but I dont know this deputy but I'll tell you this, I see the majority of LEO's "preoccupied" when driving around here on a daily basis. Talking on cell phones, using the computer while driving. I have to wonder if this deputy had his eyes facing forward watching the road ahead of him or was he distracted. So his vehicle video camera filmed the girls in the roadway but we dont know if the deputy was paying attn. I say he wasn't.

Slicef18

Slicef18

" why are grandparents raising these babies. Ironically, her adult children had left 2 grandchildren for her to raise. She is now raising their children."

When the children of today are grandparents I doubt they will accept the responsibility of raising their grandchildren and they won't know how. That means we will have an entire generation that will be wards of the state.

no stress

no stress

BP wrote:"I'm glad that Ty was cleared by FHP. I would guess that he also has to be cleared by ECSO and perhaps FDLE before he can return to active duty."

Pardon me here but I dont know this deputy but I'll tell you this, I see the majority of LEO's "preoccupied" when driving around here on a daily basis. Talking on cell phones, using the computer while driving. I have to wonder if this deputy had his eyes facing forward watching the road ahead of him or was he distracted. So his vehicle video camera filmed the girls in the roadway but we dont know if the deputy was paying attn. I say he wasn't.

You would make a wonderful juror.......fuckin idiot

BP wrote:"I'm glad that Ty was cleared by FHP. I would guess that he also has to be cleared by ECSO and perhaps FDLE before he can return to active duty."

This is the kind of moronic posts that come out of the woodwork or from under rocks...so no matter what the camera PROVES 'BumP' knows better tan the evidence...

Nekochan

Nekochan

At my age (and I'm not THAT old) I cannot imagine doing it all over again...raising kids. I applaud the grandparents out there who are doing it. If I were in that position, I would do my best. And you never know what life is going to throw at you. I have even known of great grandparents trying to raise their great grandchildren. It's too bad they can't just be grandparents and great-grandparents. Like Birdy said--it's great to be able to help out, but not to be responsible for raising them.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Birdy, you have a pm.
Boards, I must say that I don't like the PM system on this forum. I know there's probably nothing you can do about it, but I'm just curious if others are having the same problem that I am? It's difficult for me to tell if my message was actually sent and the inbox/outbox/sentbox is confusing to me.
But maybe it's just me....

Nekochan wrote:Birdy, you have a pm.
Boards, I must say that I don't like the PM system on this forum. I know there's probably nothing you can do about it, but I'm just curious if others are having the same problem that I am? It's difficult for me to tell if my message was actually sent and the inbox/outbox/sentbox is confusing to me.
But maybe it's just me....

Neko from the other forum, that is the way the software is set up. Really cannot be changed. I would be willing to bet that before I figured it out, I sent the same PM to the same person 3 or 4 times.

Just an imperfection in the software.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Thanks, Ghost. I just was wondering if I'm the only one. I figured that Boards probably can't do anything about it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I challenge everyone to get in your car at night, drive 35 mph with your headlights on, and tell me that you would not be able to see pedestrians in the road in front of you or be able to stop in time without hitting them. This is the story we are being sold here.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Are you willing to put on dark clothing and walk in the middle of the road for this test?

boards of FL wrote:I challenge everyone to get in your car at night, drive 35 mph with your headlights on, and tell me that you would not be able to see pedestrians in the road in front of you or be able to stop in time without hitting them. This is the story we are being sold here.
That's what I'm talkin about..
I dodge them all the time..
And I frequent that area too..
The damage to the Tahoe looks kinda bad for hitting a girl at 35MPH too..

Nekochan

Nekochan

You dodge people walking in the middle of the street in the pitch dark all the time?
This is that big of a problem in Pensacola?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

They were walking with their backs to oncoming traffic, dark skin, and dark clothes at night. What was there to see?
And I still want to know why they weren't in bed at 4 AM on a school night.
Babysitting is a nice way to make a few bucks for a teenager but not all night long on a school night.

ghandi wrote:They were walking with their backs to oncoming traffic, dark skin, and dark clothes at night. What was there to see?
And I still want to know why they weren't in bed at 4 AM on a school night.
Babysitting is a nice way to make a few bucks for a teenager but not all night long on a school night.

Lets dress you in dark clothing & let you walk in the road and lets see if driver "Dreams" can see you are not.

Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum