Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two girls hit while walking on Mobile Highway near New Warrington Road. One dead.

+7
PBulldog2
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
Slicef18
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

PBulldog2 wrote:
The deputy, Ty Brewer, is a man we frequently deal with at work. He's one of the good guys.

This whole story is so sad.

I'm in the unique position of knowing both Ty Brewer and Mrs. Edna Howard, the girl's grandmother. I know Ty to be a good person and a good deputy.

Poor Mrs. Howard has been helping to raise her grandchildren since I met her in the 1990's. When one of the children got sick at school, she was the person to contact. When there was a parent/teacher meeting, she was the person who attended. She's a good lady who does her best. With this child, her best evidently wasn't good enough. Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you can't make lemonade.

Grandmother Edna Howard, on the teen’s mother’s side, said she had not seen her granddaughter since Saturday morning.

On Thursday, Howard said, Aaliyah did not return home from Escambia High School. Aaliyah’s mother, Yolanda, found her on New Mexico Drive the next day and brought her back home.

On Saturday morning, Howard said she discovered that Aaliyah had taken off once again.

Howard said family members had sought to get help for the troubled teen. She had been staying with Howard since May of this year.

“We were going to try to put her in a group home,” Howard said, closing her eyes with a sigh. “I don’t know why she chose to live that kind of life.”

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120911/NEWS01/309110017/1-teen-killed-1-injured-deputy-hits-pedestrians?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Slicef18

Slicef18

We've read that the girl had just finished baby sitting. But no mention of who or where she was babysitting for. Hmmmmm

Slicef18 wrote:We've read that the girl had just finished baby sitting. But no mention of who or where she was babysitting for. Hmmmmm

AND the the only surviving witness says they were NOT walking on the road & did not see the Deputy's car headlights. If the girls weren't in the road way, then that means the deputy was driving reckless.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_25091.shtml

The family was obviously heartbroken. They say they want answers to the incident. The survivor, Louise Johnson, says they were walking in the median when they were both hit.

FHP says they were walking in the road with their backs to on-coming traffic. Louise says they definitely were on the grass in the median.

"They are acting like we were just in the middle of the road, playing, asking to get hit, with a sign saying please hit me," Johnson said. "I was on this side on the grass, she wasn't on the road. The grass wet, if I was in the road why was my feet wet."

She says they were on their way back from babysitting and were joking about what to eat when they got home. She says they never saw the deputy coming.

"Why didn't we see his lights, we should have seen his lights, like we saw anybody else lights," Johnson said.

no stress

no stress

CH 3 reported tonite that dash cam video clearly showed the two walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning.

Gunz wrote:CH 3 reported tonite that dash cam video clearly showed the two walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning.

"walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning"

How very racist of you to share that.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

BP wrote:
Gunz wrote:CH 3 reported tonite that dash cam video clearly showed the two walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning.

"walking down the middle of the road like a couple of dogs in heat at 4 in the morning"

agree, his color commentary sucks.

no stress

no stress

BP wrote:

A dog is a race ? ......fuckin idiot

Morgan was just on the news and said it was illegal to release the video when there was a death investigation.

Dreamsglore wrote:Morgan was just on the news and said it was illegal to release the video when there was a death investigation.

It is not illegal to discuss the video, which is what Morgan did. There will be bits and pieces of the story released over time. I believe we will eventually learn that the deputy was responding to a call when the accident occurred.

Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:

Yeah boy, let me see your ass walkin in the road. I'll run u over and then back up over your ass just to make sure you aint moving.

What I don't understand is... why weren't the girls walking on the sidewalk? There are sidewalks in the area. That just doesn't make sense.

no stress

no stress

BP wrote:
Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:

Yeah boy, let me see your ass walkin in the road. I'll run u over and then back up over your ass just to make sure you aint moving.

Fuckin Idiot

Slicef18

Slicef18

BP wrote:

I saw no mention of race, color, country of origin or anything that would indicate an individuals ancestral heritage. Where do you see race in the postings. Are you one of those individuals that raise the "racist flag" at everything you don't like?

BirdyBack wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Morgan was just on the news and said it was illegal to release the video when there was a death investigation.

It is not illegal to discuss the video, which is what Morgan did. There will be bits and pieces of the story released over time. I believe we will eventually learn that the deputy was responding to a call when the accident occurred.
Were blues and sirens being used or was it just speed?

PNJ is reporting that the deputy was "cleared" in the crash.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Camera shows that girls were in the road, not the median:
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_25107.shtml

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/DP/20120913/NEWS01/309130016/Escambia-County-deputy-cleared-in-crash-that-kills-teen-girl-at-Warrington-overpass?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

The Florida Highway Patrol has cleared an Escambia County sheriff’s deputy of wrongdoing in a crash that killed a teenager early Monday and injured another.

Aaliyah S. Howard was pronounced dead after a sheriff’s SUV struck her and Louise Johnson while they were walking on Mobile Highway at 4:31 a.m. The SUV’s driver, Deputy Ty Brewton, did not see the two teens in the roadway under the New Warrington Road overpass.

According to a crash report, Brewton, a 41-year-old deputy who has been with the Sheriff’s Office since 2006, was driving the 35 mph speed limit when he struck Howard with the left front side of the SUV. Howard was sent flying for several feet and landed in the highway’s median, while Johnson was hit by the driver’s side mirror.

The teenagers were walking side by side westbound in the inside westbound lane with their backs to approaching traffic, the report said.

As Brewton approached the walking teens, he “was not able to recognize the pedestrians in the roadway in sufficient time to take evasive action,” the crash report said.

The report says Brewton was wearing his seat belt when the crash happened. His vision was not obscured and he was not distracted while he was driving, the report says.

In a statement released Wednesday, Sheriff David Morgan said the Highway Patrol’s findings “match those found in the Sheriff’s Office initial review, (and) conclude that the two girls were walking in the ... travel lane of Mobile Highway.

“This fact was determined through the evidence at the scene to include the in-car camera in Brewton’s patrol vehicle,” Morgan’s statement says, adding that Brewton’s headlights were on.

A homicide report will be completed within 90 days, Highway Patrol Lt. Kenneth Salter said in an email.

While preliminary investigations have cleared Brewton, he is still on paid administrative leave and has not been cleared to return to work

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

So the girl who said they were walking in the grass is a liar.
Someones baby mama didn't teach her child not to lie.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's just a sad story, all the way around.
16 year olds have no business walking the streets (ON the streets) at 4am.
Is there any kind of curfew in Pensacola? Maybe there should be. I think I saw something on this thread about a grandmother trying to raise one of the girls. So many grandparents today are trying to do the job that their grown children should be doing. Grandparents should be able to enjoy being grandparents, not having to be parents in their old age. Except in cases where the parents have died and there is a good reason for the grandparents to raise the grandchildren, grandparents shouldn't have the burden of raising their grandkids.
And the deputy will live with this for the rest of his life.

Slicef18 wrote:
BP wrote:

I saw no mention of race, color, country of origin or anything that would indicate an individuals ancestral heritage. Where do you see race in the postings. Are you one of those individuals that raise the "racist flag" at everything you don't like?

Everybody knows that Gunz is a racist sob. Now you know too.

Lurch wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:

Were blues and sirens being used or was it just speed?

Lurch, lights and sirens does not indicate that the deputy may not have been responding to a call. He could have been responding to a call that did not warrant 10-18, but the priority was high enough to get there ASAP.

ghandi wrote:So the girl who said they were walking in the grass is a liar.
Someones baby mama didn't teach her child not to lie.

I have not watched the video, but if it shows the girls walking in the street and not in the median, then I would say that she is lying. That is normally called CYA.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:

You're an EMT? God help us.

Slicef18 wrote:
BP wrote:

I with you on this one Slice. Some people just want to play the race card regardless and it surely isn't Gunz that did it in this case.

Yella

Yella

Walking in the middle of a road is a black thing and if you think I am being racist go for a drive in the black community right after school lets out in the afternoon and see for yourself.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, we have on this forum people who regularly call other forum members racist, with no basis for saying that, and we also have the 'blame the police' first people. And oftentimes, they are the same people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum