Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two girls hit while walking on Mobile Highway near New Warrington Road. One dead.

+7
PBulldog2
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
Slicef18
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

boards of FL wrote:I challenge everyone to get in your car at night, drive 35 mph with your headlights on, and tell me that you would not be able to see pedestrians in the road in front of you or be able to stop in time without hitting them. This is the story we are being sold here.

Let me sell you another one, then.

Driving east at 0730 in North Hill at about 20 MPH...the sun full in your face.....and three young ladies walking to school in the middle of the rather narrow road instead of walking on the obvious sidewalks.

It was a bad combination, and it nearly resulted in one of the young ladies being hit. I should know. I was the driver.

I don't know what's going on with all this walking in the road nonsense, but I fear Yella may be on to something.

PBulldog2 wrote:I don't know what's going on with all this walking in the road nonsense, but I fear Yella may be on to something.

Much as I hate to sound prejudiced, I agree. They walk in the street with an "attitude".

no stress

no stress

BP wrote:"You don't know jack shit about what was going on in that SUV, but you are mighty quick to criticize the deputy and LEOs in general. I find that typical among people who get a lot of tickets or who have a criminal history."

Ouch! I'm mortally wounded by your stabbing. Call me a ambulance please.

I can only verify that I "see" lots of LEO's driving reckless daily. I suppose you think PPD Ard didn't run over the teenager on his bike either.

You are equating the child hit the other night by the deputy with officer Ard hitting and running over a fleeing suspect? Fuckin idiot!! Jeeez

Gunz wrote:
BP wrote:"You don't know jack shit about what was going on in that SUV, but you are mighty quick to criticize the deputy and LEOs in general. I find that typical among people who get a lot of tickets or who have a criminal history."

Ouch! I'm mortally wounded by your stabbing. Call me a ambulance please.

I can only verify that I "see" lots of LEO's driving reckless daily. I suppose you think PPD Ard didn't run over the teenager on his bike either.

You are equating the child hit the other night by the deputy with officer Ard hitting and running over a fleeing suspect? Fuckin idiot!! Jeeez

Uh, they do drive recklessly,Gunz. I see that all the time too. One SRC Deputy ran me off the road a couple of years ago answering a call and driving head on in my lane.I had to pull over on the side of the road cuase he wasn't stopping.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Uh, they do drive recklessly,Gunz. I see that all the time too. One SRC Deputy ran me off the road a couple of years ago answering a call and driving head on in my lane.I had to pull over on the side of the road cuase he wasn't stopping.

Dreams if he was responding to a call, then it is your obligation to move out of his way, and yes that even applies to opposing lanes of traffic.

no stress

no stress

I had to pull over on the side of the road cuase he wasn't stopping. Dreams

God forbid you have to pull over for an emergency vehical. Jeeez

Gunz wrote:I had to pull over on the side of the road cuase he wasn't stopping. Dreams

He came down the opposite lane head on.That is dangerous and illegal. I don't give a shit if he was answering a call or not. It was wrong for him to do that and run people off the road.That is not taught in the academy.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:I had to pull over on the side of the road cuase he wasn't stopping. Dreams

He came down the opposite lane head on.That is dangerous and illegal. I don't give a shit if he was answering a call or not. It was wrong for him to do that and run people off the road.That is not taught in the academy.

It is not illegal, you see this quite often from all types of emergency vehicles. If their direction of travel lanes are blocked for any reason whatsoever, they will and do use the opposing lanes of traffic to get by and it is your responsibility to clear the way for them.

no stress

no stress

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

It is not illegal, you see this quite often from all types of emergency vehicles. If their direction of travel lanes are blocked for any reason whatsoever, they will and do use the opposing lanes of traffic to get by and it is your responsibility to clear the way for them.

Ding Ding Ding !! We have a winner! cheers cheers cheers

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

That's not true,Ghost. You cannot endanger citizens when responding to an emergency call.Clearly driving down a lane head on against traffic is endangering. I have called on an ambulance when they did that on Davis Hwy. Police and ambulances are told not to do that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The lighting, the clothing, the movement and direction of the pedestrians in relation to the direction the vehicle is traveling, the speed, the time to react after seeing figures in the road...all of these things play a factor. I would never think that I would always be able to stop in time at 35 mph, even while totally paying attention to the road.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

This person will never walk in the road at night again.
If she was raised better, she would be alive today.
My parents taught me never to walk in the middle of the road and I wasn't aloud out a 4AM at 16 years old. Bad upbringing killed this girl. Not the sheriff.

ghandi wrote:This person will never walk in the road at night again.
My parents taught me never to walk in the middle of the road and I wasn't aloud out a 4AM at 16 years old. Bad upbringing killed this girl. Not the sheriff.

They were NOT walking in the "middle" of the road. Stop spreading that lie please.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

BP wrote:

They were NOT walking in the "middle" of the road. Stop spreading that lie please.

I never said they walked in the middle of the road. Your dumbass assumed it. I said I was taught no to. Comprehend much?

BP wrote:

What do you want from someone who spells allowed "aloud"? He's doing the best he can.LOL!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
BP wrote:

What do you want from someone who spells allowed "aloud"? He's doing the best he can.LOL!
Almost as bad as you and your/you're? Dummy. What does pkr stand for?
What a retard.

ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
BP wrote:

Almost as bad as you and your/you're? Dummy. What does pkr stand for?
What a retard.

Not quite- high school dropout.

Yella

Yella

I wonder how many of the rest of us were not aloud out?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:

I wonder how many of the rest of us were not aloud out?

ROFL!

BP wrote:

So now you want to play semantics with the word "middle". Ok, I'll bite, they were not walking in the "middle" of the road, they were walking in a westbound lane of traffic.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The deputy would have to have been driving "in the middle of the road" to have missed them.

Dreamsglore wrote:
That's not true,Ghost. You cannot endanger citizens when responding to an emergency call.Clearly driving down a lane head on against traffic is endangering. I have called on an ambulance when they did that on Davis Hwy. Police and ambulances are told not to do that.

Well the Florida Statute is ambiguous at best. Chapter 316 says in part,

Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle, while en route to meet an existing emergency, the driver of every other vehicle shall, when such emergency vehicle is giving audible signals by siren, exhaust whistle, or other adequate device, or visible signals by the use of displayed blue or red lights, yield the right-of-way to the emergency vehicle and shall immediately proceed to a position parallel to, and as close as reasonable to the closest edge of the curb of the roadway, clear of any intersection and shall stop and remain in position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, unless otherwise directed by any law enforcement officer.

That actually can be construed as all directions of traffic. I agree the driver of the emergency vehicle must be safety conscious but he also has a job to do that may just be a life saver for you or I. I don't know about you, but I would want him/her to get to my location ASAP.

no stress

no stress

That's not true,Ghost. You cannot endanger citizens when responding to an emergency call.Clearly driving down a lane head on against traffic is endangering. I have called on an ambulance when they did that on Davis Hwy. Police and ambulances are told not to do that. -Dreams-

Thats a load of BS! Escambia EMS and Fire, City Fire, Escambia SO and City PD routinely must safely and with lights and siren drive against traffic to get to a call. At rush hour and pretty much anytime in December traffic is so bad that responding in the oncoming traffic is a must unless you want to sit in traffic. None of the agencies listed above have any SOPs or GOGLs advising against this practice. Now I dont know what they teach at "the academy" but most paid drivers continue their education and attend an EVOC course (Emergency Vehical Operations Course) as I did, and are taught in that class that it is perfectly acceptable to drive against the flow of traffic when there is no other safer route to follow.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Well the Florida Statute is ambiguous at best. Chapter 316 says in part,

Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle, while en route to meet an existing emergency, the driver of every other vehicle shall, when such emergency vehicle is giving audible signals by siren, exhaust whistle, or other adequate device, or visible signals by the use of displayed blue or red lights, yield the right-of-way to the emergency vehicle and shall immediately proceed to a position parallel to, and as close as reasonable to the closest edge of the curb of the roadway, clear of any intersection and shall stop and remain in position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, unless otherwise directed by any law enforcement officer.

That actually can be construed as all directions of traffic. I agree the driver of the emergency vehicle must be safety conscious but he also has a job to do that may just be a life saver for you or I. I don't know about you, but I would want him/her to get to my location ASAP.

We're not talking about yielding the right of way. That's a given.We're talking about driving recklessly and endangering citizens. You cannot risk citizens lives even in an emergency. Too many accidents have happened when people do this resulting in a total loss for all lives. The incident that happened on Davis Hwy. one morning was pure stupidity. The ambulance driver went over the median and was going against all three lanes of traffic head on. Cars approaching had no where to go and were hit suddenly w/ an ambulance coming at them at morning rush hour.Cars were swerving and some people just stopped totally probably in a panic.It was totally irresponsible of the ambulance driver. My ex-husband was an EMT and they are told not to do that as are LEO's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum