Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson.

+8
Markle
gatorfan
Hospital Bob
Vikingwoman
Sal
boards of FL
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-u3OMW6vjkrTWIE9y4dy9W5W0d94T9m8kYYRuhZPEyO03IrYYwA

So an anti-gun progressive liberal state senator decided she needed to go packing a 9mm... while possibly intoxicated... to demonstrate at a 'peaceful protest' in Ferguson, MO. Imagine that!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Who knew!

Telstar

Telstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b39ALX4neIk

2seaoat

Let me see if I got this right. A State Senator was at a protest. She had a concealed carry permit and a loaded gun in her purse. When she was arrested the gun was discovered. An officer believed the Senator had been drinking, so he asked her to take a breathalyzer.

1. She had every right to be at the protest.

2. She had every right to have her permitted gun.

3. She had every right to have consumed alcohol, and she had no duty to take any breathalyzer. Her refusal is exactly the correct answer for any person who is not driving a vehicle when asked by an officer to do the same.

SO EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.

2seaoat

You fail to acknowledge there are more than a few blacks who testified at the grand jury as to the officers account.

I see. You have their names and their statements. You also seem to put particular emphasis on the race of the witness which you also claim you know. Would the source of that third hand information be the St. Louis Chronicle Article which O'donnel show discovered that the defense attorney was the source dictating the facts to the media. So yes, I fail to acknowledge the testimony of a secret grand jury, or any intentional leaks creating innuendo from the same, but defer to your precise grasp of legal concepts which says an officer can shoot and kill a fleeing felon..........duh and double duh, and that somebody said, that somebody said, something, and that I fail to acknowledge that somebody said, that somebody said, something.

2seaoat

If an officer pulls his gun and you grab it, I think you can safely assume the gun would be used on you. That would be an attempt to murder the officer and running away as a fleeing felon would under the law justify shooting someone.

So my discussions of concepts do not matter when you make the above statement. Attempted murder has a definition and many concepts which define the same. You were wrong on this concept. Next, you said that shooting someone is justified if that person is a fleeing felon. You were wrong on this concept. I tried to give you guidance and the Supreme Court decision which qualifies the use of lethal force on a fleeing felon despite the Mo. statutes, and you simply failed to grasp the same. However, you are correct. We have been here before.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Let me see if I got this right.  A State Senator was at a protest.  She had a concealed carry permit and a loaded gun in her purse.  When she was arrested the gun was discovered.   An officer believed the Senator had been drinking, so he asked her to take a breathalyzer.

1.   She had every right to be at the protest.

2.   She had every right to have her permitted gun.

3.   She had every right to have consumed alcohol, and she had no duty to take any breathalyzer.  Her refusal is exactly the correct answer for any person who is not driving a vehicle when asked by an officer to do the same.

Perfect wingnut logic.

"If you own a car, you can't possibly be for speed limits!! Hypocrite!!!"

Sheesh.

Vikingwoman

Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[2]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.
—Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[3]

You didn't post the whole law,Seaoat.

2seaoat

You didn't post the whole law,Seaoat.

Your use of the concept of the "whole law" is exactly one of the deficiencies I am forced to point to ad nausea. First, you are correct that I did not post the entire Supreme Court decision. Now when the Supreme Court rules, it addresses many issues and many tenets can be garnered, but the whole law is not every word of a decision, or dissent. You seem to think that I have excluded something from a Supreme Court case which you certainly had no knowledge or understanding. You also think that the addition of the White dicta changes a thing on what I have posted. It does not. The Supreme Court standard remains the same as I have outlined. In order for this officer to have his lethal shooting justified he must reasonably have believed that he or the public was at risk of serious physical harm.

The standard is not:
If an officer pulls his gun and you grab it, I think you can safely assume the gun would be used on you. That would be an attempt to murder the officer and running away as a fleeing felon would under the law justify shooting someone.

I hope you are learning. However, your misconceptions are numerous and disconnected. When I attempt to give you guidance you get angry. I would think by now you would figure some things out......hopefully you understand that your standard as written by you was wrong. It has been corrected.

2seaoat wrote:Let me see if I got this right.  A State Senator was at a protest.  She had a concealed carry permit and a loaded gun in her purse.  When she was arrested the gun was discovered.   An officer believed the Senator had been drinking, so he asked her to take a breathalyzer.

3.   She had every right to have consumed alcohol, and she had no duty to take any breathalyzer.  Her refusal is exactly the correct answer for any person who is not driving a vehicle when asked by an officer to do the same.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608017642594109497&pid=15

I see... So now it's OK for a scardy cat with a gun, who's an anti-gun progressive by the way, to be at a 'peaceful protest' and possibly intoxicated which means said person would be even more dangerous to the public in general.

I just love liberal logic... You can do anything you want so long as those you oppose can't.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Laughing

2seaoat

possibly intoxicated which means said person would be even more dangerous to the public in general.

All innuendo. Please report back when she has been criminally charged for being intoxicated. It will not happen. An adult woman walking in a protest who has been drinking is NOT a crime. You would have to understand how difficult the state's case is to prove intoxication. I am curious....can you show me the BAC level for walking where one has broken the law? You cannot. She has a 1 in a thousand chance of a conviction on intoxication, and with a simple jury demand the state could retry it a 100 times and not get a conviction.

Yep, she was a scardy cat.....but I am pretty chauvinist still.......I just do not understand how a grown man has to be that scared to carry a gun. If someone has threatened him, I understand. However the average male in America who scared enough to need a gun to walk in public.....get a dress.

2seaoat wrote:possibly intoxicated which means said person would be even more dangerous to the public in general.

All innuendo.  Please report back when she has been criminally charged for being intoxicated.   It will not happen.  An adult woman walking in a protest who has been drinking is NOT a crime.  You would have to understand how difficult the state's case is to prove intoxication.   I am curious....can you show me the BAC level for walking where one has broken the law?  You cannot.  She has a 1 in a thousand chance of a conviction on intoxication, and with a simple jury demand the state could retry it a 100 times and not get a conviction.

Yep, she was a scardy cat.....but I am pretty chauvinist still.......I just do not understand how a grown man has to be that scared to carry a gun.  If someone has threatened him, I understand.   However the average male in America who scared enough to need a gun to walk in public.....get a dress.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.607987006587931709&pid=15

I find your hypocrisy in this case amusing... Who was she scared of the police or the black community that she was 'peacefully protesting' with?

I carry a firearm because of scaredy cat females like you who only attack others in packs or with a weapon of their own.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Markle

Markle

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608017642594109497&pid=15

I see... So now it's OK for a scardy cat with a gun, who's an anti-gun progressive by the way, to be at a 'peaceful protest' and possibly intoxicated which means said person would be even more dangerous to the public in general.

I just love liberal logic... You can do anything you want so long as those you oppose can't.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing  

So true! She has proposed numerous gun laws which would restrict innocent members of the public from possessing guns and even restricting the ammunition we can buy. Mean time she had extra clips for her semi-automatic weapon and was drunk. The massive hypocrisy of Progressives is simply appalling.

2seaoat

I carry a firearm because of scaredy cat females like you who only attack others in packs or with a weapon of their own.

I carry no gun. I am a big boy who has had the snot kicked out me many times, and I have done my own kicking, but for the life of me I cannot imagine being scared enough to carry a gun. I have been attacked by three individuals and was bloodied as they were and would no more consider carrying a gun.....chit happens. I have broken multiple bones in athletic competition and been bloodied repeatedly, and I never once thought about bringing a gun to a football game.......Seaoat turns the corner and has open field but for the safety.....oh seaoat shoots the safety.......touchdown. I am pretty comfortable dealing with known risks than shivering under the glow of a nightlight. Life is tough enough without going through it scared.

2seaoat

and was drunk. The massive hypocrisy of Progressives is simply appalling.

Please let me know first when she is charged for being drunk as you say, and second when she is convicted. Until then the only hypocrisy I see is that you tried to make a peaceful protester into something she was not. I own multiple guns and have shot competitively as a young man, yet I support biometric trigger locks, background checks, and registrations. Nothing hypocritical about the same. Please give me an example of her legislation which she supported which makes her a hypocrite for being a concealed carry permit holder.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

So true!  She has proposed numerous gun laws which would restrict innocent members of the public from possessing guns and even restricting the ammunition we can buy.  Mean time she had extra clips for her semi-automatic weapon and was drunk.  The massive hypocrisy of Progressives is simply appalling.  

Yes, she supported legislation that would require gun owners to report any stolen firearm within 72 hours and another bill that would hold parents responsible if they fail to keep their guns out of the hands of their children and said children use said guns to commit crimes.

And, this woman has the audacity to conceal carry!

Your death merchant masters at the NRA thank you for your stupidity.

2seaoat wrote:I carry a firearm because of scaredy cat females like you who only attack others in packs or with a weapon of their own.

I carry no gun.   I am a big boy who has had the snot kicked out me many times, and I have done my own kicking, but for the life of me I cannot imagine being scared enough to carry a gun.  I have been attacked by three individuals and was bloodied as they were and would no more consider carrying a gun.....chit happens.  I have broken multiple bones in athletic competition and been bloodied repeatedly, and I never once thought about bringing a gun to a football game.......Seaoat turns the corner and has open field but for the safety.....oh seaoat shoots the safety.......touchdown.   I am pretty comfortable dealing with known risks than shivering under the glow of a nightlight.   Life is tough enough without going through it scared.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608053076075415987&pid=15

Yeah you're a tough guy and that's why you use an anonymous when posting here as you call others names and other abuses. Now are you going to attempt to threaten me by attempting to post personal information about me because you're such a tough guy?

Why not just admit that your progressive liberal anti-gun girl with the 9mm is a hypocrite looking for an excuse to shoot a white person, especially if she can bag a white police officer, and put a notch in her handle for the black cause even though she held a high position in the system she hates.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

Smile

2seaoat

Yeah you're a tough guy and that's why you use an anonymous when posting here as you call others names and other abuses. That takes a lot of courage.

Nope....no longer a tough guy. Just a sick old man. However, out of all my friends with some being the real deal tough guys, we only know one person who has a conceal and carry. He got it after he had open heart surgery and had a stint put in.......he no longer felt secure physically. I understand the weak, old and affirmed seeking security in a gun, I simply do not get the fear which would drive a normal male to get a conceal and carry. What scares a person enough to seek that additional assurance? Sensitive fellow......I will give you the kid glove treatment from now on.

2seaoat wrote:Yeah you're a tough guy and that's why you use an anonymous when posting here as you call others names and other abuses. That takes a lot of courage.

Nope....no longer a tough guy.  Just a sick old man.  However, out of all my friends with some being the real deal tough guys, we only know one person who has a conceal and carry.  He got it after he had open heart surgery and had a stint put in.......he no longer felt secure physically.  I understand the weak, old and affirmed seeking security in a gun, I simply do not get the fear which would drive a normal male to get a conceal and carry.  What scares a person enough to seek that additional assurance?   Sensitive fellow......I will give you the kid glove treatment from now on.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608011788555519876&pid=15

You've got that turned around. You're the sensitive one when it comes to discussing an issue. You always run away from the discussion and/or refuse to answer the questions.

Was you're scaredy cat progressive liberal anti-gun female to chicken to accomplish what she set out to do when she went white people hunting or didn't she get around to picking up her white people hunting permit from the New Black Panthers prior to being arrested?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

2seaoat

You've got that turned around. You're the sensitive one when it comes to discussing an issue. You always run away from the discussion and/or refuse to answer the questions.

Was you're scaredy cat progressive liberal anti-gun female to chicken to accomplish what she set out to do when she went white people hunting or did she forget to pick up her white people hunting permit from the New Black Panthers?

By golly I tried to have a logical discussion with you, but when you talk about white people hunting sitting in the middle of Iowa, I can understand why Hallmark thought you had a screw loose. Do you ever notice people do not converse with you. I always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but really what you just posted is pretty incoherent.

2seaoat wrote:You've got that turned around. You're the sensitive one when it comes to discussing an issue. You always run away from the discussion and/or refuse to answer the questions.

Was you're scaredy cat progressive liberal anti-gun female to chicken to accomplish what she set out to do when she went white people hunting or did she forget to pick up her white people hunting permit from the New Black Panthers?

By golly I tried to have a logical discussion with you, but when you talk about white people hunting sitting in the middle of Iowa, I can understand why Hallmark thought you had a screw loose.   Do you ever notice people do not converse with you.  I always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but really what you just posted is pretty incoherent.  

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608029694275489059&pid=15

I figure it only fair play since you consider everyone who's white a racist but anyone who isn't white can't be racist.

So why not answer the original question I posed instead. What did the progressive liberal anti-gun female feel she needed a firearm for while participating in a 'peaceful protest'?

Hallmark got pissed off over my question of... 'If his daughter opposed his wishes?'... At which time he became nothing more than a abusive troll to me just as your suggestions that everyone here is a racist makes you nothing more than a troll about race relations...... As for the people who refuse to talk to me or have me on ignore... They're all supposedly enlightened progressive liberals who don't like being questioned about their spoon feed philosophy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

2seaoat

Hallmark an abusive troll......I am certainly not on his Christmas list, but he was never an abusive troll. I actually enjoy conversing with you when you have both oars in the water......it is just sometimes you give off signals that you cannot quite get that oar in the water. I once had a street person come into the office and start ranting at a receptionist about snakes. I invited him into my office and began speaking with him.......about 10 sentences into the conversation I realized he was mentally ill and rather than agitating him by telling him there were no snakes in his house, I gave credence to his concerns and told him he was doing a great public service to get rid of the snakes.....but that snakes travel and the entire city could be in trouble.....he lowered his voice and became less agitated....he listened instead of talking. I explained it was his highest civic duty to take care of the snakes, and the mayor must know about this immediately. I gave him directions to city hall and the office number for the mayor. He left my office with a mission, content in his sanity, and certain he was going to save the city. I left the conversation happy as a pig in chit that the SOB mayor was now going to waste an hour trying to convince this guy that he could not save the city..........so sometimes when we are having a conversation and you start to talk about snakes......well.

2seaoat wrote:Hallmark an abusive troll......I am certainly not on his Christmas list, but he was never an abusive troll.  I actually enjoy conversing with you when you have both oars in the water......it is just sometimes you give off signals that you cannot quite get that oar in the water.   I once had a street person come into the office and start ranting at a receptionist about snakes.  I invited him into my office and began speaking with him.......about 10 sentences into the conversation I realized he was mentally ill and rather than agitating him by telling him there were no snakes in his house, I gave credence to his concerns and told him he was doing a great public service to get rid of the snakes.....but that snakes travel and the entire city could be in trouble.....he lowered his voice and became less agitated....he listened instead of talking.  I explained it was his highest civic duty to take care of the snakes, and the mayor must know about this immediately.  I gave him directions to city hall and the office number for the mayor.   He left my office with a mission, content in his sanity, and certain he was going to save the city.   I left the conversation happy as a pig in chit that the SOB mayor  was now going to waste an hour trying to convince this guy that he could not save the city..........so sometimes when we are having a conversation and you start to talk about snakes......well.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608053076075415987&pid=15

I find it more likely that you're afraid that I might be right about her intentions of bagging herself a white police officer and don't want other people to suggest that that might have been her intent also... To late. I wonder how long she's going to be able to hold her current office now.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/24/2014, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:You didn't post the whole law,Seaoat.

Your use of the concept of the "whole law" is exactly one of the deficiencies I am forced to point to  ad nausea.  First, you are correct that I did not post the entire Supreme Court decision.   Now when the Supreme Court rules, it addresses many issues and many tenets can be garnered, but the whole law is not every word of a decision, or dissent.  You seem to think that I have excluded something from a Supreme Court case which you certainly had no knowledge or understanding.  You also think that the addition of the White dicta changes a thing on what I have posted.  It does not.   The Supreme Court standard remains the same as I have outlined.  In order for this officer to have his lethal shooting justified he must reasonably have believed that he or the public was at risk of serious physical harm.

The standard is not:

I hope you are learning.  However, your misconceptions are numerous and disconnected.  When I attempt to give you guidance you get angry.  I would think by now you would figure some things out......hopefully you understand that your standard as written by you was wrong.  It has been corrected.  

I'm not angry. You're the one who's angry w/ your same old insults of inferior intelligence. I'm kind of amused at your thinking a 6'4 300 lb. guy who struggles w/ a smaller police officer for his gun, gets shot and runs is not justified to use deadly force.Seriously? Are you kidding me? Again it is the police officers perception of danger in the use of deadly force. You don't seem to get that?

Vikingwoman

Damaged Eagle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You've got that turned around. You're the sensitive one when it comes to discussing an issue. You always run away from the discussion and/or refuse to answer the questions.

By golly I tried to have a logical discussion with you, but when you talk about white people hunting sitting in the middle of Iowa, I can understand why Hallmark thought you had a screw loose.   Do you ever notice people do not converse with you.  I always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but really what you just posted is pretty incoherent.  

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608029694275489059&pid=15

I figure it only fair play since you consider everyone who's white a racist but anyone who isn't white can't be racist.

So why not answer the original question I posed instead. What did the progressive liberal anti-gun female feel she needed a firearm for while participating in a 'peaceful protest'?

Hallmark got pissed off over my question of... 'If his daughter opposed his wishes?'... At which time he became nothing more than a abusive troll to me just as your suggestions that everyone here is a racist makes you nothing more than a troll about race relations...... As for the people who refuse to talk to me or have me on ignore... They're all supposedly enlightened progressive liberals who don't like being questioned about their spoon feed philosophy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

No, your way off mark here. Nobody except Chrissy agrees w/ you it's ok to screw your sister. It's not a matter of being questioned. It's just a perverse philosophy you have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum