Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson.

+8
Markle
gatorfan
Hospital Bob
Vikingwoman
Sal
boards of FL
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:You still do not understand the standard.  You have just confirmed the same.  First, you did not even know about the Supreme Court case and the fleeing felon statutes, and now you misstate the standard.   You read and cut and paste but lack the comprehension.  It does not matter a bit what I think.  The law is clear.  You were wrong at the beginning of the thread and remain so.   Nothing new as I said earlier.   You have no education or understanding of legal concepts.   You have practical interactions which you continue to think allows you to create a conceptual paradigm.   You have 1-1000 of the requisite reading to even venture into some of these discussions, but I always give you an A+ for gumption, but you would not last a minute in my class.  The Socratic method is brutal on those who lack comprehension.  I have no tolerance for ignorance couched in arrogance.  My arrogance is time tested,and understandably irritating.  I make no apologies.  Learn to read before opening your mouth about things you do not understand.  I know....I am a prick............but sometimes the truth requires the same.

I didn't misstate any standard. I reposted what you posted about Mo. law.I'll say this again. You have no clue what happened in that car. You have a degree in International Studies and now you're an expert in the law? Give me a break! You don't even have a class for crying out loud!You can't apply your "legal concepts" to a situation you don't know occurred.You presume what you believe happened and you don't even know who's telling the truth.Talk about ignorance?

2seaoat

This kid was 6'4 and 300 lbs and had just gotten in a scuffle w/ the officer, his gun went off and he ran and you want to tell me the officer was not at risk? Are you on crack?

I am not on crack. I simply know the law. You have displayed zero comprehension of the same. Deju Vue

So the threshold for deadly force is the decedent was large, and he had a scuffle with a police officer. The new Viking standard. Not even close.

A simple radio call for backup and arrival of a few officers to apprehend the suspect and Michael would have a shot up thumb, and a criminal charge for resisting.....but he would be alive. It will be interesting how the cover up will attempt to meet the Supreme Court standard.

2seaoat

You have no clue what happened in that car.

Actually I have listened to four witness statements which said the officer grabbed Michael from the car and a scuffle between the officer and Michael began, and two gun shots happened in the car with Michael's thumb being shot at the end of the thumb and the doctor who performed the autopsy stating on O'donnel's show last night that there was NO evidence Michael was grabbing the gun, but only that his hand was in a position in the car to receive a bullet directly at the end of his thumb.

What happen in the car has very little relevance unless the officer saw that Michael was armed, or Michael had taken a weapon. None of that was true. An unarmed man who got in a scuffle with a police officer was shot at multiple times while he was running and wounded. The witnesses said he turned and put his hands up and was fatally shot. The only relevant standard is would a reasonable officer in a similar situation believe his life was at risk or the public was at risk to use deadly force. I think at trial there will be many expert law enforcement officers who will testify to that standard and the training of officers in that situation. I would suggest that the experts will testify that this shooting was a breach of the standard.

You have no idea who I am and what degrees I have......I have given you enough to repeatedly hang yourself.

Sal

Sal

This country has a long and sordid history of seeing young black men as criminals by virtue of them being young black men, and it's very apparent that many have not managed to put that history behind them where it belongs.

What you see in threads like this one are people willing to accept any narrative, regardless of how ridiculous, to fit incidents like these into their world perspective of white people in danger of being attacked by young black males.

"Trayvon Martin was a thug who beat a heroic man over the head with a sidewalk just for innocently stalking and provoking a confrontation."

"Michael Brown was a thug who bull-rushed a heroic man who had already shot him multiple times."

Certainly it is going to take time to rid ourselves of these corrosive public perceptions, but we must demand better from our criminal justice system.

Sal wrote:This country has a long and sordid history of seeing young black men as criminals by virtue of them being young black men, and it's very apparent that many have not managed to put that history behind them where it belongs.

What you see in threads like this one are people willing to accept any narrative, regardless of how ridiculous, to fit incidents like these into their world perspective of white people in danger of being attacked by young black males.

"Trayvon Martin was a thug who beat a heroic man over the head with a sidewalk just for innocently stalking and provoking a confrontation."

"Michael Brown was a thug who bull-rushed a heroic man who had already shot him multiple times."

Certainly it is going to take time to rid ourselves of these corrosive public perceptions, but we must demand better from our criminal justice system.

Yeah, that video showed him being gentle as a kitten as he bullied his way around that convenience store owner.

So sad this young man has been misunderstood. Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Why do you think the cops released that video?

What was their purpose in doing so?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Second autopsy folks say clearly like the State's doctor that there is no evidence that Michael was going for the gun.  Only that his thumb lined up with the barrel of the gun when one of the two shots in the car were fired.  Experts are tearing the St. Louis Dispatch white wash apart.  Downward trajectory on the fatal shots and NO witnesses as to charging.....accept the planted story by defense lawyers in the St. Louis Dispatch.  The Justice Department needs to get all over this mess.  The feds need to get to St. Louis and the Governor needs to appoint a special prosecutor.  Rotten.

Silence continues on the forum regarding Ferguson. - Page 5 Stirthepot-1

Markle

Markle

cool1 wrote:The truth will  come out eventually in court which is where it should take place, And the thugs running around destroying other peoples property over this , They to are Thugs .  
People thought OJ was guilty but you didn't see white people running destroying shit .   People need to grow up , This morning there was another shooting don't know what went on yet on Chasevile street , But this is becoming an every night thing here .   I think Adults need a curfew they act worse than teenagers . Rolling Eyes

If there is no indictment, there should be no trial.

The officer was clearly attacked, by a stoned monster of a man who tried to get his gun.

Contrary to 2seaoat, the first, second or third or a dozen more autopsies could not tell what the intent was of this thug. He had gun shot residue on his hands and clothes. That had to happen inside the squad car.

There is nothing about "growing up". These are agitators who have been brought into the area to create havoc. A tactic obviously endorsed by...some on this thread.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Again, you're repeating what the other kid is saying. That's not what the officer is saying. There was a struggle and the gun went off. Just because the kid ran doesn't mean the officer couldn't shoot someone who was fleeing after committing a felony. You're ignoring that. The struggle was totally relevant to the shooting. You're wrong about that.

I already gave you the entire officers version that during the struggle Michael grabbed for his gun and he shot him.   Given.   Now every witness saw michael run from the squad and get about fifty feet away in the middle of the street.  All the witnesses testified to continuous gunfire from the police officer.  That gunfire and the fatal shot can only be justified by testimony that Michael had a weapon, or was running at the officer.......no witness has reported the same, and certainly the defense lawyers for the officer are familiar with the Supreme court case so now we have these second hand stories that from fifty feet away the decedent was a threat.  I am being patient, but really, either read the Supreme Court case and understand what you clearly did not understand in your previous posts, or simply make chit up and call it the law.

LOL! I've already said he was shot to many times,however, you are still ignoring the fact that it is what the officer perceives-not you. There is a witness who is saying he wasn't sure if Michael was falling forward or coming at the officer. You think you have all this sewn up when you really don't know what happened just like me. All I'm saying at this point is he  had a right to shoot him when he was fleeing as he committed a crime of assaulting him and possibly trying to take his weapon. It doesn't matter what you have determined in your mind.

So true, it doesn't matter what you have determined in your mind 2seaoat.

2seaoat

Yeah, that video showed him being gentle as a kitten as he bullied his way around that convenience store owner.

The video was released because it taints a jury pool. It is not relevant to this trial and would be excluded in a motion in Limine......but like the leaked grand jury information this is a white wash. The only issue is was deadly force used correctly in this case. I think this kid needed an attitude adjustment, and if he lived in some places I had lived, he would have gotten an appropriate beat down when back up arrived and he was arrested and transported. However, to use deadly force on a wounded retreating street walker........the answer is obvious......there can never be a trial and every dishonest and corrupt method to avoid that trial will be engaged. I am outraged the governor has not appointed a special prosecutor and sat a new grand jury in light of the St. Louis dispatch article and the mounting evidence that the defense team has broken every ethical rule. The Justice department is investigating, but the governor needs to immediately act.

2seaoat

If there is no indictment, there should be no trial.

The officer was clearly attacked, by a stoned monster of a man who tried to get his gun.

Contrary to 2seaoat, the first, second or third or a dozen more autopsies could not tell what the intent was of this thug. He had gun shot residue on his hands and clothes. That had to happen inside the squad car.

There is nothing about "growing up". These are agitators who have been brought into the area to create havoc. A tactic obviously endorsed by...some on this thread.

Duh

no indictment, no trial.......Duh

stoned monster........duh

tried to get his gun........duh

That had to happen inside the squad car..........duh

These are agitators who have been brought into the area to create havoc....duh

The only question before the grand jury was the use of deadly force justified.
This Grand Jury has been compromised from the outset. In my daughter's ten years of prosecuting murders, rapist, and bad felons she or nobody in her office has ever heard of inviting the criminal into the grand jury room. The grand jury proceedings are secret and controlled by the SA office. These intentional slanted leaks to the dispatch came for defense counsel and have only one purpose.....to derail justice. The governor needs to appoint a special prosecutor and reconvene a grand jury.....my daughter a republican prosecutor thinks what is happening in ST. Louis is now out of control.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/missouri-governor-announces-ferguson-commission-n230846

Special commission, but no special prosecutor.

Last edited by Floridatexan on 10/23/2014, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

So true, it doesn't matter what you have determined in your mind 2seaoat.

Because I am familiar with the standard does not make it in my mind. The standard is readily available for anyone who can read a Supreme Court case and it does not matter a whit what I think happened, the standard will be applied regardless.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The handling of this case has been a travesty. A special commission to study the problem is a slap in the face to the people who believe a crime was committed by this policeman. Seaoat is absolutely right...the governor should have appointed a special prosecutor...2 months ago.

2seaoat

There is no double jeopardy in a failed bill of indictment and the statute of limitations will not run while waiting to have a fair review of the evidence by a special prosecutor. The governor who is a Democrat was once the AG and he has been playing political games with this prosecution. As soon as the leaks happened this should have been shut down.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Yeah, that video showed him being gentle as a kitten as he bullied his way around that convenience store owner.

The video was released because it taints a jury pool.  It is not relevant to this trial and would be excluded in a motion in Limine......but like the leaked grand jury information this is a white wash.  The only issue is was deadly force used correctly in this case.   I think this kid needed an attitude adjustment, and if he lived in some places I had lived, he would have gotten an appropriate beat down when back up arrived and he was arrested and transported.  However, to use deadly force on a wounded retreating street walker........the answer is obvious......there can never be a trial and every dishonest and corrupt method to avoid that trial will be engaged.  I am outraged the governor has not appointed a special prosecutor and sat a new grand jury in light of the St. Louis dispatch article and the mounting evidence that the defense team has broken every ethical rule.  The Justice department is investigating, but the governor needs to immediately act.

Why would the video be excluded....it shows Brown's behaviour just prior to assaulting the officer.

2seaoat

Why would the video be excluded....it shows Brown's behaviour just prior to assaulting the officer.

It is not relevant to whether the shooting was justifiable. The officer knew nothing about the alleged theft of cigars from the convenience store. The law is very clear that prejudicial evidence which does not go to the ultimate issue of guilt will not be introduced into evidence. The Prosecutor will make a motion in limine and it will be granted. Relevant evidence which confirms the officers fear of the decedent as he was running away will be allowed to be introduced.

So as an example the stealing of crab legs and any video of the same by your protected athlete, will not be admissible in his sexual assault trial. You can argue it show his dishonesty, but that is prejudicial and does not go to the ultimate issue of did the perp sexually batter the victim.

But....but the video showed that the big thug advanced on the smaller clerk in the video so that shows he advanced on the police officer....nope, the evidence is uncontradicted that Michael struggled with the officer in the car and the officer felt threatened and fired two shots. No problem because the confrontation and shooting in the car is a given.......the ultimate issue of did the officer have the right to use deadly force outside the car has to be determined by the evidence at the scene and not prejudiced by the prior video.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Why would the video be excluded....it shows Brown's behaviour just prior to assaulting the officer.

It is not relevant to whether the shooting was justifiable.  The officer knew nothing about the alleged theft of cigars from the convenience store.   The law is very clear that prejudicial evidence which does not go to the ultimate issue of guilt will not be introduced into evidence.  The Prosecutor will make a motion in limine and it will be granted.  Relevant evidence which confirms the officers fear of the decedent as he was running away will be allowed to be introduced.

So as an example the stealing of crab legs and any video of the same by your protected athlete, will not be admissible in his sexual assault trial.  You can argue it show his dishonesty, but that is prejudicial and does not go to the ultimate issue of did the perp sexually batter the victim.

But....but the video showed that the big thug advanced on the smaller clerk in the video so that shows he advanced on the police officer....nope, the evidence is uncontradicted that Michael struggled with the officer in the car and the officer felt threatened and fired two shots.  No problem because the confrontation and shooting in the car is a given.......the ultimate issue of did the officer have the right to use deadly force outside the car has to be determined by the evidence at the scene and not prejudiced by the prior video.

It's relevent to Brown's behaviour, which you ignored, the fact remains he (Brown) had just committed a strong armed robbery. Why not take on a cop too?

Brown also physically assaulted the officer.

2seaoat

It's relevent to Brown's behaviour, which you ignored, the fact remains he (Brown) had just committed a strong armed robbery. Why not take on a cop too?

Brown also physically assaulted the officer.

You have answered the question why the motion will be granted and always is granted. You have just tried to connect bad behavior which has nothing to do with the shooting, and its prejudicial value far exceeds what the law calls probative value.....why not take on a cop too? duh he did take on a cop and it is undisputed that he had a physical confrontation with the officer in the squad which resulted in the decedent being shot at twice with one bullet hitting his thumb. All of that is probative and there is no risk of prejudicial non relevant evidence interfering with a jury processing that evidence.

2seaoat

The autopsy report and the toxicology report is probative and will be admissible, but contrary to what Mr. Markle thinks may actually assist in the prosecution of the officer. Now prior drug arrests and say a DUI with a 2.0 bac level would face the same motion in limine as not being probative and being prejudicial. The important thing to remember is that the probative value deals with the relevancy of evidence at the scene and at the moment the officer decided to use deadly force.

Vikingwoman

Seaoat's a quack. The guy assaulted a police officer and tried to take his gun. He then ran away and the officer shot him while trying to effect an arrest and Seaoat says it didn't meet the Supreme Court's standards. Bullshit! He was a fleeing felon just like the old guy who shot the girl in the back after she robbed his house and said don't shoot while running. We've been down this road w/ Seaoat in the Martin trial and he said the same shit.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:You have no clue what happened in that car.

Actually I have listened to four witness statements which said the officer grabbed Michael from the car and a scuffle between the officer and Michael began, and two gun shots happened in the car with Michael's thumb being shot at the end of the thumb and the doctor who performed the autopsy stating on O'donnel's show last night that there was NO evidence Michael was grabbing the gun, but only that his hand was in a position in the car to receive a bullet directly at the end of his thumb.

What happen in the car has very little relevance unless the officer saw that Michael was armed, or Michael had taken a weapon.   None of that was true.  An unarmed man who got in a scuffle with a police officer was shot at multiple times while he was running and wounded.  The witnesses said he turned and put his hands up and was fatally shot.   The only relevant standard is would a reasonable officer in a similar situation believe his life was at risk or the public was at risk to use deadly force.  I think at trial there will be many expert law enforcement officers who will testify to that standard and the training of officers in that situation.  I would suggest that the experts will testify that this shooting was a breach of the standard.

You have no idea who I am and what degrees I have......I have given you enough to repeatedly hang yourself.

I don't know who you are only what degrees you have posted on this forum which none of them is a law degree. You get your advice from your daughter the prosecutor and pretend you are a legal expert. The guy was a feeling felon. Whether he could have handled it differently is debatable but I think the officer will be exonerated.

2seaoat

You get your advice from your daughter the prosecutor and pretend you are a legal expert.

By golly that is my story and I am sticking to it. Now in regard to your comprehension of the fleeing felon rule and the use of lethal force. There is none. You have not absorbed one thing I guided you to.....not one. Again, legal concepts require the ability to conceptualize, and you lack the requisite reading to hold higher level legal concepts. Like a child creates their world from the immediate, and much like a child will relate to a flat world, as they process more information they are able to conceptualize a round world.

I will agree on one thing. It appears the prosecution has been whitewashed, compromised with leaks, and is doomed. Unless a special prosecutor is appointed, you are right.....the officer will not be criminally sentenced. However, there will be a civil trial and he most certainly will not be exonerated. He used deadly force on an unarmed wounded fleeing man where experts will establish that this shooting breached the standard for use of deadly force. You might also get a glimpse into the Feds case when they create their cause of action for that breach. Why do you think the feds are up in arms with the grand jury leaks. It taints their jury pool.

Vikingwoman

Blah blah blah! Same shit different day Seaoat regarding you conceptualization trash. You fail to acknowledge there are more than a few blacks who testified at the grand jury as to the officers account. I believe seven. You choose to believe the four witnesses who testified against the officer. We shall see what happens.

Markle

Markle

Just a tad bit of hypocrisy amongst the Progressive gun control fanatics. Great way to set an example.

Sen. Nasheed had handgun on her at time of arrest, refused breathalyzer, police say

by KMOV.com Staff
KMOV.com

Posted on October 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Updated yesterday at 4:48 PM

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Missouri State Senator Jamilah Nasheed had a gun in her possession at the time she was arrested Monday night outside the Ferguson Police Department, according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson.

Nasheed declined comment about the having the weapon, but did tell News 4 she has a concealed carry permit. A Ferguson police officer said Nasheed was carrying a fully-loaded 9mm handgun and additional rounds of ammunition.

Sources also told News 4 Ferguson police requested St. Ann to administer a breathalyzer test at the time of her arrest because she "smelled strongly of intoxicants," but, despite originally agreeing to the test, later refused to do so. Nasheed said Tuesday she was not intoxicated at the time.

[...]

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/State-Senator-arrested-outside-Ferguson-Police-Department-279860142.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum