Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Felonies keep piling up within this administration. IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe

+4
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Markle

Markle

The felonies against this administration just keep piling up.

IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe

Lois Lerner’s Blackberry was intentionally destroyed after Congress had begun its probe into IRS targeting of conservative groups, a senior IRS lawyer acknowledged in a sworn declaration.

Thomas Kane, Deputy Assistant Chief Counsel for the IRS, wrote in the declaration, part of a lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch against the IRS, that the Blackberry was "removed or wiped clean of any sensitive or proprietary information and removed as scrap for disposal in June 2012."

That date - June 2012 - is significant because by that time, ex-IRS official Lerner had already been summoned before congressional staffers who interviewed her about reports of the IRS' targeting of conservative groups.

"We had already talked to her. Our personal staff and Oversight Committee staff had sat down with Ms. Lerner and confronted her about information we were getting from conservative groups in the state of Ohio and around the country," Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told Fox News.

"If you intentionally destroy evidence, that is a crime. If you make a statement in court saying the evidence is not available and it is, that is also a crime," said Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice.

Read more:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/26/lois-lerner-blackberry-deliberately-destroyed-after-start-congressional-probe/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/15/republicans-truth-give-lois-lerner-immunity.html

This is exactly the argument that Seaoat was making:

"...This week, the Republican scandal du jour that ignited faux outrage was the IRS targeting Tea Party groups. I say “faux” outrage because I don’t recall the same level of outrage for George Bush when the IRS under his watch audited the NAACP after the organization was accused of improper political activity for criticizing the Bush administration. The IRS wrote in an audit notice to the NAACP, “We have received information that during your 2004 convention in Philadelphia, your organization distributed statements in opposition of George W. Bush for the office of presidency." Auditors also notified the group that it could be subject to a 10% tax for political expenditures as well as a 2.5%tax on any manager that signed off on the political activity.

The reality is that the IRS has permitted 501(c)4s to grow out of control and into things that they weren’t intended to be. These not-for-profits are being used by outside anonymous groups and donors that want to spend unlimited amounts of money to influence elections. Both Democrats and Republicans have seized onto this opening in the tax code. The IRS should be cracking down on all these groups equally..."

----------------

80% of new applications for 501(c)4 status were GOP/Tea Party groups.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/15/republicans-truth-give-lois-lerner-immunity.html

This is exactly the argument that Seaoat was making:

"...This week, the Republican scandal du jour that ignited faux outrage was the IRS targeting Tea Party groups. I say “faux” outrage because I don’t recall the same level of outrage for George Bush when the IRS under his watch audited the NAACP after the organization was accused of improper political activity for criticizing the Bush administration. The IRS wrote in an audit notice to the NAACP, “We have received information that during your 2004 convention in Philadelphia, your organization distributed statements in opposition of George W. Bush for the office of presidency." Auditors also notified the group that it could be subject to a 10% tax for political expenditures as well as a 2.5%tax on any manager that signed off on the political activity.

The reality is that the IRS has permitted 501(c)4s to grow out of control and into things that they weren’t intended to be. These not-for-profits are being used by outside anonymous groups and donors that want to spend unlimited amounts of money to influence elections. Both Democrats and Republicans have seized onto this opening in the tax code. The IRS should be cracking down on all these groups equally..."

----------------

80% of new applications for 501(c)4 status were GOP/Tea Party groups.  

You don't believe that the NAACP promotes political candidates and political agendas?

The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
•Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
•At least 5 pro-Israel groups
•Constitutional groups
•Groups that criticized Obama administration
•At least two pro-life groups
•An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
•A 180 year-old Baptist paper
•A Texas voting-rights group
•A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
•Conservative activists and businesses
•At least one conservative Hispanic group
•IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
•And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative

Now this…
IRS agents confirmed something we already knew — NO LIBERAL GROUPS were targeted by the Obama IRS – only conservative groups.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/05/17/exclusive-woman-who-asked-irss-lois-lerner-scandal-breaking-question-details-plant

Celia Roady, a prominent tax lawyer in the firm of Morgan Lewis, said she was called personally by Lois Lerner, the IRS head of the tax exempt division, on May 9.

"I received a call from Lois Lerner, who told me that she wanted to address an issue after her prepared remarks at the [American Bar Association] Tax Section's Exempt Organizations Committee Meeting, and asked if I would pose a question to her after her remarks," Roady said in a statement to U.S. News and World Report. "I agreed to do so, and she then gave me the question that I asked at the meeting the next day. We had no discussion thereafter on the topic of the question, nor had we spoken about any of this before I received her call. She did not tell me, and I did not know, how she would answer the question."

Acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller admitted to House lawmakers Friday during an oversight hearing of the controversy that the question was a plant. The IRS was aware of a forthcoming Treasury Department Inspector General Report that would condemn the targeting of groups applying for 501(c)(4) status if they contained the words "tea party," "patriot" or "9/12."

The transcript of Lois Lerner's reply: http://electionlawblog.org/?p=50160

" However, in these cases, the way they did the centralization was not so fine. Instead of referring to the cases as advocacy cases, they actually used case names on this list. They used names like Tea Party or Patriots and they selected cases simply because the applications had those names in the title. That was wrong, that was absolutely incorrect, insensitive, and inappropriate — that’s not how we go about selecting cases for further review. We don’t select for review because they have a particular name. The other thing that happened was they also, in some cases, cases sat around for a while. They also sent some letters out that were far too broad, asking questions of these organizations that weren’t really necessary for the type of application. In some cases you probably read that they asked for contributor names. That’s not appropriate, not usual, there are some very limited times when we might need that but in most of these cases where they were asked they didn’t do it correctly and they didn’t do it with a higher level of review. As I said, some of them sat around for too long."

Markle

Markle

Th Dude wrote:http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/05/17/exclusive-woman-who-asked-irss-lois-lerner-scandal-breaking-question-details-plant

Celia Roady, a prominent tax lawyer in the firm of Morgan Lewis, said she was called personally by Lois Lerner, the IRS head of the tax exempt division, on May 9.

"I received a call from Lois Lerner, who told me that she wanted to address an issue after her prepared remarks at the [American Bar Association] Tax Section's Exempt Organizations Committee Meeting, and asked if I would pose a question to her after her remarks," Roady said in a statement to U.S. News and World Report. "I agreed to do so, and she then gave me the question that I asked at the meeting the next day. We had no discussion thereafter on the topic of the question, nor had we spoken about any of this before I received her call. She did not tell me, and I did not know, how she would answer the question."

Acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller admitted to House lawmakers Friday during an oversight hearing of the controversy that the question was a plant. The IRS was aware of a forthcoming Treasury Department Inspector General Report that would condemn the targeting of groups applying for 501(c)(4) status if they contained the words "tea party," "patriot" or "9/12."

" However, in these cases, the way they did the centralization was not so fine. Instead of referring to the cases as advocacy cases, they actually used case names on this list. They used names like Tea Party or Patriots and they selected cases simply because the applications had those names in the title. That was wrong, that was absolutely incorrect, insensitive, and inappropriate — that’s not how we go about selecting cases for further review. We don’t select for review because they have a particular name. The other thing that happened was they also, in some cases, cases sat around for a while. They also sent some letters out that were far too broad, asking questions of these organizations that weren’t really necessary for the type of application. In some cases you probably read that they asked for contributor names. That’s not appropriate, not usual, there are some very limited times when we might need that but in most of these cases where they were asked they didn’t do it correctly and they didn’t do it with a higher level of review. As I said, some of them sat around for too long."  

Funny how it was only the Conservative applications which "sat around for too long".

The IRS said themselves that they were guilty and semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama said they were guilty and it was an outrage he was going to investigate.

NOTHING happened.... Gee, go figure. Eric Holder leaped on it right away.... Right, like he did the Ferguson investigation.

Felonies keep piling up within this administration.  IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe Jackson_Holder_Sharpton_zpscc8ad5b7

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

List of federal political scandals in the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States#2001.E2.80.932009_George_W._Bush_Administration

Carp about Obama's "scandals" all you want. He has a long way to go to catch up with the number of scandals George W. Bush had.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:List of federal political scandals in the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States#2001.E2.80.932009_George_W._Bush_Administration

Carp about Obama's "scandals" all you want. He has a long way to go to catch up with the number of scandals George W. Bush had.

Welcome to yesterday.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I think now would be a good time to remind everyone that the net result of this entire "scandal" was that one organization lost its tax exempt status.  Just one.  And that organization was a progression organization.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/meet_the_group_the_irs_actually_revoked_democrats/

That said, I think the GOP should continue to pursue work in this high-priority issue seeing as how it has nothing else to offer in way of big-boy policy.  When your base has the collective brain power of a bag doritos, well, this is what you get from your party.

Good luck in the general election!

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:When your base has the collective brain power of a bag doritos, well, this is what you get from your party.

Doritos libel!

Markle

Markle

President George Walker Bush is not in office.

Keep up your futile, childish efforts to distract attention from the real catastrophes happening today.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

Keep up your futile, childish efforts to distract attention from the real catastrophes happening today.

If anyone's efforts seem to be futile, they are yours. It's not like you are developing a consensus at this little forum....... Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

It's interesting... the central irs figure sets up an admission of wrong doing... and the leftists instead believe diversions.

All while demanding disclosure and transparency and a massive investigation into ferguson justice. It's not normal.

2seaoat

"If you intentionally destroy evidence, that is a crime. If you make a statement in court saying the evidence is not available and it is, that is also a crime,"

The committee screwed up. Where was the subpoena duces tecum, and a formal request for production under clear discovery tools available to the house committee. No law is broken......none to dispose of a blackberry in the absence of a request for the same. Mr. Markle cuts and pastes things he does not understand, and takes things out of context like there is a trial in a house committee, or they have any powers if they have not properly subpoenaed those documents. Like the bombs on the Syrian government, the response from the Russian Navy, and the invasion of Ukraine........some people need to think before typing. NO LAW WAS BROKEN IF THEY FAILED ON THE SUBPOENAS!

2seaoat

the central irs figure sets up an admission of wrong doing

I speak and read English.......could you translate.

2seaoat wrote:the central irs figure sets up an admission of wrong doing

Do you bother reading the thread before you post? Even if I hadn't provided the background before that statement... we're talking about current events man. You must be slipping fast to need spoon feeding. Perhaps taking notes would help.

knothead

knothead

Th Dude wrote:

Do you bother reading the thread before you post? Even if I hadn't provided the background before that statement... we're talking about current events man. You must be slipping fast to need spoon feeding. Perhaps taking notes would help.

Easy there cowboy . . .

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:"If you intentionally destroy evidence, that is a crime. If you make a statement in court saying the evidence is not available and it is, that is also a crime,"

The committee screwed up.  Where was the subpoena duces tecum, and a formal request for production under clear discovery tools available to the house committee.  No law is broken......none to dispose of a blackberry in the absence of a request for the same.  Mr. Markle cuts and pastes things he does not understand, and takes things out of context like there is a trial in a house committee, or they have any powers if they have not properly subpoenaed those documents.   Like the bombs on the Syrian government, the response from the Russian Navy, and the invasion of Ukraine........some people need to think before typing.   NO LAW WAS BROKEN IF THEY FAILED ON THE SUBPOENAS!

Here we see a panicked 2seaoat drifting on his chase lounge down DE-NILE RIVER.  How sweet.

Felonies keep piling up within this administration.  IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe RaftingRiver-1

knothead wrote:
Th Dude wrote:

Easy there cowboy . . .

We were on page one. I'm not cutting him any slack for being lazy or inconsiderate. He might only read his own posts.

2seaoat

We were on page one. I'm not cutting him any slack for being lazy or inconsiderate. He might only read his own posts.

I read the thread. I reread what I highlighted. It makes no sense. If you want to run away from explaining the same, that is fine with me, but all I did was extend the courtesy that your post does not make a lick of sense. If it was lazy or even inconsiderate I would not have bothered communicating that you posted something which made no sense. Explain the highlighted quote, and maybe there could be a discussion, but it makes on sense.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

If anyone's efforts seem to be futile, they are yours. It's not like you are developing a consensus at this little forum....... Razz

Indeed, you have an interesting concept of a consensus. Your little pod of far left, die hard Progressives. Being deserted by what you believed were staunch supporters.

Felonies keep piling up within this administration.  IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe ApprovalofObama8282014Gallup_zpscf14b048

From just above your question on the same page. No one else had trouble following the thread... just you.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/05/17/exclusive-woman-who-asked-irss-lois-lerner-scandal-breaking-question-details-plant

Sal

Sal

A bureaucrat covering her ass??

Stop the fucking presses!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Who's distracting us from the real catastrophes happening today? Get real. The only people who give a damn about the IRS targeting political groups masking themselves as charities, etc., are the furry, far, right whacko crowd of which you are truly a champion.

However, in the interests of relevant current (CURRENT) catastrophes that warrant discussion are Global Warming, Racism in America, and the odds increasing that the republicans want to run Mitt Romney again . . .

You must lack a sense of fair play. The end justifies any means eh comrade?

Obama said he cared... but who knows if that's the truth.

“If you’ve got the IRS operating in anything less than a neutral and non-partisan way, then that is outrageous… People have to be held accountable, and it’s got to be fixed.”

2seaoat

Is it Roady, Miller, or Lerner who is this IRS principal? Please explain what is the suggested wrong doing? Are you suggesting that the IRS was politically targeting the conservative groups exclusively, and what is your proof? Please try to use your words and avoid cut and paste of other people's opinions. Give me your understanding of the IRS controversy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum