Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hurricane Isaac

+13
TEOTWAWKI
SheSurfs
no stress
Joanimaroni
NaNook
Nekochan
othershoe1030
Lisa12
ZVUGKTUBM
Yella
PBulldog2
gulfbeachbandit
Hospital Bob
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:07 pm

NaNook

NaNook

Bob wrote:
NaNook wrote:Go to , magicseaweed.com for the real info. I dropped wind 6 years ago and invested the savings.

The problem is people who have a mortgage
. Guess what, banks set the risk, insurance companies pass along the costs. In other words, the banks, insurance companies, both make money off of your Required insurance.

Are you feeling the LOVE?
Forgot about that NaNook. Those rascals won't cut you a break.

That is why I self-insure myself. Just like most companies..... I live in a 60 year old home, one wind claim...$1200, see my point? I'll follow Prince Harry, get naked.........

27Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:18 pm

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Storm-10

28Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:30 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Those models are already tightening up this early, Eric. Not good.

Now we need to start paying attention to the intensity forecast. This is what they're telling us at 4PM...

THE INTENSITY FORECAST SHOWS STRENGTHENING OVER THE GULF
OF MEXICO...AND THE CURRENT 120 HR INTENSITY COULD BE CONSERVATIVE IF THE GLOBAL MODEL UPPER-LEVEL WIND FORECASTS VERIFY.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT4+shtml/232055.shtml

I don't like that either.

29Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:37 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But it's not all bad news. Right now they're predicting only cat 1 at 120 hours.

120H 28/1800Z 28.5N 85.5W 75 KT 85 MPH

So even if that does turn out to be "conservative", it's probably not likely that it will strengthen to more than cat 2.
It might do some rapid intensification to bring it up to as high as cat 3 in the central gulf. But as we know around here when that happens it usually weakens somewhat before landfall (when it travels over the colder coastal water) so it would probably come in as no greater than cat 2 if it does.

30Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:44 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Storm-10
Look at that BAMM model, Eric. It's got the damn thing going to Brewton and then doing an about face and coming back to Gulf Shores.
That model must think you're gonna feed the hurricane too many margaritas on the way in. lol

31Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:46 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

NaNook wrote:Go to , magicseaweed.com for the real info. I dropped wind 6 years ago and invested the savings.

The problem is people who have a mortgage. Guess what, banks set the risk, insurance companies pass along the costs. In other words, the banks, insurance companies, both make money off of your Required insurance.

My insurance company loves me, that's for certain. And NaNook, I don't have a mortgage, so insurance isn't required in my case. I'm just petrified to go bare, even though the option is becoming more likely.

I couldn't even get my insurer to drop the contents cost from my policy. I wanted to drop that, medical, theft, all of it other than wind and fire. It was a no-go.

32Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:50 pm

OH Damn!!!!!! Ge-zus It is Coming right down Old Corry Field road. Woe is me. And the nearest shelter for me is going to be Studers Storm and Baseball Park Multi use stadium. Damn............

33Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 5:53 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the last posts on the PNJ forum was BPExecutive saying he hoped "a hurricane would knock out the news journal building".
He may get that wish he didn't really want. lol

34Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 7:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"The structure of Isaac suggests that only slow strengthening is likely. However, environmental conditions are favorable for rapid intensification, which could occur if the cyclone develops a well-defined inner core," the NHC said."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/23/storm-isaac-idINL6E8JNBX820120823

35Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 7:45 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is what hurricanecity.com calls the three "best performing" track models...

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Models10

36Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 7:48 pm

looks like were going to share this one.

Buckle UP!

37Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 8:10 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:

The problem is people who have a mortgage. Guess what, banks set the risk, insurance companies pass along the costs. In other words, the banks, insurance companies, both make money off of your Required insurance.

My insurance company loves me, that's for certain. And NaNook, I don't have a mortgage, so insurance isn't required in my case. I'm just petrified to go bare, even though the option is becoming more likely.

I couldn't even get my insurer to drop the contents cost from my policy. I wanted to drop that, medical, theft, all of it other than wind and fire. It was a no-go.

You should get the hurricane strengthening from Rebuild. It will cut your insurance in half.

38Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 8:59 pm

Yella

Yella

Lurch wrote:It's gonna hit the ballpark..

Dam tink be a takin' out dat whatchamacallit ferris wheeler down der on dat beech.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

39Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 9:51 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I'll try and head the storm off....for the last several years (post Dennis) when we have had a threat of a hurricane....I go to Lowe's and buy a generator. The generator stays boxed in my car ready to open if the storm hits us. When the threat is over I quickly return the unused generator. I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to buy a propane generator.

40Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:13 pm

Joani, it's good to see you again. Have you been away, or am I just not being observant?

I didn't even know they made propane generators.

I need to gas up my Honda and run it some.

41Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:27 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:I'll try and head the storm off....for the last several years (post Dennis) when we have had a threat of a hurricane....I go to Lowe's and buy a generator. The generator stays boxed in my car ready to open if the storm hits us. When the threat is over I quickly return the unused generator. I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to buy a propane generator.
Remember back during the storms ten years ago a LOT of people were buying the generators, using them during the power outage, and then taking them back for the refund after they'd used em. I don't remember if they ever put a stop to that or not. lol

42Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:38 pm

I kept mine.. It saves me the trouble of waitin in line and hoping to get one.. It took a while to get my hands on it and I'm keepin it.. With all of the rain we've been havin I can see a lot of trees going down if we get enough wind.

43Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The so-called "best performing" track models have spread out since the last model run.

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Spread10

44Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:56 pm

You all know that those pre-dick-shions have a direct link to Home Depot and Lowes. as soon as the stores in the "predicted" area meet their sales quotas, the word goes out and the next "prediction" is issued.

45Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 10:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

10 PM forecast track has shifted a little west...

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Johny10

46Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 11:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If it hits us it's gonna hit us at night.
I can't decide which I prefer, a hurricane in daylight or one at night.
I didn't like not knowing what was happening outside during Ivan. But then when Dennis hit I didn't like being able to see all that scary stuff going on outside. lol

47Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 11:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yomama wrote:Joani, it's good to see you again. Have you been away, or am I just not being observant?

I didn't even know they made propane generators.

I need to gas up my Honda and run it some.

I have a brand new grandson...so I have been very busy.

You can get a propane conversion kit for gas generators...I can't stand the smell of gas and I think propane will be cleaner and safer.

https://servimg.com/view/17590589/33

Hallmark....having grown up here with NAS...I take the warnings seriously when the base starts evacuation procedures.

48Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 11:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Take a look at this. When Hurricane Dennis was 3 days before going up Avalon Blvd, this is where the Hurricane Center was predicting it would go.

HOLY CRAP THAT FORECAST HIT THE BULLSEYE DEAD CENTER!

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Dennis10

49Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 11:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

On the other hand, they weren't as accurate on Ivan 3 days out. Had the center hit Ft. Walton (as this indicates) we would have been spared.

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Ivan10

50Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/23/2012, 11:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One last one. Here was the Katrina forecast a little more than 3 days out. This one ended up being way way wrong...

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 2 Katrin10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum