Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unprecedented stuff happening on this NBA presser right now

+8
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
knothead
Sal
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
QueenOfHearts
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Any incident involving airliners will always be the big news.

I remember years ago,  an airliner was taxiing away from the gate at an airport.  It bumped into something on the way out.  Not a sole was even injured.
That night,  an evening national newscast led with a 5 minute story on this.

At the time,  it struck me as being so odd that not a mention was made of the hundreds of people who had been maimed and killed on the nation's highways that day.

So. It's actually "if it bleeds it leads, but only if no airliner bumped into anything that day". lol

2seaoat

He was an owner for 30 years and will now not get to see a very good team after twenty years of the worst franchise in sports history. He knew the drill and the importance of the NBA brand. As an agent for a company, my foot in my mouth can terminate my employment, and certainly he has damaged the brand of the NBA. He will not sue because he will leverage this foot in the mouth to a nice profit with the other NBA owners chipping in to make this whole thing go away.

I think what impressed me most was the way corporate America withdrew sponsorships so quickly. America still has deep seated problems in race relations, but never in my life have I seen such a response from corporate America.......when folks lose money with hate, maybe finally we will begin to eradicate the final vestige of the same. I was very impressed with Stern as commissioner, but Silver handled himself very professionally at the news conference, and I am excited that the NBA has strong leadership and will continue to have such a good product despite this temporary detour.

Sal

Sal

OK, this is getting really weird. 

The cable news networks are carrying Doc River's presser live, and reporters are asking should the team change its name. 

Surreal. 

WTF??

.when folks lose money with hate,

LOL The Fucker is going to MAKE money. He could give a damn less no matter what he says.. Old owner=Racist.....Possible new owner=Whore Monger Great product. It is all about MONEY not race...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
I think what impressed me most was the way corporate America withdrew sponsorships so quickly.  

I wouldn't give corporate America too much credit for making decisions based on ethics or morals.

When Phil Robertson ran down queers, corporate America gave in to Robertson totally.
Why? Because corporate America knew most of the audience for Duck Dynasty would side with Robertson.

When Sterling ran down blacks, corporate America knew the lion's share of the audience for the NBA would side up against Sterling. So they went with the audience.

Corporate America is all about where the dollars are. Period.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Bob wrote:

Corporate America is all about where the dollars are.  Period.

Yup.

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:
Sal wrote:So, is the commish in on this conspiracy?

All the other owners?

Stupid.

The fact is that this guy was an embarrassment to the NBA for a long, long time.

They finally found something sufficiently embarrassing to shed themselves of him.

His business indiscretions and adulterous lifestyle weren't enough, because all the other owners live similar lifestyles and wouldn't want that brought to light.

lol

A double concur with Sal.  What a  day!!! Mark it down  April 29, 2014

Why? Who cares?

You must. You replied LOL

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Escambia County schools are closed tomorrow.

Markle

Markle

Not surprising, a lot of bigots posting about a well known racist.

Sal said he was an embarrassment to the NBA. Not until this past week. You could have asked 1,000 people on the street who owned the Clippers and they'd have thought you were talking about the local hair cutter.

He had been sued and paid millions in fines for Fair Housing violations and other violations. No one in the league cared. So does that make Sterling a racist or the rest of the league?

He's involved with a massive divorce settlement, which he could care less about too. For that he has attorneys.

Previously his team was valued at $500-$600 MILLION. Now they're estimating over $700 MILLION.

Everyone is prejudiced to one degree or another. That's normal and everyone has those feelings. It is how you handle those inner feelings. Obviously, Sterling has put on a lesson as to how NOT to handle those feelings. The difference with Sterling and anyone else in his bracket is that they don't give a rats behind.

Obviously, whites are not the only one with this problem. Simply look at all the African American Race Baiters who make their living out of making statement not unlike what was said by Sterling.

To ME, it just looks like they're making more of this than it merits.

I hope he sells he team and simply quietly fades away.

QueenOfHearts wrote:Escambia County schools are closed tomorrow.
Thats good. There will be a lot of damage from this. Last time Old Corry was out and it was a month or so before they could fix it. Hope it doesn't was out this time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:Not surprising, a lot of bigots posting about a well known racist.

Sal said he was an embarrassment to the NBA.  Not until this past week.  You could have asked 1,000 people on the street who owned the Clippers and they'd have thought you were talking about the local hair cutter.

He had been sued and paid millions in fines for Fair Housing violations and other violations.  No one in the league cared.  So does that make Sterling a racist or the rest of the league?

He's involved with a massive divorce settlement, which he could care less about too.  For that he has attorneys.

Previously his team was valued at $500-$600 MILLION.  Now they're estimating over $700 MILLION.

Everyone is prejudiced to one degree or another.  That's normal and everyone has those feelings.  It is how you handle those inner feelings.  Obviously, Sterling has put on a lesson as to how NOT to handle those feelings.  The difference with Sterling and anyone else in his bracket is that they don't give a rats behind.

Obviously, whites are not the only one with this problem.  Simply look at all the African American Race Baiters who make their living out of making statement not unlike what was said by Sterling.

To ME, it just looks like they're making more of this than it merits.

I hope he sells he team and simply quietly fades away.  

Markle, I have to say I'm proud of you. You didn't blame Obama this time. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Gunz wrote:Freedom of speech is now officially dead

'Freedom of speech'. I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Mr Ichi wrote:Same for me but add "Baseball"  #13  LOL  This has to be some of the most knee jerk, dramatic, silly(add adjective here)  stuff I have ever witnessed.  Damn everything.  Maybe they will drag him behind a pick up truck.  I mean hell, he aint Human.  LOL

I can't tell if you're being honest or of this is a bad attempt at sarcasm. Are you saying that Sterling is the victim here?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Pretty simple what it is...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Amendment 1 of the Bill Of Rights

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Pretty simple what it is...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Amendment 1 of the Bill Of Rights

In reading that, if you feel Donald Sterling's First Amendment rights were violated, you don't understand what you just read.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:

In reading that, if you feel Donald Sterling's First Amendment rights were violated, you don't understand what you just read.

You just like to pick fights so you can exercise your freedom of speech...You can say anything you want but if society decides to punish you then bummer...it's not a thing of law it's just common decency to treat people as you would want to be treated , right jerk ? Now in some countries like Germany you can spend 6 years in jail for denying the holocaust.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

This has nothing to do with the Sterling/NBA issue. Do you think we all have the right to say anything we want without any type of consequence? Can I say things that cause my employer to lose business without any repercussion?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

QueenOfHearts wrote:

This has nothing to do with the Sterling/NBA issue.  Do you think we all have the right to say anything we want without any type of consequence?  Can I say things that cause my employer to lose business without any repercussion?

No and just as evil and asinine is putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say to demonize and degrade them....I posted the amendment directly from the Bill of Rights..I implied nothing else. You can say whatever you want and especially on this forum but you might get a response you don't like. I have had people threaten to kill me on these forums but hey ...freedom of speech and I would simply apply the 2nd amendment if they acted on their words and wishes.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
Mark Twain

The threat or fear of violence should not become an excuse or justification for restricting freedom of speech.
Alan Dershowitz

The Internet's like one big bathroom wall with a lot of people who anonymously can say really mean things. It's fine, I believe in freedom of speech and I think people should think what they want, but I don't care to hear it.
Zooey Deschanel

For a good time call Queen of hearts....850 555-1010

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

This has nothing to do with the Sterling/NBA issue.  Do you think we all have the right to say anything we want without any type of consequence?  Can I say things that cause my employer to lose business without any repercussion?

No and just as evil and asinine is putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say to demonize and degrade them....I posted the amendment directly from the Bill of Rights..I implied nothing else. You can say whatever you want and especially on this forum but you might get a response you don't like. I have had people threaten to kill me on these forums but hey ...freedom of speech and I would simply apply the 2nd amendment if they acted on their words and wishes.

What words did I put in your mouth? I asked you questions in order to clarify your post. You post the First Amendment in a thread regarding Sterling's racist comments and the NBA's actions . . . but I'm sure you did not mean to imply anything.  Rolling Eyes 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
Mark Twain

The threat or fear of violence should not become an excuse or justification for restricting freedom of speech.
Alan Dershowitz

The Internet's like one big bathroom wall with a lot of people who anonymously can say really mean things. It's fine, I believe in freedom of speech and I think people should think what they want, but I don't care to hear it.
Zooey Deschanel

For a good time call Queen of hearts....850 555-1010

As my beloved, darlin' grandmother would say . . . Bless your little heart.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

QueenOfHearts wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

What words did I put in your mouth?  I asked you questions in order to clarify your post.  You post the First Amendment in a thread regarding Sterling's racist comments and the NBA's actions . . . but I'm sure you did not mean to imply anything.   Rolling Eyes 

If you didn't mean to provoke me then you have the cloak of innocence and should find security in that...shame on me for even thinking you would ever be so vile...

Sal

Sal

T seems a little more off than usual today.

His FEMA trailer must be leaking.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm sure this will prove me to be a bad racist.

But I have listened a couple times to the whole audio recording unedited.
And what I pick up from Sterling is not so much racism as something else.
I think what we're hearing on that tape is his mistress being seen in public with a bigshot sex symbol sports celebrity. I think this is more jealousy than racism.
It would be common knowledge in Sterling's circles that he has this mistress. Hell his wife was already suing the girl to get back the $150,000 in crap he gave her.
It's pretty simple. Sterling's had his manhood and his ego (probably as big as a barn) stepped on. Whenever she's seen in public with Magic Johnson, Sterling doesn't want people to laugh at him over it. And yes Sterling's past history on race stuff has some problems in it.
I think what you hear on the recording would be the same thing if the mistress was seen with a bigtime white NBA legend. Except race wouldn't be a part of it. Sterling was all riled and the prejudice came out in a moment of anger. But this is not really about race. It's mostly a dick measuring contest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum