Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unprecedented stuff happening on this NBA presser right now

+8
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
knothead
Sal
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
QueenOfHearts
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:But it's no longer politically correct to make fun of midgets since a midget is now the star of one of the biggest tv shows.

What show is that I don't watch much TV ?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I wonder if midgets chose to be midgets like the queers choose to be queers.
Does the Bible say anything agin midgets?  

Yeah they were not allowed in the temple.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Uh oh. I just discovered the word "midget" is now as politically incorrect as the words nigger, faggot, heeb, wop, greaser, kike, etc.
The correct term is now "little person".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Uh oh.  I just discovered the word "midget" is now as politically incorrect as the words nigger,  faggot,  heeb,  wop,  greaser, kike,  etc.
The correct term is now "little person".

Little person sounds so demeaning....sucks

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:But it's no longer politically correct to make fun of midgets since a midget is now the star of one of the biggest tv shows.

What show is that I don't watch much TV ?

http://todayentertainment.today.com/_news/2012/01/16/10166540-peter-dinklage-gives-a-golden-shout-out-to-dwarf-tossing-victim?d=1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The little person actor's name is Peter Dinklage,  teo,  and the show is "Game of Thrones".  Wildy popular but I couldn't get into it.

But being fellow movie buffs,  here's a tip for you.  Dinklage starred in a wonderful indie film called "The Station Agent".
Trust me,  the movie and his performance will bring you to tears (if you haven't seen it).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/station_agent/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had a friend that was only 4' 8" in heels she had to run into the 7/11 for something so I waited in the car.. Some teenagers came running out of the store and just knocked her, all 80 pounds of her for a loop. they didn't even slow down I don't know if they even saw her...sucks to be different.

Yeah I saw the station agent..beautiful....let me find that youtube mellencamp made it's cool.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Forget the "N" word Now it is the "Y" word.. Shhhhhhhh

Three Tottenham fans have been charged with using the ‘Y-word’ at White Hart Lane.

The men are accused of ‘racially aggravated’ offences and will appear at Hendon Magistrates' Court on February 4.

The Metropolitan Police warned supporters in early October that they risked warnings or arrest for using the word ‘Yid’, even if it was in the context of supporting their own team, while the FA warned such ‘unacceptable language’ might lead to banning orders or criminal prosecution

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2543402/Saddened-not-surprised-Spurs-fans-trust-disappointed-three-charged-using-Y-word.html#ixzz30KIE2EPF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I used to know a guy in high school (PHS) named Lee Mabes. Mabes was brilliant but really eccentric. I think he was supposed to have a mensa IQ.

Years later another mutual friend of Mabes ran into him at the Atlanta airport.
Said Mabes was traveling with two dwarfs. Told him he had been "working with dwarfs" for a spell but I never did learn exactly what that meant.
Hadn't even thought about it for years until now.

Bob wrote:I used to know a guy in high school (PHS) named Lee Mabes.  Mabes was brilliant but really eccentric.  I think he was supposed to have a mensa IQ.

Years later another mutual friend of Mabes ran into him at the Atlanta airport.
Said Mabes was traveling with two dwarfs.  Told him he had been "working with dwarfs" for a spell but I never did learn exactly what that meant.
Hadn't even thought about it for years until now.

Was his dad a coach or something? Veems I remember a Victor Mabes. Brother? But maybe not... Bored just posting to anything LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:sucks to be different.

QFT

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:

[b]Was his dad a coach or something?  Veems I remember a Victor Mabes. Brother?    But maybe not... Bored just posting to anything LOL

Could be, Ichi, I just don't know. I have forgotten 95% of my youth.

I made a new thread for this. Being I hijacked my own thread, twice LOL

Report: Magic Johnson wants to buy Clippers from Sterling
April 28, 2014 – 4:36 am by Ryan Phillips

Magic Johnson

With the allegations of racism against Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling still pouring out, the NBA faces a real crisis. New commissioner Adam Silver needs to act quickly, but what, exactly he can do under league rules is still unclear. But the best possible avenue may have emerged, as Magic Johnson has let it be known that he wants to buy the Clippers.

According to Yahoo!’s Adrian Wojnarowski Johnson and his billionaire backers, the Guggenheim Partners, are interested in purchasing the team. If the NBA wants to bail itself out of this crisis, the league should do all it can to facilitate a sale to someone with a far better public reputation. No one is more popular, or widely respected in NBA circles than Magic Johnson.

For years the NBA has essentially enabled Sterling despite repeated accusations of racism and his horrendous ownership record with the Clippers. In fact, without David Stern vetoing the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers, there is no reason to believe the franchise would have turned things around under Sterling’s leadership. That veto and Paul’s subsequent trade to the Clippers made the team a contender. But it took Stern essentially gift-wrapping Paul to the Clippers for it to happen.

Johnson and Guggenheim Partners already own the Los Angeles Dodgers and the group wants to start a sports empire in Southern California. Magic and company already made it known they wanted to buy the Lakers, but the Buss family has been clear that the franchise isn’t for sale. Because this would be a business decision, I have a hard time seeing Johnson shy away from buying the Clippers simply because he spent his entire career with the Lakers.

As things stand now, Sterling will almost surely never be allowed to attend another NBA game. The league simply can’t have him as a representative, especially in one of its biggest markets. Owners around the league now want him out. They don’t want a bigot as part of their fraternity because it makes the rest of them look bad by association.

Silver will be pushed to make a swift, decisive ruling once those vile tapes are authenticated, which they surely will be. At that point he’ll have to decide how he wants his tenure as commissioner to begin. He can do something quietly and usher Sterling to the side while still allowing him to own his team. Or he can make a declarative statement that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated, and should not have been accepted for more than two decades.

Sterling is a disgusting human being who should not be allowed to own an NBA franchise. Luckily for the NBA, the perfect owner appears to be waiting for his chance to buy the team.

So Fuck a 1000 Johnson gets bent out of shape and screams for pecker head to sell his team. But Wait!! He wanted to buy the damn team all along LOL Vince...Ya done us proud.....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:So Fuck a 1000 Johnson gets bent out of shape and screams for pecker head to sell his team.  But Wait!!  He wanted to buy the damn team all along LOL  Vince...Ya done us proud.....

Could this recording and it's outcome be the result of a....wait for it......CONSPIRACY !

Sal

Sal

So, is the commish in on this conspiracy?

All the other owners?

Stupid.

The fact is that this guy was an embarrassment to the NBA for a long, long time.

They finally found something sufficiently embarrassing to shed themselves of him.

His business indiscretions and adulterous lifestyle weren't enough, because all the other owners live similar lifestyles and wouldn't want that brought to light.

lol

Sal wrote:So, is the commish in on this conspiracy?

All the other owners?

Stupid.

The fact is that this guy was an embarrassment to the NBA for a long, long time.

They finally found something sufficiently embarrassing to shed themselves of him.

His business indiscretions and adulterous lifestyle weren't enough, because all the other owners live similar lifestyles and wouldn't want that brought to light.

lol

A double concur with Sal. What a day!!! Mark it down April 29, 2014

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

So a friend of Magic just happens to record the idiot owner in one of his tirades and poof team is up for grabs...hum..okay whatever...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just for the record, Johnson is denying that he wants to buy the team (I have no idea if he's lying or not).

Also, it's now being reported on CNN that Sterling is going to get a shitpot full of profit off the sale of the team.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Also CNN is reporting a new angle.
Sterling's wife Shelley (sic) is co-owner of the team. And she isn't banned from anything.
Stay tuned.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sterling is going to get a shitpot full of profit off the sale of the team.

Only $900-some-odd million bucks. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's what I love most. This has bumped the Ukraine and the airliner off the CNN. Now we may never know if the airliner is found or if World War 3 has started. At least until after this story has been milked for everything it's worth.
Hopefully Comedy Central/Jon Stewart will give us the rest of the news. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Here's what I love most.  This has bumped the Ukraine and the airliner off the CNN.  Now we may never know if the airliner is found or if World War 3 has started.  At least until after this story has been milked for everything it's worth.
Hopefully Comedy Central/Jon Stewart will give us the rest of the news.  lol

CNN had the airliner on their front page this morning. 

I kid you not. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

CNN had the airliner on their front page this morning. 

I kid you not. 

I stand corrected. And now I see Anderson Cooper has pre-empted the basketball diaries to give another airliner update. They got another ping or something. lol

Silly me. I forgot the "prime directive" of television news. "if it bleeds, it leads".
And it doesn't necessarily require actual blood to be seen. An airliner full of corpses also qualifies as a "bleed". lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum